March 29, 2024, 01:58:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Chinese environmentalist beaten after challenging government official"  (Read 905 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 27, 2013, 08:23:20 PM »

The Telegraph China/9896761/Chinese-environmentalist-beaten-after-calling-on-official-to-swim-in-polluted-creek.html">reports that environmental activist Chen Yuqian posted on the internet a vow to pay 200,000 yuan — about $32,000 — to the local environmental protection chief in if he bathed in a polluted river near Rui’an City.

“My father was alone at home,” said Chen’s daughter. “Some 40 people turned up in plain clothes, some holding batons. The only thing they said was: ‘[You] used the internet, you always use the internet!’”

“The whole thing lasted four or five hours until the police arrived. My father got hit in the head by six or seven people, with their fists. He is now feeling dizzy and sleeping all the time,” she added.

Reports claim that China’s environmental protection agency has refused to publish the findings from a national survey of soil pollution, arguing the data is a “state secret.” Estimates say that as much as 10 percent of Chinese farmland is contaminated by arsenic, lead, mercury and cadmium.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/27/chinese-environmentalist-beaten-after-challenging-government-official/#ixzz2M9T6adDz

Where does the arsenic, lead, mercury, and cadmium in OUR food come from?  How much of it is from components 'Made in China'?

What if Chinese citizens owned guns?  How do they protect themselves from big government?  Who protects the working men, women, and children in China?

What happens when Americans lose the 'right' to protect themselves?  How many government officials will show up?  How many drones will they send?

It seems like Obama's big government goes after every e-coli in the US.  How much inspection are they doing for heavy metals in imported food components?  (contaminated protein/dog food/snacks/etc)

Wasn't one man with a stick enough?

How sad.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.