April 24, 2024, 09:15:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free America  (Read 2384 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 21, 2013, 11:34:52 AM »

Where is freedom in America?  Where is free America?  A USA free of big government, corrupt politicians, corrupt bureocrats, cronyism, favoritism, and nepotism? 

Why shouldn't citizens of the USA be free?   An America where justice is color blind?  Where justice applies to everyone the same, regardless of race, sex, etc.? 

All people are free to work to build great neighborhoods?  Free to live in the neighborhood of their choosing?  Free not to improve their lives or the lives of their children?

An America where every dollar earned by working people comes home with them?  Where every dollar saved is still worth a dollar when they retire?

An America where the currency is stable, sound, and the envy of the world?  The economy is booming because everyone's dream is possible?

An America where communities decide for themselves the school system, voucher system, and standards?  Folks are free to choose among many excellent choices?  Avoid the failed public schools that seem to plague our nation?  An America where successful schools thrive?

An America with greater freedom for individuals?  Government stays out of the way?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 11:41:45 AM »

"Massachusetts principal calls off Honors Night because it could be 'devastating' to students who missed mark"

"The Honors Night, which can be a great sense of pride for the recipients' families, can also be devastating to a child who has worked extremely hard in a difficult class but who, despite growth, has not been able to maintain a high grade-point average," Fabrizio penned in his first letter to parents, the station reported.

Where is the incentive work hard?  Improve oneself?  The reward for hard work? 

If they're worried about failure, why aren't they encouraging those failing to try again? 

Is America a never ending pitty party rewarding failure?

In years gone by, someone would have encouraged the student that didn't get honors to try harder, 'it's a great first effort, you'll do better next year'...

'Maybe academics aren't your thing...try sports...oops, no score keeping...'

Where is the reward for people who apply themselves?  Are academically talented?

Fabrizio also said he decided to make the change because academic success can be influenced by the amount of support a student  receives at home and not all students receive the same level of emotional and academic support at home.

If this man believes some parent's are supportive of students, why isn't this man calling out the parents that failed their students? 

What's next?  No more homework?  After school activities?  No more 'best' friends?

read more here - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/20/massachusetts-principal-calls-off-honor-night-because-it-could-be-devastating/?test=latestnews

Why encourage every child and family to fail?  Why not encourage failed parent's to apply themselves to better parenting?  Engaging in their child's success?

What is wrong with this system?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:14:56 PM »

"RANGEL FIBS: DEMOCRAT CLAIMS ‘MILLIONS’ OF KIDS BEING ‘SHOT DOWN BY ASSAULT WEAPONS’ "

Rangel blamed the defeat on politics and money and then made the extraordinary claim that "millions of kids" are dying because they are "being shot down by assault weapons."

I’m ashamed to admit it but its politics and its money, The NRA has taken this position, there is no reason, there is no foundation. There is no hunter that needs automatic military weapons to enjoy the culture of going hunting.

But you know it’s really basically the absence of the voices of good people. I cannot believe that politicians are afraid of the NRA, if they thought for one minute that the churches and the synagogue and the priest and the ministers were saying "Hey! Do the right thing and we have your back.”

We're talking about millions of kids dying — being shot down by assault weapons, were talking about handguns easier in the inner cities, to get these guns in the inner cities, than to get computers.

read more here - http://nation.foxnews.com/assault-weapons/2013/03/21/rangel-fibs-democrat-claims-millions-kids-being-shot-down-assault-weapons

What is the right thing? 

Expanding the violence that plagues our inner cities?  Preventing people from protecting themselves? 

Taking away the guns of good people?  Do law abiding citizens  with automatic weapons harm anyone? 

How many criminals got their guns legally?  How many are in the country legally?  How many are repeat offenders? 

Sounds like it's a problem of people in the inner cities.  Why aren't they protecting themselves?

Does civil society really exist?  Maybe it's a pipe dream of people who don't live, work, or raise a family in the inner city.

Why spread violence by destroying communities that work?  Taking away the ability to defend oneself?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »

"Congressional Report: Obamacare Leads to Skyrocketing Premiums, 200 Percent Possible"

“Some estimates show some Americans facing startling premium increases of 203 percent because of the law.

“Higher healthcare premiums are the last thing single young adults and working families can afford. Yet contrary to what the president promised, that is exactly what Obamacare is projected to do.”

When Obamacare’s most costly requirements go into effect in 2014, households earning as little as $46,000 a year will receive no premium assistance, yet will be forced to accept “unaffordable” premium increases, according to the report.

read more here - http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obamacare-healthcare-reform-costs/2013/03/20/id/495564

Hmmm....I recall reading that a premium for a family of four might be $20,000 a year.  Is that progress?

Imagine a Free America where people are free to choose the healthcare plan that meets their needs.  An American were people are free to choose no coverage and ask for charity.

Imagine a free America where folks have the freedom to chose the coverage that meets their needs, budget, and wants. 

