March 28, 2024, 09:05:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelsie Schelling, 21, missing since 2/4/13 Pueblo, CO arrest made/presumed dead  (Read 119635 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2017, 05:40:09 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/KRDONewsChannel13/photos/p.915759685141380/915759685141380

Justice for Kelsie!

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:21:40 PM by texasmom » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2017, 12:51:30 AM »

Another link to follow
http://www.koaa.com/story/35143490/pueblo-police-search-backyard-for-clues-in-2013-disappearance

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2017, 11:07:59 AM »

http://www.krdo.com/news/crime/pueblo-county-crime/alert-day-2-of-searching-at-the-former-home-of-kelsie-schellings-ex-boyfriend-latest-in-app/450675697

Day 2 of searching at the former home of Kelsie Schelling's ex-boyfriend Friday
By: Chris Loveless
Posted: Apr 14, 2017 06:40 AM MDT
Updated: Apr 14, 2017 08:12 AM MDT

For a second day, investigators with the Pueblo Police Department and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation are searching a property where Kelsie Schelling's ex-boyfriend, Donthe Lucas, once lived.

The home is located in the 5100 block of Manor Ridge Road on the south side of the city.

The search, which includes digging up several areas in the backyard, began on Thursday. Police say they obtained a search warrant after receiving a new tip in Schelling's disappearance.

Schelling was last seen at the Walmart in the 4000 block of W. Northern Avenue on February 4, 2013.

The "20/20" report featured tapes of police interviewing Lucas after Schelling's disappearance. During an initial interview with police, Lucas told detectives he went with Schelling to Parkview Medical Center in Pueblo because she wasn't feeling well. Lucas said she went in for two hours and then came out and told him she wasn't pregnant anymore.

However, the medical center had no record of Schelling ever stepping foot in the building. Additionally, surveillance video from a bank showed Lucas driving up alone in Schelling's car and withdrawing $400 in cash from her bank account.

Police brought Lucas in for a second interview. He was interviewed by detectives Neal Robinson and Gabe Maldonado. The detectives confront Lucas about the cash and no trace of Schelling at Parkview Medical Center.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2017, 08:44:57 PM »

http://www.krdo.com/news/archive/judge-dismisses-schelling-family-lawsuit-targeting-pueblo-police-/35621502

Judge dismisses Schelling family lawsuit targeting Pueblo police
By: Chris Loveless 
Posted: Feb 26, 2016 06:32 PM MST
Updated: Apr 13, 2017 10:11 AM MDT

DENVER - A lawsuit that was filed against the City of Pueblo and three of its police officers has been tossed out.

The lawsuit was filed by the parents of Kelsie Schelling. The then 22-year-old from Denver disappeared in Pueblo in 2013.

In the lawsuit, Laura Saxton and Doug Schelling alleged that Donthe Lucas killed Schelling and that the police department mishandled the case.

Lucas and several of his relatives were also named in the suit. Lucas has denied having a relationship with Kelsie Schelling.

The family's attorney, Lonn Heymann, says they plan to refile their wrongful death suit against Donthe Lucas and the family members that were named in the original suit.  "Kelsie Schelling's parents are disappointed, but not entirely surprised. They understood that the federal civil rights law is not supportive of people challenging the police for failing to do their job. However, we believe there was a cause of action under these circumstances," Heymann said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2017, 09:55:14 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/police-digging-up-backyard-find-evidence-in-case-of-missing-pregnant-denver-woman-kelsie-schelling

Police digging up backyard find evidence in case of missing pregnant Denver woman Kelsie Schelling

TheDenverChannel.com Team
5:47 PM, Apr 14, 2017

PUEBLO, Colo. – Day two of the search of a Pueblo home and backyard connected to the case of a pregnant Denver woman who went missing four years ago has turned up some evidence, though police won’t say what kind.

Pueblo police and investigators with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation began searching at a home in the 5100 block of Manor Ridge Drive Thursday morning in the hope of finding new clues in the disappearance of Kelsie Schelling.

The home used to be occupied by Donthe Lucas, Schelling’s boyfriend and the father of her unborn child. Lucas has long been considered a suspect in the case but he has never been convicted on any charges.

On Friday, police told KRDO that investigators digging up the home’s backyard found some pieces of evidence. Though officers wouldn’t say what kind of evidence it is, they said it is not a body.

