March 28, 2024, 09:17:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Cal - 3 Murdered - Manhunt Underway for Former LAPD Cop - Hit List(DEAD)  (Read 43274 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/10/us/lapd-attacks/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Los Angeles puts up $1 million reward for Dorner
By Matt Smith, CNN
updated 5:37 PM EST, Sun February 10, 2013

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Los Angeles put up a $1 million reward Sunday for the capture and conviction of Christopher Dorner, a renegade former police officer they say has killed three people in a self-proclaimed war on his old department.

"We will not tolerate anyone undermining the security, the tranquility of our neighborhoods and our communities," Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa told reporters. "We will not tolerate this reign of terror that has robbed us of the peace of mind that residents of Southern California deserve. We will not tolerate this murderer remaining at large."

The offer -- raised in conjunction with businesses, private donors and community groups -- is "the largest ever offered to our knowledge," Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said.
 ::snipping2::
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 06:03:52 PM »

Could it be that the finding of weapons and camping gear inside the charred ruins of Dorner's vehicle implies he is still in the Bear Mountain area ... dead or alive?

Janet

+++++

Authorities announce $1 million reward for ex-cop suspected in 3 killings
Published February 10, 2013

Seeking leads as the massive manhunt for Christopher Dorner -- the former Los Angeles police officer suspected in three killings -- progressed into its fourth day, authorities on Sunday announced a $1 million reward for information leading to his arrest.

LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa announced the reward at a news conference at Los Angeles Police Department headquarters.

“This search is not a matter of if, but a matter of when," he said. "I want Chris Dorner to know that.”

Villaraigosa called Dorner's actions a "reign of terror," but expressed confidence that he would be brought to justice.

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck urged the public to submit information to authorities to decrease the chances of Dorner making another possible attack.

"His actions cannot go unanswered," Beck said.

Meanwhile, authorities said camping gear was found along with weapons inside Dorner's burned-out pickup truck. The vehicle found Thursday in the ski resort town of Big Bear Lake was so charred that investigators couldn't be more specific about the nature of its contents, Lopez said.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/10/searchers-struggle-to-pick-up-trail-former-los-angeles-cop-wanted-in-killing/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 10:32:49 PM »

Wednesday funeral for ambushed Riverside officer
Sunday, February 10, 2013

RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- A funeral is scheduled this week for the Riverside Police Department officer who was allegedly shot and killed by fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner.

Riverside authorities announced on the department's website that 34-year-old Michael Crain's funeral is set for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Grove Community Church. The ceremony will include an Honor Guard procession followed by interment at Riverside National Cemetery.

Crain, a resident of Anaheim and a father of two, was an 11-year veteran of the force.

Authorities say Dorner ambushed Crain and his 27-year-old partner while they were stopped at a red light in Riverside Thursday.

The 27-year-old officer, who was also struck by gunfire, is expected to survive.

<snipped>

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/state&id=8987724

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 02:16:57 PM »

After reading the entire manifesto … I conclude that there may be truth to Chris Dorner’s claim that his termination was orchestrated to protect the accused officer and/or prevent a lawsuit from being filed against the LAPD but … maybe not ... I could be wrong. Nevertheless … Dorner’s method of “retaliation” in an attempt to receive validation from what he believes is an injustice indicates a thinking process that is beyond warped.

In 2005 ... a corrupt Aruban/Dutch investigation h--- bent on protecting a murderer and ... denying justice to a victim ... could have driven a mother to seek revenge ... to give up on life but ... it didn't. She made a choice to embrace her faith in God and turn "tragedy into triump."  Maybe ... just maybe ... if Chris Dorner had God in his life ... currently there would be no reign of terror taking place in Southern California.

Murder Suspect Chris Dorner's Online Manifesto

"I'm not an aspiring rapper, I'm not a gang member, I'm not a dope dealer, I don't have multiple babies momma's. I am an American by choice, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a military service member, I am a man who has lost complete faith in the system, when the system betrayed, slandered, and libeled me. I lived a good life and though NOT A RELIGIOUS MAN I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn't need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It's in my DNA."

http://wap.myfoxla.com/w/main/story/84473837/?sp=1

Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 103: All my life I've heard people of many faiths talk about "taking it to the cross and turning it over to the Lord" or just simply "turning it over. Not the work that has to be done. Just the burden. I cast it upon Him so that I may be sustained. And I am renewed, resilient

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day. I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me. It's not easy. I ask God to help me.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passes all understanding,shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 03:54:07 PM »

LAPD investigating hundreds of tips in manhunt for fugitive ex-officer Christopher Dorner
Published February 11, 2013

Los Angeles authorities are investigating more than 600 tips after announcing a $1 million reward Sunday for information leading to the arrest of a fugitive ex-cop wanted in the murders of three people.

