March 28, 2024, 03:26:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris Kyle (38) Decorated Navy Seal - Author, Killed at Shooting Range in Texas  (Read 47622 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« on: February 03, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/04/us/chris-kyle-american-sniper-author-reported-killed.html

‘American Sniper’ Author Shot to Death in Texas
By MICHAEL SCHWIRTZ
Published: February 3, 2013

Since retiring from the Navy SEALs, Chris Kyle, whom the Pentagon has deemed as among America’s deadliest snipers, would occasionally take fellow veterans shooting as a kind of therapy to salve battlefield scars.

Paul Moseley/The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, via Associated Press
Chris Kyle in 2012.

Mr. Kyle, 38, author of the best-selling book “American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History,” was with a struggling former soldier on just such an outing on Saturday, hoping that a day at a shooting range would bring some relief, said a friend, Travis Cox.

But the Texas authorities said Sunday that the troubled veteran turned on Mr. Kyle and a second man, Chad Littlefield, shooting and killing both before fleeing in a pickup truck.

“Chad and Chris had taken a veteran out to shoot to try to help him,” Mr. Cox said. “And they were killed.”

The police identified the gunman as Eddie Ray Routh, 25, who had served in both Iraq and Afghanistan and had suffered from mental illness. The police offered no information about a possible motive.

Mr. Routh shot the men about 3:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Rough Creek Lodge, an exclusive shooting range near Glen Rose, Tex., about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth, Sgt. Lonny Haschel, a spokesman for the State Department of Public Safety’s Highway Patrol Division, said in a statement. Mr. Routh was arrested on Saturday night at his home in Lancaster, a suburb south of Dallas. He has been charged with two counts of capital murder, Mr. Haschel said.

Mr. Cox, the director of a foundation that Mr. Kyle created, said he did not know Mr. Routh. Mr. Kyle, he said, had devoted his life since his retirement from the military to helping fellow soldiers overcome post-traumatic stress.

In 2011, Mr. Kyle created the FITCO Cares Foundation to provide veterans with exercise equipment and counseling. He believed that exercise and the camaraderie of fellow veterans could help former soldiers ease into civilian life. “He served this country with extreme honor, but came home and was a servant leader in helping his brothers and sisters dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder,” Mr. Cox, also a former military sniper, said by telephone.

Mr. Kyle, who lived outside of Dallas, had his own difficulties adjusting after retiring from the SEALs in 2009. He was deployed in Iraq during the worst years of the insurgency, perched in or on top of bombed-out apartment buildings with his .300 Winchester Magnum.

His job was to provide “overwatch,” preventing enemy fighters from ambushing Marines as they moved through Iraqi towns.

He did not think the job would be difficult, he wrote in his book, but two weeks into the war, he found himself staring through his scope into the face of an unconventional enemy. A woman with a child had pulled a grenade from beneath her clothes as several Marines approached. He hesitated, he wrote, but then fired the shot.

“It was my duty to shoot, and I don’t regret it,” he wrote. “My shots saved several Americans, whose lives were clearly worth more than that woman’s twisted soul.”

Over time, his hesitation diminished and he became better at his job. He was credited with more than 150 deaths. He became the scourge of Iraqi insurgents, who put a price on his head and were said to have called him the “Devil of Ramadi.” In his book, he describes taking out a fighter wielding a rocket launcher 2,100 yards away, a very long distance for a sniper and the longest for Mr. Kyle.

“Maybe the way I jerked the trigger to the right adjusted for the wind,” he wrote. “Maybe gravity shifted and put that bullet right where it had to be.”

“Whatever, I watched through my scope as the shot hit the Iraqi, who tumbled over the wall to the ground.”

Mr. Kyle received two Silver Stars and five Bronze Stars for valor.

He would later describe his service in humble terms, preferring to talk not about the enemies killed, but the lives saved.

“I feel pretty good because I am not just killing someone, I am also saving people,” he said in a January 2012 interview with The Dallas Morning News. “What keeps me up at night is not the people that I have killed, it is the people I wasn’t able to save.”

