March 28, 2024, 05:04:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420752 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #880 on: June 13, 2014, 11:35:57 PM »

So hard writing this...   

Our Sheltie, Scout went to the Rainbow Bridge early Tuesday morning.  She's the one on the left in my avatar.  We've had her since she was five weeks old and she would have been nine in September.  She was sick about a month ago, the vet said he thought it could be pancreatitis so we treated her and she seemed to recover well.  Monday night she had a sudden onset of similar symptoms that progressed much more quickly; she seemed to go into shock and died within a few hours of showing any sign of not feeling well.  I miss her so much, there is a huge empty place in our home without her.  She was a wonderful companion to us all, and I'm thankful for every day we had with her.  Even with three remaining furbabies inside, it's so quiet without her.  She was the alpha, and what I sometimes referred to as the town crier, she alerted everyone to anything and everything going on around here.  The others still bark of course, but the lead voice is missing.  She loved herding, and exploring with her sister (who is lost without her).  The Jack Russell's have seemed sad too since her passing.  Scout and I had a special bond, she comforted me so many times over the years, and she always came to me for comfort when it stormed; she was terrified of thunderstorms.  We've had many many dogs over the years, Scout was our first Sheltie.  She and her sister have been the best dogs, so full of love and life and a joy to be around.    I'll never forget her and will miss her as long as I live.  She was truly a beauty, inside and out.

Rest in peace my sweet girl, Scout.   an angelic monkey

I am so sorry texasmom. It's so hard to lose our fur babies. Hugs to you all. Remember you have almost 9 years of wonderful memories.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #881 on: June 14, 2014, 12:17:35 AM »

Thank you Blue Moon and Green Eyes.   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #882 on: June 14, 2014, 06:19:04 AM »

texasmom  - I'm so sorry to hear you lost your beautiful Scout.  Your loving words are a wonderful tribute to her.  Sending hugs your way. xoxo
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: June 14, 2014, 11:11:07 AM »

Texasmom {{{hugs}}}

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Scout.
Sending prayers of comfort to you and your family.  an angelic monkey
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: June 14, 2014, 11:24:24 AM »

Thank you can and grace-land.   an angelic monkey

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #885 on: June 15, 2014, 10:45:29 AM »

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all

Although my father has been gone for many years I think back on my life growing up and how, as a large family, he taught each of us how to SURVIVE.  He taught his children that you don't have a free ride, you pay for what you want, you do without if you can't pay for it and you NEVER, NEVER expect someone else to pay your way. 

I took his lessons to heart and today I am what I am because of the "hard life" lessons he taught me.  Being one of eleven children wasn't easy but I would not have traded my childhood for anything in this world.

Thank you Dad, I miss you everyday.

an angelic monkey

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: June 15, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »

We're still cleaning up, chain sawing, stacking, burning, and shredding after the big storm winds hit Thursday night. Sixty to seventy mile an hour winds not only came through, but seemed to have a back and forth action.    One large double trunk Spanish Oak (Red Oak) in the back of the house snapped in half and fortunately fell away from the house.  The Cedar Elms took quite a beating, with one snapped off near the top and now leaning on another in the front of the house, while others had limbs break and fall in different areas around the house.  The live oaks, burr oaks and other trees such as the red buds, persimmons ets. seemed to do okay.  We've worked to maintain the trees since we moved in eight years ago, and I think this is part of the reason the oaks did so well.  We had cut away dead limbs, pruned them to help avoid breakage in high winds and of course, pruned them away from over the roof and near the house.  The Spanish Oak was a weaker tree and looks like it may have had some sort of disease causing rot on it's inside. The ongoing drought has taken it's toll.  We don't prune oak trees until at least July and only do that for a short window, and again trim in the coldest part of the year because of oak wilt threat.  Only sections of the land was damaged, as if the wind had a path.

Our tree guy will come out Monday to take care of the broken cedar elm top and perhaps trim up some of the badly broken branches my husband and son aren't able to access.  It will be a lot of work getting the trees trimmed up, as the stubs and areas that broke off need to be trimmed evenly to help healing and to help future growth.  Some of the oaks are estimated to be at least a hundred years old. 

