April 27, 2024, 01:51:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 26 Year Old Terrilynn Monnette Missing Since 3/2/13 New Orleans, LA(Body Found)  (Read 31183 times)
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »

Read the comments from people that know the area;
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/06/terrilyn_monettes_car_has_been.html
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 10:16:03 PM »

Missing Louisiana Teacher Terrilynn Monette Car Found With Body Inside in a Bayou in New Orleans, Louisiana

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/06/08/missing-louisiana-teacher-terrilynn-monette-car-found-with-body-inside-in-a-bayou-in-new-orleans-louisiana/

Just too bad. Its hard to believe that a car could have gone into the water there that some one would have heard something?

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Monetteupdate-210701501.html?gallery=y&img=0&c=y
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 10:42:42 PM »

6/8/13    Terrilyn Monette's car has been found with her body inside, Rep. Austin Badon says

"The car of missing teacher Terrilyn Monette has been found in Bayou St. John, near the corner of Harrison Avenue and Wisner Boulevard, state Rep. Austin Badon confirmed Saturday. Monette's body was believed to be in the car, Badon said.

A Slidell Police Department officer who volunteered to dive in the water and search for the car located it before about noon Saturday. The car matched the license plate, make, model and color of Monette's."

Thanks for the update alagary.

From the getgo I suspected that Terrilynn may have fallen asleep/passed out at the wheel ... her vehicle left the road and went into one of the waterways on the route to her home.  I wonder why it took so long to discover the vehicle?

I am thankful the family are no longer in limbo wondering the whereabouts of Terrilynn.

Janet

++++

26 Year Old Elementary School Teacher Terrilynn Monnette Missing Since March 2, 2013 in the Lakeview section of New Orleans

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/03/08/26-year-old-elementary-school-teacher-terrilynn-monnette-missing-since-march-2-2013-in-the-lakeview-section-of-new-orleans/

26 year old Terrilynn Monnette has been missing since the early hours of Saturday morning, March 2, 2013. The 26 year old elementary school teacher was last seen with friends on Friday night at a bar, Parlay’s, in the Lakeview section of New Orleans. Employees say she’d just finished a night of heavy drinking with several friends. Then she and a male acquaintance walked out and sat inside her car. According to reports, Monnette left the bar around 4 o’clock Saturday morning with a male acquaintance. The two talked for a while than the bar’s video surveillance showed they left in separate cars and headed off in opposite directions.  Terrilynn Monnette has not been seen or heard from since.

::snipping2::

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 11:10:14 PM »

Search for Terrilynn Monette, missing teacher, ends with discovery of her submerged car
June 08, 2013

On Friday (June 7), 97 days after the disappearance of Terrilynn Monette, Slidell police officer Mark Michaud and state Rep. Austin Badon met at the lawmaker's home in eastern New Orleans, fired up a computer and tried to identify the various routes the West Bank elementary school teacher might have taken to get home the morning she vanished in the vicinity of City Park.

On the morning of Day 98, Michaud, the leader of the Slidell Police Department's dive team, went to Bayou St. John on his 17-foot boat during his free time. Scanning the waters with a portable sonar device, he found a submerged car close to a bridge at the corner of Harrison Avenue and Wisner Boulevard.

It seemed that the vehicle was pointed the way Monette, 26, would probably have been going on March 2 after she drove away from Parlay's bar in the 800 block of Harrison Avenue about 5 a.m. -- the last time anyone saw her.

Michaud, 49, grabbed his gear, dove in and saw a black Honda Accord - the same make and model as Monette's car. He then studied the license plate. It read, "WUN 494."

It was Monette's car, and there was a badly decomposed body in the driver's seat -- presumably that of the missing teacher.

<snipped>

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/06/search_for_terrilynn_monette_m.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 11:20:43 PM »

Prior to the discovery the vehicle by a police diver working on his own time ... it appears there was an assertion of mismanagement within the investigation regarding the disappearance Terrilynn.

Janet

+++++

Terrilynn Monette investigation stalled because of NOPD mismanagement, police officer's attorney alleges; Serpas denies assertions
June 05, 2013

One of the few NOPD detectives qualified to make forensic examinations of computers was not allowed time to work on the case of missing teacher Terrilynn Monette because his supervisors assigned him to non-investigative tasks, according to the officer's attorney.

Instead, officer Dan Plustache was told to focus on preparing his unit's weekly Comstat report, fixing departmental equipment, handling special-event coverage and patrolling other districts as part of Superintendent Ronal Serpas' Mission Two deployments, according to a letter that Police Association of New Orleans attorney Eric Hessler sent Tuesday to Serpas.

Serpas denied the assertions Wednesday.

