March 28, 2024, 09:32:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kelsie Schelling, 21, missing since 2/4/13 Pueblo, CO arrest made/presumed dead  (Read 119636 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #120 on: December 02, 2017, 04:22:50 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/KRDONewsChannel13/photos/p.915759685141380/915759685141380

Justice for Kelsie!

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: December 02, 2017, 04:24:03 AM »

Praise the Lord!   

Justice for Kelsie!   an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/PuebloPolice/photos/a.507401879277558.122657.506635449354201/1972333956117669

Pueblo Police Department
29 mins ·

ARREST MADE IN KELSIE SCHELLING HOMICIDE

On December 1, 2017, detectives from the Pueblo Police Department (PPD) along with agents from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arrested DONTHE ISIAH LUCAS (DOB: 6/30/92) in connection with the 2013 homicide of KELSIE JEAN SCHELLING (DOB: 2/18/91).

LUCAS was already in custody at the Pueblo County Detention Center facing unrelated charges when PPD detectives from the Crimes Against Persons Section and agents with the CBI-Pueblo office served LUCAS with the arrest warrant. LUCAS faces the charge of Murder in the First Degree and is currently being held without bond. LUCAS will be prosecuted by the Tenth Judicial District Attorney’s Office.

The PPD and the CBI have worked tirelessly investigating SCHELLING’s disappearance and murder, interviewing countless individuals and following up on hundreds of leads since February 2013. Resources from across the United States actively participated in the investigation including the Denver Police Department, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), El Paso County Sheriff’s Office, Mesa County Sheriff’s Office, NecroSearch International, Bloodhound Man Trackers, Inc., Colorado Cold Case Task Force, and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Because the investigation remains active, details about the investigation and what led to the arrest of LUCAS cannot be released at this time.

If anyone has any information regarding this incident, you are urged to submit a tip. To remain anonymous, contact Pueblo Crime Stoppers at 542-STOP (7867) or www.pueblocrimestoppers.com. If your Crime Stoppers tip leads to a felony arrest, you could be eligible for a cash reward. ###

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2017, 04:26:35 AM »

http://kdvr.com/2017/12/01/mother-of-cold-case-murder-suspect-arrested-in-separate-robbery-case

Mother of cold case murder suspect arrested in separate robbery case

POSTED 11:03 PM, DECEMBER 1, 2017, BY WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 11:05PM, DECEMBER 1, 2017

PUEBLO, Colo. — Pueblo police arrested the mother Friday of the suspect who was in custody, charged with the disappearance and murder of Kelsie Schelling.

Sara Lucas, Donthe Lucas’ mother, was arrested in a separate case involving a robbery of a man in September.

Donthe Lucas and his brother, Dushon Lucas, were already behind bars, accused in that robbery.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211248620437500&set=p.10211248620437500&type=3&theater

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2017, 05:44:40 PM »

Guess they'll be together for the holidays...   

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Sister-of-Kelsie-Schelling-murder-suspect-now-in-custody-4th-member-of-family-now-in-jail-461890233.html

Sister of Kelsie Schelling murder suspect now in custody, 4th member of family now in jail
Posted: Mon 12:54 PM, Dec 04, 2017

PUEBLO, Colo. (KKTV) - The sister of Kelsie Schelling's alleged killer is now in custody, making her the fourth member of the Lucas family to now sit behind bars.

11 News confirmed Monday that Desiree Lucas was rearrested for bond revocation, joining her brothers and her mother in the Pueblo County Jail. The 19-year-old is facing charges for allegedly chasing a girl with a knife.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/donthe-lucas-waives-first-court-appearance-on-kelsie-schelling-murder-charge

Donthe Lucas waives first court appearance on Kelsie Schelling murder charge
By: Blair Miller
Posted: 12:27 PM, Dec 4, 2017
Updated: 3 hours ago

PUEBLO, Colo. – Donthe Lucas, the man charged Friday with murder in the 2013 disappearance of Kelsie Schelling, waived his first court appearance on the charges Monday morning.

