March 28, 2024, 01:28:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: March Madness 2013  (Read 6198 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: March 26, 2013, 10:31:15 PM »

Although I think Louisville looks the most solid of all the teams, I  am on the Florida Gulf Coast bandwagon. It is hard to believe that a team so new could actually be this competitive.

When picking my brackets this year I figured there would be so many upsets in the tournament because this years college basketball season was so unpredictable. My bracket pool is based upon the seed the team is that you pick. For example, if one picked Florida Gulf Coast over G'town, that's 15 points. Needless to say I went out on a limb and did just that, Woo-hoo.

Gotta love that in the Sweet 16, we have a first ever #15 seed. Along with a #13 play-n Lasalle, #12 Oregon, and #9 Wichita St.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/bracket

However, in the end, even with all the upsets and great stories from the high seed teams, we most likely will see a 1 vs. 2 in the final. However, I am routing for Florida Gulf Coast. \

MARCH MADNESS is one of the best sporting events ever, it is too bad that NCAA Football could not learn from their success.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 07:28:10 PM »

Sorry to enter this at the sweet 16. From here I wouldn't mind seeing Michigan get by Kansas.  Even though Michigan is a 4th seed, for 3/4 of the season they were in the top five. Hoping that they where resting for the big tournament rather than the  Big Ten playoffs probably like Indiana did. I also like the FGCU. I believe their located in Ft Meyers, a friend has a daughter there. Good luck to anyone rooting for their favorite teams!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 03:02:28 PM »

Wow down to the last two teams. Louisville vs Michigan. Hmmm who should I root for here? Only had to waite a few decades but who's counting. Go Blue!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 11:23:17 AM »

Congratulations to Louisville on their win! It was nice to see a close game rather than a blowout for the Championship.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.