March 29, 2024, 02:41:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: After bullets, what?  (Read 2282 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 13, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »

After they get guns off the streets, what are criminals to use for burglaries, robberies, and disputes?  Anyone really think taking guns off the streets will end the violence?  Bad behavior?

Really?

The shortage of weapons has seen criminals turn to stun guns for use in burglaries, robberies and disputes between drug dealers with 500 seized in the past three years, according to a Freedom of Information request by the BBC.

Detective Superintendent Joanne Chilton, head of gangs and organised crime unit at West Midlands police where gun crime deaths have gone down from nine in 2002-03 to two in 2011-12, said: “I don’t think they (guns) are as prevalent as the community thinks, which is why we see them passed between people.”

Maybe 'stun guns' don't kill?  Aren't really painful?

read more here - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/police-winning-battle-against-inner-city-gun-crime-8463957.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 05:48:36 PM »

Criminals are arming themselves with illegal stun guns and using them to attack innocent members of the public, it emerged today.

::snipping2::

One former gang member also claims that the weapons - often 10 or 20 times more powerful that the police stun guns - are increasingly being used by teenage gangs because of the crackdown on gun crime.

He says that owning a stun gun has become such a status symbol amongst teenage gangs that they are even being celebrated in rap tracks.

Why aren't they shaming rap groups?  Music and games that glorify gun and stun gun violence and crimes?

MP Keith Vaz, the chairman of the Home Affairs select committee, told Inside Out: “I’m absolutely shocked that there are present on the streets of London and other cities these stun guns and Tasers that are more powerful than the weapons that are being used by our police.

read more here  -http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-crime-gangs-turning-to-stun-guns-bought-on-internet-for-as-little-as-60-8440640.html

I wonder if this could be the 'electronics' Napolitano's Homeland Security is confiscating on the border?  Things that look innocent but really aren't?  Guns that can shoot down airplanes and drones?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:58:59 PM »

Manchester shootings: Police fear criminal gangs may use grenades

Police officers’ lives remain under threat from criminal gangs armed with hand grenades like those used in the murders of two policewomen in Manchester, the city’s chief constable has warned.

::snipping2::

The attacks were thought to be the first in which hand grenades were used by criminal gangs on mainland Britain.

Patrick Mercer, the Conservative MP and former Army officer, said: “These grenades are readily available on the black market and easy to conceal on your person and use.
“We are seeing a move from explosives being used by terrorists to being used by criminal gangs, which is extremely alarming. It introduces a completely different dimension into protection for police officers. What would concern me is if this starts to be copied by other gangs and individuals.”

read more here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9554143/Manchester-shootings-Police-fear-criminal-gangs-may-use-grenades.html

How are families to protect themselves?  For some reason, the Obama admin wants families to be without protection from criminals. 

Stun guns are used in killing cattle, pigs, chickens, etc.  In theory, they should be stunned before slaughter...

In the US, electrocution is not considered humane for capital punishment.

After guns are eliminated in the US for personal protection, what is the good citizen to do against criminals?

The police only come after the gun goes off, the taser attack, or the blow to the head...

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.