March 28, 2024, 05:38:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quantifying Vote Fraud - No more innuendo, anecdotes and rumors...  (Read 2612 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 20, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »

Perhaps it's time the US had a study like this?

Field experiment finds significant electoral fraud in Moscow

::snipping2::

The researchers, including a visiting research scholar at Princeton University, estimate that fraud accounted for at least 11 percentage points of the vote recorded for the ruling United Russia party in Moscow. They estimated that the party received at least 635,000 votes in the city as a result of fraud in the election, which resulted in United Russia retaining its majority in parliament.

To estimate the level of fraud, the researchers randomly assigned independent observers to monitor ballot-handling and counting procedures at polling stations in Moscow and measured differences in results reported from stations with observers and those without.

According to official results, United Russia received 46.6 percent of the vote in Moscow. The results of the experiment indicate that the presence of observers led to a decrease in the share of votes for the party of 10.8 percentage points and an increase in results for other parties. The researchers say those differences represent the lower bound for fraud because the figures assume that all electoral fraud was fully prevented by the presence of the observers.

"Enikolopov, Petrova, and their co-authors use a simple but ingenious method to ferret out one pernicious form of vote fraud—ballot stuffing on Election Day," Frye said.

"I think that for some people, at least, the fact that we have published this paper is a sign that it's not just speculation about electoral fraud or particular instances of electoral fraud but at least for Moscow it's systemwide," she said.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2013-02-field-significant-electoral-fraud-moscow.html#jCp

In the US, I think there is also 'ballot stuffing' using early/absentee ballot process...

One has to wonder why observers were kicked out of polling places during the last presidential election in the US...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 11:34:55 AM »

Is Election Fraud Myth or Reality?

The Democrats’ party line is that voter fraud is a myth, but that illusion was dispelled within the last few months by two stunning cases of election fraud committed by prominent Democratic incumbents. Let me tell you about them.

One of these cases involved an Arkansas state legislator, Rep. Hudson Hallum. He bribed voters with money and food to cast absentee ballots for him. The legislator obtained and distributed the ballots to those voters, and then collected then in unsealed envelopes. If the ballots were marked for Hallum’s opponent, Hallum just pitched the ballots. After this was discovered, Hallum pled guilty to election fraud.

The other case involved a prominent Democratic Congressman, U.S. Rep. Jim Moran, who has been in office for 22 years representing Virginia’s Washington suburbs. Moran’s son, who was also the field director for Moran’s reelection campaign, was filmed by videographer James O’Keefe as Moran was advising an undercover reporter how to bypass Virginia’s Voter-ID law. The method was exquisitely ingenious: it called for creating fake utility bills on the internet to substitute for Voter-ID.   ::snipping2::

read more here - http://www.themoralliberal.com/2013/02/13/is-election-fraud-myth-or-reality/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 11:42:15 AM »

“I think it’s a terrible idea,” said state Sen. Chapin Rose, R-Mahomet. “The word ‘fraud’ comes to mind. You get people able to register online from anywhere and then pretend they are actually living in that precinct.”

State Sen. Bill Brady, a Bloomington Republican and potential candidate for governor in 2014, said Illinois’ reputation for corruption in government makes him wary of online registration.

He said Democrats have rejected repeated GOP efforts to require voters to show picture identification at the polling place.

“I think everyone in Illinois is concerned about voter fraud,” Brady said. “I think everyone is suspicious of the Chicago mentality on voting. This just smacks of more fraud.”

In Oregon, that’s not been the experience, Green said.

“Despite the concerns that some people have expressed, making it easier to vote and making it easier to register to vote do not increase the chances of fraud,” Green said. “Typically, when people are talking about voter fraud, they are coming up with an excuse to avoid more aggressively registering people to vote.”

read more here - http://herald-review.com/news/local/lawmakers-consider-online-voter-registration-some-fear-fraud/article_622c9626-733f-11e2-a188-0019bb2963f4.html

How would you register folks to vote online?  How do you ensure they are actually living at the address they provide? 

No ID needed at the polling place?  Are actually the person they claim to be when they go to vote? 

How do you prevent fraud?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.