Lucas, 25, had been set to be advised of his charges in Pueblo District Court Monday, but after he waived his appearance, he will make his first appearance Dec. 18.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: December 10, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/BREAKING-Arrest-made-in-Kelsie-Schelling-case-461351743.html

BREAKING: Arrest made in Kelsie Schelling case

Posted: Fri 2:54 PM, Dec 01, 2017  |  Updated: Fri 3:23 PM, Dec 01, 2017

PUEBLO, Colo. (PUEBLO PD) - Years following the disappearance of a pregnant woman who went missing detectives from the Pueblo Police Department arrested her ex-boyfriend for murder.

Donthe Lucas,25, was already in custody for an unrelated charge when police made the announcement Friday they had arrested him for 1st-degree murder in connection to the 2013 homicide of Kelsie Schelling. Schelling was 22 at the time of her disappearance. Lucas is being held without bond.

Police said because the investigation remains active, details about the investigation and what led up to the arrest of Lucas cannot be made public at this time.

Lucas was arrested Nov. 13 for aggravated robbery with intent to kill, separate from the Schelling case. His Nov. 13 arrest came just one week after investigators announced they had new leads in Schelling's cold case. Authorities searched several areas in Pueblo for three days, but the search yielded no signs of Schelling.

The family is offering a $50,000 reward for Schelling's return or information that leads to her location. There does not have to be a conviction in the case to get the reward money.

If you have any information on this crime, contact Pueblo Crime Stoppers at 719-542-STOP (7867).

Lucas will be prosecuted by the Tenth Judicial District Attorney’s Office.

Hoping and praying there will be justice for Kelsie.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2018, 08:52:28 PM »

http://kdvr.com/2018/01/22/suspect-in-death-of-kelsie-schelling-appears-in-court/

Suspect in death of Kelsie Schelling appears in court
Posted 5:56 pm, January 22, 2018, by Web Staff and Greg Nieto, Updated at 05:57PM, January 22, 2018

PUEBLO, Colo. -- It was an emotional day in a Pueblo courtroom as the mother of Kelsie Schelling, Laura Saxon, attended the hearing for the suspect in her daughter's death.

Saxon fought tears as she spoke to the media on the steps of the courtroom, saying she was satisfied to see Lucas in handcuffs.

Throughout the years, Saxon has been vocal about her suspicion of Lucas in connection with her daughter's death.

Lucas' next court appearance will be in March but a trial is a considerable way down the road.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2018, 05:04:32 PM »

Praying this helps her family bring her home!

http://www.krdo.com/news/top-stories/donthe-lucas-will-stand-trial-for-kelsie-schelling-murder/748138253

Donthe Lucas will stand trial for Kelsie Schelling Murder
Lucas last saw Schelling in 2013
By:  Andrew Rogers
Posted: May 31, 2018 03:23 PM MDT

Updated: May 31, 2018 03:37 PM MDT

PUEBLO, Colo. - A judge in Pueblo ruled Thursday afternoon that there was enough evidence for Donthe Lucas to stand trial for the 2013 death of ex-girlfriend Kelsie Schelling. Lucas' arraignment has been set for August 28th.

Schelling disappeared after reportedly driving from Denver to Pueblo to see Lucas. Schelling was eight weeks pregnant, Lucas was believed to be the father. That was in 2013; Schelling has not been seen or heard from since then.

Previous Story

An FBI agent revealed Friday during testimony in Pueblo that there was a four-hour window during which the cellphones of missing Kelsie Schelling and her boyfriend, Donthe Lucas, couldn't be traced.

Special Agent Scott Eicher testified for the prosecution in the second day of Lucas' preliminary hearing.

Eicher is a cellular analyst who tracked the movement and usage of calls and texts between the couple. Cell phone towers provide tracking information, he said, but that information wasn't available during the four-hour period in early February 2013 between the last time Schelling and Lucas saw each other, and Schelling's disappearance.

"I always had concern about that because you wonder how far out of Pueblo someone could have driven Kelsie in a four-hour period," said her mother, Laura Saxton.

Eicher said Schelling and Lucas were in frequent contact from the time she left Denver to visit him on the night of Feb. 4, until the following morning.

