March 19, 2024, 01:47:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Country music star Mindy McCready dead at 37  (Read 7588 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: February 18, 2013, 04:46:50 AM »

(CNN) -- Country music star Mindy McCready was found dead Sunday at her home in Arkansas from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, the local sheriff's office said in a statement. She was 37.

::snipping2::

McCready leaves behind two boys, one of whom is 10 months old.

Sunday, February 17 2013, 09:48 PM CST
http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_country-star-mindy-mccready-dies-29294.shtml

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 04:48:46 AM »

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=695&oq=Mindy+McCready+&gs_l=img.12..0i3l3j0l2j0i24l5.2095.2095.0.3539.1.1.0.0.0.0.121.121.0j1.1.0...0.0...1ac..3.img.-YiX2XrfIWI&q=Mindy%20McCready&tbo=d#imgrc=qfTLbmg6nE-X7M%3A%3Bcj8yVYF9iDhILM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.trbimg.com%252Fimg-51084810%252Fturbine%252Fwhfb-mindy-mccready-denies-shooting-boyfriend--001%252F600%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.radiomichiana.com%252Fwhfb%252Fnews%252Fmusic%252Fwhfb-mindy-mccready-denies-shooting-boyfriend-20130129%252C0%252C3666303.story%3B600%3B589

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »

Singer Mindy McCready found dead
The troubled country music and reality TV star has died of an apparent suicide.

Troubled country singer Mindy McCready, whose once promising career was upstaged by personal turmoil, has died in an apparent suicide. She was 37.
McCready's body was found about 3:30 p.m. Sunday on the front porch of her home in Heber Springs, Arkansas, with a single gunshot wound, the Cleburne County Sheriff's Office confirmed to Yahoo! Music. Deputies responded to 911 calls reporting gunfire.
Her body was transported to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for an autopsy and her death is being probed, the sheriff says. ::snipping2::
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/our-country/report-mindy-mccready-dead-apparent-suicide-030042125.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 12:34:40 PM »

I read somewhere, she also killed her dog.  Don't know if it's true.  At least she didn't kill her children or her mother.
RIP

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 02:26:35 PM »

A source close to McCready tells TMZ ... McCready shot herself and her dog. Neighbors reported hearing the two gunshots.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2LI8ttg34
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 08:35:15 AM »

Cops: Singer Mindy McCready's body found next to dead dog she shot

Associated PressAssociated Press

Posted:   02/18/2013 03:32:25 PM PST
February 18, 2013 11:33 PM GMT  Updated:   02/18/2013 03:32:27 PM PST

http://**/music/ci_22615697/cops-singer-mindy-mccreadys-body-found-next-dead

HEBER SPRINGS, Ark. -- Authorities say they found country singer Mindy McCready's body on the same porch of her northern Arkansas home where her boyfriend was found dead of an apparent suicide last month.

Cleburne County Sheriff Marty Moss said Monday that it appears McCready killed her late boyfriend David Wilson's dog before she turned the gun on herself Sunday.
 ::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 12:08:01 PM »

Cops: Singer Mindy McCready's body found next to dead dog she shot

Associated PressAssociated Press

Posted:   02/18/2013 03:32:25 PM PST
February 18, 2013 11:33 PM GMT  Updated:   02/18/2013 03:32:27 PM PST

http://**/music/ci_22615697/cops-singer-mindy-mccreadys-body-found-next-dead

HEBER SPRINGS, Ark. -- Authorities say they found country singer Mindy McCready's body on the same porch of her northern Arkansas home where her boyfriend was found dead of an apparent suicide last month.

Cleburne County Sheriff Marty Moss said Monday that it appears McCready killed her late boyfriend David Wilson's dog before she turned the gun on herself Sunday.
 ::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

She must have been suffering tremendous mental pain and anguish.     So sad for her two young children.  Rest in peace Mindy.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 03:08:23 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/19/showbiz/mindy-mccready/index.html
Mindy McCready feared losing custody of kids, friend says
February 19, 2013

::snipping2::
Private investigator Danno Hanks, who knew McCready for several years and frequently advised her, said she called him Saturday, a day before she died from what investigators concluded was a self-inflicted gunshot.
"Saturday was a very bad day for her," Hanks said.
McCready, 37, told him about an e-mail she received on Friday from the Arkansas' Division of Children and Family Services that included a proposed court order that would send her two children to live with her mother in Florida.
"The proposed court order was the nail in her coffin, the thing that sent her over the edge," Hanks said.
The Arkansas agency declined to comment on the case, citing confidentiality laws.
"When we take children into our care, reunification with the biological parents is always our goal," spokeswoman Amy Webb told CNN. "Sometimes it's not safe and we cannot."
McCready's world unraveled in the 35 days after David Wilson, the father of her younger son, was found fatally wounded on the porch of the Heber Springs, Arkansas, home where the couple lived, Hanks said.
"After (his) suicide, she essentially fell apart," Hanks said.
McCready couldn't go to the hospital to spend Wilson's dying hours with him because investigators held her to test her hands for gunshot residue, he said. The test eliminated her as a suspect in the shooting, he said, but the Cleburne County Sheriff's Office withheld a conclusion that Wilson had committed suicide until the autopsy report was completed.
More...