In an interview with The New York Times in March, Mr. Kyle said that he had hesitated to write a book about his experiences. But he was persuaded to do so after hearing that other books about SEALs were in the works.

“I wanted to tell my story as a SEAL,” he said. “This is about all the hardships that everybody has to go through to get the respect and the honor.”

But he also wanted his sense of humor to come out, he said, noting that he tried to “write in a Texas drawl.”

::snipping2::

For all his success, friends and fellow veterans described Mr. Kyle as a humble warrior and down-to-earth family man who loved his wife and two children. In gatherings with other veterans, he would deflect the praise of well-wishers and play up the achievements of his comrades.

“He wasn’t the ‘American Sniper’ to all of his friends,” Mr. Cox said. “He was Chris Kyle, and he was right alongside you. He was proud to be a veteran, and he would do anything he could to serve veterans.”

Manny Fernandez and Julie Bosman contributed reporting.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 04:26:59 PM »

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/02/03/4590187/official-statement-from-us-navy.html

Official Statement from U.S. Navy Seal Chris Kyle’s Non-Profit Organization, FITCO Cares Foundation

Published: February 3, 2013

DALLAS — On behalf of the Board of Directors of the non-profit organization that Chris helped establish, my heart is breaking. Our foundation, FITCO Cares, this country and most importantly, his wife Taya and their children, lost a dedicated father and husband, a lifelong patriot and an American hero.

Chris Kyle was a hero for his courageous efforts protecting our country as a U.S. Navy SEAL during four tours of combat. Moreover, he was a hero for his efforts stateside when he helped develop the FITCO Cares Foundation. What began as a plea for help from Chris looking for in-home fitness equipment for his brothers- and sisters-in-arms struggling with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) became an organization that will carry that torch proudly in his honor.

Chris died doing what he filled his heart with passion – serving soldiers struggling with the fight to overcome PTSD. His service, life and premature death will never be in vain. May God watch over his family and all those who considered Chris a true friend.

He will forever be missed.

Travis Cox

Director

FITCO Cares Foundation

USMC Recon Sniper

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/02/03/4590187/official-statement-from-us-navy.html#storylink=cpy

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 04:37:36 PM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20130203-chris-kyle-record-holding-sniper-as-navy-seal-killed-in-double-slaying-at-erath-county-gun-range.ece

Chris Kyle, record-holding sniper as Navy SEAL, killed in double slaying at Erath County gun range

Erath County Sheriff's Department

Eddie Routh, 25, is being held on a $3 million bond at Erath County Jail. He is suspected of killing Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield at a point-blank range while the three men were practicing at a gun range Saturday afternoon.

By TASHA TSIAPERAS Staff Writer ttsiaperas@dallasnews.com
Published: 03 February 2013 12:38 AM

UPDATE: 11:28 a.m.

Eddie Routh, who was arrested on Saturday in connection to the fatal shooting at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort, is being held at the Erath County jail on a $3 million bond, according to officials.

Routh, 25, was arraigned on two counts of capital murder, according to Lonny Haschel, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Routh, a former Marine and Iraqi War veteran, is believed to suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome. Investigators say that he shot Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield at point-blank range around 3:30 p.m. Saturday.

Routh tried to flee police in his Ford pickup truck, but was arrested near his home in Lancaster after a brief pursuit, Haschel said.

The Stephenville Empire-Tribune is reporting that Routh is being held on a $3 million bond. According to their report, Routh was at the gun range to practice with Kyle and Littlefield when he turned the gun on them.

UPDATE: 10 a.m. from staff writer Melissa Repko

Officials have identified that second victim of a fatal shooting at Rough Creek Lodge and Resort in Erath County, which killed former Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle.

Chad Littlefield, 35, of Midlothian was identified as the other victim on early Sunday morning.

Kyle, 38, and Littlefield were at the gun range on Saturday afternoon for charity event on behalf of Kyle’s Dallas-based security firm Craft International, when they were shot and killed.

