March 19, 2024, 02:36:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Too Good To Stack Supermarket Shelves"  (Read 2995 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 17, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »

Iain Duncan Smith 'won't back down' on back-to-work
The Work and Pensions Secretary lashes out at graduates who consider themselves "too good" to stack supermarket shelves.

::snipping2::

And he issued a direct rebuke to university graduate Cait Reilly, 24, from Birmingham, who challenged having to work for free at a local Poundland discount store or face losing jobless benefits..

"You have to learn early that if you commit to something you stay by and do it," he told BBC1's Andrew Marr Show.

Denying claims of "slave labour", he said: "She was paid jobseeker's allowance by the taxpayer to do this.

::snipping2::

"I am not going to give way on this. I absolutely clearly tell you this: people who think it is their right to take benefit and do nothing for it - those days are over."

read more here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9875695/Iain-Duncan-Smith-wont-back-down-on-back-to-work.html

Why should anyone be above work? 

If your grandparents could work and raise children without welfare why can't today's welfare recipient work?  If others manage all these tasks, what is wrong with today's parents?

If yesterday's students could start at the bottom, what is wrong with today's students?  Graduates?

Why should working Americans pay for never ending welfare programs, illegal aliens, and others that refuse work?

The safety net should be there for the disabled.

Why should anyone pay for the greedy?  The vote buying politicians?

The welfare state cannot exist with open borders.  The welfare state cannot exist if everyone stops working.

Why not just print money?  Give every American an Obama ATM card that allows them to take out endless benefits?  How much will that money be worth when there is no one in the store to stock shelves?  Rent is measured in gold and Obamabucks are worthless?

I think if able bodied welfare recipients weren't considered too good to work, there would be no reason to import more illegal aliens.  What's wrong with the non-contributors?  Why can't they work too?  Give back?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.