March 29, 2024, 06:28:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 'Foreign Nature' of Barack Obama  (Read 1259 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 30, 2013, 10:29:06 AM »

This latest snip, really got me thinking...anyone else?

"Obama: Unless you were a Native American, you came from someplace else"

This afternoon in Las Vegas, President Obama reminded most American citizens that they were descended from immigrants themselves.

Obama warned that the issue was an emotional one, but that it was important for Americans to not view it as “us versus them.”

“It’s really important to remember our history,” Obama continued. “Unless you were one of the first Americans, a Native American, you came from someplace else, somebody brought you,” he said.

read more here - http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-unless-you-were-a-native-american-you-came-from-someplace-else/article/2519972

Does Barack want to make us a nation of foreigners?  Perhaps that's the new global idea?  You claim the birthplace of your ancestors?

I was born here.  My parents were born here.  Other ancestors were born here or came through Ellis Island...we have generations of papers.  I believe my ancestors loved this country and wanted to obey the laws, they had respect for the country and the prosperity they earned by WORKING.  There was no welfare.

While Obama was born 'here', he came from someplace else.  Went to foreign or private schools.  Raised in Indonesia among Indonesians, anti-Americans, he moved to Hawaii later in childhood and lived in a place where many were bigoted, if not racist, against nonnative Hawaiians. 

Perhaps Mr. Obama feels like an immigrant?  He came from someplace else?  Never felt like he belonged? 

Were his parents born here?  Were they immigrants from some far away land?  Perhaps Mr. Obama identifies with foreigners?

I recall that Native Americans have a long history too.   Based on blood and fossil records, iirc, the Native Americans caused preexisting people and cultures to move further south into Mexico and South America.  The current Native Americans may have been born here, their ancestors crossed a land bridge through Russia and Alaska...

What do some claim later immigrants 'brought by someone else' caused among those already living here?  Genocide?  Were they racist?  Bigoted?  Bad people?

I believe when slavery was ended in some states, there was a question about the citizenship of the slaves that were here.  I believe the courts (not a legal scholar) in a landmark case, determined they were citizens by birth...the start of the concept of 'birthright citizenship.'

Only two nation on the globe STILL HAVE birthright citizenship...I hear this all the time.  Decades later, I believe this same concept is being abused/misused by Chinese and others to create 'anchor' babies.  Later, the babies return and bring the family.  The ones that stay, want 'amnesty' or 'immigration reform'. 

For some reason the government advertises the American welfare system to foreigners.  Do they come for the American dream?  Or, the spoils of the massive and growing welfare state?  Stealing more money from folks already here and trying to live the traditional American dream?

Yesterday's immigrants came when the only way to survive was to work.  There was no welfare state.

Would 'Obama's Law' illegal aliens still come if there was no welfare?  No anchor baby welfare benefits?

I was born here, as were my parents.  I am native born.  I have never claimed allegiance to a foreign country.

Years ago, there was a movie 'Short Circuit'...headliners Steve Guttenberg and Ally Sheedy.

The Guttenberg character "Newton Crosby" has a short dialog with character of Fisher Steves "Ben Jabituya".  Ben has what sound like a heavy Indian accent. 

Newton Crosby: Where are you from, anyway?
Ben Jabituya: Bakersfield, originally.

Newton Crosby: No, I mean your ancestors.
Ben Jabituya: Oh, them. Pittsburgh.

read more here - http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0013802/quotes

Where does Obama come from, really?

It always seems to be about stealing more money...you don't really think you earned it, do you?

just my humble opinions and observations

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:44:48 AM »

For nearly a century and a half, the United States has had a simple rule: If you're born in America, you're an American. Birthright citizenship was taken for granted until recently. But the tide of illegal immigration has caused some conservatives to call for a re-examination of the rule.

They argue that many foreigners sneak in just to have kids, who gain the benefits of citizenship. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has called for hearings on the issue. Sen. Lindsay Graham, R-S.C., has gone further: "We should change our Constitution and say if you come here illegally and you have a child, that child's automatically not a citizen."

Birthright citizenship is a product of the Fourteenth Amendment, passed after the Civil War, which says, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States."

The central purpose was to cover freed slaves and other African-Americans, overriding the Supreme Court's 1857 Dred Scott decision barring them from citizenship. The opponents of birthright citizenship argue that the language does not cover children born to people here illegally, because they are not "subject to the jurisdiction" of the U.S. government.

read more here - http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2010-08-15/news/ct-edit-birthright-20100815_1_birthright-citizenship-illegal-immigrants-foreigners

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.