Kyle, who wrote the best-selling book American Sniper, held the record for the number of kills by an American sniper. The Pentagon has confirmed more than 150 of his kills. The previous record was 109. For his service, Kyle was awarded two Silver Stars and five Bronze Stars with Valor. His autobiography, American Sniper, was released last year.

Lancaster police said late Saturday they had arrested Eddie Ray Routh, 25, as a suspect in the double slaying. Routh has been arraigned on two counts of capital murder, according to Texas Department of Public Safety.

Erath County Sherriff’s Department is holding a press conference this afternoon and continues to investigate, along with Somervell County Sherriff’s Department, Stephenville Police, Lancaster Police, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, the Erath County District Attorney and the Texas Rangers.

Original story from Sunday's Dallas Morning News

Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL who was the U.S. military’s deadliest sharpshooter and wrote the best-selling book American Sniper, was fatally shot Saturday in a double slaying at an Erath County gun range, the U.S. Marshals Service said.

Investigators said that Routh, a former Marine who sources said is believed to suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome, shot Kyle and the second victim at point-blank range. No information was available on the second victim late Saturday.

Erath County officials had issued an alert for authorities to be on the lookout for the gunman, who was believed to be armed and dangerous and driving a black Ford F-350 truck with large tires and rims.

The suspect was believed to be highly trained with military experience.

Kyle grew up in Texas and spent much of his time riding horses and participating on the school rodeo team. His life quickly changed when he decided to go into the military and became a Navy SEAL. He deployed four times to Iraq. Kyle held the record for number of kills by an American sniper. The Pentagon has confirmed more than 150 of his kills. The previous record was 109.

For his service, Kyle was awarded two Silver Stars and five Bronze Stars with Valor. His autobiography, American Sniper, was released last year.

“When I grew up, I only had two dreams,” he told The News in January 2012. “One was to be a cowboy and another was to be in the military. I grew up extremely patriotic and riding horses. I went to college and was working at a ranch up there. Sunup, sundown, I was in a saddle. By the time I was 24, I decided it was time to go into the military and try it out. It wasn’t exactly the SEALs I was looking for at the time. I just wanted to go into the military and be the best.”

Despite his military, business and writing successes, Kyle remained the same humble friend, Hartson said.

“You would think a guy like that would be cocky or would be arrogant. He’s not,” he said.

“Chris is the same small-town Christian, humble guy he was in high school.”

Hartson, a former Dallas police officer, said he met Kyle at their Midlothian elementary school. He was flooded with online and text messages Saturday afternoon asking if the news of Kyle’s death was true. He said he didn’t know Routh and was stunned to hear his friend had been shot.

“Chris has never changed. He has always been the same guy,” Hartson said. “This guy still drives a pickup truck.”

Kyle told The News in 2012 that he wrote American Sniper because “I wanted to be able to let people know about the sacrifices that not only people in the service make, but what their families go through. I knew this would give me a voice so I could speak about the guys I know who were killed. I wanted to get their story out and I wanted to raise awareness for veterans.

“It is so hard becoming a civilian,” Kyle said. “When you are in the military, everything you do is for the greater good. And as a civilian, everything you do is for your own good.

“When you’re in the military, you are facing life and death every day. And then you come home and hear people who are unhappy about the little things. And you think, are you kidding me? Two weeks ago, I was shot. And this is your problem. … They train us how to become warriors, but then they don’t teach us and train us how to become businessmen.”

Kyle is survived by his wife, Taya, and two children.

Staff writer Tanya Eiserer contributed to this report.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 05:33:32 PM »

Thank you, and your family for your service to our country, Chris Kyle. 

Your courage and honor will not be forgotten.