The trail for 33-year-old Christopher Dorner went cold Thursday after authorities found Dorner's burned-out pickup truck near the California ski resort town of Big Bear in the San Bernardino Mountains. Police have since said they discovered weapons and camping gear inside the vehicle.

The search scaled down as the weekend went on, but a helicopter with heat-seeking technology scanned the area as two dozen officers went back to some of the 600 cabins they earlier visited door to door.

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said despite the dwindling search, there was not another area that appeared more likely than Big Bear where Dorner might be, saying the suspect's chances to plan beforehand may have helped him remain elusive.

"We have nothing currently better, Beck said at Sunday's news conference.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/11/1-million-reward-offered-for-ex-cop-as-latest-probe-possible-sighting-proves/?test=latestnews

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 06:28:40 PM »

Fugitive ex-cop Dorner holed up in cabin, exchanging gunfire with police
Published February 12, 2013

Police were in a fierce gunfight with the fugitive ex-LAPD cop suspected of killing three and declaring war on the force, with the wanted man holed up in a cabin in the San Bernardino Mountains, law enforcement sources said.

Two police officers were reportedly injured, and it was not known if Christopher Dorner was hit in the dramatic battle that unfolded early Tuesday afternoon in the resort area of Big Bear. A police source told The Associated Press Dorner, who has vowed not to be taken alive, earlier burglarized a cabin on the mountain resort area where days ago his truck was found burning. Two people were bound inside the cabin, but one managed to escape and call authorities around 12:50 p.m. local time.

Moments later, fish and game wardens spotted a suspected stolen car near the scene and tried to stop it near Big Bear Lake, authorities said. The driver, believed to have been Dorner, fled on foot, exchanging gunfire, sources told Fox News. Hours later, police were believed to have Dorner cornered in a cabin, exchanging gunfire with the suspect. Police were unable to say what weapons Dorner had, but said he was augmenting his gunfire with smoke grenades. It was not known if he was alone in the cabin or if it was the same cabin he had burglarized earlier.

San Bernardino police were on the scene the county Sheriff's Department shut down Highway 38 to create a choke point, sources told Fox News. Four area schools were on lockdown.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/12/fugitive-ex-cop-exchanges-fire-with-authorities-ap-source-says/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »

Dorner cornered in Big Bear: Time on authorities' side?
Date Feb 12, 2013

Video:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2160744795001/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 07:01:45 PM »

Fugitive ex-cop Dorner holed up in cabin, exchanging gunfire with police

Police were in a fierce gunfight with the fugitive ex-LAPD cop suspected of killing three and declaring war on the force, with the wanted man holed up in a cabin in the San Bernardino Mountains, law enforcement sources said.

Two police officers were reportedly injured, and it was not known if Christopher Dorner was hit in the dramatic battle that unfolded early Tuesday afternoon in the resort area of Big Bear. A police source told The Associated Press Dorner, who has vowed not to be taken alive, earlier burglarized a cabin on the mountain resort area where days ago his truck was found burning. Two people were bound inside the cabin, but one managed to escape and call authorities around 12:50 p.m. local time.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/12/fugitive-ex-cop-exchanges-fire-with-authorities-ap-source-says/

CNN just reported that one of the injured officers has died.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 07:07:38 PM »

Christopher Dorner shootout: 1 deputy killed, 1 wounded, sources say
February 12, 2013 3:45 PM

One of the deputies involved in a gun battle Tuesday afternoon with fugitive former police officer Christopher Dorner has died of his wounds, law enforcement sources told The Times.

The San Bernardino County sheriff's deputy was airlifted to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, according to the sources.

Another deputy was also wounded in the shootout near a cabin where Dorner was believed to be holed up in the snow-covered mountains near Big Bear. His condition was not immediately known.

<snipped>

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/manhunt-deputy-dies-after-shootout.html

_____

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 07:13:15 PM »

Ex-LA cop believed barricaded in S. Calif. cabin
 6:45 (EST) Feb 13, 2013

Dorner served in the Navy, earning a rifle marksman ribbon and pistol expert medal. He was assigned to a naval undersea warfare unit and various aviation training units, according to military records. He took leave from the LAPD for a six-month deployment to Bahrain in 2006 and 2007.

http://news.msn.com/us/ex-cop-exchanges-fire-with-authorities

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »

Christopher Dorner held couple hostage in cabin, source says
February 12, 2013 |  2:43 pm

Before the shootout, Christopher Dorner allegedly broke into a cabin days ago in the San Bernardino Mountains, tied up the couple inside and held them hostage until he left Tuesday morning, a source said.

Then Dorner was allegedly spotted by state Fish and Wildlife officers in a white pickup truck, the source said. When they attempted to stop him, Dorner crashed the truck during a chase and exchanged gunfire with the officers as he fled into another cabin, where he was quickly surrounded by San Bernardino County sheriff’s deputies, the source said.

