March 28, 2024, 10:30:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420770 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: April 16, 2013, 11:56:08 AM »

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:27:44 PM by San » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:22:10 AM »

Good morning!  Start of a new day, new week, new thread!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 07:47:24 PM »

I made soap all day got a lot done with no court going on
Raspberry

Lavender

Orange Blast

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 08:00:03 PM »

Don't miss the Dana Pretzer show tonight at 9pm ET!

Click on the link below to listen at 9pm ET

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:50:43 PM by klaasend » Logged
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 01:42:38 PM »

I'm selling soaps and all natural creams on Ebay any one interested you can email me at Blondeonahd@gmail.com

I just started a all Natural Skin care line of all Natural Products with 100% All natural  Products including
Emu Oil
I have been using this for about 20 ears and have gotten so may compliments on my smooth skin it's amazing I thought I would share this with you.

CERTIFIED Fully Refined Grade A Pure Emu oil bottled at a Certified AEA Bottling Company.*

Pure Emu Oil contains a complete balance of essential fatty acids (Omegas 3, 6, and 9) which play a part in almost every function of the human body, including the regeneration of healthy new skin cells. Natural lipids found in Emu oil match that of human skin. Replenishing these lipids helps replenish skin from the inside out. Emu oil supports skin's natural stimulation of proteins resulting in faster rejuvenation. The effects of emu oil to replenish and rejuvenate skin are indisputable.
It contains wonderful herbs such as comfrey and calendula , healing honey, moisturizing coconut oil and lavender essential oil.
Doesn't smell that good but works

Well, except the petroleum part

also made this cream love it
Benefits of Calendula
All made
Calendula is beneficial for a multitude of ailments. When taken internally – as a tea or tincture – it has the ability to reduce the inflammation of the digestive system. When applied topically — as a lotion, salve, ointment, herbal bath, or compress — it is one of the best herbs for treating skin issues like burns, inflammation, cuts, scrapes, bruises, bee stings, minor wounds, diaper rashes, conjunctivitis, eczema, athlete’s foot, and acne. It works just like any anti-fungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory would.

I have a FB page email me and I will give you the link and please like my page   

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 12:57:04 AM »

Klaas or one of our wonderful moderators, would you be good enough to add Pope John Paul II to the Religion area. TIA

Link to Pope John Paul II thread.  MB
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14263.new#new
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:15:30 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 08:00:17 AM »

Good Morning Monks.....I just came back from one of those 12 hour trips across the South.  We surely do have a beautiful country.....from perfectly flat to hills to mountains.....and such a variety of accents...lol.  The flowers are in bloom everywhere.  And I waved at Blue Moon again. 

Want to wish a Happy Birthday to all the April folks....

Blonde, I am amazed at all you are doing.  My grown children have beautiful homemade soaps in their guest bath.  I believe they come from a lovely gift shop in their town.  Can you give us your ebay
address? 

Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 09:56:06 AM »

Good morning all.  Hello Mere.

Mere, I will miss waving to you as we come thru your old home place.  BUT I still have CBB to wave at as I come through her area.  If I could find a job in CBB's area I would move there in a heartbeat.

I am 6 months smoke free!  I am working on the weight gain.  I walk a mile a day or more and even though my bones hurt after the walk I have noticed that the weight gain seems to be leveling off.  Hopefully if I can keep this up then all of this will prove it was worth it.   I know it is worth it cause I can breath better--so much better that my spring allergies from all the trees and flowers that are in bloom are killing me.

Have a good day.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 01:54:53 AM »

Blue Moon and Mere......... so glad you're enjoying Spring! I've been really sick and have missed getting out more, but it has been beautiful this year! The forsythia, daffodils and Bradford pears were first, and then all the crabapples and pear trees weren't far behind! The redbud have now peaked and tulips are everywhere! The deciduous trees are leafed out now and are that gorgeous spring green that is so vibrant! My iris are full of bud with their color tipping out just a bit, but are still tightly folded.

Oh, I'd love to have you both in my neck of the woods! 

There's so much to do in the yard, and it's going to be a while before I can manage it. My deck is an absolute mess. I wood puttied the woodpecker damage, but it looks awful. I'm thinking about just giving up the stain and painting the hand rail. The deck table has rust on the legs and the chairs need a good power washing on the wood slats and fresh paint on the legs. I really need to have a piece of glass cut for the top, too. I thought it might just be time to chuck it and buy another....... but then I went looking online and decided I could repair what I have. I can't believe what a teak table and chairs cost!!    I really like the wood finishes on the deck so I'll just roll up my sleeves when I feel better.

May 10th is always the magic date I use for buying potted flowers, and (knock on wood) I've never lost anything due to frost by waiting until then. It's gonna kill me to get my flowers out there when everything looks so bad, but maybe I can get to some things by then. It's been years since I've attempted to have flowers in the back planting areas. The deer always wipe me out with anything I try. This year, I'm willing to try once more with new stuff. I was given some red hot pokers last Fall, and the internet says deer don't like them... we'll see. They don't seem to like marigolds, but then again, neither do I!  Yellow just isn't my favorite flower color, but I'm willing to try almost anything one more time! I'm sure I caused an overweight deer population with all my day lilies. The sneaky little darlings would wait until the stalks were full height and all the buds were set, and I'd wake up one morning to find them perfectly bitten off just below the bud. I finally had John move them to the lake, and they've been beautiful there!

