March 28, 2024, 01:01:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Cal - 3 Murdered - Manhunt Underway for Former LAPD Cop - Hit List(DEAD)  (Read 43276 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2013, 01:11:05 PM »

Monica Quan and Keith Lawrence

[/quote]

Michael Crain

Jeremiah McKay

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2013, 01:25:34 PM »

Daily Commentary – Thursday, February 14, 2013 – The Chris Dorner Saga Takes a Sickening Twist

While Chris Dorner was shooting it out with authorities in Big Bear, fans on Twitter were cheering him on

Posted February 14, 2013 by Klaasend

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/02/14/daily-commentary-thursday-february-14-2013-the-chris-dorner-saga-takes-a-sickening-twist/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2013, 07:19:25 PM »

Chris Dorner investigation: Charred remains positively identified as Chris DornerThursday, February 14, 2013

YUCAIPA, Calif. (KABC) -- The charred human remains found in a burned out cabin have been positively identified as Chris Dorner, the sheriff's department announced Thursday.

Positive identification was made through dental examination in the autopsy. Dorner's driver's license and some other personal effects were found with the body, authorities said.

<snipped>

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8993351

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2013, 08:57:58 PM »

Fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner died from gunshot to head, sheriff says
Published February 15, 2013

SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. –  Fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner apparently killed himself as the cabin he was barricaded in caught fire following a shootout with officers, police revealed Friday while also confirming he spent most of his time on the run in a condominium just steps away from the command center set up to find him."The information that we have right now seems to indicate that the wound that took Christopher Dorner's life was self-inflicted," sheriff's Cpt. Kevin Lacy told reporters at a news conference.

Authorities initially were unsure whether Dorner killed himself, had been struck by a deputy's bullet or had died in a fire that engulfed the cabin during the shootout, which included police sending tear gas canisters inside.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/15/fugitive-ex-cop-christopher-dorner-died-from-gunshot-to-head-sheriff-says/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2013, 01:55:35 PM »

Considering Chris Dorner could still be continuing his "reign of terror" if it were not for the 911 calls from the Reynolds and Rick Heltebrake ... there is something very wrong if these people are not participants of the rewards.  IMO

Janet

++++++

$1.1M reward for Christopher Dorner may go uncollected

<snipped>

The $1 million pledged by the city was "for information that will lead to Mr. Dorner's capture." Another $100,000 pledged by the L.A. City Council had similar language, stating the money was for information "leading to the identification, apprehension and conviction of Christopher Dorner." ....

If officials take a looser view of the reward language, possible candidates for collection are Karen and Jim Reynolds, who called 911 after having been tied up by Dorner, who then stole their car.

"We didn't even think about any of that until sitting around the sheriff's station," Karen Reynolds told CBS. "We just kind of started joking about it.”

Another person who helped police zero in on Dorner was Rick Heltebrake, who contacted a local sheriff’s deputy after he was carjacked by Dorner.

"I called him directly. He goes, 'Whatcha got, Rick?' I said, 'Paul, he just took my truck,'" Heltebrake told the network

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/15/1m-reward-for-christopher-dorner-may-go-uncollected/

_____

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »

Considering Chris Dorner could still be continuing his "reign of terror" if it were not for the 911 calls from the Reynolds and Rick Heltebrake ... there is something very wrong if these people are not participants of the rewards.  IMO

Janet

++++++

$1.1M reward for Christopher Dorner may go uncollected

<snipped>

The $1 million pledged by the city was "for information that will lead to Mr. Dorner's capture." Another $100,000 pledged by the L.A. City Council had similar language, stating the money was for information "leading to the identification, apprehension and conviction of Christopher Dorner." ....

If officials take a looser view of the reward language, possible candidates for collection are Karen and Jim Reynolds, who called 911 after having been tied up by Dorner, who then stole their car.

"We didn't even think about any of that until sitting around the sheriff's station," Karen Reynolds told CBS. "We just kind of started joking about it.”

Another person who helped police zero in on Dorner was Rick Heltebrake, who contacted a local sheriff’s deputy after he was carjacked by Dorner.

"I called him directly. He goes, 'Whatcha got, Rick?' I said, 'Paul, he just took my truck,'" Heltebrake told the network

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/15/1m-reward-for-christopher-dorner-may-go-uncollected/

I'm a little torn about a $million dollar reward here. While I'm all for using the reward money to re-imburse anyone who had a monetary loss (i.e. replace the cabin, vehicles etc.) -- I don't think merely contacting law enforcement to report a crime against you entitles you to the reward for their capture. -JMO

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2013, 11:55:08 AM »

The murders of Monica Quan, Keith Lawrence, Michael Crain and Jeremiah McKay imply that any vindication of Chris Dorner in regards to his allegations of wrongdoing against him by the LAPD is a non-issue ... is undeserved.  IMO

Janet

++++++

Protesters show support for Christopher Dorner
February 16, 2013 |  1:44 pm

Dozens of protesters gathered outside the Los Angeles Police Department headquarters downtown Saturday afternoon, holding signs of support for Christopher Dorner, the fired police officer suspected of killing four people.