After that, Eicher said the frequency of contact gradually decreased until Schelling's phone was apparently turned off on the morning of Feb. 7, near the Walmart where Lucas said he last saw her.

Eicher also said there is no evidence to show the couple's phones were at Parkview Medical Center, where Lucas said he took Schelling to get a checkup on the status of her eight-week pregnancy.

Just before the lunch break, the prosecution called its last witness -- Kevin Torres, a Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent who was part of the Schelling probe.

Torres testified that he believes Lucas strangled Schelling at one of his former residences but added that there's no physical evidence yet to prove it. He also said Lucas made incriminating statements to a friend about murdering Schelling.

"He said he had gotten rid of her," Torres said.  "He said he had tarped her up (wrapped her body in a tarp) and thrown it into the (Arkansas) River.  Then he told (the friend) to not tell anyone because he and his family don't mess around."

Torres said Lucas also ridiculed the role of Pueblo police in the investigation.

"He told (the friend) that the police are stupid, and that they're looking in the wrong place," Torres said of Lucas.

Because of the length of this week's hearing, a second hearing on a robbery charge against Lucas has been rescheduled to next Thursday.

KRDO NewsChannel 13 also has learned that a relative of Lucas, either his mother or grandmother, will appear in court next month for a deposition in the case.

Schelling disappeared in February 2013 in Pueblo. Lucas was charged with first-degree murder in December in the case, even though the body of Schelling, 21, or a murder weapon haven't been found.

Lucas and Schelling had been dating and Lucas is believed to have been the father of her unborn baby.  According to court testimony, she was eight weeks pregnant when she disappeared.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:06:23 PM by texasmom » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2018, 03:30:07 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2018, 09:37:11 PM »

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/crime/donthe-lucas-pleads-not-guilty-in-kelsie-schelling-s-death-trial-set-for-april

Donthe Lucas pleads not guilty in Kelsie Schelling's death; trial set for April
By: Blair Miller
Posted: 10:21 AM, Aug 29, 2018

PUEBLO, Colo. – The man accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend, Kelsie Schelling, in 2013 pleaded not guilty Tuesday in a Pueblo County court to a murder charge in connection with Schelling’s death and to separate charges in connection with a robbery and assault case.

Donthe Lucas, 26, was arraigned on the first-degree murder after deliberation charge and the separate aggravated robbery with a weapon and third-degree assault charges.

He was charged last Dec. 1 in the disappearance of Schelling, which police are calling a homicide though her body has never been found.

Lucas was already in custody in Pueblo on the separate charges after he was arrested last month at Denver International Airport.

At Tuesday’s arraignment, the judge set a status conference in both cases for Jan. 7 and a motions hearing that will begin Feb. 7. The murder trial was set to begin April 2 and is scheduled to last three weeks.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »

I think it's time to move this, as she is presumed dead.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2019, 08:27:15 PM »

https://gazette.com/news/reward-for-finding-kelsie-schelling-increased-to/article_54a4b0d8-26a8-11e9-9b34-8fa93e45c50e.html

Reward for finding Kelsie Schelling increased to $100,000 
By: TONY KEITH and LINDSEY GREWE, KKTV
Feb 1, 2019 Updated Feb 1, 2019

PUEBLO - Next week marks six years since the disappearance of a beloved pregnant woman in Pueblo. For the month of February, the reward for any information leading to the location of Kelsie Schelling is $100,000.

SIX YEARS HAVE PASSED

Kelsie went missing while reportedly on her way from Denver to Pueblo to see boyfriend Donthe Lucas on Feb. 4, 2013. She was eight weeks pregnant at the time.

Lucas is facing murder charges in the Schelling disappearance. Lucas pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in a Pueblo court on Aug. 28, 2018. He has since filed a motion claiming Schelling's father killed her.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2019, 08:44:18 PM »

https://koaa.com/news/covering-colorado/2019/04/25/two-days-of-hearings-underway-in-donthe-lucas-murder-case/

Two days of hearings underway in Donthe Lucas murder case
Benjamin Lloyd   1:23 pm  April 25, 2019

PUEBLO – A judge is hearing from attorneys on both sides of the Donthe Lucas murder case today as they bring forward motions that could impact the length of a potential trial and the number of witnesses called to testify.

