April 19, 2024, 05:35:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Others On Trip  (Read 4714 times)
Mandiann
Scared Monkey

« on: June 16, 2005, 10:07:27 AM »

First, I am very saddened for the family of Natalee Holloway.

I am getting concerned why the other kids on the trip aren't screaming and shouting be on the shows in defence of Natalee.  I saw the two last night and "good for them".  

Thanks!

Mandiann
da wench
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 01:58:58 PM »

Quote from: "Mandiann"
First, I am very saddened for the family of Natalee Holloway.

I am getting concerned why the other kids on the trip aren't screaming and shouting be on the shows in defence of Natalee.  I saw the two last night and "good for them".  

Thanks!

The FBI is in the process of interviewing everyone that went on the trip and has asked them not to speak with the media.

Absense diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire.
Mandiann
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 02:22:42 PM »

Oh My, if the Aruba boys attorneys are telling them not to talk.
And the FBI is asking the American kids not to speak...

Mandiann
mbhs05
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 10:50:06 AM »

THey were drinking LEGALLY and RESPONSIBLY. There is nothing wrong with that.

They are not on the news because they have been asked  not to talk by the FBI and the family. It might hinder the investigation. And that's the last thing we want to do.

It doesn't matter how many of us are up there screaming truth to the world-they don't care. They just want to continue to blame us because we're kids. And blame the chaperones, the parents, her roomates....I'm tired of it, and that's why most people won't get on. THere's no point. People are still judgemental and horrible.

I'm seriously getting really perturbed about people and how mean they can be.

GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 09:40:26 PM »

mbhs05 - I think you are Missing the Point that Most people are talking about, and that is She should NOT have left a Strange Place and TOTAL Strangers. Facts should speak the truth of the outcome. If you Think it is OK to leave a BAR at 1am with Total Strangers than You just don't get it. Everyone I know of(I live in Birmingham) is speaking the Same thing, Why did She LEave this Bar with these Guys she did NOT ZKnow anything about them. It was a Terrible Mistake that she made. We ALL are heartbroken but people and Kids should LEARN from this tragedy. Be CAREFUL, and be aware of your surroundings, and by All MEANS NEVER, NEVER, NEVER  go ANYWHERE ALone with STRANGERS.......Hopefully she is alive and being held somewhere....But everyone, kids and adults LEARN from this.....

GuyWdog
bobcats1996
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 10:54:16 PM »

we all agree that at some point in our lives we have all made mistakes. but from what I have heard, I feel the only thing Natalee did wrong was trusting these guys to be gentlemen and take her back to her hotel.  The kids did nothign wrong, Natalee did nothing wrong and the chaperones did nothing wrong.  The only ones that did anything wrong were these yellow belly cowards being held in aruba for Natalee's disappearance.  Blame them and no one else.  I hope and pray and feel that Natalee is still alive and will be home soon.  It makes me upset to see how some people in these discussion groupsare continuing to make dash and mbhs po and have to go on the defensive.  They did nothign wrong.  What interviews they have given have been twisted o rreporters have cut them off because they did not get the answers they wanted.  So lets keep all of this in mind before we blame Natalee, her friends or family.
Arlee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 03:07:16 AM »

Bobcats,
I agree with every word you said.
justamom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 10:27:18 AM »

I am very pleased that Natalee's friends and others on the trip are avoiding the media circus.  I am pleased that they have the restraint.  I think it shows class, dignity and decorum in the situation.  I do not think in any way it shows they are hiding something.
Mandiann
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 12:55:16 PM »

Exquisitely said.....
But I will not agree with that!
Those in Arbua are working hard,
and we are wanting them communicating all they are able.
But, yet our people here "refuse" to.....give me a break.

And, the FBI it is well documented has not told any of them "not to talk".

Mandiann
mia
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 02:43:09 PM »

It is entirely possible that Natalee never intended to ride anywhere with those guys.  If Joran had slipped something into her drink prior to closing time, he knew exactly how long it would take to make her drowsy and manipulable.  When the other 2 guys pulled up with the car, Joran could have easily controlled Natalee by force into the car.  She only weighs 110 lbs...which would be easy for a 6 ft 5 inch guy to manipulate...I think.

On the other hand, from what I have read...Joran had been hanging around the kids for a few days, (and by what I have seen of his photos), he had a cute kid face, which would make him look trust-worthy.  Goes to show you can never judge a book by its cover.  Also, Natalee may have thought the car pulling up was a taxi...as I have read that taxis look like regular cars over there...while over here, many times, indian type people, with the kind of looks such as the 2 brothers have, do drive taxis.

Most of all, I am really sorry that Natalee is missing.  I know she will be found, and I pray she will be ok when that time comes.  I thank God that my own child came home from her senior trip...unharmed.
GuyWdog
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 04:19:34 PM »

While there is discussion that I agree with, everyone does need to remember that we ALL can learn from this tragedy. No One wants to Blame Natalee, we all want her to come home. However this is a discussion board and that is what is done on here..discussions.
 Mistakes were made and to suggest that they weren't is an attitude that has been shown will lead to dire consequences. Natalee's roomm ates, close friends should have been looking out for her. Was she a loner? did she go out by herself often? If this "Joran" with the baby face was too young to enter the Bar then why were kids associating with him? ther ehave been reports that he was aggressive and almost got into a fight with eseveral of the boys on the trip.
 Again, I for 1 am not blaming Natalee for her choices, as in my youth I made mistakes too. But the adults should have kept a closer eye on the situation, IMHO. Which is just that my opinion....Everyone I know of have said they would have NEVER let thier kids go on a trip like this since it was NOT School sponsored. Which leads to a question, Was there a School Sponsored Trip that went elsewhere? Were these Chapperones PAID to accompy the graduates on the trip? Were there "Other" kids from the school attending this trip? (such as juniors at Mtn Brook High school?
 We all are inquisitve about all, with all of the Media coverage. Some of you want to castigate the Media, but it is "The Media" that is keeping Natalee's situation on the fore-front. I dare say iof the Media had NOT ran with this story if the Arubaian Government would have FINALLY Started a Professional INVESTIGATION...

GuyWdog
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.