April 26, 2024, 06:22:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS # 5  (Read 197730 times)
Red
Scared Monkey

« Reply #920 on: June 16, 2005, 03:42:45 PM »

Quote from: "chloe2"
Quote from: "Red"
Quote from: "chloe2"
FYI -- Foxnews.com has an eight minute video of Greta interviewing Natalee's mom.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,159775,00.html

I don't mean to be technical here, but Greta's Blog??? Ummm. I like Greta and Fox, but how is this any different than any news story they put up on Fox.com? Blog? Send comments via email?  Shocked  No track backs  Shocked .

Just a bit confused. Not that I won't link to her as a news source, but calling it a blog? The MSM better look up in the dictionary for the definition. Looks like a column to me.

Upper right corner of that page you will see a link to a video in which she interviews Natalee's mom. You can watch it on-line.

Chloe2 don't get me wrong. It is informative, it has a video. This is no different than MSNBC web page or even their own web page on Fox. As I said I like Greta. Thank god she replaced Geraldo down there.

My point was this is not a blog. Definition of blog, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weblog

I am just puzzled why they would call it a blog? This will make an interesting post aside from all of this. Why would the MSM want to refer to themselves as a blog when they constantly call us "not journalists"? I find it so very interesting. But I digress.
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #921 on: June 16, 2005, 03:43:02 PM »

You are right, but keep in mind that 2 of them may be telling everything they know.  If they are then there is nothing to crack, they've already cracked and changed their stories.  The other suspect has a dad who is an attorney and probably told him from day 1 to say nothing and stick to his story.  His mom or dad has probably made him aware either before he was detained (his father) or after his was detained (father through mother) of how the system works and how long they can detain him without evidence.  We aren't talking about a kid here who has no knowledge of law enforcement tactics and how the legal system there works.  If his father told him before and his mother told him since to keep his mouth shut and not incriminate himself and they would take care of the rest, he may be banking on that.[/quote]

You might be right then again, you would then have to believe that despite a carreer in law inforcement, that the Judge here is hmm.. not honest and not willing to the the right thing.  He would have to then also think that his son did it, and instead of confessing take a chance of all being accesory to murder one.  Same goes with the Mother...
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #922 on: June 16, 2005, 03:44:46 PM »

Quote from: "RPG"
another possible? theory
suppose that NH was dropped off near mariott site w/ JVS as stated, she refused his advances and he left to walk home, leaving her to get to HI alone. JVS heard she was missing next morning and made up story w/brothers to clear himself in case something bad did happen to her as she was trying to get to HI alone at 2am. if something like this did happen, then who knows what may have happened to NH. i hope this is not the case because it means that there are basically no leads in the case at all. on the other hand it could mean that NH could have been taken off the island and is alive. just my 2 cents.

If she is alive (and hopefully she is) then this is the most plausible theory as to what happened, since it explains the lies of the three and also what could have happened to her.
5swab5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #923 on: June 16, 2005, 03:45:14 PM »

Quote from: "jennya"
Based on everything that I have heard, read, and watched I think the following makes the most logical sense:

I believe that they put something in her last drink at C&C, be it GHB or Ruffies.  She left C&C with Joran, the brothers were driving.  They drove to lighthouse, but never got out.  Joran needed time for whatever he gave her to take effect.  The brothers then dropped Joran and Natalee off at Fisherman’s Hut.  Joran pushes himself on her, sexually.  By this time, she is feeling the effects, but still tries to fight back.  Joran muffles her cries and continues.  At this point I believe she passes out and Joran panics.  He calls the brothers who come and pick him up and take him home.  

They concoct a story, because Joran thinks she’s dead.  Assuming, someone will find her on the beach.  The brothers tell him that she probably passed out and will wake up in the morning.  After a few days, the boys realize they need to come up with a plan, because they will get blamed for her disappearance.  After all, they were the last to see her alive.

Maybe the boys are telling everything they know and someone else found her?

Hi Jennya,

I would agree with you, except for one thing, if all 3 were soooooo innocent, their stories would NOT keep changing.

They had plenty of time to talk to the elder Van der Sloot, and I am sure, he would of told them to just tell the truth.

Cheers!
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: June 16, 2005, 03:45:31 PM »

Quote from: "friend of monkeys"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Is Friend of Monkeys here right now? I have a question for him. Or actually anyone from/in Aruba.

I AM HERE FOR A FEW MINUTES...
I HAVE BEEN TO AUA MANY TIMES BUT DON'T LIVE THERE.

Hey FOM...ok...here I go. Something has been troubling me all night. You posted a list oof songs at about 5pm my time yesterday that were being played on the radio in Aruba. I cannot get over how insensitive and downright cruel the song combination was. Everyone who has read my posts knows I have never criticized the people of Aruba and I am fond of the ones who post here. But...do you know, as a whole, if the Aruban population are taking this case as seriously as we are? I mean I know they did the one day search thing but beyond that...do people really care and is it a HIGH priority and something everyone is talking about?

