March 29, 2024, 09:09:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 explosions at Boston Marathon  (Read 189057 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2013, 08:20:36 PM »

I'm thankful the woman/neighbor to the boat noticed something askew, the ladder being up when it hadn't been up before.  I'm glad they are getting this guy/kid.  I'm sure he had plans to bomb more places. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2013, 08:20:41 PM »

I'm thankful the woman/neighbor to the boat noticed something askew, the ladder being up when it hadn't been up before.  I'm glad they are getting this guy/kid.  I'm sure he had plans to bomb more places. 

I agree...know your surroundings.  So glad that they noticed.  That simple observation likely saved lives.  I hope they get him alive.  I highly doubt it though.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2013, 08:27:53 PM »

I have to admit, I never thought there would have ever been a chance of arresting this punk and bring him in alive.

They have not yet, but it looks like police might as suspect # 2 is wounded and pinned down in the boat in the back yard of 67 Franklin Street in Watertown, MA

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/04/19/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-boston-marathon-suspect-2-reported-down-at-67-franklin-street-in-watertown-ma-now-reported-still-alive-hiding-in-a-boat/
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2013, 08:38:31 PM »

The Boston Globe: Bomb suspect pinned down in boat in Watertown

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/04/18/mit-police-officer-hit-gunfire-cambridge-police-dispatcher-says/UAbtwLVGLwBE5VI7BUyQuL/story.html

WATERTOWN — Police believe that the Boston Marathon terror bombing suspect has been pinned down in a boat in the backyard of a home in Watertown, just outside the city — and he is still alive, a source tells the Globe.

Police have seen the suspect sit up, and they are using “flash bang” stun grenades to disorient and distract him. Officers are acting with caution because they remain concerned that the suspect might be wearing a suicide bomb vest, the source said.

The source said police had seen the suspect moving from a State Police helicopter flying over the scene.

::snipping2::
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2013, 08:38:52 PM »

I have to admit, I never thought there would have ever been a chance of arresting this punk and bring him in alive.

They have not yet, but it looks like police might as suspect # 2 is wounded and pinned down in the boat in the back yard of 67 Franklin Street in Watertown, MA

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/04/19/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-boston-marathon-suspect-2-reported-down-at-67-franklin-street-in-watertown-ma-now-reported-still-alive-hiding-in-a-boat/

It's amazing the footprints we leave behind in our daily lives.

They knew who they were looking for right away, after seeing the surveillance video from a nearby store.

I hear the FBI had some info on one of the brothers (if not both) from previous times.

Was just a matter of time before they found them.

Too bad they were not found before they killed again.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2013, 08:41:52 PM »

Just today people were asking how could suspect #2 have slipped through the police net? I said well, if you watched the gun battle video it was pitch dark and there is a lot of territory to search. Thant and he could be hiding anywhere, like a garbage dumpster, etc. Low and behold, he is hiding in a boat.

What is amazing in this story from the bombing on Monday to last nights killing of suspect #1 to tonight's pinning down of suspect #2 ... they really did not get far from the original terrorism site.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2013, 08:42:54 PM »

It's amazing the footprints we leave behind in our daily lives.

They knew who they were looking for right away, after seeing the surveillance video from a nearby store.

I hear the FBI had some info on one of the brothers (if not both) from previous times.

Was just a matter of time before they found them.

Too bad they were not found before they killed again.

You are correct and that is going to be a story that comes from this. How were they not dealt with in the past.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2013, 08:52:42 PM »

He is in custody and alive!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2013, 08:55:08 PM »

WOW - really surprised he's still alive. 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »

That woman had guts.  She went outside and saw the blood.  I would have never went outside.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »

Me too Klaas. However, I think that if it was this kid that died last night and the older, more extreme Jihadist as the one who was hiding in the boat. He definitely would have gown out in a blaze of glory.

This little SOB can look forward to a lethal injection.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2013, 09:11:50 PM »

Boston Police Dept. ‏@Boston_Police 3m

CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody.
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2013, 09:17:35 PM »

I don't think he was willing to die for the cause.. He could have died by gunfire (like suicide by cop) last night or tonight or even killed himself (Didnt he have a gun.. Or even cut wrist or hanging). But he ran, protected himself and then gave himself up.

Which makes me hope he will share more information if he has it. (I wonder how much the brother really told him.. I have a feeling the brother may have had the connections and brought #2 along for the ride.)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »

Boston Police Dept. ‏@Boston_Police 9m

In our time of rejoicing, let us not forget the families of Martin Richard, Lingzi Lu, Krystle Campbell and Officer Sean Collier.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2013, 09:49:36 PM »

IT IS OVER … Suspect Alive and in Custody, Authorities Arrest Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect #2 Dzhokar Tsarnaev … Residents Cheer Police over Arrest of Suspect

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/04/19/it-is-over-suspect-alive-and-in-custody-authorities-arrest-boston-marathon-bombing-suspect-2-dzhokar-tsarnaev/

Video of crowds cheering the police over the arrest of Suspect #2 Dzhokar Tsarnaev.

IT IS ALL OVER IN WATERTOWN, MA … AUTHORITIES HAVE SUSPECT ALIVE AND IN CUSTODY!!!

