March 28, 2024, 07:23:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mom holds 8-year-old’s hands on hot griddle as form of punishment  (Read 2825 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 06, 2013, 09:34:07 PM »

http://www.khou.com/home/Mom-holds-8-year-olds-hands-on-hot-griddle-because-she-thought-he-stole-PSP-195661011.html
HPD: Mom holds 8-year-old’s hands on hot griddle as form of punishment
March 6, 2013

::snipping2::
Police said on December 19, 2012, Guevara thought her son stole a PSP game system from school. When the child denied taking the device, she took him into the kitchen after dinner and held his hands on a hot griddle on the stove top.
The child screamed and tried to get away, but his mom pressed her hands on top of his and kept it there for more than a minute, police said.
The mother’s girlfriend heard the boy screaming and ran into the kitchen. She rushed the boy to the bathroom and placed his hands under a faucet of cold, running water.
Both women saw the boy’s hands were swollen and full of puss, but neither took him to the hospital for treatment. The girlfriend said she loved his mom and did not want her to get into any trouble.
Guevara also threatened her son, saying she would burn his tongue if he ever told anyone.
The boy said nothing and continued to suffer in silence until school administrators saw him scratching his hands and investigated.
Guevara’s bail was set at $55,000.

Video at Link
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:41:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »

Oh my gosh!  This poor little boy suffered so much in silence, with the fear his Mom would burn his tongue too, if he told.      His Mom is in jail where she belongs.  But what happens next?  Will he ever be safe from this kind of thing again?  What about the Mom's girlfriend?  She may have aided the boy at the time by running his hands under water,  but she had knowledge of what his mother did to him and didn't report it, nor did she help get him get medical treatment.  The article above states his hands were swollen and full of puss.      

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 10:56:28 PM »

The sad thing is that this little boy still loves his mom. I hope she does not get custody of him ever again. Assuming that she will lose custody.
Sorry for this little boy. That had to hurt so much.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 11:11:19 PM »

The sad thing is that this little boy still loves his mom. I hope she does not get custody of him ever again. Assuming that she will lose custody.
Sorry for this little boy. That had to hurt so much.

I'm not sure if the little boy still loves his mom or not.  What was so disturbing to me is the mom's girlfriend didn't seek medical attention for the little boy because she loved the boys mom and didn't want to get her in trouble.    What kind of love is that?  How could she let the little boy suffer?  JMHO

http://www.khou.com/home/Mom-holds-8-year-olds-hands-on-hot-griddle-because-she-thought-he-stole-PSP-195661011.html
The girlfriend said she loved his mom and did not want her to get into any trouble.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 12:33:41 AM »

I imagine we all fracture a little bit as children when hurtful things are said and done to us, especially by those who we love.  These kind of tragic events have the capacity to really change the way a person thinks and processes and behaves.  Sometimes a 'split' can even occur if there is repeated tragedy and infliction of pain.

This could potentially be a criminal in the making.  I know it's not a popular subject because we want all adult criminals to take responsibility for their actions, and they should be held accountable and punished for what they do.  It is my opinion, though, that if we could succeed in raising one healthy generation we could change the world.

Part of that could be very very very strict, even what some might consider overly strict, punishment against any person inflicting pain or abuse against a child.  It is one way we can protect and change our future.

I realize it might be overy idealistic however every time I see a story about abuse of a child my mind takes me forward in time to the child's future and how he or she will carry that pain with them for years, and maybe a lifetime, as dysfunction and difficulty relating to the world around them in healthy ways.

::MonkeyAngel::God, I ask you with all my heart to surround this boy with loving angelic healing.  Keep him whole, shower him with your divine love and fill him with strength to remain still and stable and strong.  Mostly let him KNOW, really KNOW, how loved and lovable he is.  Hoping he can smile and laugh again real soon, Amen. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 01:18:32 AM »

What I was eluding to when I said that it is sad that this little boy still loves his mom, was that as badly as some children are treated by abusive parents, they still love them.

It is appalling that the girlfriend could still love that abusive mother after she burnt that little boys hands. She should have taken the child for treatment, reported the mother and moved out that same day...

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 01:55:52 AM »

What I was eluding to when I said that it is sad that this little boy still loves his mom, was that as badly as some children are treated by abusive parents, they still love them.

It is appalling that the girlfriend could still love that abusive mother after she burnt that little boys hands. She should have taken the child for treatment, reported the mother and moved out that same day...

I agree Cookie. 

Another way to look at it:  It's appalling that these two women didn't love this boy enough to not hold his hands on a hot griddle then get him medical attention for the puss filled swollen hands.  I can't believe they even know what love is. 

It's stupid to say you love a woman willing to do this to her own eight year old baby.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 07:45:14 AM »

(Bolded by me)
I see what you were saying now, cookie.  That's so sad. 

I guess the girlfriend was thinking more of herself and her lover than of the welfare of the little boy.  Selfish. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 10:13:53 AM »

I imagine we all fracture a little bit as children when hurtful things are said and done to us, especially by those who we love.  These kind of tragic events have the capacity to really change the way a person thinks and processes and behaves.  Sometimes a 'split' can even occur if there is repeated tragedy and infliction of pain.

This could potentially be a criminal in the making.  I know it's not a popular subject because we want all adult criminals to take responsibility for their actions, and they should be held accountable and punished for what they do.  It is my opinion, though, that if we could succeed in raising one healthy generation we could change the world.

Part of that could be very very very strict, even what some might consider overly strict, punishment against any person inflicting pain or abuse against a child.  It is one way we can protect and change our future.

I realize it might be overy idealistic however every time I see a story about abuse of a child my mind takes me forward in time to the child's future and how he or she will carry that pain with them for years, and maybe a lifetime, as dysfunction and difficulty relating to the world around them in healthy ways.

an angelic monkey  God, I ask you with all my heart to surround this boy with loving angelic healing.  Keep him whole, shower him with your divine love and fill him with strength to remain still and stable and strong.  Mostly let him KNOW, really KNOW, how loved and lovable he is.  Hoping he can smile and laugh again real soon, Amen. 

BBM

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.