Hessler wrote that Plustache repeatedly emailed his supervisors that such routine assignments were interfering with more urgent detective work.

"His numerous emails informing his chain of command of his inability to perform this (Monette) investigation fell on deaf ears," Hessler wrote. "Despite numerous requests and pleas, Plustache was never relieved of any of these extraneous duties to focus on this case."

<snipped>

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/06/terrilyn_monette_investigation.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 11:25:26 PM »

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/06/photos_of_terrilynn_monettes_c.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »

http://www.fox8live.com/story/21656370/old-cars-in-bayou-st-john-complicate-search-for-missing-teachers-vehicle

Old cars in Bayou St. John complicate search for missing teacher's vehicle

Updated: Mar 15, 2013 4:01 PM PDT
Written by: Nancy Parker - email

New Orleans, La. -

The owner of a Texas search company says he's bringing in bigger sonar units on Sunday. EquuSearch is combing area waterways for a missing teacher.

Tim Miller of EquuSearch says the same equipment used in the Natalee Holloway investigation in Aruba will be brought here.

Now the company is moving its efforts to find Terrilynn Monette to the bridge by Robert E. Lee, looking for any sign of Monette's black Honda.

So many cars are under the waters of the bayou, though, it's making their job trickier.

"We have seen many cars under the water. They are not all in clusters. Some of them are older than others and actually on the sonar machine you can see barnacles growing off of them," said Caitlyn Garey of EquuSearch.

Crews face challenges as they look for any sign of Terrilynn Monette or her car beneath miles of bayou.  There are so many other vehicles under the water.

"I think we got 11 or 12 in there, all along the bayou," said Tim Miller.

The search crew says the cars may have been stolen, left over from Katrina, or dumped for some other reason.
 ::snipping2::

http://fsjna.org/2013/03/8-cars-found-in-bayou-st-john/

Searchers have not found any signs of tire tracks in the land or mud surrounding various bodies of water between Parlay’s, the Lakeview bar in the 800 block of Harrison Avenue where Monette was last seen, and her apartment, Miller said.

The number of cars they found in there is just unreal imo.   

And unfortunately even if they'd found tracks going in, the car may have traveled in the moving water before it settled.

It's so sad that this is not a happy ending, but I'm glad they finally found her so she can have a proper burial and her family has closure.

Rest in peace, Terrilynn.   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2013, 11:51:14 PM »

Terrilynn Monette's car has been found with her body inside, Rep. Austin Badon says
June 08, 2013

Terrilynn Monette was found Saturday in Bayou St. John, near the corner of Harrison Avenue and Wisner Boulevard, authorities said. Monette's body was believed to be in the car, state Rep. Austin Badon said.

<snipped>

Monette's family has been flying back and forth from her native California to continue to look for her. Monette's mother, Toni Enclade, watched with Badon from the bank of the bayou as her daughter's car surfaced. Shortly afterward, Enclade was sobbing when she was reached by telephone.

"I don't understand why it took them so long to find her car," Enclade said between tears. "This is supposedly one of the first places they would have checked. I'm just overwhelmed. It doesn't make sense."

Sobbing, she politely excused herself and hung up.

<snipped>

_____

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 11:17:26 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57588567-504083/terrilynn-monette-update-body-idd-as-missing-la-teacher-cause-of-death-is-drowning-coroner-says/
Terrilynn Monette Update: Body ID'd as missing La. teacher, cause of death is drowning, coroner says
June 10, 2013

(CBS/AP) NEW ORLEANS - The Orleans Parish coroner's office has confirmed through dental records that the body found inside of a car pulled from the bayou in New Orleans is that of missing teacher Terrilynn Monette, CBS affiliate WWLTV reports.
According to the station, the coroner's office has ruled the cause of death drowning.

Monette, 26, had been considered missing since the early hours of March 2 after leaving a New Orleans bar not far from the bayou. She would've had to cross the waterway to get home.

Monette's disappearance sparked a broad search handled in part by the Texas group Equusearch. A number of cars were pulled earlier from Bayou St. John as part of the search, some of which had been reported stolen.

Monette's family had been flying back and forth from California to look for her. They attended a prayer vigil Friday and appealed for FBI intervention, accusing the New Orleans Police Department of mishandling the case. The department has denied the accusations.

Toni Enclade, Monette's mother, was present when the car was retrieved from the bayou, according to WWLTV.

The discovery was made by Mark Michaud, a diver with the Slidell Police Department. State Representative Austin Badon said he and Michaud want the $20,000 Crimestoppers reward to go towards Monette's funeral costs, the station reports. Crimestoppers says the reward is only distributed if the New Orleans Police Department determines that foul play was involved. If not, money raised by Monette's family will go back to the family.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.