April 27, 2024, 01:03:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #504 7/31 - 8/3/2006  (Read 160584 times)
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: August 01, 2006, 12:03:37 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I need to ask the monkeys a question that's off topic... really, how to handle a situation..

if a friend's, a very dear, very loved friend's husband has gained so much weight and you see a picture, but you notice that he looks unhealthy... I mean like maybe a thyroid disease etc....

how do you ask your friend if she has made her husband see a doctor??

"Ok fat-ass, we need to talk so LISTEN UP......"

you will definatley have his attention.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #281 on: August 01, 2006, 12:03:41 PM »

Quote from: Whodunit?

Maybe they have somehow been "enticed" to let it go??????

If that were me or my daughter.... sorry, but there isn't enough money in the world to take care of what my daughter would be feeling after being gang-raped and filmed.  I would be calling JQK or anyone who would listen and raising mortal T hell.....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #282 on: August 01, 2006, 12:04:55 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Could someone tell me how the story of the gun and Natalee being shot surfaced?  Is it just from the van conversations?   Is there any additional rumors or postings mentioning a gun before this?  TIA

In the transcripts from the police car.... what they are talking about...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: August 01, 2006, 12:05:01 PM »

Re. the 16-yr-old rape victim in Aruba, who’s family is not pressing charges … this sounds sooo much like where we were as late as the 1950s. A rape conviction rarely resulted, and the victim was victimized again. It isn’t exactly easy now, either.

(Please don’t bombard with “Cry Rape” stories; we all know that happens too.)

Aruba is clearly a patriarchal culture, and totally unaffected by contemporary women’s rights movements. I think that the social and political culture contributed enormously to what happened to Natalee.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2006, 12:07:19 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
I need to ask the monkeys a question that's off topic... really, how to handle a situation..

if a friend's, a very dear, very loved friend's husband has gained so much weight and you see a picture, but you notice that he looks unhealthy... I mean like maybe a thyroid disease etc....

LOL.....sorry, but that would be what I would say...then the friend may never contact me again. Me thinks that others in here have better answers, LOL! Egads....Mrs. Red, do not listen to blah and me.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2006, 12:08:21 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
Re. the 16-yr-old rape victim in Aruba, who’s family is not pressing charges … this sounds sooo much like where we were as late as the 1950s. A rape conviction rarely resulted, and the victim was victimized again. It isn’t exactly easy now, either.

(Please don’t bombard with “Cry Rape” stories; we all know that happens too.)  Right? because we all know that a 16 yr.old virgin wants to lose her virginity that way.... and in a gang taking pictures...

Aruba is clearly a patriarchal culture, and totally unaffected by contemporary women’s rights movements. I think that the social and political culture contributed enormously to what happened to Natalee.

I agree Ms. Marple... it did contribute to what happened.....

and I wish one of the talking heads on t.v. would ask tacky joe why it's good enough for all of his clients to demand justice, close down bars, etc.  but Natalee somehow doesn't deserve it ??

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2006, 12:08:24 PM »

Good morning everyone!  Anything new?

I posted a comment on the Front Page article concerning Joran's comment about U.S. kids going to Aruba and getting drunk...  A lot of people may not like what I had to say...  but oh well...  it's just my opinion...

I got an email from Mishy about the new Prayer Chain ~ I'm going to pop over to the lounge and pick a time ~ thanks for the email!

I'm busy working on Prince CD labels ~ but, I'll be popping back and forth between Photoshop and the board.

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2006, 12:08:55 PM »

Nut and Blah....

I want to keep my friend.... Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2006, 12:09:28 PM »

oopsie ~ Klaas ~ can you fix that post, please!!!!!!   This is why I wish we had an edit button ~ I don't think to preview my post before I hit submit!   Embarassed

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #289 on: August 01, 2006, 12:10:19 PM »

Thanks San and Mrs. Red and others that answered.  I will go try to catch up now.  BTW Mrs. Red, with your charm your friend will surely understand you are only concerned for his well-being.  Besides, as a teacher once told me, nothing ventured, nothing gained.  If you say nothing and he does have a serious health issue, then how will you feel then?
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: August 01, 2006, 12:10:34 PM »

Quote from: "blah"

]
BLah, I know you are kidding but this really made me laugh.

I love men.

KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #291 on: August 01, 2006, 12:13:03 PM »

<snip>   ...Aruba is clearly a patriarchal culture, and totally unaffected by contemporary women’s rights movements. I think that the social and political culture contributed enormously to what happened to Natalee.

