March 28, 2024, 06:34:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius, is accused of shooting his girlfriend to death.  (Read 88194 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »

South Africa's Pistorius goes free on $113,000 bail
PRETORIA | Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:02pm GMT (Reuters)
 ::snipping2::
Nair set bail at 1 million rand ($113,000 or 74,059 pounds) and postponed the case until June 4. Pistorius would be released only when the court received 100,000 rand in cash, he added.
Under the terms of his bail, Pistorius, 26, was also ordered to hand over firearms and his two South African passports, avoid his home and all witnesses, report to a police station twice a week and abstain from drinking alcohol.
Pistorius said the killing was a tragic mistake, saying he had mistaken Steenkamp for an intruder - a possibility in crime-ridden South Africa - and opened fire in a blind panic.

However, in delivering his nearly two-hour bail ruling, Nair said there were a number of "improbabilities" in Pistorius's version of events, read out to the court in an affidavit by his lawyer, Barry Roux.

"I have difficulty in appreciating why the accused would not seek to ascertain who exactly was in the toilet," Nair said. "I also have difficulty in appreciating why the deceased would not have screamed back from the toilet."
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/02/22/uk-safrica-pistorius-idUKBRE91K06L20130222

-----------------
JMO
me too about the BBM, i didnt read but since the judge has ordered him to
abstain from drinking alcohol,was that a reason sited as a reason for the shooting
drunk and thought there was a burglar in the house/bathroom
i thought i had read the bathroom door was locked too,just odd

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »

from the same article above,odd just odd

PRETORIA | Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:02pm GMT (Reuters)
"DEEPLY IN LOVE"

In his affidavit, Pistorius said he was "deeply in love" with Steenkamp, leading Roux to stress his client had no motive for the killing.

Pistorius contends he reached for a 9-mm pistol under his bed because he felt particularly vulnerable without his prosthetic limbs.

According to police, witnesses heard shouting, gunshots and screams from the athlete's home, which sits in the heart of a gated community surrounded by 3-m- (yard-) high stone walls topped with an electric fence.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/02/22/uk-safrica-pistorius-idUKBRE91K06L20130222

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 03:44:45 PM »

Nevertheless ... the judge granted Pistorius bail nevertheless.  Unbelievable!!

We don't have a gun in the house but ... I advised my hubby to make sure that I was not  sleeping on the other side of our bed prior to assuming a prowler was was holed up in the bathroom ... prior to calling 911.

Thanks cw618!

Janet

+++++

Fri Feb 22, 2013

<snipped>

However, in delivering his nearly two-hour bail ruling, Nair said there were a number of "improbabilities" in Pistorius's version of events, read out to the court in an affidavit by his lawyer, Barry Roux.

"I have difficulty in appreciating why the accused would not seek to ascertain who exactly was in the toilet," Nair said. "I also have difficulty in appreciating why the deceased would not have screamed back from the toilet."

<snipped>

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 10:10:10 PM »

CNN SPECIAL - 7:00 PM PT

Blade Running - Murder or Mistake

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »

Father of Oscar Pistorius' slain girlfriend speaks out
February 23, 2013, 8:00 AM

The father of Oscar Pistorius' slain girlfriend has told a South African newspaper that the athlete will have to "live with his conscience" if he is lying about how he killed her.

In its Saturday edition, the Afrikaans-language Beeld newspaper quotes Barry Steenkamp as saying Pistorius will "suffer" alone, according to The Associated Press, if his assertion that he accidentally shot 29-year-old Reeva Steenkamp is false.

Barry Steenkamp says he might be able to forgive Pistorius one day if the double-amputee Olympian is telling the truth.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57570886/father-of-oscar-pistorius-slain-girlfriend-speaks-out/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »

I am one with the family of Reeva Steenkamp.  I too believe that the reaction of Oscar Pistorius' family to the bail judgement was very insensitive.  An inward emotion of relief is one thing but the joyous outburst did not set right with me.

Janet

+++++

Family of Blade Runner’s deceased girlfriend slams reaction of athlete's family after bail release
Published February 23, 2013

The family of Oscar Pistorius' deceased girlfriend is criticizing the reaction in the court from the double-amputee athlete's family after a judge granted him bail.

"Everybody wants to jump up with joy," Mike Steenkamp, the uncle of Reeva Steenkamp, said, speculating on the mood of Pistorius' family after the judge's decision. "I think it was just done in the wrong context, completely."

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02/23/father-blade-runners-girlfriend-says-shooter-will-have-to-live-with-his/?test=latestnews

_____

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »

Did Oscar Pistorius ever have a Intruder get into his house?