Schelling was 21 years old and eight weeks pregnant when she vanished on Feb. 4, 2013. She had her first doctor’s visit and had seen a sonogram of her baby earlier that day.

After the trip to the doctor and a shift at work, the Denver woman drove two hours south to Pueblo to visit Lucas, and has never been seen since.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2017, 09:59:57 PM »

http://www.koaa.com/story/35155313/pueblo-police-several-items-of-evidence-found-in-schelling-search

Pueblo Police: Several items of evidence found in Schelling search
Posted: Apr 14, 2017 5:08 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 14, 2017 5:08 PM CDT

Investigators collected several items of evidence from the backyard of a Pueblo home Friday in connection with the 2013 disappearance of Kelsie Schelling.

The police aren't saying exactly what they recovered, but it was small enough to fit in some paper bags. An excavator has been digging in the backyard for last two days. Teams of workers would then sift through the dirt by hand to see what came up.

"Of course we're looking for the conclusion and possibly a body, but we're saying right now is obviously we don't have a body," police said.

The search began in the backyard of a home in the 5100 block of Manor Ridge Drive Thursday after police received a new lead into the case. The grandmother of Donthe Lucas, Kelsie's then boyfriend and a person of interest in the case, used to live at the home but sold it in January.

On Thursday there were 23 people on duty at the site, and Friday there were 10. The expectation was to only conduct a one day search, and as a result many of the investigators are taking care of other matters today.

Police say the warrant will allow investigators to continue with the search for as long as necessary. Search crews are still digging but are expected to finish tonight.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2017, 04:47:39 PM »

http://www.krdo.com/news/top-stories/alert-investigators-digging-in-southwest-pueblo-neighborhood-open-app-for-what-we-know/474335411

Investigators digging in southwest Pueblo as part of Schelling search
By: Chris Loveless
Posted: May 01, 2017 01:06 PM MDT
Updated: May 01, 2017 02:04 PM MDT

PUEBLO, Colo. - Investigators from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and the Pueblo Police Department are working in a field in southwest Pueblo.

The work, which includes digging with heavy machinery, is happening near Savannah Drive and La Randa Drive.

The Pueblo Police Department confirms this operation is related to the ongoing search for Kelsie Schelling.

Schelling disappeared in 2013 after driving from Denver to Pueblo to tell her boyfriend that she was pregnant.

The police department says Schelling's boyfriend, Donthe Lucas, is a person of interest in her disappearance.

Police say the site that is being searched is within a 1-mile radius of a home Lucas used to live in. They say they have a checklist of areas they want to search, and this area is on that list. The focus of the search is on a drainage area. Muddy conditions from recent snow are hampering efforts.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »

http://www.koaa.com/story/35295083/cbi-begins-new-dig-in-schelling-disappearance-case

CBI begins new dig in Schelling disappearance case
Posted: May 01, 2017 1:15 PM CDT
Updated: May 01, 2017 2:15 PM CDT

PUEBLO -
Investigators with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation are back in Pueblo conducting a dig on the west side of the city.

News 5 is told this is related to the 2013 disappearance of Kelsie Schelling. Her mother is at the scene.

Schelling has been missing since February 4, 2013. She had just learned she was pregnant and drove from Denver to Pueblo to meet up with her boyfriend, Donthe Lucas, who was the last person who saw her. The family is offering a $50,000 reward for information in the case.

Crews are using a backhoe and shovels to excavate around a drainage ditch. The area isn't too far from a home on Manor Ridge where investigators searched two weeks ago.

An investigator stops to look at a piece of material uncovered by equipment |  KOAA

More digging in Pueblo as part of Kelsie Schelling search. This is open space west of the West Lee Hills neighborhood near Regency Park.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2017, 05:00:43 PM »

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Bloodhounds-brought-to-site-of-Kelsie-Schelling-search-421192153.html

Bloodhounds brought to site of Kelsie Schelling search

Posted: Wed 12:31 PM, May 03, 2017  |  Updated: Wed 12:42 PM, May 03, 2017

PUEBLO, Colo. (KKTV) - Law enforcement returned to the site of a search Monday as they continue looking for clues in the case of a woman four years missing.

Pueblo police detectives and agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation brought bloodhounds with them this time.

Authorities remained mum on what they are looking for, but police confirmed to reporter Adam Uhernik that the dogs specialize in sniffing out decomposing remains.