Dorner is now surrounded by police inside a Big Bear area cabin after allegedly getting into a gun battle that left two San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies wounded.

The source said one deputy was hit as Dorner fired out of the cabin and a second was injured when Dorner exited the back of the cabin, deployed a smoke bomb and opened fire again in an apparent attempt to flee. Dorner was driven back inside the cabin, the source said.

<snipped>

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/dorner-cabin-couple-hostage.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 07:34:32 PM »

Newsman finds himself in middle of shootout

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/12/newsman-finds-himself-in-middle-shootout/

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 07:35:52 PM »

Fugitive ex-cop Dorner holed up in cabin, 1 officer killed in shootout

FoxNews.com

One police officer was killed and another hurt in a fierce gunfight with a fugitive ex-LAPD cop who remained holed up in a cabin in the San Bernardino Mountains, law enforcement sources said.

It was not known if Christopher Dorner was hit in the dramatic battle that unfolded Tuesday afternoon in the resort area of Big Bear. Dorner, who has vowed not to be taken alive, was firing at police and using smoke grenades. Reports said hundreds of rounds were fired in the gun battle, and Dorner is believed to have smoke grenades and gas canisters in addition to guns.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2013, 07:58:50 PM »

Fugitive ex-cop believed dead, as cabin stronghold goes up in flames

The dramatic manhunt for a fugitive ex-LAPD cop who killed at least four people apparently ended when the cabin he holed up in went up in flames, with ammunition exploding and smoke billowing up into the mountain air.

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »

Christopher Dorner May Have Perished in Cabin Fire
February 12, 2013

A few minutes ago the cabin where Christopher Dorner is believe to be barricaded in began blaze on fire. According to news reports,  a shot was heard as the fire erupted. The cabin is still surrounded by 100 police officers. Authorities  are preparing to make a move.  At the moment no more shots have been fire.

As it stands now it appears, Christopher Dorner may have perished in cabin Fire.

<snipped>

http://guardianlv.com/2013/02/christopher-dorner-may-have-perished-in-cabin-fire-live-video/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 08:32:31 PM »

Source: SWAT team moves in, fire engulfs cabin where Dorner believed to be
updated 7:45 PM EST, Tue February 12, 2013

Near Big Bear Lake, California (CNN) -- A SWAT team has stormed a cabin near Big Bear Lake where a suspect believed to be renegade ex-Los Angeles police officer Christopher Jordan Dorner had holed up after a fatal shootout with sheriff's deputies, a source familiar with the operation told CNN.

The cabin caught fire after police detonated smoke devices inside the cabin, the source said.

Aerial images showed heavy smoke and flames coming from a structure.

<snipped>

Video:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/12/us/lapd-attacks/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 08:39:35 PM »

LIVE FEED

Cop-Killer Standoff: Aerials

http://live.foxnews.com/#/1155606216001

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 10:43:19 PM »

Reports: Dorner Believed to be Dead
Posted on: 4:37 pm, February 12, 2013
updated on: 10:05pm, February 12, 2013

(CNN) — Multiple law enforcement sources tell CNN contributor Tom Fuentes that law enforcement on the scene have pulled a dead body out of the burning house in Big Bear Lake, California, and are conducting a forensic exam to identify the body.

The same law enforcement sources are told by the Los Angeles Police Department that the body is that of ex-LAPD officer Christopher J. Dorner, subject of a massive manhunt.

A press conference is scheduled for midnight.

A SWAT team stormed a cabin near Big Bear Lake where a suspect believed to be the renegade ex-Los Angeles police officer had holed up after a fatal shootout with sheriff’s deputies, a source familiar with the operation told CNN.

The cabin caught fire after police detonated smoke devices inside the cabin, the source said.

Aerial images showed heavy smoke and flames coming from a structure.

<snipped>

Video:
http://fox8.com/2013/02/12/authorities-dorner-spotted-involved-in-robbery/

_____

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 10:53:47 PM »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/12/16938301-charred-body-found-in-cabin-identified-as-ex-lapd-fugitive-says-source-in-la-mayors-office?lite
February 12, 2013

Charred body found in cabin identified as ex-LAPD fugitive, says source in LA mayor's office
By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News

A charred body identified by a source as the corpse of former LAPD cop Christopher Dorner was found Tuesday night in the torched mountainside cabin where he had barricaded himself after killing one sheriff’s deputy and wounding a second in a gun battle.

The source, from Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's office, told NBC News that the LAPD had confirmed to the mayor that the body found in the cabin is Dorner's
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 11:38:18 PM »

In a news conference ~8 PM California time, LAPD said no investigators had entered the burning cabin in Big Bear because it is too hot to enter. They denied previous reports that a body had been found and said they had no idea how reports of a body being found began.

They also said it could take days or weeks to identify any body if one is found.

But the press always wants to be first to report news, whether it is factual or not.

I do hope that the terror this man has created is over.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.