Boston Marathon bombing suspect #2, Dzhokar Tsarnaev, is in police custody. After a long stand off following a flurry of gun fire, authorities have got their man and the hunt is over. The residents of Watertown, Boston and all the surrounding towns can now breath of sigh of relief as the federal, state and local authorities have arrested 19 year old Dzhokar Tsarnaev. Kudos to law enforcement. It is quite remarkable if one thinks about it. Just 4 days ago, Monday, on Patriots Day two bombs went off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Three people were killed, 8 year old Martin Richard`, 29 year old Krystle Campbell and Boston University Chinese graduate student Lu Lingzi  and over 176 injured, some severely. Tonight, we have one suspect in custody and another won’t be down for breakfast. KUDOS to the hard work of law enforcement … a job well done.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2013, 10:05:43 PM »

Police Chief said a man was in his house all day and he went outside in his yard and checked his boat. He lifted the top of the tarp and saw the man covered in blood in the boat.  He then ran in his house and called police.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2013, 10:13:27 PM »

Exclusive: Watertown man Dave Henneberry steps outside for cigarette, finds bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev hiding in his boat

Shocked boat owner went outside after Gov. Deval Patrick lifted curfew, noticed the tarp on his boat was loose and got a shock when he spied subject of city-wide manhunt holded up in his boat

He was in a boatload of trouble, and that’s where cops found him.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, was discovered in the bottom of a rare, 1980s pleasure boat in the backyard of a Watertown, Mass., home just after 6 p.m. by the shocked owner David Henneberry, his family told the Daily News.

Henneberry, an avid boater who is a member of the Watertown Yacht Club, walked outside to have a cigarette just after Gov. Deval Patrick lifted the curfew on Boston residents at 6 p.m. Friday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/watertown-man-finds-bomber-holed-boat-article-1.1322387#ixzz2QxuiR25w

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2013, 10:30:28 PM »

May have already been posted:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Boston+Bombing+victim+says+suspect+dropped+feet/8264009/story.html

Boston Bombing victim says suspect dropped bag at his feet

By Asjylyn Loder and Esme E. Deprez, Bloomberg News April 18, 2013

BOSTON — Minutes before the bombs blew up in Boston, Jeff Bauman looked into the eyes of the man who tried to kill him.

Just before 3 p.m. on April 15, Bauman was waiting among the crowd for his girlfriend to cross the finish line at the Boston Marathon. A man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt looked at Jeff, 27, and dropped a bag at his feet, his brother, Chris Bauman, said in an interview.

Two and a half minutes later, the bag exploded, tearing Jeff's legs apart. A picture of him in a wheelchair, bloodied and ashen, was broadcast around the world as he was rushed to Boston Medical Center. He lost both legs below the knee.

"He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, 'bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,'" Chris Bauman said yesterday in an interview.

Those words may help crack the mystery of who perpetrated one of the highest-profile acts of terror in the U.S. since the 2001 assault on New York City and the Washington area, one that killed three people and wounded scores.

While still in intensive care, Jeff Bauman gave the FBI a description of the man he saw, his brother said. Bauman's information helped investigators narrow down whom to look for in hours of video of the attack, he said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »

::monkeyflag::

April 19, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/boston_police
Boston Police Dept. ‏@Boston_Police 19m
Mayor Tom Menino: "I am so proud of all our first repsonders. Thanks to them - the people of Boston will sleep well tonight."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2013, 09:24:09 AM »

Mr. Tsarnaev believes his sons were framed?!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324763404578433533790946270.html
Father of Boston Bombing Suspects Keeps Faith in His Sons
Anzor Tsarnaev Describes the Night That FBI Agents Interviewed His Older Son in 2011

April 19, 2013

MOSCOW—The father of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects said he was present at the family house in Cambridge, Mass., when the FBI interviewed his older son in 2011.

Anzor Tsarnaev, speaking with The Wall Street Journal via telephone from Makhachkala in Russia's Republic of Dagestan, said Federal Bureau of Investigation agents came to talk to his older son, Tamerlan, as a "person of interest."

"Yes, I was there. Of course I was there," Mr. Tsarnaev said. "It was in Cambridge. 410 Norfolk Street, Cambridge."

He said U.S. authorities visited the house for what he described as "prevention" activities that involved Tamerlan. "They said: We know what sites you are on, we know where you are calling, we know everything about you. Everything," Mr. Tsarnaev recalled. "They said we are checking and watching—that's what they said."

The father of the pair said he wasn't nervous that the FBI showed up at his home. "I knew what he was doing, where he was going. I raised my children right," he said of his sons.

He said he is sure Tamerlan and his brother Dzhokhar must have been framed for the Boston bombing. "This is all lies. These are my children. I know my children," Mr. Tsarnaev said. He said his own brother, Ruslan, called his sons "losers" in an American television interview Friday because of a family feud.

Mr. Tsarnaev said he was also on hand when Tamerlan visited Makhachkala for a few months last year. "He wasn't occupied with anything. He was just visiting relatives," he recounted. Asked if it was possible Tamerlan encountered Muslim fundamentalists while in Dagestan, he said there was no way. "There aren't even any of those here anymore," Mr. Tsarnaev said. He said his son, who married and had a child with an American named Katherine, had recently become more religious and started to pray.
hough he is an ethnic Chechen, Mr. Tsarnaev grew up in Kyrgyzstan because his parents were sent there under a mass deportation of Chechens during the Stalin era. He said he moved to Chechnya with his family for a year in 1994 after the fall of the Soviet Union, but quickly returned to Kyrgyzstan after disliking the situation in his ethnic homeland.

Then the family left Kyrgyzstan in 1999 to move to Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, which borders Chechnya. Ms. Tsarnaeva's family—who are Avars, one of the largest ethnic groups in Dagestan—come from Makhachkala. The family left a few years later for the U.S.

Mr. Tsarnaev said he returned to Dagestan a year ago because he is very sick. "It's a bad prognosis," he said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.