April 27, 2024, 03:43:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #504 7/31 - 8/3/2006  (Read 160602 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2006, 09:20:54 AM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"

Good morning Monkeys!

The pasword is.......

HOT!

So everyone keep cool today!

Cute little doglet!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2006, 09:24:39 AM »

I need to ask the monkeys a question that's off topic... really, how to handle a situation..

if a friend's, a very dear, very loved friend's husband has gained so much weight and you see a picture, but you notice that he looks unhealthy... I mean like maybe a thyroid disease etc....

how do you ask your friend if she has made her husband see a doctor??

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: August 01, 2006, 09:35:21 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I need to ask the monkeys a question that's off topic... really, how to handle a situation..

if a friend's, a very dear, very loved friend's husband has gained so much weight and you see a picture, but you notice that he looks unhealthy... I mean like maybe a thyroid disease etc....

You just talk to her alone and say basically what you just stated.

Tell her how important she is to you, and that you are concerned because her husbands weight gain looks unnatural, and has he seen a Dr.

A dear friend will appreciate the concern.

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #223 on: August 01, 2006, 09:36:16 AM »

"Hey Sweetie....saw a pic of you and hubby....brought back some great memories!! But I noticed hubby has put on a bit of weight...has he been feeling ok lately? Is he just enjoying your great home cooking or is he having some health problems? Don't mean to be nosey or intrude; just wanted to make sure all is well with the 2 of you?! Let me know how things are going will you? You know I worry about you all!"

That's how I would approach it Mrs Red...and by the way Morning all!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2006, 09:39:55 AM »

Tell her how important she is to you, and that you are concerned because her husbands weight gain looks unnatural, and has he seen a Dr.

I guess it's harder because I can't do it in person.... she lives across the country... so it's hard over the phone or via email..... and I would never want to hurt her...

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2006, 09:42:49 AM »

I guess it's harder because I can't do it in person.... she lives across the country... so it's hard over the phone or via email..... and I would never want to hurt her...

Mrs Red...you are very diplomatic and caring...I think she will feel your love and concern coming through!!

Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2006, 09:43:38 AM »

Things like that are never easy. You don't want to hurt feelings, yet if something is indeed wrong with him you could be doing him a favor by pointing it out to her.

Maybe when you talk to her you could just ask in general how everyone is doing, feeling good and see if she says anything.  I most certainly would not do it thru e mail though.  You can read better into the situation by the inflection in her voice....

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2006, 09:44:08 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pdf/July/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/

Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl/

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2006, 09:44:34 AM »

OK y'all... thanks for the advice....

I am interested in the mention of the gun.... it would explain a few things for me.... and it would be why they couldn't produce her body...

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2006, 09:46:26 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"

Thanks Leslie... seems like on One Happy Island they get nasty at the drop of a hat.... yelling at electric company ee's??? Shocked

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2006, 09:52:20 AM »

... a certain group of consumers have a hard time paying the high electricity bills, which have almost quadrupled in the past two to three years. Rafiné says that Elmar has more than once explained the factors that caused this, like the drastic increase of the oil price on the world market that jacked up the electricity price in Aruba...
---

That's gotta hurt!

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2006, 09:52:27 AM »

Use of a gun, too, would likely make the Sloot clan look hypocritical and dishonest. The Sloot bunch moves in circles where gun ownership and/or use is highly frowned upon, if not outright rejected. It would make them them "look bad" to their peers if it were known that "enlightened" Joran would stoop to owning a handgun... how BARBARIC, dahling. Makes him look kind of like one of those American Cowboy types that they all hate so much, ya know.

I have never discounted this factor in the case. VDS is worried about their social standing and that is part of the whole fabric of events here.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2006, 10:02:07 AM »

Quote from: "Houdini"
Sunfreak2 wrote:
If her hymen was torn, multiple DNA samples inside her, and she was bruised or beaten, it would not appear to be consensual. Who in their right mind would think a virgin would decide to have rough group sex and one of them almost 3X her age?

I wouldn't.  But then how could you prove it wasn't as they said?

I'm coming in very late on this discussion. But Houdini -

1. They've already been proven as liars.
2. She died, no help was sought, and her body was disappeared.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2006, 10:04:42 AM »

Morning to All!

Just catching up!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2006, 10:05:14 AM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Morning to All!

Just catching up!

Hi Mermaid!!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2006, 10:07:02 AM »

Hey Guys...haven't been around for awhile. Did you see the article on Aruba Dirty Police about the 16 year old girl that was gang raped at school??!!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2006, 10:10:16 AM »

Quote from: "ldstlou"
Hey Guys...haven't been around for awhile. Did you see the article on Aruba Dirty Police about the 16 year old girl that was gang raped at school??!!

Yes, it was here.... last week, we discussed it...

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #237 on: August 01, 2006, 10:11:36 AM »

see I have been gone too long!! lol

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2006, 10:13:40 AM »

see I have been gone too long!! lol

Did Deetch's article point out that the boys stood around, participated and took pictures?  The family was unwilling to prosecute because it would ruin the girl's reputation?

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: August 01, 2006, 10:14:45 AM »

Mrs. Red I loved ldstlou's response to your dilemma...

I would just preface it with ........This is not a criticism or a judgement but I am worried about your hubby, it's not jsut a few pounds like we have all put on he looks like he may have the symptoms of another aquaintence who has Thyroid disease.

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.