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 03:16:44 PM »

http://www.khou.com/entertainment/McCready-death-renews-questions-for-TV-rehab-show-192018871.html
McCready death renews questions for TV rehab show
February 20, 2013

NASHVILLE, Tennessee  -- The apparent suicide of country singer Mindy McCready makes her the fifth troubled cast member of the “Celebrity Rehab” reality TV series to die since appearing on the show, stoking rumors of a curse and a debate about the show’s helpfulness.
Criticism of TV host Dr. Drew Pinsky spread on the Internet almost as quickly as news of McCready’s death.
While many noted that Drew took on hard cases, others rendered stark judgment. Singer Richard Marx on Twitter compared Pinsky to Dr. Jack Kevorkian, the so-called suicide doctor who said he assisted in the deaths of about 130 gravely ill people: “Same results.”
Marx backed off later Monday, saying the crack went too far. But he restated his thoughts in a way that summed up much of the reaction in the first 24 hours since the 37-year-old McCready’s death Sunday afternoon in Arkansas.
“It is, however, my opinion that what Dr. D does is exploitation and his TV track record is not good,” Marx wrote.
VH1’s “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew” is not currently on the air. Pinsky switched his focus to non-celebrities in Season 6 last fall and changed the title to “Rehab.” The show spawned two spinoffs, “Sober House” and “Sex Rehab.”
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 09:16:30 AM »

There was already a thread started for Mindy McCready in "Music", therefore I'll merge this one with it.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 07:28:56 PM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/article/Mindy-McCready-s-funeral-held-in-southwest-Florida-4308157.php
Mindy McCready's funeral held in southwest Florida
February 26, 2013

FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — As her music played in the background, country music star Mindy McCready was remembered Tuesday by friends and family as a fun and talented singer who also "wanted to be healed" from her past.

About 200 friends and family gathered in the 37-year-old singer's Florida hometown of Fort Myers. A large screen behind the altar of Crossroads Baptist Church was filled with her images and her portrait stood nearby.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 07:26:22 AM »

http://theboot.com/mindy-mccready-son-zander-custody-billy-mcknight/
Mindy McCready’s Ex Awarded Custody of Their Son
July 16, 2013

Mindy McCready‘s ex, Billy McKnight, has been awarded custody of their son. In a posting to his Facebook page on Friday (July 12), McKnight announced that seven-year-old Zander would be coming to live with him and his new wife at their home in Florida.

“Praise God today along with a lot of support and love from family and friends I am finally bringing my son home for good this Sunday,” McKnight wrote. “I want to thank all of you for the prayers that’s been sent to me. I cannot express with words the weight that has been lifted off my shoulders. To my beautiful wife Corey Rena-Mcknight it’s a boy!”

McCready and McKnight’s volatile relationship was punctuated by substance abuse and occasional violent outbursts, including one incident in May of 2005 in which he was arrested after allegedly breaking into her home and attempting to strangle her. Both parents eventually lost custody of Zander to McCready’s mother, Gayle Inge, while going through their separate troubles.

McCready had just regained custody of Zander when she took her own life in February with a gunshot wound to the head. McKnight has been involved in a custody dispute ever since.
He acknowledges there’s still a long road before him. Zander has already begun to ask tough questions after seeing so much of his young life played out like a television drama. “He asked, ‘Did you love my mom?’” McKnight tells Taste of Country. “And I said ‘Yeah, you need to know that even though your mom’s in heaven, she loves you very much, she’s looking down on you and you were made from love and you’re here for a reason.’”

He adds, “This is gonna take years to heal from, she’s only been gone for six months. I’ll never be through it. Mindy is not here anymore and that hurts me, especially for my son. She was a special person who wound up getting sick in her life and she couldn’t recover from it. As bad as things have been said about her and me, there was certainly an upside, a good side or it wouldn’t have lasted as long as it did.”

It is unclear who will get custody of McCready’s other son, one-year-old Zayne. His father was David Wilson, a music producer with whom McCready was in a relationship at the end of his life. Wilson died in an apparent suicide in January, touching off the tragic series of events that culminated in McCready’s suicide in February.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.