March 28, 2024, 05:44:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #504 7/31 - 8/3/2006  (Read 158634 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #960 on: August 03, 2006, 10:04:55 AM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Pork tenderloin on the barbie marinated in mojo.

Salad and baked sweet potatoes (actually i cheat in the summer partially bake the sweets in the micro and then put them on the barbie with the pork).  I serve the sweets with a bit of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.

Ooh, that sounds fabulous.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
MisGivings
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #961 on: August 03, 2006, 10:10:47 AM »

DAMN!!! Not only do I wake up to more stifling heat and a Sinus Headache, I also find out Paulus was rewarded money for his detainment.

OK, enough of the BS!!! It is time to get real serious with the bufoons in Aruba.

OH, BTW, Hi, Monkey's.

You have to give Joran credit. He found a way to travel extensively without it costing him a dime.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #962 on: August 03, 2006, 10:12:41 AM »

Good morning, Mis.  I hear ya about the heat and sinus woes.  Got my own right here.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #963 on: August 03, 2006, 10:15:36 AM »

http://tinyurl.com/rbfae

Father of Holloway suspect wins damages for detention
3 August 2006

AMSTERDAM — Dutchman Paul van der Sloot, father of the chief suspect in the Natalee Holloway disappearance case, has been awarded financial damages.

A court on the autonomous Dutch island of Aruba ruled that Paul van der Sloot was arrested and detained for four days without due cause last year as part of the investigation. He was awarded 50,000 Aruban Guilders in compensation. This is equal to EUR 21,800 or USD 27,900.

His son, Joran, was the main suspect in the disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway on the Caribbean island.

Holloway, 18, was holidaying on Aruba in May 2005 with school friends to celebrate their graduation. She disappeared on the night of 30
May, and extensive searches have failed to find any trace of her.

She was last seen leaving a bar at 1am with Dutch youth Joran van der Sloot, then 17, and brothers Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18. They were in Deepak's car. Holloway was due to fly back to the US the following day but she failed to arrive at the airport.

The three young men were arrested on 9 June 2005 and questioned. They first told police that they dropped her off at the Holiday Inn where she was staying. Subsequently, they admitted that they had agreed to lie.

Joran van der Sloot said he had been alone with Holloway on the beach near another hotel, about 1 kilometre from the Holiday Inn. He denied having sex with her or harming her in any way. He claimed he left her on the beach at her own request. Joran claimed he wanted to go home as he had school the next day.

The Kalpoe brothers were released from custody on 14 July 2005, but were re-arrested on 26 August 2005 on suspicion of rape and murder. Joran and the Kalpoes were released on 4 September 2005 and have not been charged with any crime in connection with the disappearance.

Paul van der Sloot, a judge in training on Aruba at the time, was arrested on 22 June 2005 on suspicion of conspiring on or after the fact with his son. He was released without charge four days later but still considered a suspect.

He won a civil action for unjust detention against the Aruban authorities in November of that year and has now been awarded damages. He is no longer a suspect. The judge in the civil case stressed his ruling related solely to Paul van der Sloot.

Both father and his son deny any wrongdoing.

The police handling of the case, coupled with the failure to find any trace of Holloway, has generated a lot of criticism in the US. There have been calls for American tourists to boycott the island.

Natalee's mother Beth Twitty has spearheaded a campaign to keep up the pressure on the authorities to find her daughter.

On 6 February this year, Joran and Paul van der Sloot were served with a civil lawsuit by Natalee's parents in New York.  Joran went to the US, against his lawyer's advice, to do a television interview.

[Copyright Expatica News 2006]

GOODMORNING ALL
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #964 on: August 03, 2006, 10:21:25 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Peaches"
Good morning.  Lurking and working.

How did it go yesterday?  Are you feeling OK?

I feel okay.  Mildly yucky.  I didn't sleep good last nite and overslept this a.m. so  I was late for work.  I'm probably going to try to get a little work done and leave early so I can go home and rest.  Steriods suck.  Plus I have to go get a Neulasta shot today.  Hello bone pain.  

Doctor visit went well.  He is very pleased.  Says I'm doing great, handling chemo well, CA125- 4.9 (less than 35 is normal...lower the better).  If he's happy, I'm happy.
Thanks for asking.

I am sooo glad you are continuing to get good reports from the Dr. - Great news!!!  Hopefully you can get some rest today and maybe get to feeling better real soon.  You stay in my prayers. ((((hugs))))

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #965 on: August 03, 2006, 10:23:41 AM »

Quote from: "MisGivings"
DAMN!!! Not only do I wake up to more stifling heat and a Sinus Headache, I also find out Paulus was rewarded money for his detainment.

OK, enough of the BS!!! It is time to get real serious with the bufoons in Aruba.

OH, BTW, Hi, Monkey's.