My sincere condolences to his wife, children, and all who loved him.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:34:12 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Fraternal.order

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 04:38:07 PM »

Man charged in fatal shooting of ex-SEAL/author
STEPHENVILLE, Texas (AP) — A 25-year-old Iraq war veteran charged with murdering former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and his friend turned his semi-automatic handgun onto the pair while they were at a Texas shooting range, authorities said Sunday.
Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster was arraigned early Sunday on two counts of capital murder in the deaths of Kyle, 38, and Chad Littlefield, 35, at the shooting range about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth.
Capt. Jason Upshaw with the Erath County Sheriff's Office said Routh used a semi-automatic handgun, which authorities later found at his home. Upshaw declined to give any more details about the type of gun used.
Routh has not made any comments indicating what his motive may have been, Upshaw said. Sheriff Tommy Bryant said Routh was unemployed and "may have been suffering from some type of mental illness from being in the military himself," but he didn't know if Routh was on any medication.
"I don't know that we'll ever know. He's the only one that knows that," Upshaw said.
The U.S. military confirmed Sunday that Routh was a corporal in the Marines from June 2006 to January 2010. He was deployed to Iraq in 2007 and Haiti in 2010. His current duty status is listed as reserve. ::snipping2::

http://music.yahoo.com/news/man-charged-fatal-shooting-ex-seal-author-150201265.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 07:59:01 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/american-sniper-suspect-tied-chair-suicide-watch-tasered/story?id=18401660
'American Sniper' Suspect Tied to Chair on Suicide Watch After Being Tasered
February 4, 2013

The former Marine accused of killing Chris Kyle, America's most successful military sniper, has been placed on suicide watch and was Tasered after becoming aggressive and attempting to attack guards at the central Texas jail where he is being held, authorities said.
Guards at the Erath County Jail used a Taser on Routh on Sunday night, after he became belligerent and refused to give jailers the tray on which he had been served dinner, authorities said.
When guards came to collect his tray, Routh "was trying to attack them," said Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant at a press conference.

An official at the county jail, unauthorized to speak for attribution, told ABCNews.com that Routh had been placed on suicide watch and was confined to a solitary cell in which he was tied to a chair using restraints.

Routh was arrested Saturday, after the men's bodies were found. Police chased down Routh, who was driving Kyle's stolen pickup truck, disabling the vehicle with tacks and arresting the suspect.

Police said Sunday that Kyle and Littlefield were both killed at close range using a semi-automatic pistol.

Routh was charged with two counts of capital murder and his bond was set for $3 million.

He offered no confession, or hint at a motive, police said.

Routh will be appointed an attorney, but will likely receive a lawyer experienced in handling capital cases.

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 10:39:17 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Sniper-suspect-traded-soul-for-a-new-truck-affidavit-says-189729711.html
Sniper murder suspect ‘traded his soul for a new truck’
February 5, 2013

Eddie Routh, the double murder suspect who allegedly killed retired Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield, might have committed the crimes to steal Kyle’s truck, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by News 8.
Routh confessed to his sister and her husband about the crime on Saturday night, the document says. When they asked whose black truck he was driving, Routh told them “he traded his soul for a new truck,” according to the affidavit.

Kyle and Littlefield arrived at the Rough Creek Lodge shooting range about 3:15 p.m. on Saturday. Less than two hours later, one of the range officials reported getting an emergency call from three staff members who found the bodies.
“CPR was started until EMTs arrived,” the arrest affidavit reads. Both men had multiple gunshot wounds and were laying on the ground covered in blood.
Investigators have said that Routh allegedly stole Kyle’s black Ford pick-up truck and drove to his sister’s home in Midlothian telling her and her husband that he killed the two men.
Later that night, investigators said they found what they think is the murder weapon, a semi-automatic handgun, at Routh’s home in Lancaster.
Routh’s sister, Laura Blevins, urged her 25-year-old brother, a former Marine, to turn himself in.
Routh telling his sister he traded his soul for a new truck suggests a possible motive in the crime that so far investigators have not yet pinpointed.
Four months ago, Routh threatened to kill himself and his family, according to Lancaster Police.
His mother called 911 to say her son had been drinking alcohol and was upset with his father because he was considering selling a family gun.
"She stated Eddie began arguing and stated he was going to 'blow his brains out,'" according to a police report of the incident on September 20, 2012.
Responding officers also noted the 25-year-old had post traumatic stress disorder.
"Officers feared for the safety of Eddie, his family, and others," the report explained. Police placed Routh into protective custody and took him to Green Oaks Psychiatric Hospital for a mental evaluation.