The search began Wednesday morning and ended shortly after noon. Police said nothing was found.

The search Wednesday, as with Monday, happened on undeveloped land behind the Regency neighborhood on the west end of Pueblo and is just 1 mile from the home of person of interest and Schelling ex Donthe Lucas.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2017, 02:56:09 PM »

hmmm   

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Former-home-of-Kelsie-Schellings-boyfriend-catches-fire-428905943.html

Former home of Kelsie Schelling's boyfriend catches fire

Posted: Fri 12:24 PM, Jun 16, 2017  |  Updated: Fri 12:32 PM, Jun 16, 2017

PUEBLO, Colo. (KKTV) - The residence that once housed the family of Kelsie Schelling's boyfriend had a small fire Friday morning.

Schelling is the 22-year-old who vanished more than four years ago. She was dating Donthe Lucas at the time and had just announced her pregnancy.

Lucas and his family were evicted from the home in October 2016 because they had, "not paid rent, ever."

The report of the fire came in just before 6:30 a.m. at the 5000 block of Manor Ridge Drive in Pueblo. Crews arrived quickly and were able to extinguish the flames.

Firefighters tell 11 News the fire was mostly external, just outside the garage. There was just minor damage.

The fire comes just two months after the home was searched by police. They dug up the backyard, searching for evidence in Schelling's case. Officers confirmed evidence was found, but would not say what that was.

Fire crews say the cause is still under investigation.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2017, 08:56:33 PM »

http://www.chieftain.com/news/pueblo/pueblo-home-tied-to-kelsie-schelling-investigation-catches-fire/article_af36873e-c33e-53e6-a9cb-b2b3170913c0.html

Pueblo home tied to Kelsie Schelling investigation catches fire

BY JON POMPIA THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN JPOMPIA@CHIEFTAIN.COM  JUN 16, 2017 UPDATED 2 HRS AGO

“The initial report was that the garage was on fire,” Duran said. “When the first company arrived, the residents of the home were attempting to put out the fire — on the exterior side of the garage — with fire extinguishers.”

While most of the blaze had been quelled, firefighters put out the remainder of the smoldering siding. A scorch mark about 7 feet high and several feet wide is clearly visible on the siding.

“The flames did not penetrate the siding, so the house sustained no significant damage. And no one was injured,” Duran said.

A preliminary fire investigation was conducted, with the initial indication that the fire is incendiary and, therefore, suspicious in nature.

“The investigation is still underway to determine if it was purposefully or accidentally set,” Duran said.

According to Capt. Eric Bravo of the Pueblo Police Department, law enforcement will also be investigating the incident.

“We do think it’s suspicious in nature and the location certainly sparks our interest,” Bravo said. “So we will be following up on that.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: June 16, 2017, 09:01:57 PM »

https://twitter.com/KSpencerKRDO/status/875785694517501953

Katie Spencer KRDO‏ @KSpencerKRDO  7h

Early morning fire at the former house of Donthe Lucas, Kelsie Schelling's ex-boyfriend @KRDONC13

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2017, 06:34:07 PM »

http://kdvr.com/2017/11/07/2013-cold-case-involving-a-missing-pregnant-woman-reopened-in-pueblo/

2013 cold case involving a missing pregnant woman reopened in Pueblo

POSTED 4:19 PM, NOVEMBER 7, 2017, BY ANN LAURICELLO

PUEBLO, Colo. — The Colorado Bureau of Investigation will breathe new life into a cold case involving a pregnant woman who went missing in 2013.

Kelsie Schelling, 21, was eight weeks pregnant when she disappeared four years ago.

The investigation and search for Kelsie Schelling will reopen Wednesday and will focus on the areas near where Schelling was last known to be in southwestern Pueblo.

Schelling’s mother, Laura Saxton, said her daughter disappeared shortly after she texted a photo of her ultrasound to her ex-boyfriend, Donthe Lucas.

Schelling was last seen at the Walmart store in the 4000 block of West Northern Avenue in Pueblo on Feb. 4, 2013.

She reportedly texted a photo of her eight-week ultrasound to Lucas, then made the two-hour trip from Denver to Pueblo to meet Lucas at his request.

She arrived at the Walmart just after 11 p.m., and nearly an hour later, texted that she was “tired of waiting.”

Lucas asked her to meet on a street near his grandmother’s house; a half hour later, she wrote: “Where are you … I’ve been here for over an hour just waiting.”

