March 29, 2024, 12:21:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mom's reaction at search yesterday  (Read 3138 times)
luna
Scared Monkey

« on: June 15, 2005, 05:28:13 PM »

Hi all...first post here.

I haven't seen this issue discussed here, but it's possible I missed it.

I read on the abcnews.com website (or possibly usatoday) yesterday that Natalee's mother was driven in a police car to the scene of the search near the Marriott.  The online article said that onlookers reported that she became hysterical and became limp and had to be helped to walk.  It was in one small paragraph near the end of yesterday's article.

I've seen nothing of this anywhere else...but here's what I'm wondering.  The only thing I could thing that would evoke that kind of response is if 1) they found the body, which they obviously didn't, or 2) if the panties they found were actually Natalee's.

The mom hasn't spoken since then that I know of....

I guess it's possible that the news report was wrong...gasp....or maybe the mom was upset about something else.

Anyone else have any ideas?
deepthroat2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 05:29:46 PM »

please provide a link to the article
luna
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 05:38:56 PM »

Sorry dt2, I did not keep a copy of the link and can't locate the article by searching.  I don't think the online abcnews articles stay up.

The only three MSM sites I've been checking have been CNN, abcnews and usatoday.  But I'm pretty sure it was abcnews.
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 05:40:22 PM »

I find it amazing Natalee's mother hasn't collapsed before this.  She isn't eating and seems to be surviving on adrenaline only.  My heart goes out to her.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
Such_Sad_News
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 06:33:19 PM »

Another reason for the exahustion - after so many days of the not knowing, half-truths, innuendos, outright lies and falsehoods and empty roads of theories, then being taken to a scene for (perhaps) closure and then coming empty yet agin may be a lot to handle for her. Her idea may be to just once and finally for all learn a solid truth of the ordeal and get on with what ever action needs to be done next. But instead she would have to yet again wait in agony for who knows how long. That's what we could loosely refer to as 'The trials of Job' (for you Bible scholars).

I keep a good thought for her Mom, loved ones and friends every day. Whether it be serenity while the ordeal plays out, or the strength to overcome the loss of a loved one, if that is what this case turns out to be all about.

I hate feeling helpless like this.

Just a guy in Alabama, full of empathy...
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 05:29:43 AM »

Yes, she was said to be crying.  I'm don't doubt it and don't blame her.  It was just one dip in what may be an emotional roller coaster.  And, I can't fathom the feeling of being called out to witness the spectacal of a search for the imminent discovery of the dead body of your sweet Natalee.  I'd cry too!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.