March 28, 2024, 09:11:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Millions of poverty-striken Bulgarians want to move to Britain"  (Read 2413 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 10, 2013, 02:59:42 PM »

A lesson for America?

In a nationwide poll, a total of 54 per cent said that they would like to escape their poverty-stricken country and seek a better life here. The scale of the influx will send a shudder through Whitehall and could bolster Ukip’s campaign in the Eastleigh by-election in Hampshire later this month.

The Sunday Express took Ukip’s deputy leader Paul Nuttall to Bulgaria last week to see whether rumours of a stampede of migrants were exaggerated. During the three-day trip a poll of 4,400 people by the national television channel BTV delivered the startling result that more than half the population of 7.5 million have their sights set on Britain.

What if half the population of South America decided to relocate to the US?  Not illegals, but 'undocumented immigrants'?

“When they come to the UK, however, and encounter our own 22 per cent youth unemployment, they will realise it’s not so easy to find a job. There will only be one place to go – straight on to the benefits system. It’s the last thing our country can afford at a time when we are on the brink of another recession.”

Where will 100 million undocumented immigrants go every year?  Welfare?  Free government phones?  Free housing, schooling, food stamps, Medicaid?

read more here - http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/376733/Millions-of-poverty-striken-Bulgarians-want-to-move-to-Britain

The pictures of poverty are terrible.

From the end of the article - "“You need to ensure that your brightest stay and make your own country economically prosperous instead of coming to the  UK to serve tea and coffee,” he said. "

In America, we don't seem to grow a lot of bright young people...why?  Poor schools?  Who is responsible for the schools?  Failed parents?  Failed politicians? 

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 03:02:51 PM »

Some of the hardest working and most successful immigrants I know came from the poorest countries, went to schools without books, paper, or shoes.  They came legally and were grateful for the opportunity.  They look around and wonder how someone can't be successful with 'all this'.  There was no enticement of welfare or free government phones.

What kind of people do you get when the government goes out and advertises the welfare state?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 03:21:21 PM »

From the start of 2014 there will be no barriers to prevent an influx from both Bulgaria and Romania as people come to find work or draw benefits. Experts have warned of a “significant spike” of newcomers. In 2004 the Labour government allowed free migration to the UK for workers from EU accession states including Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic but its predictions that only 13,000 people a year would arrive proved wildly out. Official statistics show more than 600,000 Eastern Europeans are now working in Britain.

...It is easy to see why families would want to escape their grinding poverty and leave a country in the grip of political corruption and criminal gangs. But it is impossible to see how a mass influx of tens of thousands of desperate and poverty-stricken Bulgarians will benefit Britain

read more here - http://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/376748/Flood-of-poor-Bulgarian-immigrants-is-more-pressure-on-resources

How will open borders benefit Americans?  I don't think it will....

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »

Yes we are a soft touch, The UK's a marshmallow

Headlines in a different Sunday newspaper a couple of weeks ago.

Single parent Lithuaniun woman brags that she can receive £14,000 per year in benefits.

She refuses to have a job unless paid £25K but gets clothing allowance for interviews for jobs she will never take. She also gets housing benefits and Fruit and vegetable vouchers and said she would grab everything she could.

Headline last week (Different paper again) 360,000 immigrants claim 4 Billion in unemployment benefits. Twice was from statistics in January 2012.

If we could not find them work then how can we do it now or in the future.

Look at the other side of the coin. A person who has worked all their lives paying tax, N.I. , council tax will get from the government £7,500 in state pension and thats when they are allowed to retire

Something is going very very wrong and it is time all the media to the side of the public rather than sucking up to political parties
Emphasis added.

read more here - http://www.express.co.uk/comment/haveyoursay/376421/Is-Britain-a-soft-touch-on-immigrants

How many retirees/disabled people can only dream of an income like an illegal immigrant welfare recipient gets?  An illegal alien?

What's wrong in this country?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.