April 27, 2024, 01:14:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #504 7/31 - 8/3/2006  (Read 160585 times)
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: August 02, 2006, 12:21:08 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "msmarple"
I don't have my notes here (at work), but wasn't PVDS picked up because he stated two different pickup times at MacDonald's -- 11:00 pm and 3:00 am -- on two different occasions?

yes, but lying to the police is ok in aruba.  Hell, they'll even pay you to do it.

Yep - and they pay you more than most others make in a year!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #581 on: August 02, 2006, 12:23:33 PM »

Didn't we read that PVDS was picked up for obstruction of justice (or the Aruban equivalent)?  I thought it was all tied to the conversations around the VDS pool where the boys were advised "no body, no crime."  In fact, Joran seems quite furious with the 2K's in the Police Van conversation about this very thing.  He says that Deepak and Satish told the police that Paulus told them "no body, no crime."  That's why Joran believed his father was picked up and brought in to the police station.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #582 on: August 02, 2006, 12:25:34 PM »

Then, Karen Janssen said PVDS was brought in on charges of being an accomlice to Natalee's kidnapping and murder.  I remember hearing her say that in her interview with Greta, I believe.  That's not a quote, but from my memory.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #583 on: August 02, 2006, 12:26:47 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Then, Karen Janssen said PVDS was brought in on charges of being an accomlice to Natalee's kidnapping and murder.  I remember hearing her say that in her interview with Greta, I believe.  That's not a quote, but from my memory.

That's accomplice.

BRING NATALEE HOME
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #584 on: August 02, 2006, 12:28:58 PM »

has anyone looked into how much money we have now from donations to http://www.texasequusearch.org/ for the Natalee ocean search fund (150,000) water search by them?? How can we track our donations>??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: August 02, 2006, 12:30:37 PM »

You are correct that Paulus was being charged with premeditated murder.  It was said by Marianne Croes who worked in the prosecutors office.  I think after she made that announcement we never saw her again on the news shows.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #586 on: August 02, 2006, 12:30:44 PM »

Quote from: "Shizaru"
Where is MF getting this anyway, is it in the papers down there?

I’m curious about that as well and have a friend making some calls to get all the details.  He promises he will let me know something later today.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: August 02, 2006, 12:34:43 PM »

Read all about it!
Bondia
http://www.cspnv.com/archivo/pdf/August/2/A-02-08-06.pdf

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #588 on: August 02, 2006, 12:36:45 PM »

Quote from: "San"

You are correct that Paulus was being charged with premeditated murder.  It was said by Marianne Croes who worked in the prosecutors office.  I think after she made that announcement we never saw her again on the news shows.

It was interesting that she just went "poof" !
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #589 on: August 02, 2006, 12:38:47 PM »

I believe 'complicity' was the word used in his arrest, as well.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: August 02, 2006, 12:40:17 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"

It's also on the FP of SM  Wink  Laughing
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #591 on: August 02, 2006, 12:41:33 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"

I’m curious about that as well and have a friend making some calls to get all the details.  He promises he will let me know something later today.

Can you inquire as to just exactly how much in U.S. currency was his award? Leslie's link stated what looked like 50 million florin...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: August 02, 2006, 12:42:17 PM »

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Aruba … “ONE CORRUPT ISLAND”: Paulus Van der Sloot Wins Court Case Against Aruba

I really hope the Judge in NYC is paying attention, if not … WAKE UP!!!

Does anyone really think that an American could receive a fair trial in Aruba? Not a chance.

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: August 02, 2006, 12:46:34 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"

Can you inquire as to just exactly how much in U.S. currency was his award? Leslie's link stated what looked like 50 million florin...

According to all accounts that equals $28,000 US.  Even MF is saying that is the maximum PVDS can get.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: August 02, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »

OK - need to get some work done, will be working and lurking  Wink
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: August 02, 2006, 12:50:45 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "msmarple"
I don't have my notes here (at work), but wasn't PVDS picked up because he stated two different pickup times at MacDonald's -- 11:00 pm and 3:00 am -- on two different occasions?

yes, but lying to the police is ok in aruba.  Hell, they'll even pay you to do it.

Ah, yess ... and it's more ok for a susspect to lie, than for a witnesss to lie. Ssince the word "ssuspect" is always thrown out in connection with this ssuit, PVDSs is thereby excussed for obsstructing jusstice.

Ah, yess  .... a very different jusstice ssysstem (always an oxymoron at besst, anyway).

Precioussss.

(I read  Shocked  the trilogy ... ssorry!)

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: August 02, 2006, 12:51:20 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Leslie"

It's also on the FP of SM  Wink  Laughing

I was working and lurking and did not realize there had already been a link to the FP.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: August 02, 2006, 01:01:24 PM »

Quote from: "Ono"

According to all accounts that equals $28,000 US.  Even MF is saying that is the maximum PVDS can get.

Thanks.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #598 on: August 02, 2006, 01:02:48 PM »

Quote from: "the big hammer"
JVDS = Suspect: How can he sue for damages?

Isn't his current status as "Suspect"?

How can he possibly sue for damages; that's preposterous.  pvds actually prevailed in hearing and was named "not a suspect" and this had to pave the way for the measly award.

But jvds has not been officially declared "not a suspect."  Either have kalpoe's.

BTW, on what basis does pvds win anything at all?  Was there a "procedural error" which resulted in "wrongful arrest".  Does anyone have actual legal basis for his action and the legal reasoning providing justification for $28,000 award?

That is correct Hammer - all but PVDS are still suspects and how can suspects sue for damages?

Am I stupid to not see how ANYONE should be able to sue until this CASE IS CLOSED???????  Until it's solved, how can they be sure that anyone is or isn't innocent and wrongly accused?  I just don't get it............

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #599 on: August 02, 2006, 01:03:48 PM »

Quote from: "Whodunit?"
Quote from: "the big hammer"
JVDS = Suspect: How can he sue for damages?

Isn't his current status as "Suspect"?

How can he possibly sue for damages; that's preposterous.  pvds actually prevailed in hearing and was named "not a suspect" and this had to pave the way for the measly award.

But jvds has not been officially declared "not a suspect."  Either have kalpoe's.

BTW, on what basis does pvds win anything at all?  Was there a "procedural error" which resulted in "wrongful arrest".  Does anyone have actual legal basis for his action and the legal reasoning providing justification for $28,000 award?

That is correct Hammer - all but PVDS are still suspects and how can suspects sue for damages?

Am I stupid to not see how ANYONE should be able to sue until this CASE IS CLOSED???????  Until it's solved, how can they be sure that anyone is or isn't innocent and wrongly accused?  I just don't get it............

Oh, and has it been ruled in a way that PVDS can NEVER be a suspect again?  What if new evidence turns up taht points directly to him???????????  WHAT am I missing here????????

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.