She was never heard from again.

Lucas later withdrew $400 from an ATM using Schelling’s card. He was also seen driving her vehicle to the Walmart parking lot.

On Feb. 7, someone wearing a hoodie was seen driving off in the car from the Walmart parking lot. It was later found at St. Mary Corwin Hospital.

In April, authorities started excavating the backyard of a Pueblo home where Lucas once lived.

Investigators said they found evidence in the yard of the home in the 5100 block of Manor Ridge Drive. They wouldn’t say what the evidence is, but said it was not a body.

Lucas is considered a person of interest in the case, but investigators have not called him a suspect.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2017, 07:19:50 PM »

http://fox21news.com/2017/11/07/investigators-to-search-areas-in-southwestern-pueblo-related-to-kelsie-schelling-case/

Investigators to search areas in southwestern Pueblo related to Kelsie Schelling case
By Alexa Mae Asperin
Published: November 7, 2017, 3:29 pm

PUEBLO, Colo. — Starting Wednesday, November 8, detectives with the Pueblo Police Department and agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation will be conducting searches in the Pueblo area in connection with the Kelsie Schelling cold case.

Authorities say the searches will focus on areas in southwestern Pueblo, near where Schelling was last known to be.

These new searches were prompted by recent leads generated as part of the ongoing investigation.

“While we cannot offer any comment about this active investigation, we want the community to be aware that this case remains a priority for the Pueblo Police Department, said Pueblo Police Chief Troy Davenport. “Our police department is committed to helping to bring justice to Kelsie and for her family.”

If you have any information regarding this case, you are urged to submit a tip. To remain anonymous, contact Pueblo Crime Stoppers at 542-7867 or http://www.pueblocrimestoppers.com.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Ex-boyfriend-457804293.html

Police: Arrest of Kelsie Schelling's ex-boyfriend not tied to cold case

Left: Duschon Lucas Right: Donthe Lucas, ex-boyfriend of Schelling

Posted: Wed 3:02 PM, Nov 15, 2017  |  Updated: Wed 3:14 PM, Nov 15, 2017

PUEBLO, Colo. (KKTV) - 11 News has learned the ex-boyfriend of Kelsie Schelling, a pregnant woman who went missing in 2013, was arrested for aggravated robbery in Denver. Pueblo police say the arrest has no connection to the cold case involving Schelling's disappearance in Pueblo.

The arrest of Donthe Lucas comes less than one week after investigators announced they had new leads in Schelling's cold case. Authorities searched several areas in Pueblo for three days, the search yielded no signs of Schelling.

According to Capt. Kenny Rider with the Pueblo Police Department, there was a robbery that occurred back in September in Pueblo. Both Donthe Lucas and Duschon Lucas were arrested for the robbery. The two are brothers. Donthe was arrested on Monday in Denver in connection to the robbery case, police say the crime has no connection to the Schelling cold case.

On Tuesday night, Pueblo police arrested Duschon in an alley near West Mesa Avenue. When attempting to make contact with Duschon, he tried to sneak out a back window and down a ladder when officers arrived. Police say when they when to arrest him, his family tried to stop the arrest from happening.

Donthe Lucas remains a person of interest in the Schelling cold case.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2017, 04:53:57 PM »

http://www.chieftain.com/news/pueblo/cash-only-bond-for-donthe-lucas/article_c832a065-3d9a-5ba3-9e0e-0ec2933d59f3.html

Cash-only bond for Donthe Lucas
BY RYAN SEVERANCE THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN RYANS@CHIEFTAIN.COM  NOV 17, 2017 UPDATED NOV 21, 2017 

Donthe Lucas appeared in court for the first time Friday afternoon after being arrested Monday at Denver International Airport on a warrant for aggravated robbery.

Lucas, 25, appeared via video at an advisement hearing at which Pueblo County Magistrate Kelle Thomas decided against modifying his bond and kept it where it had previously been set at a $100,000 cash-only bond.

Deputy District Attorney Michelle Chostner recommended that Lucas' bond not be altered, saying there's concerns about him being a flight risk since he was arrested at the airport while on his way to Phoenix.

Lucas spoke to the magistrate via video, telling her he wasn't trying to flee and that he was going to come back after visiting Phoenix. He also said he wasn't aware there was a warrant out for his arrest.

