March 28, 2024, 02:53:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother arrested for using stun gun on 14 yo son  (Read 2993 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 06, 2013, 06:25:29 PM »

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news?fId=195679801&fPath=/news/local/&fDomain=10232
Mother arrested for using stun gun on son
March 6, 2013

::snipping2::
Kimira Hysaw, 32, was arrested by Pflugerville police and charged with the third degree felony.
An arrest affidavit states that the investigation began on Feb. 25, after Pflugerville police received a report from Child Protective Services. Police were told that a four-year-old student named "K" told her teacher that her 14-year-old brother "D" got in trouble and had been "tased" four times by their mother.
When interviewed by police at school a few days later, "K" told an officer that her father helped to hold "D" down while their mom shocked him with a pink stun gun that she keeps in her purse. "K" told police that the incident occurred after her brother went to play basketball without permission. She told police that "D" made noises "like he was hurting."
Officers then interviewed another sibling, eight-year-old "J." He also confirmed that "D" gets "tased" by their mother with a pink stun gun when he gets in trouble.

When police found "D" and asked about the incident, he did not want to speak to them. He admitted that his mother owns a stun gun and showed officers marks on his body which were consistent with what his siblings told police.
On March 1, police called Hysaw. Officers say she admitted to owning a stun gun, but said she did not want to meet with police. The officer who spoke to her said she was resistant and blamed her children over the phone before hanging up on the officer.
The arrest affidavit states that Hysaw "did intentionally and knowingly cause bodily injury to a child 14 years of age or younger, a Third Degree Felony."
Hysaw's bond has been set at $50,000.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »

I think using a stun gun on a fourteen year old boy because he went out to play basketball without permission is pretty barbaric.  I don't have all the background, but that's harsh!  If the mother used a stun gun because her son attacked her, that might be a reason.  But neither she nor anyone else should use a stun gun (especially on a child) for discipline.     I'd like to know why the father hasn't been charged for holding "D" down while the mother tased him.  Dad not only was a witness to "D"' being bodily harmed, he helped the mother do it. 

Is "D" the only child out of the family having a stun gun used as a disciplinary measure?  If so, why?  There are some that will say "spare the rod, spoil the child", but a stun gun is really painful.  I was reading some comments at the end of articles.  Parenting isn't easy, and sometimes kids can be a handful, but when folks start using a stun gun on them,    JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:43:11 PM »

The article below has a bit more background info in it than the first I posted, but this one doesn't show the mother has been arrested and charged with bodily injury to a child 14 years of age or younger, a Third Degree Felony.  She's being held on a $50,000.00 bond.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/police-pflugerville-mom-used-taser-to-discipline-c/nWjQS/
Police: Pflugerville mom used Taser to discipline child
March 6, 2013

Comments at end of article.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 01:50:02 AM »

The boy's sister stated the stun gun had been used on his head, back, legs, and arms.  His mother states he leaves and she does not know where he is most of the time.  I wonder why he would rather not be at home?  <rolls eyes>

http://www.keyetv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/pflugerville-mom-accused-using-stun-gun-teen-son-
7274.shtml?wap=0

Children have been killed by parents trying to use a stun gun as punishment.

http://stunguns411.com/How-Dangerous-is-the-Average-Stun-Gun-Volt.html

Muffybee, I cannot believe all the comments on the link you posted... almost everyone believes a stungun is the new switch/belt method of punishing children.  I was spanked with a belt and I can tell you it is absolutely a form of abuse.

I've never ever spanked my three kids, two of whom are grown.  They are precious vibrant happy people.  All this dang violence.  It's absurd. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 06:23:30 PM »

The boy's sister stated the stun gun had been used on his head, back, legs, and arms.  His mother states he leaves and she does not know where he is most of the time.  I wonder why he would rather not be at home?  <rolls eyes>

http://www.keyetv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/pflugerville-mom-accused-using-stun-gun-teen-son-
7274.shtml?wap=0

Children have been killed by parents trying to use a stun gun as punishment.

http://stunguns411.com/How-Dangerous-is-the-Average-Stun-Gun-Volt.html

Muffybee, I cannot believe all the comments on the link you posted... almost everyone believes a stungun is the new switch/belt method of punishing children.  I was spanked with a belt and I can tell you it is absolutely a form of abuse.

I've never ever spanked my three kids, two of whom are grown.  They are precious vibrant happy people.  All this dang violence.  It's absurd. 

(Bolded by me)

Those comments were really scary.   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crime-law/grand-jury-no-bills-woman-accused-of-using-taser-o/nZTgx/
Grand jury no bills woman accused of using Taser on son
August 20, 2013

American-Statesman Staff

Kimira Hysaw is no longer facing a felony charge of injury to a child, according to documents filed Aug. 5 in Travis County district court.
In an arrest warrant affidavit, police said a teacher reported the incident, saying the 14-year-old boy “had been in trouble and was ‘Tased’ four times by (his) mother.”
“I don’t know, I don’t stay in her business,” the child told the investigating officer who asked about the Taser incident and observed several stun gun-like burn marks on the boy’s right arm and back, the affidavit said.
Hysaw confirmed she owned a pink Taser but would not discuss the matter further, it said.
“I threaten him with it,” Hysaw told police, according to the affidavit. The child “is a handful. ” I don’t even know where my child is half the time.”

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 02:24:53 PM »

wtf...... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.