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 05:57:24 PM »

Legal problems

Assault charge
In 2009 Pistorius was arrested and charged with common assault by South African police for slamming a door on a woman at his home. The charges were later dropped.[139][140]
Murder charge

Pistorius during his bail hearing
In the early morning of Thursday, 14 February 2013, Pistorius' girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp was shot and killed at Pistorius' Pretoria home.[141][142] Pistorius was taken into police custody and was formally charged with Steenkamp's murder in a Pretoria court on 15 February.[143][144][145]
The bail hearing commenced on 19 February under Chief Magistrate of Pretoria Desmond Nair.[146] During the hearing, both prosecution and defence said that Pistorius had fired four shots through a locked bathroom door, hitting Steenkamp inside the bathroom.[147] The prosecution said that Steenkamp was hit three times.[148] Prosecutor Gerrie Nel claimed that Pistorius had put on his prosthetic legs, walked across his bedroom to the bathroom, and intentionally shot Steenkamp through the door.[147][149] Nel argued that the time required for this process was sufficient to establish the murder as "premeditated."[150] Pistorius said that he had thought Steenkamp was in the bed, and that the person in the bathroom was an intruder. He also said he had not put on his prosthetics before shooting into the bathroom.[147] ::snipping2::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Pistorius#Legal_problems

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »

he dosent appear to be the murdering type in these clips/vids
ya never know though

clips of Oscar Pistorius
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gkNlNp8mvg

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 06:19:29 PM »

Horrified family told Pistorius 'DID beat Reeva with cricket bat' as they are shown her extensive head injuries
By Barbara Jones
PUBLISHED:17:49 EST, 23 February 2013| UPDATED: 17:50 EST, 23 February 2013
Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius crushed his girlfriend’s skull with a cricket bat before shooting her dead, police have told her family.

Details of the post-mortem examination of South African model Reeva Steenkamp were withheld from last week’s bail application hearing.

But grieving relatives who saw her body before Tuesday’s cremation in Port Elizabeth described horrific injuries from the cricket bat, and entry wounds from 9mm bullets fired by Pistorius.

They were also briefed about the model’s death by police and lawyers from the state prosecutor’s office.
In a sworn affidavit read to the bail hearing in Pretoria magistrates’ court last week, Pistorius claimed that he used the bat to break down the toilet door after the shooting, saying he had not realised his girlfriend was in  the bathroom.

The bloodstained bat, which is currently being examined by a police forensics team, will be key evidence when Pistorius goes on trial for premeditated murder.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283507/Horrified-family-told-Pistorius-DID-beat-Reeva-cricket-bat-shown-extensive-head-injuries.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »

janet tell hubby to double check
the more i read, the more the story, dosent add up
a snip from the article above

The athlete claims that during the night he heard a noise in the bathroom and feared it was an intruder. Pistorius, 26, said he felt ‘vulnerable’ without his prosthetic legs, so he got a gun from under his bed and fired through the bathroom door, shouting at the ‘intruder’ to get out of the house and for Reeva to call the police.

At that point Pistorius thought she was still in bed.
more at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283507/Horrified-family-told-Pistorius-DID-beat-Reeva-cricket-bat-shown-extensive-head-injuries.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 08:07:09 PM »

janet tell hubby to double check

the more i read, the more the story, dosent add up
a snip from the article above

The athlete claims that during the night he heard a noise in the bathroom and feared it was an intruder. Pistorius, 26, said he felt ‘vulnerable’ without his prosthetic legs, so he got a gun from under his bed and fired through the bathroom door, shouting at the ‘intruder’ to get out of the house and for Reeva to call the police.

At that point Pistorius thought she was still in bed.
more at link

Depending what the outcome of the trial is ... maybe after 47 years ... he will attempt a "Pistorius".

Hey ... the judge may have afforded bail but he also questioned aspects of the "intruder" story that came from Pistorius' lips.

Janet

+++++

Fri Feb 22, 2013

<snipped>

<snipped>

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »

Horrified family told Pistorius 'DID beat Reeva with cricket bat' as they are shown her extensive head injuries
By Barbara Jones
Olympic sprinter Oscar Pistorius crushed his girlfriend’s skull with a cricket bat before shooting her dead, police have told her family.

Details of the post-mortem examination of South African model Reeva Steenkamp were withheld from last week’s bail application hearing.

But grieving relatives who saw her body before Tuesday’s cremation in Port Elizabeth described horrific injuries from the cricket bat, and entry wounds from 9mm bullets fired by Pistorius.

They were also briefed about the model’s death by police and lawyers from the state prosecutor’s office.
In a sworn affidavit read to the bail hearing in Pretoria magistrates’ court last week, Pistorius claimed that he used the bat to break down the toilet door after the shooting, saying he had not realised his girlfriend was in  the bathroom.

The bloodstained bat, which is currently being examined by a police forensics team, will be key evidence when Pistorius goes on trial for premeditated murder.

I hope the family Oscar Pistorius was not aware of the blood on the bat when they cheered the outcome of the bail hearing.

Thanks cw618.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 09:05:48 PM »

When I consider the bloodied bat ... I conclude that Oscar Pistorius IS a flight risk.  I know I would be in the same situation.

