April 19, 2024, 03:15:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 421543 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »

Klaas....you made my day.  I am sitting here laughing and will pass that on to others who are also talking about his initials.

How are you 

"pass" it along, LOLOL  Monkey Devil!  Now you made me laugh! 

I'm doing good.  Bell's Palsy almost completely gone except my eye still not closing great when I blink but my smile is back and that's the most important thing!  How are you doing?  All settled in?
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: August 05, 2013, 05:15:13 AM »

Just heard that Prince William and Kate named their baby boy...

George Alexander Louis!

Hopefully he will get the nickname of Alex            if he allowed to use a nickname   Rolling Eyes

I keep thinking that all his things will be monogramed GAL, poor kid.

Well at least it's Louis and not Simon  Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil!

...or Gregory

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: August 05, 2013, 02:02:59 PM »

Klaas....you made my day.  I am sitting here laughing and will pass that on to others who are also talking about his initials.

How are you 

I'm doing good.  Bell's Palsy almost completely gone except my eye still not closing great when I blink but my smile is back and that's the most important thing!  How are you doing?  All settled in?

Your smile is the most important thing...!  I am glad to hear that it is back.

I am truly at home....with all of the southern phrases, the heat and humidity, the great restaurants, the bugs and, of course, the friendly people.  I am handling the bugs with indoor and outdoor spray and a wonderful bug zapper.  I had forgotten what it was like to see a roach that looked like it could move furniture....lol.

The guest room is still full of boxes that need to be unpacked, but the house is painted, and I think the furniture is in it's final location.  The bathroom fixtures have been changed out and they look good.  Son in law has put up shelves in laundry room.

You know what I dislike the most.....papers.  Some are from my parents and some are mine from years ago.  I wonder why I thought they were important enough to keep....

Someone told me recently that moving is one of the hardest things that we do.....
and I have to agree.  However, being near family and friends is worth it.....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2013, 07:45:15 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET

Click on the link below to listen to the show

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:49:18 PM by klaasend » Logged
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2013, 12:12:40 AM »

How are you 

Your smile is the most important thing...!  I am glad to hear that it is back.

I am truly at home....with all of the southern phrases, the heat and humidity, the great restaurants, the bugs and, of course, the friendly people.  I am handling the bugs with indoor and outdoor spray and a wonderful bug zapper.  I had forgotten what it was like to see a roach that looked like it could move furniture....lol.

The guest room is still full of boxes that need to be unpacked, but the house is painted, and I think the furniture is in it's final location.  The bathroom fixtures have been changed out and they look good.  Son in law has put up shelves in laundry room.

You know what I dislike the most.....papers.  Some are from my parents and some are mine from years ago.  I wonder why I thought they were important enough to keep....

Someone told me recently that moving is one of the hardest things that we do.....
and I have to agree.  However, being near family and friends is worth it.....Mere

Glad you are home, Mere!

I believe in miracles!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2013, 10:40:11 AM »

Hi everyone.  RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY.............................

I am just sick of all this rain.  We had 3.6" of rain this morning in 30 minutes.  Yesterday we had almost 4" of rain.  It just keeps coming.  The ants are just terrible with all this rain.  You can spray around the house for them but the rain washes it away.  The honey bees are horrible this year.  I had to take down my hummingbird feeders to stop so many of them from coming up to the front porch.

On a different note, my mum's are absolutely beautiful this year.  I separated them and potted 36 pots of them and gave them away.  My Sister in law said she planted her's about 3 weeks ago and she said they are just beautiful.  You cannot tell I put a dent in them by.  I will post some pictures when they bud out.  I can't wait!

CBB, are these rains reaching you?  The poor mountains cannot stand anymore rain.  I am afraid to go there for fear the roadways will give way on us.

Mere, so glad you are enjoying your home and family.  No matter what, there is no place like home.

Klaas, I am glad you are improving.  Keep smiling, that does cure all.

We are being overrun by animals.  We have a Blonde rabbit.  We have never seen a blonde rabbit.  Check with some hunters and they said they have never seen one either.  We also have chipmunks now.  Our two squirrels are back this morning. And the deer are still coming into the yard.  When you get up in the morning and look out to the backyard all you see are animals running around everywhere.  Must be all this rain causing this.

Everyone have a great weekend.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2013, 01:42:49 PM »

Hi everyone.  RAIN, RAIN GO AWAY.............................

I am just sick of all this rain.  We had 3.6" of rain this morning in 30 minutes.  Yesterday we had almost 4" of rain.  It just keeps coming.  The ants are just terrible with all this rain.  You can spray around the house for them but the rain washes it away.  The honey bees are horrible this year.  I had to take down my hummingbird feeders to stop so many of them from coming up to the front porch.