We're fortunate no one was hurt, the house and vehicles not damaged. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: June 15, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »

I've got an earworm going on:  The Band Perry's "Chainsaw".   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: June 15, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »

We're still cleaning up, chain sawing, stacking, burning, and shredding after the big storm winds hit Thursday night. Sixty to seventy mile an hour winds not only came through, but seemed to have a back and forth action.    One large double trunk Spanish Oak (Red Oak) in the back of the house snapped in half and fortunately fell away from the house.  The Cedar Elms took quite a beating, with one snapped off near the top and now leaning on another in the front of the house, while others had limbs break and fall in different areas around the house.  The live oaks, burr oaks and other trees such as the red buds, persimmons ets. seemed to do okay.  We've worked to maintain the trees since we moved in eight years ago, and I think this is part of the reason the oaks did so well.  We had cut away dead limbs, pruned them to help avoid breakage in high winds and of course, pruned them away from over the roof and near the house.  The Spanish Oak was a weaker tree and looks like it may have had some sort of disease causing rot on it's inside. The ongoing drought has taken it's toll.  We don't prune oak trees until at least July and only do that for a short window, and again trim in the coldest part of the year because of oak wilt threat.  Only sections of the land was damaged, as if the wind had a path.

Our tree guy will come out Monday to take care of the broken cedar elm top and perhaps trim up some of the badly broken branches my husband and son aren't able to access.  It will be a lot of work getting the trees trimmed up, as the stubs and areas that broke off need to be trimmed evenly to help healing and to help future growth.  Some of the oaks are estimated to be at least a hundred years old. 

Muffy - I didn't realize the storms were so near to you.  Glad you guys are OK.  Sorry about all the tree damage. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: June 15, 2014, 12:02:51 PM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: June 15, 2014, 12:07:13 PM »

So thankful you're all ok, MuffyBee!  We're surrounded by trees, and although I love them I pray every time it storms.  We've lost several in the last few years from the drought, and some from a nasty neighbor deliberately flooding our land.  I know how much work cleanup is, and will keep you and yours in my prayers for safety as you complete yours.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: June 15, 2014, 12:13:48 PM »

HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all

Although my father has been gone for many years I think back on my life growing up and how, as a large family, he taught each of us how to SURVIVE.  He taught his children that you don't have a free ride, you pay for what you want, you do without if you can't pay for it and you NEVER, NEVER expect someone else to pay your way. 

I took his lessons to heart and today I am what I am because of the "hard life" lessons he taught me.  Being one of eleven children wasn't easy but I would not have traded my childhood for anything in this world.

Thank you Dad, I miss you everyday.

an angelic monkey

Such an awesome tribute to your dad, Blue Moon!   

Happy Father's Day all!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: June 15, 2014, 12:14:29 PM »

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: June 15, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »

TM,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your pup Scout.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: June 15, 2014, 12:47:41 PM »

Muffy - I didn't realize the storms were so near to you.  Glad you guys are OK.  Sorry about all the tree damage. 

Thank you Klaas.  We're very fortunate considering the winds we had. We didn't have tornadoes, but instead we had a microburst resulting in straight line winds. 

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: June 15, 2014, 01:00:14 PM »

Thank you Klaas.  We're very fortunate considering the winds we had. We didn't have tornadoes, but instead we had a microburst resulting in straight line winds. 

Muffy, so glad everyone is o.k.  Straight line winds can be as dangerous as tornadoes.  In fact, they can do more damage than a tornado because they are so strong and concentrated.  In straight line winds trees are the victims.  Glad it wasn't any worse.  Scary isn't it?

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: June 15, 2014, 01:00:43 PM »

So thankful you're all ok, MuffyBee!  We're surrounded by trees, and although I love them I pray every time it storms.  We've lost several in the last few years from the drought, and some from a nasty neighbor deliberately flooding our land.  I know how much work cleanup is, and will keep you and yours in my prayers for safety as you complete yours.

Thank you, texasmom.  We've got the big parts done, and at least the fence lines are okay and we can get in and out of the driveway. Some of our neighbors yards are worse and other neighbors yards look fine.  I was in the southeast part of our state the night the storms hit, so I missed that part.  I was so worried when my family called to tell me they were having a big wind storm and the tree in back snapped and the electricity was out.  Fortunately, beyond the yard littered with broken trees and limbs, all was well. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: June 15, 2014, 01:10:59 PM »

Muffy, so glad everyone is o.k.  Straight line winds can be as dangerous as tornadoes.  In fact, they can do more damage than a tornado because they are so strong and concentrated.  In straight line winds trees are the victims.  Glad it wasn't any worse.  Scary isn't it?

Thanks Blue Moon.  I'm really grateful my family and my neighbors are okay. There's some trees down and damaged, but we can deal with that. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #898 on: June 15, 2014, 01:47:01 PM »

TM,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your pup Scout.

Thank you, San.  Miss her so much!    Crying or Very sad

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #899 on: June 18, 2014, 10:42:13 AM »

Congrats on your new car, Nut!   

TY TY TY!! I never thought I'd be happy with a car, being a Nut  4  4x4 for so many years...but I do love my buick!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.