April 28, 2024, 04:45:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS # 4  (Read 283443 times)
AzRose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1420 on: June 15, 2005, 09:51:37 PM »

Quote from: "Chef_Hoovisan"
The Arubans may have left us for good. I think the posts with the phone numbers of the suspects families really turned a lot of people off.

That actually happened?
DJTAYLOR
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1421 on: June 15, 2005, 09:52:06 PM »

GLAD YOU JOINED us micheal :0)
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1422 on: June 15, 2005, 09:52:38 PM »

Quote from: "---"
Quote from: "dragonfly"
Quote from: "---"
Thanks!  And at least now I know that it will be toward the end of the show when she comes on.  I did see Dee and thought it was very rude the was she was looking at and rolling her eyes at the guy on there with her.

No joke! I wanted to hit that woman!

I just thought that was extremely disrespectful to him for her to act that way.  No one did that to her while she was talking.  Very rude.  It's one thing to have your own opinion, it's another to be rude to others because they don't agree with you.  Hey...that would make her a troll, wouldn't it?   Laughing

LOL! She certainly looks the part! (that was mean, but I don't care... she was mean to some of my fav teachers! haha)[/quote]

Dash, they should have canceled both of those radio idiots and just had you and your friend for 2 segments. Would have been more interesting and more informational. Loved the part about defending Natalee's character. That was great. Who would know better than her friends.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1423 on: June 15, 2005, 09:52:51 PM »

Quote from: "Another K in Texas"
Didn't I read that someone on another site was making threats to our aruba friends?  If so that could explain their silence. Sad

I'm guessing that that was the same person accusing our KerinTX of being Aruban.   Laughing

They had a attitude.  Red shut him down.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1424 on: June 15, 2005, 09:53:41 PM »

Quote from: "AzRose"
The Arubans may have left us for good. I think the posts with the phone numbers of the suspects families really turned a lot of people off.

That actually happened?

Yes, that happened and I don't think anyone was happy about it.  It wasn't the right thing to do as far as I'm concerned.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1425 on: June 15, 2005, 09:53:58 PM »

I also hope that they will at least e-mail the administrators here if they really have news.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1426 on: June 15, 2005, 09:54:36 PM »

Quote from: "Island Bunny"
Hello Everyone!
I'm a bit lost with this new site.  Who was on O'Reily....can't keep up.  Just reading how well he/she did???
Can someone fill me in please Smile
Our Dash!
huntsy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1427 on: June 15, 2005, 09:54:59 PM »

Quote from: "huntsy"
Quote from: "huntsy"
Bill is on again at 11pm Dragonfly. My cousin showed up for the last 5 mins so I am going to rewatch too.

Didn't you just want to scream "Go away for about 15 minutes!!!!!!"   I did.

I just kept yawing hoping she would get the hint. She even said I looked tierd but kept talking.
So did you tell your guests you were in the bathroom and couldn't make it to the phone when they came?

lol.  That's exactly what I told them, but they didn't buy it.  I've been avoiding a lot of their calls lately because they like to talk and talk and talk and I'm always watching news or on this board, so I think they've figured out that I'm home most of the time when they call lately.  They are pretty good guys and are pretty humorous, so they took it in stride and teased me about it.  I finally had to admit what has been consuming my time and they are up on the story about Nat and were interested in information I had from this site.  Good people.  I think I'm off the hook.

That is good they gave you a pass. My idiot step father kept bugging me to cut a pineapple for dessert just as the M.J. verdict was coming in. I made sure to leave some of the hard shell on his piece. lol
I find like you I spend a lot of time online and in front of the t.v. waititng for news.
S_FL
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1428 on: June 15, 2005, 09:55:03 PM »

Sorry I didn't realize the link was a file.  Here is the story since I already opened the link up:

This story brought back a really bad memory for me. My sister and I went to Aruba when I was about this girl's age and my sister was two years older. My dad had misgivings about us going there, saying that we were 2 naive girls who would be alone in a strange land, etc., but we just laughed it off and went. On our 2nd night in Aruba, we went to a nightclub and I met a really nice guy from the Netherlands. Stupidly, I accepted a ride back to our hotel from this guy I had been dancing with all evening. My sister was going to go back with a couple of people from our tour group. My sister spoke with the guy and said he had better drive me straight back because she would be waiting for me. He said that he would and we both believed him. You have to understand how naive both my sister and I were. I actually thought this guy wanted to take drive me back because he was such a gentleman. On the way back, his car kept breaking down and he would have to get out and do something to it and then it would start again. Then he said he needed to stop by his house and I said that I really needed to get back. He didn't listen to me and turned off the main road on to this lonely, deserted road and I became so scared that my knees were shaking uncontrollably. I looked out over that deserted land and I actually wondered if I was going to make it home alive. He started saying, "You're scared, aren't you? I could do anything I want right now and you know that. You're afraid that I'm going to kill you, aren't you? " I remembered my mom telling me that if I were ever in a weird, compromising situation with a guy to be the best actress I could be and I tried to assure him that I was just cold and that of course I wasn't afraid of him. Then his car broke down again. I became so weak I almost fainted. I started saying things like, "Look, we can get together tomorrow, but my sister will call the police if I'm not back soon." He got back in the car and drove to this little street with about 4 or 5 houses on it. This was in Orangestad. He stopped the car in front of his house and a man happened to come out and see him and I said to the man, "He's supposed to be driving me back to my hotel and my sister is waiting for me." The man yelled to him that he better get me back there now and he got back in the car and started driving me back to my hotel. I don't know why I didn't even have the sense at that time to get out of the car and ask that man to call me a taxi. I think I was just too scared to think straight. Anyway, on the way back, this guy started talking about all the young American girls who come to Aruba and tease guys and then just go back to America. He sounded so angry and fed up. I said I wasn't that way and that I just wanted to have a nice time while I'm here, etc., and that I would love to see him again while I was in Aruba. He kept asking me if I meant it and I said of course I did but he still acted really angry saying that he was sick of all of us American girls teasing guys in Aruba and then leaving. I could have won an Oscar for my performance. Finally, we got to the hotel and I said I had a nice time and that he should call me tomorrow. When I got to my sister's and my hotel room she was waiting for me and I told her what had happened and we bot made a pledge that for the rest of the time, we would never leave each other's side and that we would not go anywhere with strangers. We still went to nightclubs but went back to our hotel in a car we rented and a guy from our tour, who was from America, hung out with us a lot too. He became like a big-brother to us. We ended up having a wonderful time in Aruba and I loved the people (except that guy) and the island itself. But that memory made me a lot wiser and I never did anything that stupid again.

I know that's a long, drawn-out story, but it's one of those memories you hold in your mind and when I read about this young girl who left a nightclub with a local guy, I thought back on this story of how I had done the same thing. Something happens to young girls when you're far away from home and you meet these seemingly nice guys with pretty accents who seem like gentlemen and they treat you like you're a goddess. Girls who usually are level-headed lose their heads many times.

I pray this girl is found alive and that she comes home to start her new life...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1429 on: June 15, 2005, 09:56:43 PM »

Who on here thinks that "DASH" should get free "Scared Monkey Junky" t-shirt?
Juvenal
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1430 on: June 15, 2005, 09:56:44 PM »

I doubt arubagirl would let one boneheaded post turn her against everyone else.

Wasn't the FBI talking to some of them today? They might have asked them to not tell what they know.

Also, I think Arubagirl was being threatened by another Aruban in the TA forums. This person didn't like that everybody was suspicious of Joran and kept talking to Arubagirl in Papiamento. Kept sending her e-mails, too, and I think she had to get a new e-mail account.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1431 on: June 15, 2005, 09:57:22 PM »

Quote from: "Red"

I do, I do!!!!!!!!   Laughing
klaasend
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1432 on: June 15, 2005, 09:57:25 PM »

I do!  Very Happy
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1433 on: June 15, 2005, 09:57:34 PM »

OH YES!  She should be on it!
huntsy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1434 on: June 15, 2005, 09:58:04 PM »

Awesome idea!
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1435 on: June 15, 2005, 09:58:18 PM »

Of course.  Silly question.

Shouldn't we all?    Laughing
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1436 on: June 15, 2005, 09:59:24 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

I do!  Very Happy

Yay!!! Free stuff!!! hahaha
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1437 on: June 15, 2005, 09:59:39 PM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"
"For a Dash of Truth, Be a Monkey Junky!"
hope
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1438 on: June 15, 2005, 09:59:58 PM »

I really hate that - I hope Arubagirl knows that we all really care and like her
Hagie9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1439 on: June 15, 2005, 10:00:16 PM »

"For a Dash of Truth, Be a Monkey Junky!"

Look at you..........so clever!!!  Very Happy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.