I agree Ms. Marple... it did contribute to what happened.....

and I wish one of the talking heads on t.v. would ask tacky joe why it's good enough for all of his clients to demand justice, close down bars, etc.  but Natalee somehow doesn't deserve it ??

I agree with both of these comments ~ and also ~ I would ask my friend, as kindly as I could, if her husband had seen a doctor... and mention that something besides just eating might be contributing to his weight gain....

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #292 on: August 01, 2006, 12:13:25 PM »

Those of you of a Certain Age ...

Today is the 40th year since the University of Texas (Austin) Tower Sniper. Charles Whitman, a student, killed his mother and wife, then went to the observation deck on top of the tower and killed 16 (?) and wounded dozens of others.

I may be slightly off about this, but I'm pretty sure this was the very first episode like this - someone "going postal".

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #293 on: August 01, 2006, 12:15:32 PM »

Okay, I remember that discussion about the gun from last night.  What I want to know is the conversation between the 3 the only reason we suspect a gun could be involved?  I mistakenly got the impression that we had other rumors or conversations that backed it up.  Sorry, I misunderstood.  I do agree that having shot Natalee would be reason for a cover up which would involve all three suspects.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: August 01, 2006, 12:21:22 PM »

Re. the gun - to my knowledge, the taped conversation in the polis van is the only time a gun has been mentioned.

Indeed, a gunshot wound - say, in the back (running away?) - would be an excellent reason for the perps to report nothing and conceal the body.

But it's supposed to have been Satish's gun? Why on earth would he (of all people) need a gun?

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2006, 12:25:47 PM »

mrs. red, concerning your friend, the best thing would be to just ask her a general question like "How is your husband doing? How is he health-wise?" and see where SHE takes it from there. She will share whatever she is comfortable with, without going where she doesn't want to go. If she expresses concerns, you can go farther, but if she doesn't... I would save it for a later time. But at least "break the ice" with a VERY general question like that.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2006, 12:26:31 PM »

Those of you of a Certain Age ...

Today is the 40th year since the University of Texas (Austin) Tower Sniper. Charles Whitman, a student, killed his mother and wife, then went to the observation deck on top of the tower and killed 16 (?) and wounded dozens of others.

I may be slightly off about this, but I'm pretty sure this was the very first episode like this - someone "going postal".

Afew facts from that event:
17 people killed (15 + 1 unborn child = 1 subsequent suicide).
5 killed BEFORE he started shooting from tower (including stabbing his mother and wife, and killing 3 in the lobby of tower.)
46 killed or wounded total.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2006, 12:31:40 PM »

Interesting story about teen fight clubs. It's in USA Today today. Link to it via http://drudgereport.com/

Interesting because it reveals some of the economics of teen film projects. The kids made DVDs and sold them. They also had  web site. The attorney says they didn't make much money because most of the copies out there are bootlegged. They're pursuing the film-producer kid for tax evasion, if nothing else.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2006, 12:42:21 PM »

Hello everyone!!  What we talking about today?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »

Quote from: "Port Valerie"
Interesting story about teen fight clubs. It's in USA Today today. Link to it via http://drudgereport.com/

Interesting because it reveals some of the economics of teen film projects. The kids made DVDs and sold them. They also had  web site. The attorney says they didn't make much money because most of the copies out there are bootlegged. They're pursuing the film-producer kid for tax evasion, if nothing else.

You know, I think as a whole we are really failing kids....

I mean (O.K. I used to be in marketing.... ) I notice even in commercials now commentary aimed at
(a)  kids refusing to leave home... i.e - the Taco Bell commericals....
(b) sending messages to kids that they need to be "sexy" at young ages... i.e. the kids being dressed up in older clothes and dancing , the one that comes to mind is an old POP Tarts commerical... I mean from the 90's.....
(c) that kids are in control of the family... the Toyota Sienna van commericals....

and a friend recently told me about checking out my space with her 13 year old daughter.... and how shocked she was the parents of these girls didn't see anything wrong with the content... (which was btw, very graphic and sexual in nature... what they did and didn't do with boys...)  when my friend spoke to some of the parents... it was well they are just kids being kids...

and the media holding Paris Hilton up as a role model......

I mean, I like a lot of things that don't help....but, I don't allow my neices and nephews to see it...

I don't know if I am making sense, but I just think we push kids to be adult faster than ever... and then wonder why they do the things they do....

I am talking in a general sense here...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.