Video at Link

PDF: Eddie Routh's arrest affidavit
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/combo.pdf

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 10:41:27 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas/Snipers-foundation-remaining-silent-until-after-the-funerals-189761361.html
Sniper’s foundation remaining silent until after funerals
February 5, 2013

DALLAS — FITCO Cares, the Carrollton-based foundation that helps veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder, told News 8 it is respecting the wishes of Chris Kyle’s family and remaining silent until after his funeral.
Kyle, who was murdered at an Erath County gun range on Saturday, founded the Carrollton-based organization to help veterans who live with PTSD.
Eddie Ray Routh, 25, is charged with felony murder in the shooting deaths of Kyle and his friend, Chad Littlefield, Saturday afternoon on a gun range at Rough Creek Lodge near Glen Rose.
Routh — who investigators said suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder — was receiving some sort of help for it from Kyle when the former Marine turned a semi-automatic handgun on Kyle and Littlefield, investigators said.
Kyle was a Navy SEAL sniper who fought in every major battle of Operation Iraqi Freedom and is credited with more than 150 confirmed kills of insurgents.
After Kyle’s funeral, Cox said FITCO Cares plans a big push to put PTSD in the spotlight.
Littlefield’s funeral is planned for later this week.
No arrangements have yet been announced for Chris Kyle.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 10:47:01 AM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/texas/article/Records-Veteran-had-been-in-mental-hospital-4248233.php
Records: Veteran had been in mental hospital
February 4, 2013

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — The Iraq War veteran charged with killing a former Navy SEAL sniper and his friend on a Texas shooting range had been taken to a mental hospital twice in the past five months and told authorities he was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, police records show.
Routh, a member of the Marines Corps Reserve, was first taken to a mental hospital Sept. 2 after he threatened to kill his family and himself, according to police records in Lancaster, where Routh lives. Authorities found Routh walking nearby with no shirt and no shoes, and smelling of alcohol. Routh told authorities he was a Marine veteran who was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.

"Eddie stated he was hurting and that his family does not understand what he has been through," the report says.

Routh's mother told police her son had been drinking and became upset when his father said he was going to sell his gun. She said Routh began arguing with them and said he was going to "blow his brains out."

Police took Routh to Green Oaks Hospital for psychiatric care.

Dallas police records show Routh was taken back to the same mental hospital in mid-January after a woman called police and said she feared for Routh's safety.

Green Oaks will not release patient information, citing privacy laws. Most people brought by police to the hospital are required to stay at least 48 hours.

In another brush with authorities, Lancaster police in May responded to a burglary reported by Routh's mother that included nine pill bottles. Police say Routh was involved but no other details were available.

Routh joined the Marines in 2006 and rose to the rank of corporal in 2010. His military specialty was small-arms technician, commonly known as an armorer. He had been stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C., and served in Iraq from 2007-08 and in the Haiti disaster relief mission in 2010.

He is now in the individual ready reserve. He could be called to duty, but it's uncommon unless he volunteers, 1st Lt. Dominic Pitrone of the Marine Forces Services public affairs office said.

Travis Cox, director of FITCO Cares — the nonprofit that Kyle set up to give in-home fitness equipment to physically and emotionally wounded veterans — said he believes that Kyle and Littlefield were helping Routh work through PTSD.

Cox didn't know how Routh and Kyle knew each other. He said the shooting range event was not a FITCO session.

Kyle, 38, left the Navy in 2009 after four tours of duty in Iraq, where he earned a reputation as one of the military's most lethal snipers. "American Sniper" was the No. 3 seller of paperbacks and hardcovers on Amazon as of Monday, and the hardcover was out of stock.

