April 24, 2024, 07:32:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Fabricating consensus on immigration"  (Read 1637 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 27, 2013, 08:12:06 PM »

Ideas to explain various polls supporting Amnesty infinity...

However, other polls, including one by Reuters/Ipsos and another by Pulse Opinion Research commissioned by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), show that when a realistic enforcement option is offered, American voters still prefer enforcement over amnesty by a wide margin. When asked to consider sensible enforcement measures that discourage illegal aliens from coming and remaining — such as effective workplace enforcement and limiting access to many public benefits and services — the Pulse poll found voters favor enforcement.

The same poll also shows widespread rejection of the administration’s claims that it is effectively enforcing immigration laws. A scant 2 percent of voters believe that the government is doing an effective job “preventing illegal immigrants from living and working in the U.S.” and only 19 percent even think a “somewhat effective” job is being done.

Nor do voters have much confidence that immigration laws would be enforced effectively even after an amnesty. Only 5 percent are “very confident” that future illegal immigration would be curtailed and just 21 percent are even “somewhat confident.”

Thus, two critical elements of the case for amnesty are far from established fact. It is one thing to declare victory over illegal immigration and fabricate consensus for amnesty. Convincing Americans to disbelieve their eyes, ears, and instincts is proving much more difficult.
Emphasis added

read more here - Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/27/fabricating-consensus-on-immigration/#ixzz2M9PxnglD

When does illegal immigration end?

When are American citizens returning to first class status?  Ahead of criminals and illegals?

One excuse given is that there aren't enough buses...do they all have to go in one trip?  The same bus? 

I've heard that Obama spent more on failed green energy 'investments' (billions) than was spent to build a border fence (less than one billion).  Seems like stimulus could have been better spend building a fence, adding guard stations, and effective drones-boots on the ground too.

Why don't they give Americans better options?  REAL enforcement. 

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 09:09:40 PM »

In Wisconsin, we've been reading about the Palermo case for months...

"ICE Cuts Deal with Unions to Avoid Enforcing Immigration Law"

Unions are willing to go very far indeed to attract immigrants to their ranks. In a dramatic new development, unions are actually protecting immigrants who are potential union members against America’s own labor and immigration laws.  A recent example involves Palermo’s Villa, a Milwaukee, Wisconsin frozen pizza manufacturer that sells to Costco.

In the midst of these organization efforts, Palermo faced an immigration audit which required the company to ask workers for proof of work eligibility.  The company fired workers who did not comply, as federal law requires.

::snipping2::   

Workers striking over employment eligibility verification is astonishing.   Even more astonishing is how the federal government responded to this labor dispute.  After union officials complained about the firings to the Obama administration, United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) halted its immigration investigation against Palermo.   Was ICE satisfied that Palermo had resolved its immigration issues?  That’s not it.  An agreement between the Department of Homeland Security and the Labor Department actually requires this result. If a union and an employer are engaged in a dispute over organizing workers, ICE is barred from pursuing an immigration investment of that workplace under this agreement.

A pro-immigrant group explained that this agreement means ICE can’t take action against workers who “have used a false Social Security Number or a borrowed Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to get a job” in any workplace in which there is an ongoing labor dispute. Enforcement of our laws apparently now takes a back-seat to labor unions’ “rights” to organize workplaces.  This is exactly the type of outcome that we should expect when we let labor unions get deep into our federal government.
Emphasis added.

- See more at: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/27/Union-deal-ICE#sthash.HRbPZCe0.dpuf

Who stands with American workers?  Citizens?  It's ok to get jobs using stolen/bogus Social Security numbers, pretend to be eligible to work?

Palermo's is located in Milwaukee, home of thousands of able bodied welfare recipients.  How is it possible that illegal aliens find these jobs?  Welfare recipients don't?  What's wrong with this picture?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:33 PM »

Palermo’s got notice from ICE on Feb. 17, 2011, that the department was conducting a worksite investigation and I-9 audit at the company. During the investigation, ICE identified 89 people as ineligible to work in the U.S. and said Palermo’s would need to provide further documentation for those employees. Continuing to employ illegal workers is a crime, the notice said.

The company gave workers notice they would need to file additional documentation by June 8, The ICE investigation was stayed on June 7 as a result of the labor dispute.

The company claims Voces de La Frontera is blatantly subverting immigration law by focusing instead on a labor dispute.

Since the ICE investigation said Palermo’s was legally bound to separate from employment those employees who did not meet its documentation requirements, the company did so after June 8.

read more here - http://www.biztimes.com/article/20120628/ENEWSLETTERS02/120629765/-1/daily_enews

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.