Why was the judge not privy to this information prior to granting bail?

Considering the premeditated charges by the prosecution ... what were the "exceptional circumstances" that deemed Pistorius should be afforded bail?

Janet

++++++

Oscar Pistorius denies charge of premeditated murder
February 19, 2013, 6:29 a.m

<snipped>

Under South African law, those charged with a category six offense, the most serious category, must show exceptional circumstances as to why they should be released on bail.

<snipped>

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-oscar-pistorius-denies-premeditated-murder-20130219,0,5663066.story?track=rss

UPDATED: 23:16 GMT, 23 February 2013

<snipped>

<snipped>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283507/Horrified-family-told-Pistorius-DID-beat-Reeva-cricket-bat-shown-extensive-head-injuries.html

cw618

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2013, 11:16:48 AM »

Oscar Pistorius' brother facing culpable homicide charge
Published February 24, 2013

JOHANNESBURG –  The brother of the Olympic paraplegic athlete Oscar Pistorius, accused of murdering his girlfriend, is facing culpable homicide charges in a 2010 road death.

Pistorius family lawyer Kenny Oldwage tells Fox News the charges against Carl Pistorius stem from his alleged involvement in the death of a bicyclist in 2010 in Pretoria.

Oldwage claims his client is innocent and that the bicyclist ran into Pistorius. He also claims the athlete's brother was not intoxicated at the time of the accident.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/02/24/oscar-pistorius-brother-faces-homicide-charge-in-2010-road-death-lawyer-says/

Oscar Pistorius' brother Carl accused in 2010 death
updated 10:05 AM EST, Sun February 24, 2013

Johannesburg (CNN) -- As Olympic icon Oscar Pistorius faces a murder trial for shooting his girlfriend, his older brother is also charged in the death of a woman.

Carl Pistorius is accused in the 2010 death of a female motorcyclist, Pistorius family attorney Kenny Oldwage said.

Culpable homicide refers to "unlawful negligent killing," South African police say.

Prosecutors say Carl Pistorius was driving recklessly in Vanderbijlpark, South Africa, when he crashed with the motorcyclist in the daytime.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/24/world/africa/south-africa-pistorius-brother/index.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 03:12:09 PM »

Carl Pistorius, the Brother of Oscar Pistorius Also Facing Homicide Charges in Death of a Female Motorcyclist in 2008 Traffic Accident

Posted February 24, 2013 by Scared Monkeys

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/02/24/carl-pistorius-the-brother-of-oscar-pistorius-also-facing-homicide-charges-in-death-of-a-female-motorcyclist-in-2010-traffic-accident/

_____

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/International/oscar-pistorius-case-reeva-steenkamps-father-blade-runner/story?id=18588566
with back to back vids
Oscar Pistorius Case: Reeva Steenkamp's Father Wants 'Blade Runner' to Come Clean
By AMY ROBACH
PRETORIA, South Africa, Feb. 25, 2013
In their first televised interview since their daughter was shot to death by her boyfriend, Oscar Pistorius, Reeva Steenkamp's parents said they want the world-famous Paralympian to come clean about what happened in his South African home on Valentine's Day.
In the emotional interview, Steenkamp's mother, June, described how police called her Feb. 14 asking whether she had a daughter:

"I said, 'Yes,' and he said, 'There's been an accident, and she's been shot.' And I said, 'All I want to know is if she's alive or she's dead.' And he said, 'I'm sorry to have to tell you, but she's dead.'"

MORE@link
----------------
Full Coverage: Oscar Pistorius Case
http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/oscar-pistorius.htm

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »

Feb 22, 2013 | admin |
Attached below are the Defence’s Heads of Argument in the Oscar Pistorius Bail Hearing:
http://oscarpistorius.com/downloads/Oscar-Pistorius-Heads-of-Argument.pdf

Oscar Pistorius website
media-statements
http://oscarpistorius.com/category/media-statements/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 01:24:34 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/world/africa/pistorius-image/?google_editors_picks=true
Not everyone surprised at Oscar Pistorius' fall from grace
March 7, 2013

Slide show with 19 images.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/07/world/africa/south-africa-pistorius-case/?google_editors_picks=true
Botha, former Pistorius detective, off police force
March 7, 2013

(CNN) -- Hilton Botha, the former lead detective in the Oscar Pistorius murder case, cited "private reasons" for resigning from the police force, South African Police spokesman Brig. Neville Malila said Thursday.
Botha was pulled from the Pistorius case last month after prosecutors reinstated attempted murder charges against him in a 2011 case. The 22-year South African Police veteran is accused of chasing and firing on a minibus full of people while drunk. He is charged with seven counts of attempted murder.
"We are not going into the reasons," Malila said. "He has indicated to us it is for private reasons."
His removal from the high-profile murder case came just days after his testimony at a bail hearing for Pistorius that included admissions that police could have contaminated the crime scene and failed to properly catalog evidence.
More...

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.