April 18, 2024, 04:24:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 421438 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: January 29, 2014, 11:37:08 PM »

Oh, CBB, I love those pics.  Heck you have hills everywhere where you live.  Here we have to go to Hospital Hill (our old city-county hospital) to have a hill to sled down.  Or we can go to WKU and slide down the Cherry Hall hill.

What kind of hat does your son have on?  I love those pictures.  That is what memories are made of.  Those are the cutest 2 boys, so handsome.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #701 on: January 30, 2014, 02:13:35 AM »

For some folks, this may be an icky subject, but for those that love their doggies and want to help them with their problems, this is important:

http://raisinghealthydogs.com/discover-the-health-benefits-of-canned-pumpkin-for-dogs
Discover the Health Benefits of Canned Pumpkin for Dogs

Two common canine ailments are diarrhea and constipation.  Did you know that canned pumpkin can offer a solution to both?
Diarrhea is more a symptom rather than a disease and is typically a sign that something is wrong with your dog’s digestive system. A lot of things can cause diarrhea in your dog; it may have eaten something that disagrees with its body, it may have food allergies, bacterial or viral infection or a worm infestation. It may even be due to a change in its diet.
In normal cases, diarrhea has a surprisingly simple solution: canned pumpkins. Canned pumpkin is actually pumpkin in a puree form. Pumpkins are very rich in fiber and even adding two teaspoons of canned pumpkin in you dog’s food helps the digestion process. Canned pumpkin has a large quantity of dietary fiber and it will also absorb the excess water present in the stool. This makes your dog’s stool more firm and results can be seen within a few hours. Give your small dog one and a half to two teaspoons of canned pumpkin. For a larger dog give two tablespoons instead.
Another benefit of canned pumpkin is in treating dogs for constipation. It softens your dog’s stool and can cure an upset stomach very quickly. This makes canned pumpkins one of the best natural remedies to your dog’s stomach problems.
Canned pumpkin also makes a great addition to dog treats.  Just add some canned pumpkin to your favorite dog treat recipes to give Fido a healthy treat.
Canned pumpkin is low in saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol.  It is also a good source of Vitamin E, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium and is also a very good source of dietary fiber.  Some vets even recommend canned pumpkin for weight loss in dogs.  Simply substitute one-third of your dog’s regular food with an equivalent amount of canned pumpkin.  Because it is high in fiber, canned pumpkin will make your dog fuller than it would if you just reduced their caloric intake.
You can find canned pumpkin in the baking section of most grocery stores.

Great advice, Muffy! I'm going to add that to her breakfast!   

Blue Moon, the hat is just a goofy toboggan he picked up at a cold UT football game.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #702 on: January 30, 2014, 11:42:43 AM »

I have a techie question....... in other words, "HELP"!   

Michael posted a video on facebook of the kids riding their sleds. First....... how do I save it either to my photobucket account or to my computer? If I can get through that, then could I post it here by simply going through the same steps I do when I'm posting a picture?

Thanks guys! The technical part has never been my strong suit!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #703 on: January 30, 2014, 11:54:15 AM »

Well, I can post the link to it, anyway! That's Waylon's high pitched squeal that's unmistakable in any crowd, and my daughter in law directing traffic!   

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152235514778938
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: January 30, 2014, 04:37:50 PM »

Michael posted a video on facebook of the kids riding their sleds. First....... how do I save it either to my photobucket account or to my computer? If I can get through that, then could I post it here by simply going through the same steps I do when I'm posting a picture?

CBB the link you posted will only work if people are your son's friends on Facebook.   Have Michael email you the video then save it to your PC.  Once on your PC you can upload to photobucket 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #705 on: January 30, 2014, 04:56:16 PM »

CBB the link you posted will only work if people are your son's friends on Facebook.   Have Michael email you the video then save it to your PC.  Once on your PC you can upload to photobucket 

I knew you'd know how, Klaas!  OK, I'll give that a try! Thank you!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #706 on: January 30, 2014, 07:51:13 PM »

OK, I got three videos in my e-mail that will play in my media window and are saved in my "downloads" file. I tried to upload one to my Photobucket and got this message: " Videos are limited to 500 MB or 10 minutes in length. Supported image file types include gif, jpg, jpeg, png, and bmp. Learn More
The following files were not uploaded: viewattachment(5)

Each one is only a few seconds so length of time isn't the problem. Under properties, it says it's 2.05MB. What am I doing wrong?   
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: January 30, 2014, 09:11:10 PM »

OK, I got three videos in my e-mail that will play in my media window and are saved in my "downloads" file. I tried to upload one to my Photobucket and got this message: " Videos are limited to 500 MB or 10 minutes in length. Supported image file types include gif, jpg, jpeg, png, and bmp. Learn More

Each one is only a few seconds so length of time isn't the problem. Under properties, it says it's 2.05MB. What am I doing wrong?   