Imagine a free America where money isn't stolen from the pockets of working people to be given to an ever increasing group/class of professional freeloaders and greedy welfare state vote buying schemes. 

Imagine an America where corrupt politicians (ever increasing their personal wealth) don't exist!  An America where American's keep the money they earn.  Money is not siphoned off/stolen by corrupt government to buy votes and promote failed programs.

People won't pay for never ending profits for the medical industry?  The drug industry?

Original Medicare was hospital only.  The big expense.  Today, it all seems to be about creating new therapies/snake oil profit generators.  Doesn't matter if they cure you, they just need to drug and therapy addicted to ensure ever increasing profits. 

Free America, where working people keep the money they earn and charity returns to the private sector.

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 12:49:35 PM »

"Just How Big Will Your "Obamacare Surprise" Be?…Wait Until You See This Chart"

When touting his signature healthcare reform law, the "Affordable Care Act," President Barack Obama promised it would "cut the cost of a typical family's premium by up to $2,500 a year."

But a new congressional study says Obamacare has, in fact, increased the average family premium by $3,000 - and that's before the most costly requirements of the law take effect next year.

Read more and see state by state chart - http://moneymorning.com/2013/03/20/just-how-big-will-your-obamacare-surprise-be-wait-until-you-see-this-chart/

In my state it may be over 100%, which I believe is likely...

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 12:53:58 PM »

another article - http://blog.heritage.org/2013/03/18/obamacare-projected-premium-increases-by-state/

from the comments -

One of these days, the American people will wake up and realize their medical care is gone and they are paying through their noses for nothing.

What will the illegals have to pay? Oh thats right, we will give them amnesty and free medical care for life. 10 million more democrats to suck off the system. What fun?

Imagine a family working one or more jobs to get by and illegal aliens continue coming here and living large on the backs of citizens and those here legally!!!

There is no guarantee of treatment.  You pay even if you're not eligible based on anything reason they have to refuse you treatment...

It seems like it's worse than private healthcare ever was...except folks voted for Obama because he 'gave everyone free healthcare'...an empty bag.

just my humble opinions

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 12:59:28 PM »

"The Uninvited -- Global Persecution of Christians Ignored by Obama Admin"

Nina Shea, Director of the Center for Religious Freedom and a Hudson Institute Fellow, told Breitbart's "Uninvited" panel at CPAC on Saturday that "religious persecution is the gravest human rights crisis of our day." She added that "Christians are as a group the most persecuted, out of sheer numbers, across the world. This means they are being killed, tortured, imprisoned and eradicated ...sent into exile for their beliefs."

"This is happening in three types of countries," she said. "Those with a remnant Communist country, like North Korea and China, some nationalist countries like Burma and Eritrea, and then in the Muslim world ...where Islamism is on the rise." In those Muslim countries, she said, "persecution . . . is intensifying, and it is spreading."

The crisis of global persecution of Christians has been largely ignored by the mainstream media. Ms. Shea told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview on Tuesday that "since A.M. Rosenthal at the New York Times passed away [in 2006], this issue has not been covered at the level it deserves, so I was very happy that Breitbart gave me the opportunity on the panel to promote the issue of global persecution of Christians." Rosenthal, the former executive editor and columnist at the Times from 1977 to 1999, wrote dozens of columns on the problem of global Christian persecution in the 1990s.

Shea singled out the United States' relationship with Egypt, a country where Christians are being persecuted. "The United States has a lot of influence with foreign aid in Egypt.  We're about to give them $10 billion in aid,  in direct military aid, and in approval for IMF loans . . . and we don't draw a red line [with them] for the protection of Christians and Christian rights."

The persecution has spread to Africa, "Churches are attacked on a regular basis in Nigera now by Boko Haram, whose name means 'Western education is a sin'. Their aim is to religiously cleanse northern Nigeria so it's entirely Muslim. Northern Sudan right now is waging a crackdown against the remaining Christians there."  Muslims are destroying "Christian churches that have been established for hundreds if not thousands of years."

read more here - http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/19/Uninvited-Panel-Shed-Light-on-Human-Rights-Crisis-Ignored-by-Obama-the-Global-Persecution-of-Christians

In the US?  No vouchers for faith affiliated schools?  No choice for parents to follow their beliefs?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 01:13:50 PM »

If you're mandating coverage, where is the 100% premium refund for folks that don't use the insurance?  If I'm paying $20,000 and only using say $100 in benefits, where is my $19,900 refund?

Imagine how many would choose a higher deductible to save money? 

How many Americans don't feel the need to get the newest test?  Pill?  Procedure?  Think life never ends?

Imagine if every American was free to invest in the health plan that meets their needs, wants, and budget?  Or choose to go without?  Buy a bare bones plan? 

America needs more freedom.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 01:15:14 PM »

Imagine a nation of people who profit from the fruit of their labor?  Live free of thieves and slavers insistent on stealing their labor, savings, and hope?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.