April 27, 2024, 04:20:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #504 7/31 - 8/3/2006  (Read 160606 times)
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #460 on: August 02, 2006, 12:02:16 AM »

Carnut:
Wish it was in by default, about the only worthwhile thing IE ever had was showing 'alt=' info on mouseover.

Carnut, it may have it by default -- I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Maxthon works off IE's rendering engine so many things are handled the same. In fact, you still have IE's "options" and most of your IE settings are automatically incorporated (even your IE Favorites transfer with you with nothing to do on your part!)  Very Happy

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: August 02, 2006, 12:04:40 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
We have some crazy rules everywhere:

Parole board expressed concern about pedophile Whitmore before 2005 release
at 19:06 on August 1, 2006, EST.
JUDY MONCHUK
(CP) - Peter Whitmore, the convicted pedophile at the centre of an abduction drama on the Prairies this week, believed his past victims were "willing participants" and refused to deal with his attraction to young boys before leaving prison, National Parole Board documents say.

The board feared Whitmore would prey on more children and repeatedly refused to allow him early release, noting he had done little to change his behaviour despite taking part in treatment sessions.

"While participating in the High Intensity Sex Offender Treatment Program, you refused to participate in arousal conditioning because you did not want to stop the fantasies toward male children," says a March 2004 report released to The Canadian Press after an application was filed.

That document indicated the former Ontario man's attraction to boys between eight and 12 was unchecked, and noted clinicians agreed he had a "100 per cent probability of recidivism."

Well, they were right.  I hope they are not looking for a gold star.   Evil or Very Mad

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #462 on: August 02, 2006, 12:06:59 AM »

JUDY MONCHUK
(CP) - Peter Whitmore, the convicted pedophile at the centre of an abduction drama on the Prairies this week, believed his past victims were "willing participants" and refused to deal with his attraction to young boys before leaving prison, National Parole Board documents say.

The board feared Whitmore would prey on more children and repeatedly refused to allow him early release, noting he had done little to change his behaviour despite taking part in treatment sessions.

"While participating in the High Intensity Sex Offender Treatment Program, you refused to participate in arousal conditioning because you did not want to stop the fantasies toward male children," says a March 2004 report released to The Canadian Press after an application was filed.

That document indicated the former Ontario man's attraction to boys between eight and 12 was unchecked, and noted clinicians agreed he had a "100 per cent probability of recidivism."

One of these days folks may realize that 'pedophilia' is just a persons sexuality and not some disease.

Just like trying to make homosexuals into hetero's ain't gonna happen, turning pedophiles into hetero's ain't gonna happen either.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #463 on: August 02, 2006, 12:10:46 AM »

Quote from: "Bearlyhere"

JUDY MONCHUK

Well, they were right.  I hope they are not looking for a gold star.   Evil or Very Mad

You're not kidding.  ! ! The sentence was up, then he had conditions. The conditions lasted a year and then the guy went right across the country and 3/4 way back again. The kid he has with him has beeen missing since July 22.
They have the news media far away from the farm where he is holed up with the kiddo as they don't know if he is armed. The RCMP are all wearing
Krevlar vests. They have a hostage negotiating team there.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #464 on: August 02, 2006, 12:25:56 AM »

JUDY MONCHUK

You're not kidding.  ! ! The sentence was up, then he had conditions. The conditions lasted a year and then the guy went right across the country and 3/4 way back again. The kid he has with him has beeen missing since July 22.
They have the news media far away from the farm where he is holed up with the kiddo as they don't know if he is armed. The RCMP are all wearing
Krevlar vests. They have a hostage negotiating team there.

It says in the article that they refused to allow him early release.  I think they did just that, the sentence was nowhere near long enough and the supervision was nowhere near good enough.  He should still be rotting, not roaming free.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: August 02, 2006, 12:28:11 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
One of these days folks may realize that 'pedophilia' is just a persons sexuality and not some disease.

Just like trying to make homosexuals into hetero's ain't gonna happen, turning pedophiles into hetero's ain't gonna happen either.

What do you mean when you say "just a person's sexuality?"

I believe in miracles!
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #466 on: August 02, 2006, 12:31:36 AM »

It's Mr Sandman time here for me.  G'nite all y'all.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #467 on: August 02, 2006, 12:37:50 AM »

I just read an article quoting the Justice Minister and he says there is a law that would allow these types of predators ( in Canada ) to keep them in custody indefinitely, but that prosecutors do not use this law.
Duh / first time I heard of this one. Maybe it is never used.
One of the times they picked this guy up, he had handcuffs, the plastic things, a tube of lubricant, duct tape and some other assorted goodies as part of his "rape kit '. The police were not treating the missing 14 year old as a kidnapping victim. Did they think he was a willing participant ?
jeeze, lets try that law out on this one, eh ?
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #468 on: August 02, 2006, 12:43:06 AM »

Lots of drugging and raping going on cruise lines by  the crew. Usually the last night! Have had two clients of mine that has happen too! Both never turned it  in until after they got back home!

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #469 on: August 02, 2006, 12:45:31 AM »

Just what I said, a persons sexuality is determined sometime early on in their development, most folks become heteros and apparently some folks become homosexual.