Those gathered said they were protesting police corruption and the way the massive manhunt for Dorner was conducted. Authorities said Dorner appears to have died from a self-inflected gunshot wound after a shootout with police in Big Bear on Tuesday, ending a deadly rampage that stretched across Southern California.

Protesters said they believed Dorner’s claims that he was unfairly fired from the department in 2009 – grievances described in a lengthy online manifesto that has been attributed to him. Dorner also claimed that he was the victim of racism.

Protesters also said they were appalled by police mistakenly shooting at passengers in two separate trucks in Torrance, wrongly believing Dorner might be in the vehicles. One woman was shot in the back and is still recovering.

The protesters emphasized that they did not condone the killings of which Dorner is accused.

<snipped>

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/protesters-show-support-for-christopher-dorner.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »

Whacko Protesters Gather Outside the Los Angeles Police Department Headquarters Saturday in Show of Support for Christopher Dorner … Occupy Los Angeles Honors Cop Killler

Posted February 16, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/02/16/whacko-protesters-gather-outside-the-los-angeles-police-department-headquarters-saturday-in-show-of-support-for-christopher-dorner/

_____

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2013, 07:22:39 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/groups-balk-paying-1-3-million-cop-killer-151606346--abc-news-topstories.html

Groups Balk at Paying $1.3 Million Cop Killer Reward
By Lawrence Dechant | ABC News – 5 hrs ago.
 ::snipping2::
When ex-cop Christopher Dorner was hunting down Los Angeles police and their families, more than $1 million in reward money was raised for help in his capture and conviction.

Now that there are two sets of claims to the reward money, the groups that pledged the money are balking at paying because Dorner wasn't captured or convicted. He died Feb. 12 when he shot himself in the head after being cornered by police and the subsequent gunbattle set fire to the house where he was barricaded
"We were given a specific criteria for issuance of the reward…. So now we are polling by mail to see … if member directors want to continue becoming part of the reward or not," Cottingham said.

In addition to the $1 million reward, three separate $100,000 rewards were offered by the counties of Los Angeles and Riverside and the Los Angeles City Council.
Kirk Hallam, an attorney for Jim and Karen Reynolds, told ABC News that other groups are also considering withdrawing their reward pledges because Dorner was killed, not captured and convicted.

The Reynolds, who were tied up in their cabin by Dorner and called police when they got free, have put in a claim for the reward.

So has Rick Heltebrake, who Dorner carjacked after he fled the Reynolds' cabin. He claims his phone call to authorities led to Dorner's capture.

But it's not clear whether any of them will be able to collect.

Riverside has already decided to not pay up. Riverside city spokeswoman Cindie Perry told ABCNews.com that the "criteria set forth by the committee was not met, therefore no reward will be given."
The lawyer said the wording of the reward offer is not a loophole for the money to not be paid because California law allows for "conviction" rewards to be paid when the wanted person dies on the effort to apprehend him.

"California law Penal Code 1547E states that local government is authorized to issue rewards that are paid on the capture and/or conviction of the suspect, and if the suspect dies, in the course of a police dispute or while in police custody then the requirement that he be convicted is eliminated," Hallam said.
more and vid @link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2013, 09:57:41 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-1-million-dorner-reward-20130507,0,5695941.story
Couple held captive to get lion's share of Dorner reward
May 7, 2013

A couple held captive by former L.A. police Officer Christopher Dorner, a tow truck driver and a gas station attendant will split what it is anticipated to be a $1-million reward in the case, authorities  announced Tuesday afternoon.

Jim and Karen Reynolds, who called 911 after they escaped from being bound and gagged by Dorner, will get 80% of the reward, which will be paid in installments, the Los Angeles Police Department said in a 12-page report made public Tuesday afternoon.

Daniel M. McGowan, a Snow Summit ski resort employee, will receive 15% of the reward. He called authorities after spotting Dorner's burning truck in the Big Bear area, which led officers to focus their search in the snow-covered San Bernardino Mountains.
Tow truck driver R. Lee McDaniel will get the remaining 5%. He reported Dorner's truck and license plate to police in Corona, hours after authorities had launched a manhunt for the ex-LAPD officer.

The first reward installment to be divided will be $300,000, police officials said. The rest will be paid later, a decision determined by a panel of three retired judges who oversaw the process.

Among those not receiving any money is Richard Heltebrake, a camp ranger who was carjacked by Dorner in the Big Bear area and who had filed a claim seeking a piece of the reward pie. His phone call "did not lead to information leading to Dorner's capture," the report said, adding that officers had already spotted the fugitive in a white pickup.

Originally, at least 11 parties submitted claims for the $1-million reward that was announced during the manhunt for the ex-LAPD officer, who went on the lam after being identified as a suspect in the slaying of an Irvine couple.

In announcing updated guidelines for the reward last month, the LAPD said retired judges would make the determination of who gets the $1 million.

The reward -- a collection of smaller donations from numerous agencies, groups and individuals -- was initially offered for Dorner's "capture and conviction."

But that became irrelevant under the new criteria because Dorner was chased into a cabin near Big Bear, where he eventually shot himself.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.