April 26, 2024, 08:30:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 422204 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #860 on: May 28, 2014, 02:05:25 AM »

Klaas--you are killing me here  
Test drive went awesome, but when we got back, Matt checked under the hood and popped the cover on radiator holding tank...motor oil in it. Blown intake gasket, but totally fixable and not uncommon in that model. I am buying it anyway. Dealer said it should be ready to come home with me on Wed. or Thursday. Everything else is mint, even the trunk area. So I hurry up and wait again................... sigh.  
The car is white w/ bluish/gray cloth interior...loaded with all the goodies, lol, except no sun/moon roof Sad OH...and no GPS, I can read a map, but I can't fold them back into their prior shape.  Something like this......... http://blog.petflow.com/i-never-knew-how-to-fold-a-fitted-sheet/ 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:17:20 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #861 on: May 28, 2014, 02:09:02 AM »

WOOOHOOOOooooooo...hopefully getting a new used car today!! That's right, a car! Never thought I'd buy anything but an SUV or Pickup Trk. w/ 4x4   , ever ... but I fell in love with a Buick Century 4 door coupe. I am now officially an old fart  Monkey Devil!  lmao.

Yippee!  How fun!  I love new cars! Is this a newer or order model?  Can't wait to hear more about it!  

Big difference between the 1937 model

and the 2005 model, lol

BHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAhhhhaaa!! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #862 on: May 28, 2014, 11:20:16 PM »

Congrats on your new car, Nut!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #863 on: June 04, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope any of our Monkeys in the path of the storm that hit Nebraska yesterday are safe.

Looks like summer is here in Texas. Almost hit a 100 yesterday. Time to turn the AC on.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: June 04, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Hope everyone is doing well. Hope any of our Monkeys in the path of the storm that hit Nebraska yesterday are safe.

Looks like summer is here in Texas. Almost hit a 100 yesterday. Time to turn the AC on.

Good morning Green Eyes!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #865 on: June 04, 2014, 03:08:43 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Good morning Green Eyes!   

How is going in your neck of the woods?
Afternoon Muffy

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: June 04, 2014, 04:39:12 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Good morning Green Eyes!   

Afternoon Muffy

It was pretty warm here today.  After the rains we had earlier, the grass (and weeds) have really taken off.  The good thing is, it's been a real boon for the garden too! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #867 on: June 04, 2014, 05:39:43 PM »

Morning Monkeys

Good morning Green Eyes!   

Afternoon Muffy

It was pretty warm here today.  After the rains we had earlier, the grass (and weeds) have really taken off.  The good thing is, it's been a real boon for the garden too! 

Glad your garden as benefited from your rain. We haven't had enough to help here. It's all gone either north,east or south of us. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #868 on: June 04, 2014, 09:12:07 PM »

Morning Monkeys

We are in the midst of those storms right now and until 3am in the morning.  Already had 3 tornado warnings for our city.  I have some pics of 2 funnel clouds that formed about a mile from our home.  Luckily it didn't touch down and passed our city but I understand it intensified and is touching down around our local lake.

We spent the past 2 days removing our 4 posts on our front porch and just finished this afternoon before the storms started rolling in.  Just our luck the high winds will topple the entire roof and posts.

Stay safe, it is going to be a long night.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #869 on: June 04, 2014, 09:54:53 PM »

Morning Monkeys

We are in the midst of those storms right now and until 3am in the morning.  Already had 3 tornado warnings for our city.  I have some pics of 2 funnel clouds that formed about a mile from our home.  Luckily it didn't touch down and passed our city but I understand it intensified and is touching down around our local lake.

We spent the past 2 days removing our 4 posts on our front porch and just finished this afternoon before the storms started rolling in.  Just our luck the high winds will topple the entire roof and posts.

Stay safe, it is going to be a long night.

Be safe Blue Moon. Hope it passes without any problems.  I haven't been watching where the storms were going tonight. I don't like these night storms. Hope you & hubs have a boring night. Please let up know how you guys are after it passes. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #870 on: June 09, 2014, 09:10:57 PM »

Evening Monkeys  I tried posting this morning that we were getting some needed rain this  here in North Texas. But I Hughes went down before I could post.  We got almost 2 inches. Still down something like 14 inches. Sure cooled us down for the day. Only high 70's this afternoon. We were just about 100 the last week.

