April 25, 2024, 03:52:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Glass Ceiling  (Read 1503 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 12, 2013, 01:40:14 PM »

It seems like the 'Glass Ceiling' has been institutionalized by government to cover every American, those here legally and illegally...

In the olden days, a raise from your employer didn't always mean more money.  Young folks who weren't paying attention to politics didn't understand how a good (or even a 'low/bad') raise could TAKE more money from your paycheck.  In the olden days, the gulf between income tax brackets might mean your new tax bracket meant more money to uncle Sam and less money in your pocket.  Thus, your employer did you a favor by not giving you a raise...

Today, it seems like uncle Obama is bolting that glass ceiling onto the backs of Americans.  The glass ceiling seems to ensure that hard working people never see more money in their pocket when they work harder, work smarter, or want to expand a business.

I've been listening to how Obamacare has caused employers to cut hours to prevent paying high penalties.  Employers plan to dump employees on government medical, not the high class system they may already enjoy, but government healthcare, from which there doesn't seem to be any escape.  Got $20,000 to pay for your Obamacare family plan?  A plan you don't want, don't need, don't think will be there when you need it?  An expensive weight around every American from the day they are born?

What to do?  Send your company's business to China?  Job shop it to foreign labor and companies that don't have the same government burdens?  Employees that may get paid more, see more of their earnings in their pocket, make more money than Americans? 

Are you really getting an Obamacare bonus when 'free' healthcare costs you $20,000 a year?

It's like a glass ceiling on American hard work.  Work hard, work smart, market a good product and once you get past 50 employees, bam!!!  You hit the Obama Glass Ceiling for progress.  Its a ceiling that seems to siphon off the fruit of your labor, ensure you'll always be small potatoes, and never compete in the arena of big corrupt global business, banks, and other elitist entities?  Never golf with the heavy hitters of industry?  Finance?  Never dream about getting your next bailout from Washington or the big private/national banks?  Never get a blank check for profits?

The Obama Glass Ceiling - coming for every American.  Spend, spend, spend, the 'rich' can just pay more, no need for across the board tariffs that level the playing field...

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 01:54:48 PM »

Obama's Glass Ceiling has destroyed the American Dream.

Generations of immigrants used to dream of coming to America to make it big.  Get a job, a home, raise a family, and know that their children would have a better life than they did.  Today, that dream is gone. 

Today, people come here illegally and legally and go on welfare.  Some may choose to work and collect at the same time.  No dreams of paying their own way, working hard...just go on the dole, demand a vote and instant citizenship, regardless of criminal background, and wrongdoing...

Yesterday's dreamers wanted opportunity.  Start a business, grow, become wealthy beyond anything they could imagine.  Complain about not being able to break into the elite community...

Today, there is Obama's Glass Ceiling.  No matter how hard you work, how much money you make, anything past a certain amount seems destined for instant and latent confiscation by government.  Work all you want, make lots of money, it will never make it to your pocket.

Those same rules do not apply to big global companies, big global banks, big global interests, foreign companies, foreign workers...they still get to reap the benefits of their hard work and sales in the American market place.

American's screwed by the glass ceiling, every generations.  No way to break though this blockage on prosperity. 

Obama's Glass Ceiling is the law of the land...no healthcare, energy poverty, no 32 oz. soda for you...

What is Obama's gift to America?  Debt, more debt, generational debt, death spiral economy, inescapable poverty...

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »

In many places, it was against the law to educate certain people.  What could possibly be gained by keeping people ignorant? Illiterate?

Is there a difference between preventing education and granting people the 'illusion' of education?

"Officials: Most NYC High School Grads Need Remedial Help Before Entering CUNY Community Colleges"

Nearly 80 percent of New York City high school graduates need to relearn basic skills before they can enter the City University’s community college system.

In its defense, the NYC Department of Education said it has raised high school graduation rates by 40 percent over the last seven years. And that the number of students needing remedial courses to do college work has declined slightly — by half a percentage point overall.

How is it possible that so many go for 12+ years and fail the basics?  How many got free breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, after school care?  Still failed to thrive?  Learn the basics?

How many are likely to go on to earn math, science, and other in demand degrees?  How many drop out?

read here - http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/07/officials-most-nyc-high-school-grads-need-remedial-help-before-entering-cuny-community-colleges/

What is the difference between preventing education and the 'illusion' of education?  Why do taxpayers keep getting stuck with the bill?

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 02:18:25 PM »

"Report: Half trillion need to update schools "

The Center for Green Schools' researchers reviewed spending and estimates schools spent $211 billion on upkeep between 1995 and 2008. During that same time, schools should have spent some $482 billion, the group calculated based on a formula included in the most recent GAO study.

Hmmm...maybe communities (actual feet on the ground) made good decisions?  Spent less?

"We have a moral obligation," said Rachel Gutter...

Her organization is urging the Education Department to collect annual data on school buildings' sizes and ages, as well as property holdings. The group also wants the Education Department's statistics branch to keep tabs on utility and maintenance bills.

Horror stories abound about schools with roofs that leak, plumbing that backs up and windows that do little to stop winds.

"Would you send your kids or grandkids to one of these schools?" asked National Education Association President Dennis Van Roekel, who supported the report along with the 21st Century School Fund, the American Federation of Teachers, the American Lung Association and the National PTA.
Emphasis added.

Really?  Washington keeping track of utility and maintenance bills?  Second guessing local decisions?  I think educational achievements have suffered since Washington has taken on a greater role in decision making, doling out borrowed money, and coming up with a never ending supply of grants/bonus money serving just a few.

It seems to me that local communities are responsible for school maintenance.  One school out of thousands is a national tragedy?  REALLY?  Where are the locals spending the money?  Fraud?  Waste?  Theft?

The old Soviet Union spent less, and often had greater success in educating students.  Folks from third world countries (no books, no paper, no shoes) come to America and succeed--they were educated, didn't spend time of useless mandates, social engineering, and free food.

"Nearly 20 years later, in a country where public education is meant to serve as the great equalizer for all of its children, we are still struggling to provide equal opportunity when it comes to the upkeep, maintenance and modernization of our schools and classrooms," Clinton wrote in his introduction to the report.

Better answer?  Vouchers, school choice, diversity...50 boiler rooms of experimentation and diversity.  Good education opportunity for every child, regardless of race, sex, origin, family income, etc.

read more here - http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SCHOOL_MAINTENANCE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-03-12-00-51-33

just my humble opinions

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.