April 23, 2024, 10:28:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "... resolving failing financial institutions..."  (Read 1656 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 08, 2013, 11:35:25 AM »

"U.S. Treasury Sec. Wants EU Leaders to Back Off Austerity"

“If anything, this crisis and recent events in Cyprus, have showed the absolute need to anchor once and for all a coherent scheme that would allow resolving failing financial institutions in an effective, predictable and consistent manner across the union,” he said.

Cyprus, a tiny eastern Mediterranean island nation of about 1 million people, had to seek a 10 billion ($13 billion) bailout from its European partners and the International Monetary Fund last month after a banking crisis brought it to the brink of bankruptcy.

read more here - http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/08/u-s-treasury-sec-wants-eu-leaders-to-back-off-austerity/

Seems like they've been experimenting with 'resolving' failed financial institutions for a long, long, time...

It seems like more failed institution keep coming online every day.  Why is that?

Why does the public always seem to pay the piper when they didn't dance to the music?

Why is the cost of recapitalizing all these failure seem to rest on the backs of the common man?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:40:42 AM »

News that the Cypriot President’s family moved 21 million euros to London days before the bank accounts of his people were looted as part of the bailout deal serves as another reminder that while the media portrays the victims of the Cyprus “haircut” as the mega rich and wealthy Russian oligarchs, the real victims are middle class families and small business owners.

I wonder if this will happen in the US?  The elite and superwealthy will take away their retirement plans before the heavy hand of government scoops up a big piece?

In addition, as Reuters reports, “While ordinary Cypriots queued at ATM machines to withdraw a few hundred euros as credit card transactions stopped, other depositors used an array of techniques to access their money.”

Branches and subsidiaries of Cypriot banks in London and Russia remained open while banks in Cyprus were closed, allowing Russian oligarchs and other wealthy depositors to move their money.

When asked about the amount of money that had exited Cyprus before the bailout deal, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble refused to provide figures.

How convenient for foreigners.  I wonder if this happened during the financial 'collapse' in 2008 in the US?  Suddenly, TRILLIONS were missing and the taxpayer had to step in to make someone whole?  How do you define 'looting'?

In reality, the mega-rich managed to get their money out either before the crisis even started or during the so-called “bank holiday” period while middle class depositors were left stranded.

Given that the looting of bank accounts has now been established as the template for future “bank recapitalizations” across Europe as well as Canada, the middle class has now been permanently put in the crosshairs and will be expected to pay for bankers’ gambling losses with their savings on a regular basis.
Emphasis added.

read more here - http://www.infowars.com/mega-rich-withdrew-money-from-cyprus-before-looting/

When does the looting stop?  Who speaks for the common man, woman, and child?  How is this fair in any civil society?  How is this fair in Obamanism?  Communism?

What is wrong with this picture?

Is this a game of rotational looting?  For some reason, the elite just 'know' when to move their money?  Is it really about taxing the new rich (common people) or the elite?

For some reason, the common man is left behind to pay the bills of others. 

Who profits from all the job rotations at the highest levels of government and private banking?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:42:58 AM »

A cascade financial collapse/failure that doesn't seem to swallow the elite and mega rich? 

Does anyone every pay back their government loans?  Money they get from the Fed?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 11:57:44 AM »

I wonder how the THOUSAND TRILLION or so derivative contracts play into this?  Gambling by the mega wealthy and elites? 

Paid for by the common man?

"Versailles, D.C."

The Senate did something this past weekend it hasn't done in four years: passed a budget. The law requires the Senate to pass a budget, but Congress often ignores its own laws. For most of Barack Obama's presidency, a series of continuing resolutions kept the money -- your money -- flowing. Now the Senate wants to add a trillion dollars of new taxes, even more than President Obama seeks. Despite our growing debt, the Senate wants to fund things like the Senate barbershop, which loses a third of a million dollars every year.

It's like they live in a private bubble.

Politicians say, "I'm going to Washington to serve others." Maybe they mean to. But after most "serve," they never leave. When I visit Washington, I see politicians and bureaucrats serving themselves.

When the housing bubble burst, home prices dropped in most of America, but not in Washington. Our capital feeds off federal spending, and politicians won't allow that bubble to burst.

read more here - http://washingtonexaminer.com/versailles-d.c./article/2525493

When does the bad global economy catch up with the elite?  The mega wealthy?  The global corporations and banks?  The political class?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 12:09:10 PM »

"Unmasking the Globalists behind the Cyprus Confiscation (Bail-In) Model"

First it was people with bank accounts in Cyprus whose deposits were confiscated, “bailed-in,” or given a “haircut,” without their knowledge to recapitalize the Bank of Cyprus after Laiki Bank went bankrupt and was allowed to fail. Next the U.S., U.K., and Canada were warned that their bank deposits could meet the same Cyprus -confiscation fate based on irrefutable documentation here.

Now behind the smoke and mirrors of supposedly preserving the international financial and monetary system the truth emerges and all the pieces fall into place. Warning: every G-20 country—every major bank and financial institution in every nation could be next.

Why? Because thanks to shadowy globalists groups called the Basel Committee, and the Financial Stability Board (FSB), both housed within the mighty Bank for International Settlements (BIS), and Basel III, no one’s bank deposit is immune to the Cyprus confiscation model if more banks fail.

::snipping2::

Allow me to introduce you to the shadowy banking cartels behind the scenes that made the Cyprus confiscation, bail-in model possible. Did you know they consider it “socializing the losses?”

What is BIS?

read more here - http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/54328

Why don't the haircuts/recapitalization happen to the elite?  The well connected?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.