Hope everyone had a great week end. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: June 10, 2014, 08:15:43 AM »

Evening Monkeys  I tried posting this morning that we were getting some needed rain this  here in North Texas. But I Hughes went down before I could post.  We got almost 2 inches. Still down something like 14 inches. Sure cooled us down for the day. Only high 70's this afternoon. We were just about 100 the last week.

Hope everyone had a great week end. 

Good morning GE! 

We got much needed rain in central Texas yesterday.    We're still short as far as rainfall goes, too.  It's clear this morning, and the weather forecasts temps of at least 90, so yeah, hot and humid today.  The grass is green and the tomatoes are growing so it's all good.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: June 13, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »

So hard writing this...   

Our Sheltie, Scout went to the Rainbow Bridge early Tuesday morning.  She's the one on the left in my avatar.  We've had her since she was five weeks old and she would have been nine in September.  She was sick about a month ago, the vet said he thought it could be pancreatitis so we treated her and she seemed to recover well.  Monday night she had a sudden onset of similar symptoms that progressed much more quickly; she seemed to go into shock and died within a few hours of showing any sign of not feeling well.  I miss her so much, there is a huge empty place in our home without her.  She was a wonderful companion to us all, and I'm thankful for every day we had with her.  Even with three remaining furbabies inside, it's so quiet without her.  She was the alpha, and what I sometimes referred to as the town crier, she alerted everyone to anything and everything going on around here.  The others still bark of course, but the lead voice is missing.  She loved herding, and exploring with her sister (who is lost without her).  The Jack Russell's have seemed sad too since her passing.  Scout and I had a special bond, she comforted me so many times over the years, and she always came to me for comfort when it stormed; she was terrified of thunderstorms.  We've had many many dogs over the years, Scout was our first Sheltie.  She and her sister have been the best dogs, so full of love and life and a joy to be around.    I'll never forget her and will miss her as long as I live.  She was truly a beauty, inside and out.

Rest in peace my sweet girl, Scout.   an angelic monkey

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: June 13, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »

I'm so sorry texasmom.    

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #874 on: June 13, 2014, 03:10:15 PM »

Hugs to you Texasmom.  I know you are hurting.

Prayers for you and your family. 
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #875 on: June 13, 2014, 03:19:48 PM »

Texasmom.....what a wonderful note about Scout....lots of love there.   
Thank you for sharing....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: June 13, 2014, 05:17:12 PM »

Thank you Muffybee, cadillac, and Mere for the kind thoughts, hugs, and prayers.   an angelic monkey

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: June 13, 2014, 05:27:05 PM »

Oh TM, I'm so sorry.  I know your heart is breaking. (( HUGS))
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: June 13, 2014, 07:02:48 PM »

Oh TM, I'm so sorry.  I know your heart is breaking. (( HUGS))

Thanks Klaas, yes it is and it hurts so bad!   

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #879 on: June 13, 2014, 11:24:12 PM »

So hard writing this...   

Our Sheltie, Scout went to the Rainbow Bridge early Tuesday morning.  She's the one on the left in my avatar.  We've had her since she was five weeks old and she would have been nine in September.  She was sick about a month ago, the vet said he thought it could be pancreatitis so we treated her and she seemed to recover well.  Monday night she had a sudden onset of similar symptoms that progressed much more quickly; she seemed to go into shock and died within a few hours of showing any sign of not feeling well.  I miss her so much, there is a huge empty place in our home without her.  She was a wonderful companion to us all, and I'm thankful for every day we had with her.  Even with three remaining furbabies inside, it's so quiet without her.  She was the alpha, and what I sometimes referred to as the town crier, she alerted everyone to anything and everything going on around here.  The others still bark of course, but the lead voice is missing.  She loved herding, and exploring with her sister (who is lost without her).  The Jack Russell's have seemed sad too since her passing.  Scout and I had a special bond, she comforted me so many times over the years, and she always came to me for comfort when it stormed; she was terrified of thunderstorms.  We've had many many dogs over the years, Scout was our first Sheltie.  She and her sister have been the best dogs, so full of love and life and a joy to be around.    I'll never forget her and will miss her as long as I live.  She was truly a beauty, inside and out.

Rest in peace my sweet girl, Scout.   an angelic monkey

I am so sorry TM.  They become so much a part of our family and I know your heart is breaking.  She was a beauty.  May she rest in peace.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.