These hearings are expected to last through Friday.

Lucas is accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend, Kelsie Schelling, 21, who is presumed dead but has not been located since she was last seen in Pueblo in February 2013 during a trip from Denver to see Lucas.

As of a recess for lunch Thursday, the courtroom is closed to the public and the media, but News5 has learned people related to the case were being interviewed for evidence related to Kelsie’s disappearance and Lucas’ alleged involvement.

Kelsie’s mom, Laura Saxton, says she just hopes the trial is not further delayed. “I just want it to happen and I really just hope that really I still hope for after all this time that some kind of plea agreement can be made and that Kelsie will be able to come home,” she said.

Attorneys for both the prosecution and defense told a judge in January they likely wouldn’t be ready for the case as it was previously scheduled in April. They told the judge there are an additional 125 potential witnesses that could possibly be called to testify, leaving them little time to sort through the knowledge or evidence they may possess.

The trial is tentatively set to begin on July 30th and last approximately one month.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2019, 08:50:50 PM »

https://www.fox21news.com/news/crime/donthe-lucas-motions-hearing-to-continue-in-june/1957997985

Donthe Lucas motions hearing to continue in June
By:  Daniela Leon 
Posted: Apr 27, 2019 03:26 AM MDT
Updated: Apr 28, 2019 10:32 AM MDT

PUEBLO, Colo - A two-day motions hearing in the Donthe Lucas case has been extended to June 13 and 14.

Lucas is charged with first-degree murder in relation to the February 2013 disappearance of 21-year-old Kelsie Schelling. He has pleaded not guilty to the crime.

On Friday, Pueblo District Court Judge Thomas Flesher was asked to determine if the identification of Lucas coming back to his grandmother's old house can be used at trial.

Three witnesses took the stand, including lead investigator CBI Agent Kevin Torres.

He told the judge on April 7, 2017, the new owners of the south Pueblo home where Lucas used to live called police after an African-American man came to their home asking if he could look at the backyard.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2019, 09:03:40 PM »

https://www.chieftain.com/news/20190429/donthe-lucas-trial-in-pueblo-still-on-schedule

Donthe Lucas trial in Pueblo still on schedule
Posted Apr 29, 2019 at 4:16 PM 
Updated Apr 29, 2019 at 4:16 PM

Last week during Donthe Lucas’ two-day motions hearing that is now set to resume in June, Kelsie Schelling’s mother, Laura Saxton, expressed concern about the possibility of the start of Lucas’ trial getting pushed back again.

In two days, Lucas’ defense counsel and prosecutors from the 10th Judicial District Attorney’s Office only got through one of five motions that were set to be considered. And there are additional motions, including one filed by Lucas’ defense for a change of venue, that still need to be taken up as well.

Following the first day of the motions hearing, Saxton told an assembly of reporters outside of the court that her biggest hope with the case right now is that the trial does not get delayed again.

Lucas, suspected of first-degree murder in the February 2013 disappearance of Schelling from Pueblo, originally was supposed to face trial on April 2 before the trial date start got pushed back to July 30. The move was needed to allow more time for preparation due to the vast amount of evidence and witnesses in the case.

Despite Saxton’s concerns about the potential of having the trial delayed again, it is still scheduled to start on July 30, according to the court docket.

So it appears that attorneys are going to work through all of the pre-trial motions in the case in time for the scheduled three-week trial to begin on that date.