Littlefield, 35, was Kyle's friend, neighbor and "workout buddy," and also volunteered his time to work with veterans, Cox said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/190009161.html
Cowboys Stadium to host Chris Kyle service
February 6, 2013

DALLAS -- A memorial service for former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle has been set for 1 p.m. Monday, February 11 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, according to Kyle's Facebook page. The event will be open to the public.
Earlier Tuesady, the family of Chad Littlefield announced funeral services for the military veteran. They will take place Friday, February 8 at 2 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Midlothian, 1651 South Midlothian Parkway.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 10:46:43 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Leader-of-veterans-group-questions-PTSD-claim-in-sniper-murder-190136361.html
Vets group leader questions PTSD claim in sniper murder
February 7, 2013

::snipping2::Driscoll is the president and executive director of the Armed Forces Foundation, a Washington D.C.-based charity that organizes special events for troops, and helps pay the bills of wounded veterans and their families.
The foundation also educates the public about post-traumatic stress disorder in servicemen and servicewomen returning from the battlefield.
“A lot of people are afflicted with it,” Driscoll said.
One person who has claimed to be afflicted is former Marine Eddie Routh, the man accused of the cold-blooded killings of Kyle and Littlefield at a Glen Rose gun range last weekend.
Driscoll doesn’t doubt Routh's claim, but her study of the issue leads her to issue this caution: “This is the first thing people claim when they do something stupid."
Driscoll says before the pubic makes its judgment in this case (and certainly before a jury does), it’s imperative we get a better understanding of exactly what was going on with Eddie Routh long before last weekend; and for that matter, before he ever entered the military.

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 01:15:49 AM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/expert-sniper-will-be-buried-in-austin
Expert sniper will be buried in Austin
Procession will start in Midlothian on Tuesday

February 7, 2013

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Former Navy SEAL and expert sniper Chris Kyle will be buried at the Texas State Cemetery in East Austin on Tuesday.

The Department of Public Safety is coordinating the escort from Midlothian to Austin on Tuesday.

According to the Dallas Morning News, the processional will begin on US-67, just west of US 287 at approximately 9 a.m. and continue south and then on IH-35 to Austin.

A public memorial for Kyle is scheduled for Monday at 1 p.m. at the Cowboys Stadium.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/cops-photos-show-navy-sniper-death-18435880
Cops: Photos May Show Navy Sniper Before Death
February 8, 2013

A cellphone seized from the home of an Iraq War veteran accused of killing a former Navy SEAL sniper and his friend may contain pictures of him with the victims before their deaths at a Texas shooting range, according to police documents released Thursday.

The phone, a box of 9 mm ammunition, drug paraphernalia and a blue-jean jacket were seized from Eddie Ray Routh's home after he was arrested and allegedly confessed to shooting "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle and his friend, Chad Littlefield, according to a Lancaster Police Department search warrant affidavit, inventory sheet and other documents.

Police in the Dallas suburb also have obtained search warrants for the cellphone's pictures, text messages and recently called or missed phone numbers.

Routh, 25, is charged with one count of capital murder and two counts of murder. He remains jailed in Erath County on $3 million bond.
More...
Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 11:56:20 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/news/Nearly-1000-people-say-goodbye-to-Chad-Littlefield-190482351.html
Nearly 1,000 people say goodbye to Chad Littlefield
February 8, 2013

MIDLOTHIAN, Texas -- Three days from now, Chad Littlefield would have celebrated his birthday with his wife, Leanne, and their daughter, Morgan.

But on Friday, his family and friends celebrated every year and every memory they had with him at his funeral at First Baptist Church of Midlothian.

"We came because we love them," said Pam Harris, a friend of the Littlefield family. "Being strong through this -- how you can you prepare for anything like this? They are just wonderful people."
More...

Video at Link

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/Funeral-procession-route-not-yet-revealed--190481061.html
Sniper's funeral procession to draw enormous crowd; route not revealed
February 8, 2013

ALVARADO -- Though they don't know exactly where they'll see it, the people at VFW Post 9299 know what they'd like to see.

"It would be nice to be wall-to-wall, all the way from here to the destination," said Robin McCullough, who has coordinated patriotic displays by the post. "It would be nice to get out there early, and line the roads and bridges with American flags."

