April 27, 2024, 04:04:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #504 7/31 - 8/3/2006  (Read 160604 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: August 01, 2006, 05:47:49 PM »

Did everyone just realize they needed a vaca?   Confused

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #381 on: August 01, 2006, 05:49:40 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
I'm going to tell you monkeys all about my day so you'll feel better about yours.

1)Showed up at the building where our trainer was supposed to have set up the staff training I was doing - to find nothing set up.
2)Rushed back to my office (8 miles) and got training stuff. Couldn't go over the speed limit cause I didn't put my purse back in the car and was driving without a license.
3)Got back to training site, the overhead projector that was supposed to be there wasn't.
4)Found an overhead projector, it only worked five minutes.
5)Didn't have enough chairs in the room, had to find more chairs.
6)Found another overhead projector, then the blacklight I needed at one point in the training broke.
7)Found a vacuum cleaner to sweep up the broken bulb, but all the vacuum did was crush the glass into the carpet.
8)Had to find a broom and dustpan and try to get the glass bits out of the carpet.
9)Tried to leave, but was caught by a staff member who needed me to approve some stuff.
10)Had not had even a drop of water all morning, finally tried to eat lunch at my desk at 1:30.
11)Director and Asst Director are both out of town, so I'm in charge. The whole time I tried to eat people were bringing me things to approve.
12)Left to go to local giant mall to get a black light to replace the one I broke. (Doing same training again tomorrow.) Had blisters on my feet, no parking places near mall entrance.
13)Got black light and came back outside. It was 105 degrees.
14)Finally got home and my mom told me my aunt died today.

Now, don't you all feel better about your own day? Confused

BT, I'm sorry.  {hugs}

BRING NATALEE HOME
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: August 01, 2006, 05:52:06 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
I'm going to tell you monkeys all about my day so you'll feel better about yours.

1)Showed up at the building where our trainer was supposed to have set up the staff training I was doing - to find nothing set up.
2)Rushed back to my office (8 miles) and got training stuff. Couldn't go over the speed limit cause I didn't put my purse back in the car and was driving without a license.
3)Got back to training site, the overhead projector that was supposed to be there wasn't.
6)Found another overhead projector, then the blacklight I needed at one point in the training broke.
7)Found a vacuum cleaner to sweep up the broken bulb, but all the vacuum did was crush the glass into the carpet.
8)Had to find a broom and dustpan and try to get the glass bits out of the carpet.
9)Tried to leave, but was caught by a staff member who needed me to approve some stuff.
10)Had not had even a drop of water all morning, finally tried to eat lunch at my desk at 1:30.
11)Director and Asst Director are both out of town, so I'm in charge. The whole time I tried to eat people were bringing me things to approve.
12)Left to go to local giant mall to get a black light to replace the one I broke. (Doing same training again tomorrow.) Had blisters on my feet, no parking places near mall entrance.

BT, I'm sorry.  {hugs}

BT, you really need a vacay.  Take the rest of the week off!   Shocked

I believe in miracles!
hubbylove
Scared Monkey

« Reply #383 on: August 01, 2006, 05:53:53 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"

BT, I'm sorry.  {hugs}

BT
I am so sorry your day was so horrible.  Why is that sometimes it really seems like when it rains it pours.  I had a time earlier this year when I was afraid to answer my phone since all I was getting was bad news.  Things since have gotten better and I hope tomorrow goes better for you!
You can just ignore my sig line today... or maybe it will help.  My dad asked me that question every morning and my answer could only be "wonderful" or he would keep asking.  I think its why I am a pretty positive person!!

Check out my SUPER cute puppies!  Go here: http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?p=71518#71518

What kind of day is today going to be?  Today is going to be a wonderful day...   Thanks for that lesson Dad!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: August 01, 2006, 05:59:08 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "ldstlou"
Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "ldstlou"
Hey Guys...haven't been around for awhile. Did you see the article on Aruba Dirty Police about the 16 year old girl that was gang raped at school??!!

Yes, it was here.... last week, we discussed it...

see I have been gone too long!! lol

Did Deetch's article point out that the boys stood around, participated and took pictures?  The family was unwilling to prosecute because it would ruin the girl's reputation?

It would seem that horse has already left the barn.  Having her photo all over the island wasn't enough?  

I cannot understand how a parent could "let this go".  The only way to regain her reputation is to prosecute the offenders.  Or wait until they victimize somebody else and hope the next victim has more balls.  Of course, this poor girl is probably not the first victim.  Nor will she be the last.

That was my first thought, but after thinking for a while, I realize that a rape victim is raped at least twice.  Once during the actual crime and then over and over again in court.

I believe in miracles!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #385 on: August 01, 2006, 06:00:33 PM »

Thanks again for all the sympathy guys. It is making me start to feel better.  Smile

Bearly, I would  LOVE to have a vacation. Can't take one now, but it's certainly something to look forward to. Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #386 on: August 01, 2006, 06:02:37 PM »

Since she was gang raped, think of how many times she will be raped again in court as each one goes through their testimony.  I think that's why many rapes go unreported.

I believe in miracles!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: August 01, 2006, 06:07:30 PM »

Thanks for your sympathy about my aunt, y'all. She was elderly (86) and had been ill, but her children and grandchildren are very sad.