Lucas was extradited back to Pueblo Thursday. He had been jailed at the Downtown Detention Center in Denver since his arrest Monday.

Lucas and his brother, Duschon Lucas, 19, were arrested on warrants for aggravated robbery for an incident the two allegedly were involved in on Sept. 1 outside their home on the 1100 block of West Mesa Avenue.

Duschon Lucas was being held at the Pueblo County jail Friday night in lieu of $50,000 bail.

Donthe Lucas has been identified by law enforcement as a person of interest in the Kelsie Schelling disappearance case.

The alleged aggravated robbery Lucas was arrested for is unrelated to Schelling's case, police have said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2017, 04:35:11 PM »

Praise the Lord!   

Justice for Kelsie!   an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/PuebloPolice/photos/a.507401879277558.122657.506635449354201/1972333956117669

Pueblo Police Department
29 mins ·

ARREST MADE IN KELSIE SCHELLING HOMICIDE

On December 1, 2017, detectives from the Pueblo Police Department (PPD) along with agents from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested DONTHE ISIAH LUCAS (DOB: 6/30/92) in connection with the 2013 homicide of KELSIE JEAN SCHELLING (DOB: 2/18/91).

LUCAS was already in custody at the Pueblo County Detention Center facing unrelated charges when PPD detectives from the Crimes Against Persons Section and agents with the CBI-Pueblo office served LUCAS with the arrest warrant. LUCAS faces the charge of Murder in the First Degree and is currently being held without bond. LUCAS will be prosecuted by the Tenth Judicial District Attorney’s Office.

The PPD and the CBI have worked tirelessly investigating SCHELLING’s disappearance and murder, interviewing countless individuals and following up on hundreds of leads since February 2013. Resources from across the United States actively participated in the investigation including the Denver Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, Mesa County Sheriff’s Office, NecroSearch International, Bloodhound Man Trackers, Inc., Colorado Cold Case Task Force, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Because the investigation remains active, details about the investigation and what led to the arrest of LUCAS cannot be released at this time.

If anyone has any information regarding this incident, you are urged to submit a tip. To remain anonymous, contact Pueblo Crime Stoppers at 542-STOP (7867) or www.pueblocrimestoppers.com. If your Crime Stoppers tip leads to a felony arrest, you could be eligible for a cash reward. ###

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2017, 04:38:45 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindKelsie/posts/1755158681181015

Help Find Kelsie shared Pueblo Police Department's post.
16 mins ·
Donthe Lucas has been arrested today for Kelsie's murder. He is being charged with Murder in the 1st Degree.
We don't have many details we can share at this time, but want to stress that Kelsie's remains have not been found. The investigation into finding Kelsie's remains is still ongoing.
Our family is still offering a $50,000 reward for the direct return or location of Kelsie's remains. Your continued prayers and support are needed.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2017, 04:48:49 PM »

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/BREAKING-Arrest-made-in-Kelsie-Schelling-case-461351743.html

BREAKING: Arrest made in Kelsie Schelling case

Posted: Fri 2:54 PM, Dec 01, 2017  |  Updated: Fri 3:23 PM, Dec 01, 2017

PUEBLO, Colo. (PUEBLO PD) - Years following the disappearance of a pregnant woman who went missing detectives from the Pueblo Police Department arrested her ex-boyfriend for murder.

Donthe Lucas,25, was already in custody for an unrelated charge when police made the announcement Friday they had arrested him for 1st-degree murder in connection to the 2013 homicide of Kelsie Schelling. Schelling was 22 at the time of her disappearance. Lucas is being held without bond.

Police said because the investigation remains active, details about the investigation and what led up to the arrest of Lucas cannot be made public at this time.

Lucas was arrested Nov. 13 for aggravated robbery with intent to kill, separate from the Schelling case. His Nov. 13 arrest came just one week after investigators announced they had new leads in Schelling's cold case. Authorities searched several areas in Pueblo for three days, but the search yielded no signs of Schelling.

The family is offering a $50,000 reward for Schelling's return or information that leads to her location. There does not have to be a conviction in the case to get the reward money.

If you have any information on this crime, contact Pueblo Crime Stoppers at 719-542-STOP (7867).

Lucas will be prosecuted by the Tenth Judicial District Attorney’s Office.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2017, 10:24:25 PM »

Finally...an arrest!       Justice for Kelsie!  

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:14:59 PM by grace-land » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.