March 28, 2024, 07:38:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kira Trevino, 30yrs old missing since 2/22/13 St. Paul, MN(Body Found)  (Read 33610 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2013, 05:31:33 PM »

Identified very quickly through dental records.  He beat the crap out of her.  Just hang him.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2013, 06:50:16 PM »

Identified very quickly through dental records.  He beat the crap out of her.  Just hang him.   

So sad!

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 02:27:33 AM »

it should be winter by the time of conviction,just throw the POS in the miss
looks like he prob dumped her,near the mall (Kira work),as the M river
runs south to the gulf,and the robert bridge is east of the mall, and south
of the home,its mostly park on both sides of the river,for miles and miles

http://goo.gl/maps/EOWvX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RobertStreetBridge1.jpg

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2013, 04:27:33 AM »

Agreed   

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 08:45:27 PM »

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/226213221.html

Jury finds Trevino guilty of murder

Article by: CHAO XIONG , Star Tribune
    Updated: October 3, 2013 - 1:29 PM

‘Our family will never be the same,’ dad says after wrenching trial

Jeffery Trevino was convicted Wednesday of killing his wife, ending the anxious waiting for friends and family of Kira Steger, who was missing for more than two months before her body was found in the Mississippi River.

“I believe Kira would be very happy that he was found guilty,” her mother, Marcie Steger, said outside the Ramsey County Courthouse. “Unfortunately she’s not here. At least he’s not walking around. He was found accountable.”

After she disappeared in February, hundreds of volunteers scoured woods and lakes in an unusually bitter winter searching for Steger, whose disappearance quickly became a public cause and rallying point against domestic violence. She was among the first of several Minnesota women killed in domestic violence incidents this year, some in eerily similar circumstances. Finally, her body turned up in May near a barge in the Mississippi River.

On Wednesday, more than two dozen of Steger’s family members and friends sat in court as the jury of four women and eight men filed in and delivered the verdict after eight days of testimony and 17 hours of deliberation. Her father, Jay Steger, dabbed at his eyes with a tissue and glanced sympathetically at Trevino’s parents. Trevino’s family sat across the aisle, his sister crying loudly on their mother’s shoulder.

Jurors heard testimony that the couple were on the verge of divorce and viewed several photos of bloodstains in their master bedroom before determining that Trevino was guilty of second degree murder without intent. He was acquitted of one count of second degree murder with intent, meaning jurors believe he didn’t mean to kill her.

Jay Steger said his heart sank when the acquittal was read first, but said that the family is glad there was a conviction on the second count, which carries a maximum of 40 years in prison, as did the count on which Trevino was acquitted.

Trevino’s sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 25. District Judge Leonardo Castro will also issue his decision on whether there were aggravating factors in the case that merit an upward departure for Trevino’s sentence.

“The amount of time he’s looking at isn’t enough,” Jay Steger said. “I don’t care if he got a hundred years. It still wouldn’t have been enough.”

Steger, 30, was last seen alive in public on Feb. 21 while on a date night with Trevino, 39, at the Mall of America, where she worked as co-manager of the clothing retailer Delia’s. He reported her missing to police on Feb. 24, her father’s birthday. Her body was recovered from the Mississippi River on May 8, a cut to the bone over her left eyebrow, her left index finger snapped above the knuckle, a tear above her lip and abrasions on the inside of her mouth that indicate she was likely smothered and possibly punched.

Assistant Ramsey County attorneys Richard Dusterhoft and Andrew Johnson told jurors that Trevino killed Steger in a jealous rage because she was having an affair with a co-worker and wanted a divorce. Trevino’s attorney, John Conard, said there were too many holes in the prosecution’s forensic evidence and that someone else killed Steger and stole her iPhone, which was activated on March 22 and sold online to a buyer in Indonesia.

Prosecutors said Trevino killed Steger after he got fed up with her texting the co-worker throughout their date night. Her last text to the man was at 11:44 p.m. telling him that the Minnesota Wild won their game. Prosecutors believe Trevino killed her in their master bedroom within two hours of that text message, put her in the trunk of her car, fueled the car at a gas station on Larpenteur Avenue about 2:10 a.m. on Feb. 22, and dumped her in the river.

Steger’s family waited months to find her, and even longer to lay her to rest. Steger’s body will finally be released to her family now that the trial is over.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2013, 08:47:52 PM »

http://www.waow.com/story/23732462/2013/10/18/funeral-plans-for-kira-steger-trevino

Funeral service set for Kira Steger Trevino
Posted: Oct 18, 2013 6:40 PM CST
By Daniel Woodruff, Anchor, Multimedia Journalist - bio | email

WAUSAU (WAOW) -

The family of a D.C. Everest graduate killed by her husband will lay her to rest next week.

The funeral for Kira Steger Trevino will take place Saturday, October 26 at St. Mark's Parish on Military Road in Rothschild.

Kira's mother, Marcie Steger, tells Newsline 9 visitation will run from 11:30 until 12:30. The funeral service will follow.

After the funeral, a procession will travel to Kira's final resting place at St. Michael's cemetery.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2013, 08:52:21 PM »

http://whbl.com/news/articles/2013/oct/18/jeffrey-trevino-claims-he-didnt-cause-enough-damage-to-kill-kira-steger/

Jeffrey Trevino claims he didn't cause enough damage to kill Kira Steger
Friday, October 18, 2013 9:29 a.m. CDT

ST. PAUL, MN (WTAQ) - The Minnesota man convicted of killing Wausau area native Kira Steger now claims he didn't cause enough of her injuries to kill her.

A defense lawyer has asked a judge to throw out Jeffrey Trevino's guilty verdict for unintentional second-degree murder.

John Conard said there was insufficient legal basis for the jury's verdict on October 2nd. 

Jurors said they could tie the 39-year-old Trevino to the killing of his 30-year-old wife Steger in February, but they could not find proof that Trevino planned the murder. Conard said there was no proof that Steger died from a serious cut above her left eyebrow.

She also suffered a broken finger, but Conard said the injury only rises to the level of third-degree assault -- not murder.

The defense lawyer mentioned nothing about testimony during the trial that Trevino likely smothered Steger.

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.