April 27, 2024, 12:11:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #504 7/31 - 8/3/2006  (Read 160576 times)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: August 02, 2006, 01:05:45 PM »

Hi, monkeys. Home for a spot of lunch.

While not in the least surprised at Paulus' "win", I am completely disgusted.

That money should be held for him in two different New York City trust funds, with the stipulation that he must  withdraw it on specified dates... with the time frame coinciding with the civil trial date once it is set. He would be required, in person, to withdraw the smallest (about $5.00) trust the day trial begins, in order to be able to withdraw the remaining funds in the other account. The latter could only be withdrawn, eother in person or by proxy, the day following the NY judges verdict. Twisted Evil

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: August 02, 2006, 01:08:47 PM »

Aruba~ Another version of Alice in Wonderland~ where up is down and down up and sideways is, well, who knows, it is Aruba, after all.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #602 on: August 02, 2006, 01:22:44 PM »

The only lemonade I can see in this ruling out of Aruba is that if the reason for the delay out of New York was to test how Aruba would rule... then fine.  It is now obvious no fair trial will ever materialize out of Aruba.  Bring on the Civil Suit in New York NOW.  Let's roll!
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #603 on: August 02, 2006, 01:24:47 PM »

Hi monkeys! While I cannot say that I am surprised, I can in all honesty say that I am totally sickened and disgusted by the latest ruling. Twisted Evil

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #604 on: August 02, 2006, 01:30:43 PM »

Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Hi monkeys! While I cannot say that I am surprised, I can in all honesty say that I am totally sickened and disgusted by the latest ruling. Twisted Evil

I'm with you on this one cubbeegrl!  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes No surprise!! I want to throw up!!! Have  a nice day Monks!!

igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #605 on: August 02, 2006, 01:32:35 PM »

Another BLACK EYE for Aruba.

No Corpse, No Crime, No Justice.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: August 02, 2006, 01:47:06 PM »

Quote from: "Whodunit?"
Quote from: "Whodunit?"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "the big hammer"
JVDS = Suspect: How can he sue for damages?

Isn't his current status as "Suspect"?

How can he possibly sue for damages; that's preposterous.  pvds actually prevailed in hearing and was named "not a suspect" and this had to pave the way for the measly award.

But jvds has not been officially declared "not a suspect."  Either have kalpoe's.

BTW, on what basis does pvds win anything at all?  Was there a "procedural error" which resulted in "wrongful arrest".  Does anyone have actual legal basis for his action and the legal reasoning providing justification for $28,000 award?

That is correct Hammer - all but PVDS are still suspects and how can suspects sue for damages?

Am I stupid to not see how ANYONE should be able to sue until this CASE IS CLOSED???????  Until it's solved, how can they be sure that anyone is or isn't innocent and wrongly accused?  I just don't get it............

Oh, and has it been ruled in a way that PVDS can NEVER be a suspect again?  What if new evidence turns up taht points directly to him???????????  WHAT am I missing here????????

I absolutely agree with you!!!!!!  The thing is, they have NO intentions of any further investigation.  They are trying to close the door on this case.  

Wonder what the Kalpoes think of this.  I bet it sticks in their craw.  Maybe this award will be the straw that breaks the camels back and someone comes forward if nothing but for vengance.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #607 on: August 02, 2006, 01:56:17 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"

It's also on the FP of SM  Wink  Laughing

U GUYS ROCK!!!!

papa sloot is guilty as hell.

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #608 on: August 02, 2006, 01:57:37 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"
The only lemonade I can see in this ruling out of Aruba is that if the reason for the delay out of New York was to test how Aruba would rule... then fine.  It is now obvious no fair trial will ever materialize out of Aruba.  Bring on the Civil Suit in New York NOW.  Let's roll!

good point Frij----i hope u r right....

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: August 02, 2006, 02:02:51 PM »

This $28,000 judgment to PVDS will cost Aruba millions in tourism $'s. Arubans need to take a good look at who is actually causing the dilemma that they find themselves in.

The case was in a lull and JVDS did the interviews that ramped the case right back up again.

Another lull and now the PVDS wins a judgment that infuriates people.

These people could care less about the damage they are inflicting upon Aruba. The Aruban & Dutch are so worried about what Beth & Dave have done. I would dare say that the VDS's and their connections have caused damage beyond repair.

What sane country allows someone to sue for damages while they are still a suspect. That just makes less sense that the ALE's approach to this investigation. One would think that either the case would have to be closed or the legal procedure as PVDS did to get taken off the suspect list would need to be done first.

What happens if PVDS is later found to have been involved? Does he has to refund the money?
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #610 on: August 02, 2006, 02:12:38 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
This $28,000 judgment to PVDS will cost Aruba millions in tourism $'s. Arubans need to take a good look at who is actually causing the dilemma that they find themselves in.

The case was in a lull and JVDS did the interviews that ramped the case right back up again.

Another lull and now the PVDS wins a judgment that infuriates people.

These people could care less about the damage they are inflicting upon Aruba. The Aruban & Dutch are so worried about what Beth & Dave have done. I would dare say that the VDS's and their connections have caused damage beyond repair.

What sane country allows someone to sue for damages while they are still a suspect. That just makes less sense that the ALE's approach to this investigation. One would think that either the case would have to be closed or the legal procedure as PVDS did to get taken off the suspect list would need to be done first.

What happens if PVDS is later found to have been involved? Does he has to refund the money?

