April 25, 2024, 02:39:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defrauding The Healthcare System - Problem And Solution  (Read 910 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 04, 2013, 02:05:26 AM »

"How foreign 'health tourists' are bleeding the NHS dry: Damning whistleblowers' testimony exposes how they fraudulently get free treatment worth hundreds of millions a year"

Sound like the US healthcare system - being bled dry by folks who do not contribute, do not pay their own way, and get seemingly never ending healthcare buffet...

Should Obamacare include illegal aliens?  What does the NHS experience suggest?

Dr Peter Graves, chief executive of Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Local Medical Committee, complained: ‘Those of us who pay our taxes do not expect to see precious NHS resources abused by people coming in from abroad when they have never paid anything into the NHS.’

Eighteen months ago, the Home Office introduced new rules to try to stop the cheating. Anyone from outside the EU who owes the NHS more than £1,000 can now be refused a visa to enter Britain until the debt is paid.

How does the nation refuse a visa to an illegal alien?  Someone who overstays a visa or sneak into the country?

‘It does not matter where your  politics lie, the truth remains that the NHS does not have a bottomless pit of money and this small island simply cannot afford to fund  complex and long-term healthcare needs of the rest of the world.’

Apparently, the US has a bottomless pit of money to pay for millions of illegal aliens that continue to enter the country...

As one senior nurse, aged 55, who had worked in five major London teaching hospitals until her recent retirement, told me: ‘A mixture of pressures are put on you to stay quiet. You are told you will be trouble-making, disloyal to the NHS, and that it breaches patient confidentiality to complain about those arriving in droves with foreign accents, no NHS number, no means of paying, and intent on defrauding the system.

‘I have even had foreigners threaten to report me for abuse of their human rights when I have  questioned if they live in the UK after they arrive in casualty with suitcases carrying stickers showing a flight number.’

Why isn't there a human responsibility to pay your own way?  Why isn't there a human right to your own property?  Protection from others stealing your labor?  Wealth?

Solution?  Sounds so simple -

Professor Thomas complains that the NHS is more open to exploitation than comparably good healthcare systems in Scandinavia,  Germany, Holland and France, where patients either have personal or company-paid medical insurance.

Imagine, folks in good healthcare systems in Scandinavia, Germany, Holland, and France have personal and company-paid medical insurance...

What is Obama's goal?  Single pay?  Stealing from the many to serve the elite?  A system the elite can escape with their money/wealth.  A system the rest/masses are stuck with?  Much like public schools?

" ‘It is time for politicians of all the major parties to challenge the original concept that the NHS is a free service for anyone in the world who turns up at a doctor’s surgery or a hospital door.’ "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ews/article-2303734/How-foreign-health-tourists-bleeding-NHS-dry-Damning-whistleblowers-testimony-exposes-fraudulently-free-treatment-worth-hundreds-millions-year.html#ixzz2PTGjXxOQ

I think the US is broke, TRILLIONS in debt and cannot afford Obamacare...

just my humble opinion

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.