Another motions hearing in Lucas’ case is slated for June 13 and 14.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2019, 08:06:18 PM »

https://koaa.com/news/2019/06/13/new-trial-date-announced-for-donthe-lucas-in-kelsie-schelling-case/

New trial date announced for Donthe Lucas in Kelsie Schelling case
Nia Bender   2:41 pm  June 13, 2019

PUEBLO – The trial for Donthe Lucas, who is accused of murdering Kelsie Schelling back in 2013 in Pueblo, has been pushed to January 14th, 2020. Lucas was in a Pueblo courtroom on Thursday and he’s expected to return again on Friday. The trial was originally set for late July, but Lucas’ lawyers say they have new scientific evidence and more time is needed.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2019, 09:55:26 PM »

https://koaa.com/news/covering-colorado/2019/06/14/donthe-lucas-trial-will-stay-in-pueblo/

Donthe Lucas trial will stay in Pueblo
Melissa Greathouse   8:13 pm  June 14, 2019

PUEBLO – A judge has denied a motion from attorneys for Donthe Lucas to change the location of his murder trial in the death of Kelsie Schelling in 2013.

Other motions brought up in Friday’s hearing questioned some of the prosecution’s witnesses, and brought up introducing lie detectors tests and showing Kelsie’s medical record.

“It is a really exhausting process,” said Laura Saxton, Kelsie’s mother. “I think every time we do it it is like you’re thankful for something to be going on not just being in limbo, but it is you know a very tiring process but it is nice to have some progress made.

Lucas is due back in court on July 30th ad his trial is set for January 2020.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2019, 06:37:37 PM »

https://krdo.com/news/2019/11/18/public-kept-out-of-court-in-latest-donthe-lucas-hearing/

By Dan Beedie
November 18, 2019 7:22 pm  Published November 18, 2019 5:31 pm
Public kept out of court in latest Donthe Lucas hearing

PUEBLO, Colo. -- Pre-trial motions hearings for the case of Donthe Lucas, who's accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend, continued Monday. But almost nobody was allowed to be present for it.

For this hearing, everyone except for the defense, prosecutors and the judge were kept out of the courtroom when the hearing began at 1:15 pm.

Lucas's trial is scheduled to begin Jan. 2020. Lucas has been charged with first-degree murder in connection to the disappearance of his pregnant girlfriend, 21-year-old Kelsie Schelling.

The judge said the information discussed during today’s hearing could potentially taint a jury. This isn't the first time the judge has kept members of the press and public out of a motions hearing pertaining to Lucas's case.

Lucas is being held at the Pueblo County Jail without bond on that first-degree murder charge. Schelling reportedly drove to Pueblo from her Denver home on Feb. 4, 2013 to meet with Lucas, the alleged father of her unborn child. Since then, Schelling has not been seen or heard from.

Monday’s motions hearing lasted a little more than an hour. For a time, even family of Kelsie Schelling were kept out of the courtroom.

“We made it into the courtroom very briefly, but we were hoping to get rulings on the remaining motions," said Saxton Monday outside of the courthouse. "We didn’t even get that today. The judge said he would be putting those out within the next couple of weeks so that’s very disheartening driving down here hoping to at least have those answers. Essentially, we are walking away with no answers yet again.”

Another motions hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. Friday. It’s unclear whether or not that will be open to the public.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2019, 06:42:36 PM »

https://gazette.com/news/trial-for-murder-of-pregnant-woman-scheduled-for-january/article_4f6ce55a-0b21-11ea-8e80-13da198b8453.html

Trial for 2013 murder of pregnant woman scheduled for January
KKTV Nov 19, 2019

The trial for the alleged murder Kelsie Schelling, who was pregnant at the time of her disappearance, is scheduled to begin in January after being pushed back due to new evidence findings, Gazette news partner, KKTV, reports.

The man accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend, Donthe Lucas, was in court Monday before his scheduled trial. Schelling went missing in February of 2013 when she was heading to Pueblo from Denver to see Lucas about her pregnancy.

The court decided to add another hearing this week because the judge needs more time to decide what can or can't be used in the upcoming trial.

Schelling's mother, Laura Saxton, explained the family is nervous this could push the trial back again, according to KKTV. The trial has already been pushed back twice.

Initially, the trial was scheduled for April 2019, but new evidence was found in the case over the summer. Schelling's attorneys said investigators found a 6-inch hair in the back of Schelling's trunk. After DNA testing, investigators found the hair to be the same as Sara Lucas, Lucas' mother.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.