April 27, 2024, 04:53:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #504 7/31 - 8/3/2006  (Read 160608 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2006, 12:47:40 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
I need to ask the monkeys a question that's off topic... really, how to handle a situation..

if a friend's, a very dear, very loved friend's husband has gained so much weight and you see a picture, but you notice that he looks unhealthy... I mean like maybe a thyroid disease etc....

how do you ask your friend if she has made her husband see a doctor??

"Ok fat-ass, we need to talk so LISTEN UP......"

you will definatley have his attention.

]
BLah, I know you are kidding but this really made me laugh.

I love men.

me too... they just put it right out there! Laughing

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: August 01, 2006, 12:48:16 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Hello everyone!!  What we talking about today?

Laughing Good morning, Strike!

Email headed your way ~ and I saw your thread in the lounge...

I went there because some of the Monkeys want to have another day of prayer...

We Remember Natalee Bumper Stickers ~ Prayers for Natalee and her family
http://graphicemotion.com/TES_Bumper_Stickers.pdf
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2006, 12:48:18 PM »

The gun comments caught my attention in the Police Van conversation for a couple of reasons.
    One, this is the first and only time I recall hearing a weapon ever mentioned.
    Joran brought up the topic of the gun out of the blue, with no suggestions or reminders about weapons.
    Satish then surprised me by admitting he owned a gun, but no one found it.
    This is the last topic of conversation that we know about in this Police Van conversation.  Why?  What stopped the conversation?  It ends abruptly.  Was this the end of the conversation or just all that we have been allowed to see?
[/list]

BRING NATALEE HOME
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: August 01, 2006, 12:48:55 PM »

And, Thank you, Klaas for fixing that post for me!  {{{hugs}}}

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #304 on: August 01, 2006, 12:48:59 PM »

Well, I screwed up the listing of the reasons, but I think you can all get the gist of my ideas.

BRING NATALEE HOME
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2006, 12:51:37 PM »

Quote from: "Jacqueline"
Quote from: "blah"
I need to ask the monkeys a question that's off topic... really, how to handle a situation..

if a friend's, a very dear, very loved friend's husband has gained so much weight and you see a picture, but you notice that he looks unhealthy... I mean like maybe a thyroid disease etc....

how do you ask your friend if she has made her husband see a doctor??

"Ok fat-ass, we need to talk so LISTEN UP......"

you will definatley have his attention.

]
BLah, I know you are kidding but this really made me laugh.

I love men.

me too... they just put it right out there! Laughing

Me three ~ for LOTS of reasons!   Very Happy

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #306 on: August 01, 2006, 01:00:23 PM »

I have to say that I am not onvinced there is a 'gun' involved. However, I do think Satish knows more than he has ever spoken about and I think he MAY be the weak link. Not sure......still analyzing tons of stuff...damn.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: August 01, 2006, 01:02:25 PM »

Quote from: "Port Valerie"
Interesting story about teen fight clubs. It's in USA Today today. Link to it via http://drudgereport.com/

Interesting because it reveals some of the economics of teen film projects. The kids made DVDs and sold them. They also had  web site. The attorney says they didn't make much money because most of the copies out there are bootlegged. They're pursuing the film-producer kid for tax evasion, if nothing else.

You know, I think as a whole we are really failing kids....

I mean (O.K. I used to be in marketing.... ) I notice even in commercials now commentary aimed at
(a)  kids refusing to leave home... i.e - the Taco Bell commericals....
(b) sending messages to kids that they need to be "sexy" at young ages... i.e. the kids being dressed up in older clothes and dancing , the one that comes to mind is an old POP Tarts commerical... I mean from the 90's.....
(c) that kids are in control of the family... the Toyota Sienna van commericals....

and a friend recently told me about checking out my space with her 13 year old daughter.... and how shocked she was the parents of these girls didn't see anything wrong with the content... (which was btw, very graphic and sexual in nature... what they did and didn't do with boys...)  when my friend spoke to some of the parents... it was well they are just kids being kids...

and the media holding Paris Hilton up as a role model......

I mean, I like a lot of things that don't help....but, I don't allow my neices and nephews to see it...

I don't know if I am making sense, but I just think we push kids to be adult faster than ever... and then wonder why they do the things they do....

I am talking in a general sense here...

Another thing I hate ... (I used to be in marketing, too) ... is the way commercials show people lying to each other, as though it's routine, as though life is just a game. Husbands lie to wives, kids lie to parents ... and that's just the way you play it. I'm appalled. Nobody lied in my house when we were growing up. I can't fathom why parents accept lying. Who's in control of the household, for Pete's sake.