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
AzRose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #925 on: June 16, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »

Quote from: "RPG"
another possible? theory
suppose that NH was dropped off near mariott site w/ JVS as stated, she refused his advances and he left to walk home, leaving her to get to HI alone. JVS heard she was missing next morning and made up story w/brothers to clear himself in case something bad did happen to her as she was trying to get to HI alone at 2am. if something like this did happen, then who knows what may have happened to NH. i hope this is not the case because it means that there are basically no leads in the case at all. on the other hand it could mean that NH could have been taken off the island and is alive. just my 2 cents.

RPG: You may have something here.  It is possible this is what may have taken place.  I would still like confirmation on some issues that were reported.  I heard that a hotel's video cam recorded a person walking along the beach around 2:00 am the morning of N's disappearance.  Possibly Natalee?  I am also curious about the rumors that  J went to school the next day with scratches and bruises on his face.  Personally, I think Natalee is alive and no longer on the island.
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #926 on: June 16, 2005, 03:47:27 PM »

Quote from: "Compananzi"
You are right, but keep in mind that 2 of them may be telling everything they know.  If they are then there is nothing to crack, they've already cracked and changed their stories.  The other suspect has a dad who is an attorney and probably told him from day 1 to say nothing and stick to his story.  His mom or dad has probably made him aware either before he was detained (his father) or after his was detained (father through mother) of how the system works and how long they can detain him without evidence.  We aren't talking about a kid here who has no knowledge of law enforcement tactics and how the legal system there works.  If his father told him before and his mother told him since to keep his mouth shut and not incriminate himself and they would take care of the rest, he may be banking on that.

You might be right then again, you would then have to believe that despite a carreer in law inforcement, that the Judge here is hmm.. not honest and not willing to the the right thing.  He would have to then also think that his son did it, and instead of confessing take a chance of all being accesory to murder one.  Same goes with the Mother...[/quote]

Well, there are 2 responses to that.  One, is that parents will go to great lengths to protect their children, right or wrong.  As I've said before, I would love to believe that I would do the right thing in this situation if it were my son, but I can't be absolutely sure of that because I've never lived it.
Second, the father hasn't talked to Joran since he's been detained and as I understand it the mother has only talked to him once or twice.  They may be going on the presumption that he is innocent.  Even innocent people are told to say nothing to the police because even the slightest admission could point to guilt even for the innocent.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: June 16, 2005, 03:48:10 PM »

You are right, but keep in mind that 2 of them may be telling everything they know.  If they are then there is nothing to crack, they've already cracked and changed their stories.  The other suspect has a dad who is an attorney and probably told him from day 1 to say nothing and stick to his story.  His mom or dad has probably made him aware either before he was detained (his father) or after his was detained (father through mother) of how the system works and how long they can detain him without evidence.  We aren't talking about a kid here who has no knowledge of law enforcement tactics and how the legal system there works.  If his father told him before and his mother told him since to keep his mouth shut and not incriminate himself and they would take care of the rest, he may be banking on that.

You might be right then again, you would then have to believe that despite a carreer in law inforcement, that the Judge here is hmm.. not honest and not willing to the the right thing.  He would have to then also think that his son did it, and instead of confessing take a chance of all being accesory to murder one.  Same goes with the Mother...[/quote]

OR COULD IT BE THAT JORAN IS THE PATSY FOR 2 BRO'S WHO KNEW THEY COULD SAY JORAN HAD HER THE LAST THEY SAW...AND JORAN WOULD SAY YES  BUT HE DROPPED HER OFF....AND ...ALL 3 GO FREE....

ALSO I THINK THE 3 CAN BE HELD FOR 116 DAYS, JUST LIKE THE GAURDS COULD...

peace to all
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #928 on: June 16, 2005, 03:49:54 PM »

Music being put on the radio has nothing to do with this in my opinion....what are they supposed to do compeltely close up the radio station and only puit news of NH?? I mean they are doing the best they can to keep this as allive as possible and ANY absolutely ANY thign they here they interupt any show thats on and annownce it...poele here are DEVESTATED with the news....i mean do they post in the news their were your from any news of disappearing kids?? i think not, well in miami they surely didnt

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom,someone throws you a shovel
dragonfly
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #929 on: June 16, 2005, 03:50:04 PM »

Is Friend of Monkeys here right now? I have a question for him. Or actually anyone from/in Aruba.

