April 28, 2024, 11:39:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS # 4  (Read 283469 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1460 on: June 15, 2005, 10:06:26 PM »

i know where curacao is .. thanx...NOW SIT DOWN!

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1461 on: June 15, 2005, 10:06:30 PM »

Quote from: "WonderWoman"
Did I miss something?  Was Dash on TV?  Somebody please clue me in!!   Confused

And-YES to the T-shirt!!  The one TT suggested Smile
Bill O'Reilly!
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1462 on: June 15, 2005, 10:06:31 PM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"
Nat's mom is amazing!

Yes she is.  I am so impressed with her and my heart goes out to her.  What a mom!!!!
huntsy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1463 on: June 15, 2005, 10:07:23 PM »

Quote from: "---"
Quote from: "huntsy"
Yall... magazines and show people won't leave me the heck alone now! AGH! I
I'm not picking up my phone for a while.  haha

Inside Edition called TWICE! in like, 20 minutes!

I think I might have opened Pandora's box.... danggit!

If People magazine call I think you shoud do it. They do great stories.

Is that a joke? haha

Uh no. They did good stories on Laci Peterson and Lori Hacking. I just meant that they could get the story out there.
Another K in Texas
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1464 on: June 15, 2005, 10:07:33 PM »

Any small islands nearby? And have they been checked?
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1465 on: June 15, 2005, 10:08:23 PM »

Quote from: "dragonfly"
Nat's mom is amazing!

Yes she is.  I am so impressed with her and my heart goes out to her.  What a mom!!!!

i love this woman!  She's looking less exhausted... she still looks tired, but thank goodness she is so strong.  She's absolutely amazing!
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1466 on: June 15, 2005, 10:08:57 PM »

Just to clear this up....if you use regular AOL AIM (without the Direct Computer Connect (DCC)) or YahooIM, you're logged in via username/password, and your IP address is recorded.  Your conversations over either applications ARE logged via AOL or Yahoo's system and are retained for a certain number of days.  After that period is up, in order to get the conversations, like say, for an investigation, the provider (AOL or Yahoo) can go to backups or other storage to pull it with the right information from law enforcement (usernames, dates, approx times, etc).  In fact, people getting AOL IM nicks these days (since May) are presented with a Terms of Service agreement which explicitly states that AOL has the right to use your conversation with another AIM user in *any* manner they wish.  The same logging, BTW, applies for wireless devices like cell phones, Treos, or Blackberrys.

While the DCC for AOL looks as though it directly connects to another computer, it too leaves a "trail" and temp files on both users' computers (which can be restored forensically)  especially if you're using a Windoze based computer.

Privacy on the Internet *only* applies to what you're ignorant of the provider doing, as with the recent arrest of student in the spring here in the DC area who was sending anonymous threating AOL IM's to other people about bombing a high school. The only way to keep your conversations private is for both users to use an encryption too like GAIM messenger with a PKI to encode both ends.

Another user and I were discussing this, then we took the discussion to the back channels as it was getting too technical.  I would love to give him the courtesy of referring to him by his login, but it is too hard to parse back too many pages and look it up.

Up through 1998 AOL IM used Server to peer connections.  We had philosophical reasons for that.  I assumed that AOL still did.   But based on our discussions, I am convince that AOL no longer does IM this way.
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1467 on: June 15, 2005, 10:09:12 PM »

O'Reilly called it a "World Exclusive"

Dash has graced Scared Monkeys with her info, stories and presence for 2 weeks. Who has had the exclusive?

We don't like consider her an exclusive, she's just our little Dash. On every day and spreading the word of Natalee as any friend would do.
Hagie9
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1468 on: June 15, 2005, 10:09:33 PM »

Nat's mom is amazing!

i love this woman!  She's looking less exhausted... she still looks tired, but thank goodness she is so strong.  She's absolutely amazing!

She shows such strength. It's absolutely amazing to me. I am a Christian also but I don't know that I would be able to carry myself the way that she has. Respect, that is the word that she brings to mind.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1469 on: June 15, 2005, 10:09:59 PM »

take the tech talk back to the back channels...