Homosexuality used to be considered a 'disease' or psychological disorder.

Then the times changed and Homosexuality came to be considered a 'persons sexuality'.

Just like 'sexuality' is determined at some point and forever after can't be changed with 'treatment' I'm saying that pedophiles 'sexuality' is determined and can't be changed.

Hetero and Homo sexuals generally can find consenting partners and therefore can stay somewhat 'legal' in their behaviors.

Pedophile by definition can't find consenting partners and are domed to illegal behaviors.

Seems someone is gonna have to find the way to put 'the fear of god' into pedophiles to keep them 'celibate' kinda like priests or society is gonna have to continue to deal with the problem.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #470 on: August 02, 2006, 12:48:40 AM »

heh, heh, or like in Holland, pedophiles are gonna have to be given their own political party.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #471 on: August 02, 2006, 12:49:21 AM »

Car~ I fear that your reasoning is spot on.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #472 on: August 02, 2006, 12:53:09 AM »

Seems someone is gonna have to find the way to put 'the fear of god' into pedophiles to keep them 'celibate' kinda like priests or society is gonna have to continue to deal with the problem.
I think DEAD might work better. Plow them under. They are biodegradable ! !
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #473 on: August 02, 2006, 01:01:31 AM »

In the Canadian legal system, the dangerous offender designation allows the courts to impose an indefinite sentence on a convicted person, regardless of whether the crime carries a life sentence or not. The purpose of the legislation is to detain offenders who are deemed too dangerous to be released into society (e.g. sexual predators) but whose sentences would not necessarily keep them incarcerated under other legislation, such as the Correctional and Conditional Release Act. Under 761(1) of the Criminal Code, the National Parole Board of Canada is required to review the case of an offender with a dangerous offender label after seven years, and parole may be granted as circumstances warrant, but the offender would remain under supervision indefinitely. According to Corrections Canada, on average 24 dangerous offenders are admitted to the Canadian prison system each year. Paul Bernardo is perhaps Canada's best known dangerous offender, yet it is unlikely he would ever have been released even without this designation, since he received life sentences for first-degree murder, with no chance of full parole for at least twenty-five years. Canadian courts also have the option of designating convicts "long term offenders".

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: August 02, 2006, 01:09:17 AM »

Just what I said, a persons sexuality is determined sometime early on in their development, most folks become heteros and apparently some folks become homosexual.

Homosexuality used to be considered a 'disease' or psychological disorder.

Then the times changed and Homosexuality came to be considered a 'persons sexuality'.

Just like 'sexuality' is determined at some point and forever after can't be changed with 'treatment' I'm saying that pedophiles 'sexuality' is determined and can't be changed.

Hetero and Homo sexuals generally can find consenting partners and therefore can stay somewhat 'legal' in their behaviors.

Pedophile by definition can't find consenting partners and are domed to illegal behaviors.

Oh, I see, Carnut, and agree.  I was thrown off by the word "just."

I believe in miracles!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #475 on: August 02, 2006, 01:10:39 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
In the Canadian legal system, the dangerous offender designation allows the courts to impose an indefinite sentence on a convicted person, regardless of whether the crime carries a life sentence or not. The purpose of the legislation is to detain offenders who are deemed too dangerous to be released into society (e.g. sexual predators) but whose sentences would not necessarily keep them incarcerated under other legislation, such as the Correctional and Conditional Release Act. Under 761(1) of the Criminal Code, the National Parole Board of Canada is required to review the case of an offender with a dangerous offender label after seven years, and parole may be granted as circumstances warrant, but the offender would remain under supervision indefinitely. According to Corrections Canada, on average 24 dangerous offenders are admitted to the Canadian prison system each year. Paul Bernardo is perhaps Canada's best known dangerous offender, yet it is unlikely he would ever have been released even without this designation, since he received life sentences for first-degree murder, with no chance of full parole for at least twenty-five years. Canadian courts also have the option of designating convicts "long term offenders".

BUT, I have to think of what it is called, my kiddo told me about it,
an appeal process and some have been released. I will remember or find out. But I still think DEAD is the best for these people. But it will never happen here. I am hoping that this starts something here. Also that Dana would do a program on this one and the laws here.
This guy had a one year peace bond. Sort of like a library thing for not returning the books ..
has as much teeth.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #476 on: August 02, 2006, 01:13:26 AM »

Quote from: "Leslie"

BUT, I have to think of what it is called, my kiddo told me about it,
an appeal process and some have been released. I will remember or find out. But I still think DEAD is the best for these people. But it will never happen here. I am hoping that this starts something here. Also that Dana would do a program on this one and the laws here.
This guy had a one year peace bond. Sort of like a library thing for not returning the books ..
has as much teeth.

Hummm, it would appear that Kat_Gram may be a bit of a death penalty supporter eh?
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #477 on: August 02, 2006, 01:20:29 AM »

Hey... anyone still here??
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #478 on: August 02, 2006, 01:24:36 AM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Hey... anyone still here??

Yep, what's a happening?
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: August 02, 2006, 01:24:59 AM »

I support the death penalty for certain criminals such as Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka.   Now Karla is living in Montreal and being supported by my taxes.   Awwwww!

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.