Hey FOM...ok...here I go. Something has been troubling me all night. You posted a list oof songs at about 5pm my time yesterday that were being played on the radio in Aruba. I cannot get over how insensitive and downright cruel the song combination was. Everyone who has read my posts knows I have never criticized the people of Aruba and I am fond of the ones who post here. But...do you know, as a whole, if the Aruban population are taking this case as seriously as we are? I mean I know they did the one day search thing but beyond that...do people really care and is it a HIGH priority and something everyone is talking about?

OR is there growing resentment for this story because of the rudeness of the US press and the talk of "boycott"?
nisxan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #930 on: June 16, 2005, 03:50:15 PM »

KerinTX,

I have been listenting to 95FM for the past few days, including last evening, and I have to agree that the song choices were a bit distrubing... hopefully they weren't playing those on purpose.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #931 on: June 16, 2005, 03:50:33 PM »

What is the possibility that these 3 boys are innocent. Also he is going to college, perhaps last semester, he going to live it up a bit, before going st. Augustine or Tampa to study criminal justice or sports management.

Compananzi,

Do you know Joran? How did you know he was also considering St. Augustine and what he was going to study?
Compananzi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #932 on: June 16, 2005, 03:51:06 PM »

Is it fair to say that faithful night noone was in the room of Nat?  Supposedly they were 4 per room?  I m just amazed that no one was wondering where she was.. I hear that there was a lot of room switching going around...Is there a possiblity that she did go to her room pack her bags and left? Did all student pack there bag before going to CnC?
americaninaruba
Scared Monkey

« Reply #933 on: June 16, 2005, 03:51:29 PM »

thjey were also dedicating songs that the american press was requesting because they have made freinds with some press form the Us like the ABC lady or soemthign like that.....and they requested the tropical songs and merengues

Just when you think you've hit rock bottom,someone throws you a shovel
nisxan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #934 on: June 16, 2005, 03:52:55 PM »

I can understand that, but c'mon....do we really need to hear "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" now?
jpepling
Scared Monkey

« Reply #935 on: June 16, 2005, 03:53:01 PM »

Quote from: "nisxan"
KerinTX,

I have been listenting to 95FM for the past few days, including last evening, and I have to agree that the song choices were a bit distrubing... hopefully they weren't playing those on purpose.

Top 95 regularly plays these types of songs.  They only changed to the more talk format because of the Natalee Holloway situation.
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #936 on: June 16, 2005, 03:53:24 PM »

THE SONG CHOICES WERE THE DJ'S WAY OF TELLING THE STORY.
RAN SO FAR AWAY....DON'T BE CRUEL/CHEAP TRICK/ GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN/ BUILT THIS CITY ON ROCK AND ROLL/
HERE IN MY CAR..(cars)/ALIVE AND KICKING/BAD MEDICINE....IF IT WASN'T SOMEHOW INTERRUPTED I THINK THAT NEXT UP WAS
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST..

NO THE PEOPLE OF ARUBA ARE NOT BEING CRUEL...THEY ARE SAYING AS MUCH AS THEY CAN...THE PEOPLE WANT THIS ENDED...THIS DJ WAS JUST SAYING HIS THOUGHTS TO MUSIC....  MAYBE COME SAIL AWAY WAS NEXT..
IT SHOCKED ME TOO...
I GOTTA GO SOON...ANYTHIN ELSE?

peace to all
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: June 16, 2005, 03:53:43 PM »

Quote from: "americaninaruba"
Music being put on the radio has nothing to do with this in my opinion....what are they supposed to do compeltely close up the radio station and only puit news of NH?? I mean they are doing the best they can to keep this as allive as possible and ANY absolutely ANY thign they here they interupt any show thats on and annownce it...poele here are DEVESTATED with the news....i mean do they post in the news their were your from any news of disappearing kids?? i think not, well in miami they surely didnt

Please read my post..I was merely ASKING. But I still say it is insensitive. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...followed by Bad Medicine and Alive and Kicking and Here In My Car. I am saying it was in poor taste! And again..please read what I said. I have always supported the efforts of Aruban LE and everything to do with the island and it's image. One person had a very warped sense of humor, IMO.

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
joebob
Scared Monkey

« Reply #938 on: June 16, 2005, 03:54:29 PM »

I think it was fox that interviewed the mother and she said that she only saw Joren for 10 minutes. I think there have been other visits, but they seem limited in length.

If she was wisked off the island, I do not think it would be for brothel  sex trade scenario. She's more valuable in ransom.
writenow
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #939 on: June 16, 2005, 03:55:03 PM »

Joran wouldn't necessarily have scratch marks. He was at least a foot taller and much bigger. He could easily have held her arms with one hand. If the other two were in on it, she wouldn't be able to fight at all. Add to that if they'd drugged her, she wouldn't be able to fight. If it was a roofie, she might not be able to move AT ALL.

And as far as other female tourists experiencing the same thing -- roofies takes away memory. They might not even remember him or the brothers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.