There's an AdCritic web site where the industry comments on itself, but it's priced so that nobody outside of the industry can afford to join. $1500 a year or something like that. Another problem: you can always complain to the advertiser but you can't easily track down the agency that did the work. Anyway, agencies don't care what the audience thinks -- they just want to shock and "break through the clutter."
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2006, 01:08:07 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Well, I screwed up the listing of the reasons, but I think you can all get the gist of my ideas.

I understood you perfectly...does that mean I have been a monkey too long?  Shocked    I will be back later tonight, monkeys, keep the faith.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »

Is anyone else getting REALLY tired of Mel Gibson?

Well, I'm off to the airport to pick up my niece, who is arriving this afternoon for a four-day visit. She's the same age as Natalee and now I get to her all about her first year in college. I count this as a blessing. You know what I mean.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2006, 01:19:17 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
mrs. red, concerning your friend, the best thing would be to just ask her a general question like "How is your husband doing? How is he health-wise?" and see where SHE takes it from there. She will share whatever she is comfortable with, without going where she doesn't want to go. If she expresses concerns, you can go farther, but if she doesn't... I would save it for a later time. But at least "break the ice" with a VERY general question like that.

good idea...

Bring Natalee home...
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »

Interesting story about teen fight clubs. It's in USA Today today. Link to it via http://drudgereport.com/

Interesting because it reveals some of the economics of teen film projects. The kids made DVDs and sold them. They also had  web site. The attorney says they didn't make much money because most of the copies out there are bootlegged. They're pursuing the film-producer kid for tax evasion, if nothing else.

You know, I think as a whole we are really failing kids....

I mean (O.K. I used to be in marketing.... ) I notice even in commercials now commentary aimed at
(a)  kids refusing to leave home... i.e - the Taco Bell commericals....
(b) sending messages to kids that they need to be "sexy" at young ages... i.e. the kids being dressed up in older clothes and dancing , the one that comes to mind is an old POP Tarts commerical... I mean from the 90's.....
(c) that kids are in control of the family... the Toyota Sienna van commericals....

and a friend recently told me about checking out my space with her 13 year old daughter.... and how shocked she was the parents of these girls didn't see anything wrong with the content... (which was btw, very graphic and sexual in nature... what they did and didn't do with boys...)  when my friend spoke to some of the parents... it was well they are just kids being kids...

and the media holding Paris Hilton up as a role model......

I mean, I like a lot of things that don't help....but, I don't allow my neices and nephews to see it...

I don't know if I am making sense, but I just think we push kids to be adult faster than ever... and then wonder why they do the things they do....

I am talking in a general sense here...

Another thing I hate ... (I used to be in marketing, too) ... is the way commercials show people lying to each other, as though it's routine, as though life is just a game. Husbands lie to wives, kids lie to parents ... and that's just the way you play it. I'm appalled. Nobody lied in my house when we were growing up. I can't fathom why parents accept lying. Who's in control of the household, for Pete's sake.

There's an AdCritic web site where the industry comments on itself, but it's priced so that nobody outside of the industry can afford to join. $1500 a year or something like that. Another problem: you can always complain to the advertiser but you can't easily track down the agency that did the work. Anyway, agencies don't care what the audience thinks -- they just want to shock and "break through the clutter."

It's not only commercials.  It's print media especially fashion magazines and clothes catalogs where everyone has to be beautiful & thin, yet curvaceous & muscular.  Everyone has picture perfect hair, skin, teeth & nails. And then the messages the kids get from Hollywood.  We grew up in (most of us are boomers) a time where Ricky & Lucy had twin beds.  Now, they show unmarried couples and new hook ups tumbling into bed together. And the violence is another thing in the music and gaming industry.  We had Saturday morning cartoons where someone got bopped over the head with a hammer or had an anvil drop on them, and they's go flat and then "pop" back to normal.  I think as kids we knew that was make believe.  But with cartoons now, that line is very blurred.

And we wonder where kids get their ideas about sex, violence and body image.  Do parents even discipline their kids anymore?  Do they teach them the value of a dollar?  To have morals & ethics? To work hard to achieve their goals?

I sure wouldn't want to be a kid in this day and age, or be raising kids now.  It's very scary.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2006, 01:23:31 PM »

Quote from: "KatzHome"

KatzHome, thanks for signing up. I think we should have it Wednesday, August 9...