BT~Sorry to hear about your aunt, AND your entire day ~ Hugs to you  Smile
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: August 01, 2006, 06:07:36 PM »

Thanks again for all the sympathy guys. It is making me start to feel better.  Smile

Bearly, I would  LOVE to have a vacation. Can't take one now, but it's certainly something to look forward to. Very Happy

Hi BT, good to see you in one piece.

I remember that you were praying for Leah, the one year old who had leukemia.  The family wants to thank everyone for your prayers.  I printed out all the prayers and good thoughts from all the caring monkeys and told them there was also plenty of monkeys who were praying who didn't say so out loud.

Leah is suffering no more, she passed into God's loving arms last Saturday.  She has had a really rough life and will be missed but her long suffering is over.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: August 01, 2006, 06:08:53 PM »

Maybe you can go on vacation in your mind.  Cool

I believe in miracles!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: August 01, 2006, 06:16:58 PM »

Quote from: "Bearlyhere"
Since she was gang raped, think of how many times she will be raped again in court as each one goes through their testimony.  I think that's why many rapes go unreported.

It is, Bearly. Starting with those close to the victim, the police and judicial system.

BT~ So sorry about your aunt.  Crying or Very sad

Hiya, everyone!

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #391 on: August 01, 2006, 06:18:10 PM »

I ain't BT, but my mind went on vacation long ago without the rest of me.  Shocked

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: August 01, 2006, 06:26:23 PM »

Thanks Bearly and Justins.

Bearly - so sorry about Leah.  Sad
At least she is happy now.

I Stand With The Girl
da_wench
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #393 on: August 01, 2006, 07:30:52 PM »

Help, please.

I forwarded an FOIA form to the FBI requesting information about Natalee's alleged disappearance in Costa Rica.  Some buttwipe at UR or RU, whatever the hell it is, claimed she new it was fact based on info she received from the FBI using the FOIA form.  Well I got a letter from the FBI that I want to post at UR to prove that I did request the info and was denied based on the fact that there is no proof that Natalee is deceased.  I have scanned the letter to a pdf but do not know how to post here or any other blog.  Can someone help me do that, please.  At the very least I want to show that blankety blanks that I'm not full of it and am not lying (like most of them).

I know where Avery is, but WHERE'S CAYLEE?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: August 01, 2006, 07:33:53 PM »

Quote from: "da_wench"
Help, please.

I forwarded an FOIA form to the FBI requesting information about Natalee's alleged disappearance in Costa Rica.  Some buttwipe at UR or RU, whatever the hell it is, claimed she new it was fact based on info she received from the FBI using the FOIA form.  Well I got a letter from the FBI that I want to post at UR to prove that I did request the info and was denied based on the fact that there is no proof that Natalee is deceased.  I have scanned the letter to a pdf but do not know how to post here or any other blog.  Can someone help me do that, please.  At the very least I want to show that blankety blanks that I'm not full of it and am not lying (like most of them).

Yep, email it to me and I can fix it for you.  I wonder if it could be uploaded to a site as a pdf?  hmmm.  If you have it saved as a .jpg you can upload to photobucket too.  Email to me and I'll figure it out.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #395 on: August 01, 2006, 07:42:37 PM »

New Front Page Post

Aruba, One Happy Safe Island … If You overlook the Armed Crack Addicts

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/08/01/aruba-one-happy-safe-island-if-you-overlook-the-armed-crack-addicts/

There is a tourism slogan in there somewhere I am sure Aruba can use.

Come to Aruba ... we have armed Crack Addicts.

Come to aruba ... where we demolish the crack houses so they can spend more time on the beach

Aruba ... Snap, Crackle, Pop.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: August 01, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »

Good Day Monkeys Very Happy

Just stopping by for a bit.. to see what was going on today...besides being  H O T

It looks like I will have to dig thru a bunch of boxes this week for Pic's and then find a scanner and send a pic to SAN with the appropiate disclaimer that needs to be published with the pic.
 Wink
Yes I stopped by the Monkey Lounge on the way in.. Shocked  Laughing  Laughing

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: August 01, 2006, 07:46:38 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
New Front Page Post

Aruba, One Happy Safe Island … If You overlook the Armed Crack Addicts

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/08/01/aruba-one-happy-safe-island-if-you-overlook-the-armed-crack-addicts/

There is a tourism slogan in there somewhere I am sure Aruba can use.

Come to Aruba ... we have armed Crack Addicts.

Come to aruba ... where we demolish the crack houses so they can spend more time on the beach

Aruba ... Snap, Crackle, Pop.

Man, it just seems like things are going from bad to worse in Aruba!
da_wench
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #398 on: August 01, 2006, 07:47:42 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Help, please.

Yep, email it to me and I can fix it for you.  I wonder if it could be uploaded to a site as a pdf?  hmmm.  If you have it saved as a .jpg you can upload to photobucket too.  Email to me and I'll figure it out.

Sorry, Klaas, I don't have your email anymore.

I know where Avery is, but WHERE'S CAYLEE?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: August 01, 2006, 07:48:25 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Help, please.

Sorry, Klaas, I don't have your email anymore.

I just emailed you from the one you posted at RU  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.