April 27, 2024, 06:10:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #504 7/31 - 8/3/2006  (Read 160616 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: August 02, 2006, 10:18:02 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
One can only hope that the recent decision in PVDS’ favor does not foreshadow things to come, but I fear that it does.

Unfortunately, Easy, it is not foreshadowing but status quo.  Evil or Very Mad

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #541 on: August 02, 2006, 10:21:16 AM »

Quote from: "the big hammer"
Blood Money

SO Paulus, the failed judge and failed father, is "awarded" $28,000 for obstructing justice (as said by Karin Jannsen).

How pathetic.  How depraved.  And how so very appropriate for the conflicted and amateurish Aruban judiciary.

As deviant son states that "he knows more and someday he will tell" -- as a family in anguish continues to search for answers re: their daughter and what the judge's son did with her and to her.

A disgraceful attempt at white-washing a family of deranged predators.

Justice -- Aruban - Style.

It IS depraved.  This and the entire case is a mis-carriage of justice in it's purest form.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #542 on: August 02, 2006, 10:25:23 AM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Leslie"
June 18, 2005
Aruban police question the father of Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch teen who is being held as a suspect. Paul van der Sloot, a judge-in-training on the island, is questioned for five hours, and meets with investigators for two more hours the next day.  

June 23, 2005
Paul van der Sloot is taken into custody by police. Officials would provide no details of the arrest. However, he had been denied access to his jailed son, because police said contact between the two could jeopardize the investigation. - This is exactly what they did they let him talk to his son for five hours and then went to the police station and let them know what he said.  After all they have to be on the same page with their lies.  Basically Paulus told the police OK I explained the story to Joran about 20 times and I think he got it now.

June 26, 2005
Paul van der Sloot, father of 17-year-old suspect Joran van der Sloot, and Steven Gregory Croes, the party boat disc jockey, are ordered released from jail. The judge does not explain why the men are let go.

I think he was allowed access to Joran also, as why else was it necessary to MENTION that part in the article ? Dis-claiming it is a red flag.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: August 02, 2006, 10:29:20 AM »

Quote from: "Ono"
June 18, 2005
Aruban police question the father of Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch teen who is being held as a suspect. Paul van der Sloot, a judge-in-training on the island, is questioned for five hours, and meets with investigators for two more hours the next day.  

June 23, 2005
Paul van der Sloot is taken into custody by police. Officials would provide no details of the arrest. However, he had been denied access to his jailed son, because police said contact between the two could jeopardize the investigation. - This is exactly what they did they let him talk to his son for five hours and then went to the police station and let them know what he said.  After all they have to be on the same page with their lies.  Basically Paulus told the police OK I explained the story to Joran about 20 times and I think he got it now.

June 26, 2005
Paul van der Sloot, father of 17-year-old suspect Joran van der Sloot, and Steven Gregory Croes, the party boat disc jockey, are ordered released from jail. The judge does not explain why the men are let go.

I think he was allowed access to Joran also, as why else was it necessary to MENTION that part in the article ? Dis-claiming it is a red flag.

It should say contact between the two--including poolside chats--DID jeopardize the investigation.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: August 02, 2006, 10:33:44 AM »

Quote from: "Ono"
June 18, 2005

June 23, 2005

June 26, 2005

Ono, I agree with you about the "mentioning" part.

I remember an interview Jordan did mentioning that he would have had sand on his feet (hmm...I wonder if he said shoes) and it would have gotten in the car.  I remember thinking how odd that was that he interjected it there as no one was talking about that at the time.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: August 02, 2006, 10:34:21 AM »

Let's try to look at the good part of the judges ruling:More from MF and FOB:
Just posted.

Supreme Court in Curacao finds that Paulus's detention was unjust and the government must pay damages over Afls. 50.000,-. These damages must be paid to Mr. Paul v/d Sloot. However the Court only decided on compensation to Mr. Paul v/d Sloot and did not decide yet on whether the complete family should be awarded too. This decision is still pending.

The judge said that this case regarding damages to the family is comletely different to the case against Joran. Lawyers for v/d Sloot used a letter send by the Prosecutor in which they state that they have no case or investigation against Paulus v/d Sloot.

In this case, Paulus v/d Sloot was immediately prohibited to enter the court house since the investigation began. And Judges were flown in for different hearings, all this to show imparciality and avoid any speculation that Paulus v/s Sloot was getting a different treatment. Later in the case, he was also detained for interrogations, but his lawyer came with valid point that give him back his freedom. However that time, the American media, came with all sort of information in this case, that his reputation was tainted and could not continue his work.

So Paulus has won a maximum of $28,000, however, nothing for Joran because his case is COMPLETELY different...that is good news.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: August 02, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Just posted.

Supreme Court in Curacao finds that Paulus's detention was unjust and the government must pay damages over Afls. 50.000,-. These damages must be paid to Mr. Paul v/d Sloot. However the Court only decided on compensation to Mr. Paul v/d Sloot and did not decide yet on whether the complete family should be awarded too. This decision is still pending.

The judge said that this case regarding damages to the family is comletely different to the case against Joran. Lawyers for v/d Sloot used a letter send by the Prosecutor in which they state that they have no case or investigation against Paulus v/d Sloot.

