March 28, 2024, 08:41:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bipartisan group of 8 senators reach deal on immigration changes"  (Read 1287 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 28, 2013, 05:23:19 AM »

From Fox -

--Creating a path to citizenship for the estimated illegal immigrants already in the U.S., contingent upon securing the border and better tracking of people here on visas.

The gate's been open a long time.  The article mentions 11 million people.  It's been 'estimated' at 11 million for over a decade, iirc.  So, maybe the number is really like 50 million? 

Obama and his admin think the border is already secure.  It hasn't been secure since Reagan's Amnesty.  Exactly what are they going to do different?

Will they being deporting people who've arrived in say the last 10 years?  5 years?  1 year?  Going forward?

--Creating an effective employment verification system to ensure that employers do not hire illegal immigrants.

Deport people who try to get jobs?  What about the welfare system?  Deport people who are here illegally and apply for their families?  Legal and illegal children? 

What about the voting system?  Deport people who register to vote?  Have voted?

--Allowing more low-skill workers into the country and allowing employers to hire immigrants if they can demonstrate they couldn't recruit a U.S. citizen; and establishing an agricultural worker program.

Can't recruit?  What of the people already on welfare?    Maybe offer them a job?  Limit welfare to two years?  Offer those on a welfare a 'low-skill' job if one is available within say 100 miles?  Jobs instead of welfare?  If illegals and other low-skill people can relocate thousands of miles from their home, why can't a welfare recipient take a low-skill starter job just a few miles away?  Relocate?

read more here - http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/28/bipartisan-group-8-senators-reach-deal-on-immigration-changes/

Why doesn't any of this seem to benefit Main Street?  American citizens? 

Just 4 pages.  Just like Obamacare, they'll have to pass the bill to find out what's in it.

Hmmm...fire up the IRS bonus machine.  I think 'paying back taxes' will really mean folks getting 'refunds' of back taxes, child/earned income, and fat checks of like $500,000 or more in one lump sum.  Perhaps the nation will have to borrow a few TRILLION dollars to cover all these 'back tax' filers...

Is it really a tax collection arm of government or an IRS bonus/lottery?

Imagine the cottage industries that could be set up providing bogus tax papers and identities.  No need to 'prove' you've been here, just buy some papers.  Likely the whole system will ignore duplicate and bogus paperwork. 

How many bogus citizens will be established?  All of them vote for the party of "Obama's Law"?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 06:25:53 AM »

How will America be protected from criminals?  What will disqualify someone from the 'pathway'?

Hmmm...

You've collected welfare benefits for your family?

You've used your child's name and Social Security number for employment?

Your fingerprints link you to a crime?

You cannot provide verifiable addresses for the years you've been in this country?

Your address/employment/identities have been used by more than one person?  More than 10 people?  Hundreds?

Does the window of opportunity for Amnesty, just like the first one have an end?  More empty promises?  No more Amnesty? 

Millions coming annually for the next big citizenship/welfare/IRS bonus lottery?

Will folks self-verify all their information?

Any meaningful effort to root out criminals and fraud?

Why even live here after you hit the 'pay taxes' lottery?

I imagine citizens and those here legally don't get the lottery bonus, the welfare bonus, the 'get out of jail free card'.

Likely, politicians will make the same excuses in years to come -

We didn't have time to read the bill.  We didn't 'think' they'd lie, cheat, and fraud the American people out of TRILLIONS.  We didn't know that 'little known provision' was in there.  We can print money, what does it matter if we give away TRILLIONS to illegals?  What does it matter, they're already here?  You just don't like immigrants.

Just more vote buying.  MO

When you earn a dollar, you should take that dollar home.  No more, no less.

just my humble questions and concerns

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.