Everybody, please go to the lounge and sign up or email me...my email is in the lounge...

Katz, did you get my email?

Bring Natalee home...
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: August 01, 2006, 01:24:28 PM »

You'll appreciate this, then.  I was furious when I read our college marketing department's new ad campaign.  It says:

* First-rate classes plus student organizations and clubs
* National championship sport teams
* No entry requirements! No essays, SAT/ACT scores - no problem! GCC will place you in classes at your skill level to provide a foundation for successful learning.

Aside from being blatantly untrue--we do require placement essays written during the first English class--it is so misleading, placing emphasis on how to get through college with the least amount of effort, IMHO.  Maybe I'm just hypersensitive since I teach writing, but I really didn't like the "No essays" comment--too anti-writing, in my opinion.  Well, this is where marketing is taking us.

BRING NATALEE HOME
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #314 on: August 01, 2006, 01:25:04 PM »

Well, I'm off to the airport to pick up my niece, who is arriving this afternoon for a four-day visit. She's the same age as Natalee and now I get to her all about her first year in college. I count this as a blessing. You know what I mean.

I tend to agree with you -- but, I may re-think my opinion after reading his "letter" on Drudge Report today. He did not simply try to apologize or blame it on "drinking." He said he asked for guidance to help him resolve his issues with the Jews. This was not the typical Hollywood Mia Culpa I was expecting.

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: August 01, 2006, 01:27:49 PM »

Quote from: "wreck"

I tend to agree with you -- but, I may re-think my opinion after reading his "letter" on Drudge Report today. He did not simply try to apologize or blame it on "drinking." He said he asked for guidance to help him resolve his issues with the Jews. This was not the typical Hollywood Mia Culpa I was expecting.

Mel is his father's son ... seriously, I'm sure his father's views influenced his thinking.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
KatzHome
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: August 01, 2006, 01:31:51 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "KatzHome"

KatzHome, thanks for signing up. I think we should have it Wednesday, August 9...

Everybody, please go to the lounge and sign up or email me...my email is in the lounge...

Katz, did you get my email?

Yeah ~ I posted earlier that I did, Mishy...

I also posted on that thread....  I've gotten a bit busier lately ~ and I'm having out of state company that weekend ~ but I also posted that I'd help out if needed...

Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #317 on: August 01, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »

Quote from: mrs. red
Quote from: "Whodunit?"

Maybe they have somehow been "enticed" to let it go??????

If that were me or my daughter.... sorry, but there isn't enough money in the world to take care of what my daughter would be feeling after being gang-raped and filmed.  I would be calling JQK or anyone who would listen and raising mortal T hell.....

And what exactly do they think it teaches their daughter if they agree not to press charges?????  They are missing out on a very valuable lesson she can learn, not to mention compromising her self respect.........UGH I could go on and on and on here.........

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #318 on: August 01, 2006, 01:37:15 PM »

Quote from: Whodunit?
Quote from: "Whodunit?"

Maybe they have somehow been "enticed" to let it go??????

If that were me or my daughter.... sorry, but there isn't enough money in the world to take care of what my daughter would be feeling after being gang-raped and filmed.  I would be calling JQK or anyone who would listen and raising mortal T hell.....

And what exactly do they think it teaches their daughter if they agree not to press charges?????  They are missing out on a very valuable lesson she can learn, not to mention compromising her self respect.........UGH I could go on and on and on here.........

It teachss her that she is not as "valuable" as a man or the man's needs.  

And don't get ME started.  I missed my Zoloft a couple days and I could go ballistic on this subject anyway.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #319 on: August 01, 2006, 01:40:11 PM »

You are so right, whodunit.  It teaches the girl that her family does not value her or her person.  It teaches her that she is nothing more in their eyes than an object to be abused for male entertainment.  If her family has one iota of human decency, they will press charges and stand up for their daughter.  I am so appalled that parents would even consider dropping this and not pressing charges.  

We have here a comparison of parenting styles--Aruban style and American style.  The parents of the girl raped and photographed are considering just dropping the whole thing and sending the girl away, shamed and beaten, as if she caused the whole incident.  On the other hand, the parents of Natalee Holloway have done everything they can to defend and seek justice for their daughter who was subjected to similar, and worse, behavior.  Aruba, get a clue!!  Look what you are doing to your young women and children when you shame them and humiliate them and send them away just because they were the victims of these animals!

BRING NATALEE HOME
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.