Just guessing but I would say the file has to be saved as a ".mov" and not .jpg.   .JPG is a picture only and .mov is a movie.  A video could be saved under something else though.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #708 on: January 30, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »

CBB, if they are on facebook you can import from facebook into Photo bucket.  It is just a click on "Import from Facebook" and then you can select which facebook video or pictures you want to import.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #709 on: January 30, 2014, 11:19:47 PM »

Thanks, Blue Moon! 

I've been playing with that and I got the one video on my timeline but it wasn't picked up by photobucket. I think the problem is that it isn't my video. I'm working on it.........
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #710 on: January 30, 2014, 11:35:40 PM »

Thanks, Blue Moon! 

I've been playing with that and I got the one video on my timeline but it wasn't picked up by photobucket. I think the problem is that it isn't my video. I'm working on it.........

Good Luck CBB I would have given up a long time ago. And just sent it  Klaas to do her magic with it. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: January 31, 2014, 08:54:18 AM »

Is it longer than 10 minutes? 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: January 31, 2014, 08:58:33 AM »

You could also try one of the free video sharing sites like vimeo.com
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #713 on: February 01, 2014, 03:35:01 PM »

I am just so sick of this weather---------3-5" snow tomorrow along with a nice layer of ice underneath..........

It is 62* outside, I think I will go out for a walk and enjoy the sunshine.  I cannot wait for spring.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #714 on: February 06, 2014, 07:56:28 AM »

Morning Monkeys!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #715 on: February 11, 2014, 02:25:50 AM »

There's more snow in the forecast.  

John and I are, for the first time in over 3 years, going on a little "mini" trip ALONE!   Michael and April have agreed to keep Waylon and KuBear Thursday through Monday and we're going to Gatlinburg. That or Asheville were the shortest destination points we could come up with to get away quickly, and I opted for the Great Smokeys. It's only about 90 minutes away. I feel like Scarlett O'Hara with my fist raised in the air, but I swear we are going if I have to rent a sled dog team to get there! We neeeeeeed this break! Besides, if I'm gone, I can turn the heat way down at the house and maybe be able to afford the electric bill next month. I have never had such high heating bills as I've had this winter!

They say this storm is going to be the wet, heavy snow. UGH! That's the kind that brings down power lines. I relate to this 4 year old cutie:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/irG2vfYpsJQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/irG2vfYpsJQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:29:45 AM by CBB » Logged
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #716 on: February 11, 2014, 03:24:41 AM »

There's more snow in the forecast.  

John and I are, for the first time in over 3 years, going on a little "mini" trip ALONE!   Michael and April have agreed to keep Waylon and KuBear Thursday through Monday and we're going to Gatlinburg. That or Asheville were the shortest destination points we could come up with to get away quickly, and I opted for the Great Smokeys. It's only about 90 minutes away. I feel like Scarlett O'Hara with my fist raised in the air, but I swear we are going if I have to rent a sled dog team to get there! We neeeeeeed this break! Besides, if I'm gone, I can turn the heat way down at the house and maybe be able to afford the electric bill next month. I have never had such high heating bills as I've had this winter!

They say this storm is going to be the wet, heavy snow. UGH! That's the kind that brings down power lines. I relate to this 4 year old cutie:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/irG2vfYpsJQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/irG2vfYpsJQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Isn't he a cutie. I am sure there are lots of Monkeys who can relate. I hate to say it but I was reading and they are saying most of the country will have a very slow start for spring.  In other words spring weather will be late getting here.

You guys have a great time away and relax and enjoy your me time. You deserve it. Be careful on the roads. We are getting more icy rain here in North Texas. The roads are all pretty much iced over. Some sports worse than others.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: February 11, 2014, 08:55:50 AM »

Have a good time, CBB!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: February 11, 2014, 09:01:00 AM »

Have a great time CBB!  You and John really deserve this mini vacation!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #719 on: February 11, 2014, 05:18:40 PM »

Have a great time CBB, hope your don't get iced/snowed in.   

I got a deal from Cabins America the other day for the month of February---check in on Fri-Sunday, stay 4 nights and only pay for 2 nights.  I am looking at doing that about week after next.  That's a great bargain. The temps will rise next week in the 50's and then by the end of next week in the 60's.  Can't wait........................and my electric bill is about to break the bank this year even with a wood burning stove.

Enjoy!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.