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1470 on: June 15, 2005, 10:10:10 PM »

Is that a joke? haha

Uh no. They did good stories on Laci Peterson and Lori Hacking. I just meant that they could get the story out there.

Haha... I already talked to People and they totally slanted the story and misquoted me and almost made me cry... that's why I was so scared to talk to any media...

(I don't think I'm going to do anything else... I did two things and one went bad... that's half! haha)
AzRose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1471 on: June 15, 2005, 10:10:14 PM »

S-FL: What a chilling story.  Sorry to say, but I'm not surprised to hear this.   Thankfully, she was one lucky girl.
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1472 on: June 15, 2005, 10:10:40 PM »

She still thinks her daughter is alive.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1473 on: June 15, 2005, 10:10:49 PM »

Is that a joke? haha

Hey Dash, do you need an agent   Wink
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1474 on: June 15, 2005, 10:10:55 PM »

Nat's mom is amazing!

WOW!
heavyheart
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1475 on: June 15, 2005, 10:11:18 PM »

Natalee's mom is so incredibly strong.  She is a class act.  If Natalee is anything like her mom, I would never beleive that she did the things the press is saying.
Vorpman
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1476 on: June 15, 2005, 10:11:26 PM »

Quote from: "rogers"

Just to clear this up....if you use regular AOL AIM (without the Direct Computer Connect (DCC)) or YahooIM, you're logged in via username/password, and your IP address is recorded.  Your conversations over either applications ARE logged via AOL or Yahoo's system and are retained for a certain number of days.  After that period is up, in order to get the conversations, like say, for an investigation, the provider (AOL or Yahoo) can go to backups or other storage to pull it with the right information from law enforcement (usernames, dates, approx times, etc).  In fact, people getting AOL IM nicks these days (since May) are presented with a Terms of Service agreement which explicitly states that AOL has the right to use your conversation with another AIM user in *any* manner they wish.  The same logging, BTW, applies for wireless devices like cell phones, Treos, or Blackberrys.

While the DCC for AOL looks as though it directly connects to another computer, it too leaves a "trail" and temp files on both users' computers (which can be restored forensically)  especially if you're using a Windoze based computer.

Privacy on the Internet *only* applies to what you're ignorant of the provider doing, as with the recent arrest of student in the spring here in the DC area who was sending anonymous threating AOL IM's to other people about bombing a high school. The only way to keep your conversations private is for both users to use an encryption too like GAIM messenger with a PKI to encode both ends.

Another user and I were discussing this, then we took the discussion to the back channels as it was getting too technical.  I would love to give him the courtesy of referring to him by his login, but it is too hard to parse back too many pages and look it up.

Up through 1998 AOL IM used Server to peer connections.  We had philosophical reasons for that.  I assumed that AOL still did.   But based on our discussions, I am convince that AOL no longer does IM this way.

I'm still here Roger
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1477 on: June 15, 2005, 10:11:58 PM »

Quote from: "Hagie9"
Nat's mom is amazing!

She shows such strength. It's absolutely amazing to me. I am a Christian also but I don't know that I would be able to carry myself the way that she has. Respect, that is the word that she brings to mind.

You can really tell she has lost weight.  I see a difference in her since this started.  It's funny, I watched her dad today and sat here thinking how Natalee looks like him.  Then I just watched her mom and she looks like her too.  It's like she got the best of both of them.  That's cool.
rogers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1478 on: June 15, 2005, 10:12:05 PM »

Is that a joke? haha

Haha... I already talked to People and they totally slanted the story and misquoted me and almost made me cry... that's why I was so scared to talk to any media...

(I don't think I'm going to do anything else... I did two things and one went bad... that's half! haha)

You really should have your own recording of any interviews that you give.
---
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1479 on: June 15, 2005, 10:12:38 PM »

Quote from: "DT"
She still thinks her daughter is alive.

I still do, too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.