In this case, Paulus v/d Sloot was immediately prohibited to enter the court house since the investigation began. And Judges were flown in for different hearings, all this to show imparciality and avoid any speculation that Paulus v/s Sloot was getting a different treatment. Later in the case, he was also detained for interrogations, but his lawyer came with valid point that give him back his freedom. However that time, the American media, came with all sort of information in this case, that his reputation was tainted and could not continue his work.

So Paulus has won a maximum of $28,000, however, nothing for Joran because his case is COMPLETELY different...that is good news.

Klaas, as I was reading through the posts I missed while I was away, I was struck anew with the incalculable contributions you make to this site.  People ask the most obscure questions and you pull the answers out of the air like it's nothing at all.  

Are you more than one person?  Like maybe ten?   Laughing

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: August 02, 2006, 10:44:19 AM »

Bearlyhere - I wish, lol  Laughing  Thanks for the complement though!  Wink
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #548 on: August 02, 2006, 10:45:38 AM »

Just posted.

I wish I could share your enthusiasm, Klaas, I am afraid Juran will get more than that.

The only thing I see is that $28,000 will not even make a dent in the damage he has done to his reputation and his credibility.

I believe in miracles!
Shizaru
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #549 on: August 02, 2006, 10:49:09 AM »

Just posted.

How much was paulus asking for, wasn't it a lot more than $30,000?
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: August 02, 2006, 10:50:44 AM »

$28,000 is less money than you should be paid in a week.

Maybe he will start his own soap opera, "As the Perp Perspires."

I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #551 on: August 02, 2006, 11:03:48 AM »

Quote from: "Bearlyhere"

Wasn't he only held for a few days??....not a week or more? I forget now, but that is a lot for the time he was held...PLUS...wasn't it posted somewhere that during the time he was held in jail he was still paid is regular salary?? This is just too weird. I also read somewhere that he was looking to gain more $ than 28-30K from all this. I am sorry I cannot provide a link to it, but I did read somewhere he was asking for what  would be the equivalent of $300,000 in us dollars. I wish I could find where I read that.....but perhaps it was a TYPO and meant $30,000....I dunno. It all makes me sick.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Shizaru
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #552 on: August 02, 2006, 11:07:41 AM »

Quote from: "Nut44x4"
Quote from: "Bearlyhere"

Wasn't he only held for a few days??....not a week or more? I forget now, but that is a lot for the time he was held...PLUS...wasn't it posted somewhere that during the time he was held in jail he was still paid is regular salary?? This is just too weird. I also read somewhere that he was looking to gain more $ than 28-30K from all this. I am sorry I cannot provide a link to it, but I did read somewhere he was asking for what  would be the equivalent of $300,000 in us dollars. I wish I could find where I read that.....but perhaps it was a TYPO and meant $30,000....I dunno. It all makes me sick.

That is what I  read as well, he was asking for compensation in the hundreds of thousands, I recall the figure was about $200,000.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #553 on: August 02, 2006, 11:10:52 AM »

$28,000 sounds like Taco's fee for a case that gets him lots of exposure.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #554 on: August 02, 2006, 11:10:58 AM »

I recall the figure to be in the hundreds of thousands too.  I don't remember where I heard it though.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #555 on: August 02, 2006, 11:12:28 AM »

1-2-3 ... 1-2-3 ... waiting for Klaas to provide the suit amount info ...  Laughing

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #556 on: August 02, 2006, 11:13:13 AM »

Wondering what criteria brought them to the conclusion he should be awarded this sum of money.  Are they saying that the charges were unjust?  Was the testimony or the evidence at that time - false?  How do they know this, if this is the case?  

Not to mention that this reward is going to a piss poor parent, who daily didn't know where his underaged teen was, especially in the middle of the night/early morning hours.  Rolling Eyes If his son was home 5/29-5/30/05, the cash wouldn't be an issue.

I tend to agree with San and others that big time collusion is an intricate factor here.  

Hoping Klaas's positive point highlighted about Joran is a possibility, but personally, I am not sure.  

Got to get back to work & lurk mode.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #557 on: August 02, 2006, 11:14:23 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
$28,000 sounds like Taco's fee for a case that gets him lots of exposure.

I don't think that even covers his retainer... at $500 per hour... unless they did a quid-pro-quo... I do notice that he has been subbing for Catherine Cryer.... and Steve Cohen founded Court TV... but how did Cohen get to jvds?  Is Cohen "friends" with Posner?

Where is the connection here?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: August 02, 2006, 11:16:46 AM »

1-2-3 ... 1-2-3 ... waiting for Klaas to provide the suit amount info ...  Laughing

$300,000 was being tossed around.  I suspect that would include compensation for Joran which was denied at this time.
Shizaru
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #559 on: August 02, 2006, 11:34:36 AM »

$300,000 was being tossed around.  I suspect that would include compensation for Joran which was denied at this time.

I'm going to go out a limb and make a rare non-pessimistic prediction.  I predict that Joran will be awarded nothing.  And if he is awarded anything it will be a small amount, much less than $30,000.  Even in Aruba the judge would need some sort of grounds to pay Joran compensation, and what would those grounds be?  Rammstein is saying on BFN that it will be a lot harder for Joran to argue that his arrest and detention was unjustified, because of all his lies.  That sounds right to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.