April 26, 2024, 05:17:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS # 5  (Read 197736 times)
Brenda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #780 on: June 16, 2005, 01:48:47 PM »

If you copy and past my long, long post into a word document...it will become much easier to read....

Anyone have a site for a really detailed map we can put into our paint program that comes with windows?

[/img]

God give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change...Courage to change things I can change.... And the wisdom to know the difference....
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #781 on: June 16, 2005, 01:49:17 PM »

I don't think in an area like Aruba people are necessarily seen walking home at night...especially in unlit areas.  It's black as night.
Chicago_510
Scared Monkey

« Reply #782 on: June 16, 2005, 01:50:01 PM »

What clothes was Joran wearing at school the next day?  Did he ever go home?  Did he call someone to bring him some clothes?  Why was he in the woods?  Was he changing out of the clothes he wore the night before.  That might explain the early morning phone call from the other side of the island.  He was busy hiding the body all night, and since the school is pretty far from his house, maybe he went straight to school for his finals.

I don't know if any of my ideas are on the right track, but I want everyone to keep an open mind.  We seem to have gotten stuck in a rut believing these boys who seem to change their stories every other day.  Lets examine other possibilities.  Maybe one of my ideas will ring a bell in someones head and we can look into other possibilities.
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #783 on: June 16, 2005, 01:50:06 PM »

joebob Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a hard time believing that he walked home and nobody saw him. He must have taken roads and maybe beach for part of it.

THebak of the hotels are on the beach all in one row so pivture this:
For Joranto walk to his house he had to have his BACK to the water and walk inland so their is no beach on the way to the house the beaches would be all to the left and right of HIS BACK the comlete opposite directin hes going in

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom,someone throws you a shovel
Kat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #784 on: June 16, 2005, 01:50:42 PM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
I don't think in an area like Aruba people are necessarily seen walking home at night...especially in unlit areas.  It's black as night.

Normal folks, no.  A desperate young man who just committed a murder?  Entirely likely.
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #785 on: June 16, 2005, 01:51:06 PM »

and thier is no lighthouse in the Seroe Colorado area (where his schoolis, its only the Valero Oil Refinery)

Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #786 on: June 16, 2005, 01:51:08 PM »

To Nancy Drew: If Joran was the sole perpetrator, then why did the other two perjure themselves and go along with the phony security guard story? Why did they claim to take Natalee back to the Holiday Inn? Answer me that.
Kat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #787 on: June 16, 2005, 01:52:50 PM »

Quote from: "Professor"
To Nancy Drew: If Joran was the sole perpetrator, then why did the other two perjure themselves and go along with the phony security guard story? Why did they claim to take Natalee back to the Holiday Inn? Answer me that.

I'm not Nancy, but I'll take a stab at it.  They're young.  They're scared.  Maybe at the time they made the statement, they didn't think Joran had done anything to Nat.
Chicago_510
Scared Monkey

« Reply #788 on: June 16, 2005, 01:53:40 PM »

Quote from: "americaninaruba"
and thier is no lighthouse in the Seroe Colorado area (where his schoolis, its only the Valero Oil Refinery)

This is what I've been referring to.  Maybe the boys knew about it and knew that not too many people know that its there.

http://www.thejanskys.org/lighthouse/Other/seroe.html
Brenda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #789 on: June 16, 2005, 01:54:05 PM »

Is the school in the far southern edge of Aruba?

What about the "Colorado Point Lighthouse" near or at "Punta Basora"?

God give me the serenity to accept things I cannot change...Courage to change things I can change.... And the wisdom to know the difference....
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #790 on: June 16, 2005, 01:54:57 PM »

Quote from: "Chicago_510"
What clothes was Joran wearing at school the next day?  Did he ever go home?  Did he call someone to bring him some clothes?  Why was he in the woods?  Was he changing out of the clothes he wore the night before.  That might explain the early morning phone call from the other side of the island.  He was busy hiding the body all night, and since the school is pretty far from his house, maybe he went straight to school for his finals.
I don't know if any of my ideas are on the right track, but I want everyone to keep an open mind.  We seem to have gotten stuck in a rut believing these boys who seem to change their stories every other day.  Lets examine other possibilities.  Maybe one of my ideas will ring a bell in someones head and we can look into other possibilities.