You are correct RED!!!!We have not booked a person to Aruba in over a year! Aruba just to be in our top 10!  Rolling Eyes

shadow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #611 on: August 02, 2006, 02:42:23 PM »

Afternoon Monkeys! Been away for awhile and am appalled at this recent news. My apologies if this has been discussed already, but does anyone know when the NY judge is supposed to make a decision on whether or not to try the case?? Seems like it has been a long time already. Anyone know the judge's name?

There is a basin in the mind where words float around on thought and sound and sight. Then there is a depth of thought untouched by words, and deeper still a gulf of formless feelings untouched by thought. - Zora Neal Hurston
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: August 02, 2006, 02:49:37 PM »

shadow - as you can see, we're having a slow day here. We don't really seem to know when the judge will rule on the NY filing. I don't know the judge's name off hand, but Klaas does, and even has her schedule. Originally we thought 60 calendar (business?) days, but the hearing was May 17 and we're well past that.

Maybe someone else is lurking who can be more specific.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #613 on: August 02, 2006, 02:54:27 PM »

Quote from: "shadow"
Afternoon Monkeys! Been away for awhile and am appalled at this recent news. My apologies if this has been discussed already, but does anyone know when the NY judge is supposed to make a decision on whether or not to try the case?? Seems like it has been a long time already. Anyone know the judge's name?

Judge Kapnick (Barbara?)

IMO, decision will be coming soon.
shadow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #614 on: August 02, 2006, 02:56:12 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
shadow - as you can see, we're having a slow day here. We don't really seem to know when the judge will rule on the NY filing. I don't know the judge's name off hand, but Klaas does, and even has her schedule. Originally we thought 60 calendar (business?) days, but the hearing was May 17 and we're well past that.

Maybe someone else is lurking who can be more specific.

Thank you msmarple. I may have to do a little research through lawyer friends in NY State. I thought it was 60 days as well and that's why I was curious since it has been longer than that already and seemingly no news and no word.

I remember Klass posting her schedule but could not for the life of me remember her name.

There is a basin in the mind where words float around on thought and sound and sight. Then there is a depth of thought untouched by words, and deeper still a gulf of formless feelings untouched by thought. - Zora Neal Hurston
shadow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #615 on: August 02, 2006, 02:58:10 PM »

Quote from: "igsigs"
Quote from: "shadow"

Judge Kapnick (Barbara?)

IMO, decision will be coming soon.

Thank you igsigs! . . . haven't seen you in a while.
I hope you are right and that it is the right decision.

Tony
Scared Monkey

« Reply #616 on: August 02, 2006, 02:59:35 PM »

I found the Freedom Of Blog Sit and I posted on the "my feeling is telling me " thread. I got an interesting perspective from Arubans whoe refuse to read the truth. You might want to check it out.  
They say hotels are higher now, I proved them wrong.
They say Paulus didn't gamble and that Joran was too good of a student to do anything wrong, HA!
Wow.
http://www.freedomofblog.com/view_topic.php?id=1889&forum_id=29&jump_to=33123
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #617 on: August 02, 2006, 03:00:41 PM »

Lawyers for v/d Sloot used a letter send by the Prosecutor in which they state that they have no case or investigation against Paulus v/d Sloot.

After all the things Karen J has said, they send a letter saying they have no case or investigation on Paulus? Only confirms what I have always believed:  the prosecutor's office is involved in the cover up.  Or someone is telling them what to do and threatening them.  This whole thing is so outrageous and infuriating. Please, pray for Natelee's family even harder.  If this makes me feel this way, I can't comprehend how they must feel.  It is so evil, I am hoping God will give them immediate help.

Quote from: "Bearlyhere"
Let's try to look at the good part of the judges ruling:More from MF and FOB:
Just posted.

Supreme Court in Curacao finds that Paulus's detention was unjust and the government must pay damages over Afls. 50.000,-. These damages must be paid to Mr. Paul v/d Sloot. However the Court only decided on compensation to Mr. Paul v/d Sloot and did not decide yet on whether the complete family should be awarded too. This decision is still pending.

The judge said that this case regarding damages to the family is comletely different to the case against Joran. Lawyers for v/d Sloot used a letter send by the Prosecutor in which they state that they have no case or investigation against Paulus v/d Sloot.

In this case, Paulus v/d Sloot was immediately prohibited to enter the court house since the investigation began. And Judges were flown in for different hearings, all this to show imparciality and avoid any speculation that Paulus v/s Sloot was getting a different treatment. Later in the case, he was also detained for interrogations, but his lawyer came with valid point that give him back his freedom. However that time, the American media, came with all sort of information in this case, that his reputation was tainted and could not continue his work.

So Paulus has won a maximum of $28,000, however, nothing for Joran because his case is COMPLETELY different...that is good news.

Klaas, as I was reading through the posts I missed while I was away, I was struck anew with the incalculable contributions you make to this site.  People ask the most obscure questions and you pull the answers out of the air like it's nothing at all.  

Are you more than one person?  Like maybe ten?   Laughing
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #618 on: August 02, 2006, 03:13:18 PM »

COINCIDENTAL OR PLANNED?

How coincidental is it that Karen J & the other investigators are on Holiday when this ruling for PvdS comes down?
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #619 on: August 02, 2006, 03:20:38 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
COINCIDENTAL OR PLANNED?

How coincidental is it that Karen J & the other investigators are on Holiday when this ruling for PvdS comes down?

Gosh SunFreak - I haven't thought of that one!!!!  You are right on the money - I vote for planned!! Evil or Very Mad

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.