On a different note, my mum's are absolutely beautiful this year.  I separated them and potted 36 pots of them and gave them away.  My Sister in law said she planted her's about 3 weeks ago and she said they are just beautiful.  You cannot tell I put a dent in them by.  I will post some pictures when they bud out.  I can't wait!

CBB, are these rains reaching you?  The poor mountains cannot stand anymore rain.  I am afraid to go there for fear the roadways will give way on us.

Mere, so glad you are enjoying your home and family.  No matter what, there is no place like home.

Klaas, I am glad you are improving.  Keep smiling, that does cure all.

We are being overrun by animals.  We have a Blonde rabbit.  We have never seen a blonde rabbit.  Check with some hunters and they said they have never seen one either.  We also have chipmunks now.  Our two squirrels are back this morning. And the deer are still coming into the yard.  When you get up in the morning and look out to the backyard all you see are animals running around everywhere.  Must be all this rain causing this.

Everyone have a great weekend.

So sorry you are having all that rain.  I hope you get relief soon.

Sometimes my back yard looks like that.  I think it is all the new construction. My yard always feels peaceful, they must sense it.  There is nowhere else for them to go.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2013, 03:52:52 AM »

This reminds me of something that happened in Aruba.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/New-info-about-Mineral-Wells-woman-found-dead-in-freezer-219484181.html?ref=next

New info about Mineral Wells woman found dead in freezer

Shannon Huddleston was home with her husband, son, and a family friend. Her 19-year-old son found her face-up in a deep freezer in the garage.

Huddleston had texted in sick for work that day.

They also took Huddleston's cell phone, laptop computers and drug paraphernalia, along and a swab of what appeared to be blood from a bedroom door.

Investigators said Huddleston's death does not appear to be suspicious.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2013, 04:02:24 AM »

Warning for all you new Parents and Grandparents out there who watch their grand/child/ren through the computer at home or from work.  There may be others watching your children, too.  You really have to click on this link and hear this story from the Dad to realize the full effect of this.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/Houston-family-scared-after-hacker-harasses-them-through-baby-monitor-219591141.html

Houston family scared after hacker harasses them through baby monitor

The camera they were using to monitor their 2-year-old and keep her safe was hacked, and what the hacker did was chilling.

I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2013, 01:41:13 PM »

Watch Lab Chimps Finally Get to Go Outside After 30 YEARS in Captivity!!

Aug 14th-2013
Just scroll down to the You Tube arrow and grab some tissues!!!

http://aattp.org/watch-lab-chimps-finally-get-to-go-outside-after-30-years-in-captivity/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #270 on: August 15, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »

Nut, thanks for sharing - that was awesome and just what I needed!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #271 on: August 15, 2013, 03:30:06 PM »

Nut, that was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I love watching helpless, harmed animals get a better chance. The largest elephant sanctuary in the country is in Tennessee. They exclusively take elephants (both African and Asian) that have been in the circus, or zoo without other elephants, old, and sick. This is one of those stories. Please take a few minutes and meet Shirley and don't put away those tissues just yet. But it's a wonderful story!!

Part 1:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzEUayHqrRc

Part 2:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXKxgLvIS6Y

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:32:03 PM by CBB » Logged
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #272 on: August 15, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »

Nut, that was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I love watching helpless, harmed animals get a better chance. The largest elephant sanctuary in the country is in Tennessee. They exclusively take elephants (both African and Asian) that have been in the circus, or zoo without other elephants, old, and sick. This is one of those stories. Please take a few minutes and meet Shirley and don't put away those tissues just yet. But it's a wonderful story!!

Part 1:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzEUayHqrRc

Part 2:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXKxgLvIS6Y

Talk about a tear jerker - wow!!  What a beautiful story with a beautiful ending!  I love Solomon!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #273 on: August 16, 2013, 02:56:15 AM »

Thanks to all...CBB, I have heard about the Elephants but never took the time to check them out...TY! Amazing...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #274 on: August 16, 2013, 01:22:19 PM »

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »

This put a big smile on my face.   

(h/t Huffpo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G1ckKDRc69w

Turn the volume up.   I love it!!!

Monkey Devil!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #276 on: August 22, 2013, 08:42:13 AM »

(h/t Huffpo)

Monkey Devil!

Thank you Blue Moon   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: August 22, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »

(h/t Huffpo)

Monkey Devil!

Now that put a smile on my face this morning!!    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: August 22, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »

(h/t Huffpo)

Monkey Devil!

Now that put a smile on my face this morning!!    

I believe in miracles!
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: August 22, 2013, 08:26:11 PM »

I don't really know where to put this...I know it says Open Discussion here.  I have a BIG favor to ask of anyone that can help.  I have a YouTube video that I think may be of a fight that may help someone...how to I pull out pieces...and so on.  Also, is there a way to find out when it was taken...not posted...but taken?  Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.