Hi Misgivings - long time no see!  How are you?  Sorry about your sinus headache!
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: August 03, 2006, 10:25:28 AM »

Peaches - that's great!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #967 on: August 03, 2006, 10:39:17 AM »

New Front Page Post:

Aruba: Camp Tourism. Maybe the ATA, ALE and Government Officials Should Attend?

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/08/03/aruba-camp-tourism-maybe-the-ata-ale-and-government-officials-should-attend/

So the next time that Aruba feels the need to teach their children the importance of tourism, maybe the adults should attend those lectures as well.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #968 on: August 03, 2006, 10:41:52 AM »

Quote from: "Red"
New Front Page Post:

Aruba: Camp Tourism. Maybe the ATA, ALE and Government Officials Should Attend?

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2006/08/03/aruba-camp-tourism-maybe-the-ata-ale-and-government-officials-should-attend/

So the next time that Aruba feels the need to teach their children the importance of tourism, maybe the adults should attend those lectures as well.

When I first saw that article my reaction was...do they teach the children to coverup crime at all costs?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #969 on: August 03, 2006, 10:42:39 AM »

Quote from: "Ono"
Quote from: "blah"
I have a question for you legal types out there....

What if we started a letter writing campaign writing letters of support for the H/T's  addressed to the judge in New York.  If she received a handful of letters on a daily basis pleading for her to hear the case, what would happen?  Would this hurt more than help?  Would she be forced to hand the case to a different judge or could she take our pleads under advisement?  

anyone know?

I do not see how that could hurt. What is her mailing address?

Morning Monkeys!  I am reading back...obviously....

DO NOT write the judge... it isn't allowed... and wouldn't be a good thing.  Judges are not supposed to be swayed in their decisions.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #970 on: August 03, 2006, 10:43:28 AM »

Quote from: "wreck"
Ono:
Well, just suing to "clear your name" would be excellent starters for these two men and it appears so far that there is not an Aruban attorney who feels up to the challenge. That is a shame...where, oh where, are their original attorneys now? Surely they know they have a good case for "false arrest"...? The lack of legal representation in this matter is begging attention and something I do not understand.

Besides a "lack of money" -- they also must weigh the "consequences" of bringing suit. The Dutch would probably trump up some other charges against them or they could end up "Canashito-ed" or something. Better to keep quiet.

ALSO the two guards are still suspects... they can't bring suit yet!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: August 03, 2006, 10:57:42 AM »

That FP just kills me.

The Arubans defy logic!

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: August 03, 2006, 10:59:18 AM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Quote from: "Jacqueline"

Morning Monkeys!

Keep cooly cool....

Morning monkeys! Jacq, I shall keep that pic in mind today. My central air went kaput last night and it is miserably hot here in southeast la.. AND to top it off I need a whole new unit. NOT CHEAP. The earliest I can hope for it to be replaced is Friday evening or Saturday morning.Hubby is out of town in a nice cool hotel room.Son and I are prolly gonna check in to one ourselves today. Twisted Evil

A few years ago my central unit went out and I was forced to replace it.  Not something most people do unless their backs are pushed to the wall, but it turned out to be one of the best things I’ve done in a long time.  The new unit was much more efficient and cut my monthly power bill in half.  So, there was a silver lining after all.

Wasn't ignoring ya Easy, son had an early morning orthodontist appointment....those people start early in the morning! Oh well, at least it is over with for this visit.
You are right , it is not something I elect to do, rather something which is necessary. And I am glad that you have pointed out the benefits(other than the obvious), will help to make writing that big check a little less painful!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #973 on: August 03, 2006, 11:05:37 AM »

Cubbee - read my list of stay cool tips!

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #974 on: August 03, 2006, 11:06:14 AM »

Peaches! So very happy to hear that you are doing so well!

Misgivings, unfortunately at this moment in time I can relate to the heat issues. Right now trying to decide if we should just suck it up and leave until this eveining or check into a motel and lay up like big dogs enjoying the a/c.
It really is tolerable in the evening and morning at my house as I am surrounded by trees and have ceiling fans in every room plus we have put ALOT of extra fans in here.Being surrounded by trees does have its advantages!

I am still sick to think of yesterdays decision.... Twisted Evil
I pray that the New York judge rules in Beth and Daves favor.

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #975 on: August 03, 2006, 11:07:45 AM »

Cubbee - read my list of stay cool tips!

LOL.... I already did fm and thank you very much! Good tips!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #976 on: August 03, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

Cool

I neglected to mention sunscreen and Iced Tea!

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #977 on: August 03, 2006, 11:21:32 AM »

trying to get us to page 50

terryd270
Monkey Junky

« Reply #978 on: August 03, 2006, 11:24:26 AM »

Just closed the blinds and run around necked and take a lot of cold showers..  Just remember that you need to put your clothes on before you answer the door..
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #979 on: August 03, 2006, 11:24:37 AM »

Cool

I neglected to mention sunscreen and Iced Tea!

Never forget the Iced Tea  Shocked

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.