April 23, 2024, 12:00:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Karen Douglas, 18yrs, missing 10/3/13 from Newton, Massechusetts BODY FOUND  (Read 9286 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: October 05, 2013, 01:42:52 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/05/massachusetts-police-seek-answers-in-case-missing-18-year-old/

Massachusetts police seek answers in case of missing 18-year-old

Published October 05, 2013

Police are searching for a missing Massachusetts teen who has not been seen or heard from since Thursday.

Karen Douglas, 18, was last seen by her mother at her Newton home around 1 p.m., police told MyFoxBoston.com.

Douglas’ parents reportedly did not know she was missing until attending a parent/teacher conference at school Thursday night where they were alerted by school officials that she had missed some of her classes, according to NECN.com. 

Family members then located her unattended car with the keys inside at her assigned student parking space near Newton-North High School Thursday night, Boston.com reported.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro-west/police-search-woods-for-missing-high-school-teen/-/11983044/22278866/-/wansv1z/-/index.html

Police search woods for missing high school teen
Karen Douglas last seen Thursday afternoon
UPDATED 1:54 PM EDT Oct 04, 2013

NEWTON, Mass. —Police are searching for an 18-year-old missing Newton girl who has not been since since Thursday afternoon.

Newton police are searching the Cabot Woods area for Karen Douglas, 18, of Washington Street.

Her car was found early Thursday afternoon in her assigned spot a half mile away from school.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »

Missing Newton girl’s body found in Natick

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/10/missing_newton_girl_s_body_found_in_natick

Sunday, October 6, 2013
Officials have confirmed that the body of a missing Newton-North High School student, who was reported missing Thursday, has been found in an unspecified location in Natick.The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office reported that investigators do not suspect foul play in the death of Karen Douglas, 18, but they declined to give any further information - See more at: link 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 05:50:55 PM »

Newton Police call off search for Karen Douglas, body found in Natick
By Staff reports
Wicked Local Newton
Posted Oct 06, 2013 @ 11:06 AM
Last update Oct 06, 2013 @ 01:34 PM

Newton -Newton Police announced this morning that the search for Karen Douglas is over.

The Middlesex District Attorney's office confirmed that Natick Police discovered Douglas's body late Saturday, Oct. 5.

"The death is not suspicious and there is no foul play," Stephanie Guyotte, a spokeperson for the District Attorney's office told the TAB Sunday. "No further information will be released."
http://www.wickedlocal.com/newton/features/x1155172335/Newton-Police-call-off-search-for-Karen-Douglas-18

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 06:01:46 PM »

How sad. Prayers for her family and friends. an angelic monkey RIP Karen Douglas

GOD BLESS AMERICA
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »

wow from the high school to Natick, MA
is 10miles, there is a bus route to Natick, MA
http://goo.gl/maps/r7eFJ

Karen Douglas, 18, was last seen by her mother at her Newton home around 1 p.m., police told MyFoxBoston.com
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/05/massachusetts-police-seek-answers-in-case-missing-18-year-old/

"The death is not suspicious and there is no foul play," Stephanie Guyotte, a spokeperson for the District Attorney's office told the TAB Sunday. "No further information will be released."
http://www.wickedlocal.com/newton/features/x1155172335/Newton-Police-call-off-search-for-Karen-Douglas-18

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »

So sad...

Rest in peace, Karen.  an angelic monkey

Prayers of strength and comfort for her family. 

http://www.reddit.com/r/boston/comments/1ntv9q/karen_douglas_found_in_suicide_thank_you_reddit/

*Karen Douglas Found in Suicide. Thank you Reddit for your prayers and actions* (self.boston)
submitted 18 hours ago by redwallet Newton

Dear Reddit...

This afternoon, I went with my dad to post flyers in Natick, the town where I lived until I was 14. We looked around the woods behind Strawberryhill Road and Dorset Lane. We posted her picture all over town. We spoke many people. We returned home. We were talking about where Karen might be and my mom mentioned a stone structure that is in those woods. We figured it was very much worth a shot.

Our former neighbor went out to look and shortly thereafter we received a phone call that 911 had been called and police and an ambulance were en route. We rushed to and arrived at the scene to be informed by officers that my sister had indeed been found, and that it was too late.

She likely died in a drug overdose and had been dead perhaps even 24 hours. We won't know more details until the autopsy is performed and numerous other protocols are followed. It will likely be in the media.

I stood over the stretcher and the canvas bag that held my sister and I broke down. I had stood there in shock for so long, surrounded by my family and the pastors from my church, and a close family friend. But I broke down when we gathered around the stretcher to say a last prayer. I sank to the ground and became hysterical over the loss of my sister. The others said their words as I gripped the bar of the stretcher.

I slowly stood up and sang to her the song "Cats and Rabbits" from Disney's Alice in Wonderland. It was a song that she always asked me to sing to her when we were little, when she was feeling lonely or scared, or just wanted to hear me sing it and to revel in our moment.

She was a beautiful person.

I want to thank reddit for being such a supportive network over these past few days. I want to thank those who shared Karen's picture, those who tweeted her information, those who PMed me and offered to help search. It means more than you will ever be able to comprehend. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I can't promise that the road ahead will be easy, and I know there will be jerks along the way, but thank you for your loving support and kindness.

Karen, I love you. I have always loved you. And in these past few days, I've finally realized just how much I love you. There is nothing in my heart but love. I kept waiting for any sign of anger that you tossed my life up in the air again, but it never even came. I've come such a long way. And I truly believe that you are in God's hands now. I hope you will no longer suffer. You have such a beautiful soul.

Rest in Peace, my sister. I love you.

-Sonya Maria Douglas, "redwallet"

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 10:42:51 PM »

How sad. Beautiful girl..RIP...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »

Rest in peace Karen.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.