The post in Alvarado might be right along the route of the procession carrying former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle's body to Austin, but it might not be. Police will not reveal the exact plans because of safety concerns.

But we do know the procession will be long -- planners say the procession from Midlothian to Austin could be between one-to-three miles in length. Patriot Guard Riders are rumbling in from all over on their motorcycles.
McCullough  and Key are not alone in wanting to show Kyle and his family respect and support. There's an spreading effort on Facebook encouraging Texans to line I-35 Tuesday morning.

People in Waco are already mapping out the best places. Waco American history teacher Mary Duty, who has a son who served, is behind one of the Facebook postings.

"My vision would be people lined up shoulder-to-shoulder, flag-to-flag, all the way to Austin," she said after school Friday. "Chris Kyle saved many many lives in Iraq. We know he did, and beside the lives he saved in Iraq, he was working to save lives here at home."

The principal at her school has offered a school bus so Mary can take students to the route and offer Kyle and his family a proper salute.

So many believe Kyle deserves a tribute like no other. And from all indications, he'll get it.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 09:03:40 AM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/tarrant/More-details-emerge-about-Chris-Kyle-memorial-at-Cowboys-Stadium-190564101.html
More details emerge about Chris Kyle memorial at Cowboys Stadium
February 9, 2013

Final details are being worked out this weekend for Chris Kyle's memorial service at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington on Monday.
The former Navy SEAL sniper and another man were shot and killed last weekend at an Erath County gun range.
Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and the service starts at 1 p.m.
Lots 1, 2, and 10 will be open for parking.
No cameras, bags or purses will be permitted inside the stadium.
Visitors can bring flowers for the field; they should be dropped off Monday morning at Gates A and K. The flowers will later be donated to veterans hospitals.
Officials have also released route information for the 200-mile funeral procession on Tuesday to escort Kyle's casket from Midlothian to Austin.
The route will start  at 8 a.m. and will travel from the Multi-Purpose Stadium south on 14th Street to U.S. 287. The procession will then travel south on Interstate 35E to Austin bound for the Texas State Cemetery at 909 Navasota Street.
Motorists along the route are alerted to expect delays during the four-to-five hour motorcade which will include military personnel, first responders and Patriot Guard Riders.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »

http://austin.ynn.com/content/top_stories/290403/retired-navy-seal-chris-kyle-laid-to-rest-in-texas-state-cemetery
Retired Navy SEAL Chris Kyle laid to rest in Texas State Cemetery
February 13, 2013

Retired Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle was laid to rest in the Texas State Cemetery Tuesday afternoon.

His funeral procession began about 8:00 in the morning in Midlothian, Tex. just south of Dallas and Fort Worth, and traveled south on Interstate 35. Thousands of motorcyclists, police vehicles and buses made the trip to Austin.

On the side of the highway and on overpasses along the way, Central Texans showed their support, waving signs and American flags.

In Waco, the procession was joined by motorcycle riders from the Central Texas chapter of the Patriot Guard. The riders organized Tuesday not only for the fallen Navy SEAL, but for every man and woman who has served.
On Monday, thousands paid their respects at a memorial service at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. Nearly 7,000 people attended the service and thousands made the trip to Austin to lay him to rest.

Video & Slide Show at Link

Rest in peace.   an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 07:00:38 PM »

http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/Routh-family-statement-193397091.html
Family of man accused of killing Chris Kyle issues first statement
February 26, 2013

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 02:30:29 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/home/Artist-brings-Chris-Kyle-statue-from-Florida-to-Arlington-196231791.html
Artist brings Chris Kyle statue to Texas
March 7, 2013

ARLINGTON, Texas -- "He's in there. Get ready for something special," said Greg Marra as he climbed inside the trailer of a pristine moving van, and examined a seven-foot-tall wooden crate.

It contained a life-sized statue of murdered former Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.

Marra sculpted it at his studio in Florida. It arrived Thursday afternoon at Schaefer Art Bronze Casting in Arlington, where the artist helped unload it and prepare it for bronzing.
Video at Link

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.