I think the biggest problem with information on Joran and what he did, dressed in, acted like, and looked like the following day at school is that this late in the game any information anyone gets is affected by "hindsight bias".  Example "Oh yeah, I remember now.  He was acting really weirf and I think I remember scratches on his arm." and "Oh, you know I think I remember that too!".  "Wasn't he late for school that day?"  People start "remembering" things that didn't really happen just because they know what is going on.  This is information that should have been obtained the day she went missing, not weeks after.  You know?
Professor
Scared Monkey

« Reply #791 on: June 16, 2005, 01:56:50 PM »

To Kat: But if Joran didn't do anything bad, then why did they feel it necessary to come up with a phony story? If they didn't think that something bad had happened, why lie? And if they thought that something bad had happened, that's all the more reason to distance themselves from Joran, instead of going along with that phony security guard story. No. I don't think the single perp theory holds up.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #792 on: June 16, 2005, 01:56:57 PM »

Because initially they may have believed that Joran didn't do anything to her.  I realize that goes against my opinion that they were involved to some degree, but if they are innocent then that would explain why.  They didn't know they were covering for a murder.
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #793 on: June 16, 2005, 01:57:35 PM »

Ok we dont refeer to it as a lighthouse im sorry ...well that is located by the prison KIA.......that was the palce they searched the first days...by the grapefields...im sorry for the first statement

huntsy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #794 on: June 16, 2005, 01:57:53 PM »

Quote from: "Kat"

I'm not Nancy, but I'll take a stab at it.  They're young.  They're scared.  Maybe at the time they made the statement, they didn't think Joran had done anything to Nat.

I am not Nancy either but here is my 2 cents.
These guys are young and they spend a lot of time together. We don't know how strong their bond is and to what lengths they will go to, to try and protect each other. When you are that age friends seem to be the be all and end all for some.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #795 on: June 16, 2005, 02:00:38 PM »

To Kat: But if Joran didn't do anything bad, then why did they feel it necessary to come up with a phony story? If they didn't think that something bad had happened, why lie? And if they thought that something bad had happened, that's all the more reason to distance themselves from Joran, instead of going along with that phony security guard story. No. I don't think the single perp theory holds up.

Because teenagers are stupid sometimes.  People are stupid sometimes.  They lie to keep from getting all wrapped up in something.  They very well could have lied for him believing that he had nothing to do with her disappearance and thinking that if they didn't he would get blamed for it just because he was with her.  Maybe they did believe she would turn up.  I've covered for my friends before with parents, friends, spouses, when I thought the outcome was harmless.  IF they really believed he wasn't reponsible, then they would willingly cover for thier friend until they realized it was involving them in murder too.
Brenda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #796 on: June 16, 2005, 02:01:44 PM »

Ok we dont refeer to it as a lighthouse im sorry ...well that is located by the prison KIA.......that was the palce they searched the first days...by the grapefields...im sorry for the first statement

do you have a good, detailed map....one that would highlight the general area of:

1. carlos and charlies
2. the hilton
3. the marriot
4. various known sites searched
5. his international school
6. the lighthouse
7. the montanja neighborhood

RPG
Scared Monkey

« Reply #797 on: June 16, 2005, 02:01:50 PM »

i've just logged on and it may have already been discussed, but i was wondering what a helicopter flying over areas of Aruba last night? was looking for?
Kat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #798 on: June 16, 2005, 02:03:25 PM »

And you are more than entitled to your opinion.  Mine happens to be that it's entirely plausible that they were initially covering for their friend not realizing that he had done something so hideous.  And that their knowlege of what went on it so limited that they have nothing of substance to offer the investigators.

I'm not saying that this is what happened, only that I think it's entirely possible.
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #799 on: June 16, 2005, 02:03:29 PM »

Once again - I'm with Dragonfly - i will even go so far as to say, MAYBE Joran didn't mean for anything bad to happen to NH.  Maybe it got rough.  Then once it was done - he (being young and scared and presumably never having killed anyone before) panicked.   Then he thought he would get his followers to go in on a story with him.  They probably meant what they said when they told the Security Guard "they thought she'd end up at a crack house somewhere.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.