March 18, 2024, 08:21:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "... socialize...introduce bipartisan legislation...feel productive..."  (Read 1161 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 28, 2013, 08:08:20 AM »

Well, look, I’ve always believed that there are a bunch of Republicans of goodwill who would rather get something done than suffer through the sort of nasty atmosphere that prevails in Washington right now. It’s not a fun time to be a member of Congress.

And I think if you talk privately to Democrats and Republicans, particularly those who have been around for a while, they long for the days when they could socialize and introduce bipartisan legislation and feel productive. So I don’t think the issue is whether or not there are people of goodwill in either party that want to get something done. I think what we really have to do is change some of the incentive structures so that people feel liberated to pursue some common ground.
- Obama

read more here - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/27/obama-attacks-fox-find-out-which-host-fired-back-here/

Getting things done helps how?  $17 TRILLION in debt?  $100 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities?   

Borders secure since Amnesty in the 70's?  Congress and the White House lied to get things done?  Why not keep past promises?

Does the country need hundreds of millions of low skilled workers?  With millions of long term welfare recipients?  Unemployed?

IIRC, the old slave states did not have a middle class.  Who could compete with low and no wage workers by the millions?  Folks that got free housing, free medical care, free food, old age care...  Agricultural work wasn't 24/7.  So, in theory, the 'master' took less than 100%.  What did they have to complain about?  Just like the golfer that taxes took 60% of his labor.  What does he have to complain about?  He gets 'free' healthcare? 

Why is Obama growing the poverty class?  Free men and women had a chance in non-slave states.  Where is the opportunity today?  Where are the free people who can work and keep every dollar they earn? 

I forgot...according to Obama, they didn't build anything.  They didn't earn their keep...

In the non-slave states folks worked for every morsel they ate.  There was no free housing, no free food, no free medical care, no old age program...

How many slaves ran away to be free?

Getting things done = debt that no citizen/slave can ever pay off, their children will never pay off...they just get more 'free' stuff.

Where is the homeland for 'free' people?  People who would choose self-determination and freedom over slavery and 'free' stuff?

just my humble opinions and questions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:13:32 AM »

Past generations fought hard to keep slavery from expanding.  Did slaves live the high life?  Get free phones?

Past generations understood there was no middle class in the slave states.  Little opportunity for free and working people. 

The master didn't allow the slave class to own guns.  They didn't allow the Indians to own guns. 

If slavery was wrong wrong, and it was corrected after decades, perhaps it's time to correct the modern slavery of taxation and regulation?

Maybe the Federal Reserve system was a bad idea that should be eliminated? 

People should be able to live free without financial obligation imposed on them by aristocrats in faraway places?  Folks that don't have their vast wealth confiscated?  Folks that live on trust funds?  Are born with a trust fund?

Who profits from the $17 TRILLION in debt service?  Almost $1 TRILLION a year?  Who are those people?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.