I saw my first geese brood today while John was driving Waylon to school! We counted 32 babies! They were EVERYWHERE and traffic was stopped both ways as they were being herded across the street by the adults. They just line right up while one adult leads the way, one brings up the rear and one sort of stands in the middle of the street ready to attack anything that would disturb the parade! LOL! Waylon got the biggest kick out of them! I haven't seen any duck broods yet, but the loons are here and apparently there's a few that have set up housekeeping on my end of the lake!  Usually, they're on up the lake a bit, with the swans so I was glad to see them.... and hear them. I love their call. I've been sitting on the screened in porch when it was warm enough, not doing anything but watching the lake, and it's coming to life!

Enjoy the thaw, monkeys! It's my favorite time of year!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 02:47:47 PM »

Blue Moon and Mere......... so glad you're enjoying Spring! I've been really sick and have missed getting out more, but it has been beautiful this year! The forsythia, daffodils and Bradford pears were first, and then all the crabapples and pear trees weren't far behind! The redbud have now peaked and tulips are everywhere! The deciduous trees are leafed out now and are that gorgeous spring green that is so vibrant! My iris are full of bud with their color tipping out just a bit, but are still tightly folded.

Oh, I'd love to have you both in my neck of the woods! 

There's so much to do in the yard, and it's going to be a while before I can manage it. My deck is an absolute mess. I wood puttied the woodpecker damage, but it looks awful. I'm thinking about just giving up the stain and painting the hand rail. The deck table has rust on the legs and the chairs need a good power washing on the wood slats and fresh paint on the legs. I really need to have a piece of glass cut for the top, too. I thought it might just be time to chuck it and buy another....... but then I went looking online and decided I could repair what I have. I can't believe what a teak table and chairs cost!!    I really like the wood finishes on the deck so I'll just roll up my sleeves when I feel better.

May 10th is always the magic date I use for buying potted flowers, and (knock on wood) I've never lost anything due to frost by waiting until then. It's gonna kill me to get my flowers out there when everything looks so bad, but maybe I can get to some things by then. It's been years since I've attempted to have flowers in the back planting areas. The deer always wipe me out with anything I try. This year, I'm willing to try once more with new stuff. I was given some red hot pokers last Fall, and the internet says deer don't like them... we'll see. They don't seem to like marigolds, but then again, neither do I!  Yellow just isn't my favorite flower color, but I'm willing to try almost anything one more time! I'm sure I caused an overweight deer population with all my day lilies. The sneaky little darlings would wait until the stalks were full height and all the buds were set, and I'd wake up one morning to find them perfectly bitten off just below the bud. I finally had John move them to the lake, and they've been beautiful there!

I saw my first geese brood today while John was driving Waylon to school! We counted 32 babies! They were EVERYWHERE and traffic was stopped both ways as they were being herded across the street by the adults. They just line right up while one adult leads the way, one brings up the rear and one sort of stands in the middle of the street ready to attack anything that would disturb the parade! LOL! Waylon got the biggest kick out of them! I haven't seen any duck broods yet, but the loons are here and apparently there's a few that have set up housekeeping on my end of the lake!  Usually, they're on up the lake a bit, with the swans so I was glad to see them.... and hear them. I love their call. I've been sitting on the screened in porch when it was warm enough, not doing anything but watching the lake, and it's coming to life!

Enjoy the thaw, monkeys! It's my favorite time of year!

Spring time is in the air for sure.  You said deer eat day lilies - something has been eating mine and I told my husband it had to be deer.  I found hoof prints in my flower bed (up against my house) and hubby said they would not come into the yard and get up against the house.  I think he is wrong.  They come into the yard and go to the back and eat our apples, why wouldn't they come into the front yard and eat my day lilies?

The pictures I took were at Cades Cove about a month ago.  The deer were in herds that day and there were so many. I wonder if they allow hunting in that area to thin these herds out?  Anyway, we met my sister from Ohio down there and we really enjoyed driving through the cove.  There were so many deer that day we gave up trying to count them.  Turkey were abundant also.  I really, really enjoy the mountains.

My mums have multiplied so bad that I am going to have to dig them up and reset them.  They have spread out and I have to do something to contain them.  Peony's are ready to bloom out, iris' ready to bloom, tulips have already bloomed, azalea's will bloom out before long, apple tree's have white blooms all over and the bradford pears were simply beautiful this year.  I even put out a hanging fern on my front porch.  I am ready for the warm weather.  We had frost one night last week.  Not good at this time of the year.

Sorry CBB you have been sick.  I have had allergies really bad this year but that will continue on as long as the mowing season goes on so it will probably get better about late fall.   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 12:57:58 PM »

Hope all our Monkeys that live around Houston are safe. Yikes they were saying that there's flooding around Houston. One town had 2 and 1/4 inches of rain in 10 minutes. It had to be coming down almost in a solid sheet of water.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 08:33:49 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/gallery/events/pets-animals/buda-wiener-dog-races-042813/g9Mg/#3357717
April 28, 2013

Ashley Landis
Daschunds race to the finish line during the 16th annual Buda Wiener Dog Races hosted by the Buda Lions Club at Buda City Park on Sun., April 28, 2013.

Hoards of daschunds took to the track today, competing in the 16th annual Buda Wiener Dog Races hosted by the Buda Lions Club at Buda City Park.

Above: Champion daschund Boomer, center, and his owners Brad Lawson and Jennifer Candelaria, right, pose for a photo after being awarded the first place trophy.

http://www.statesman.com/videos/news/prepping-for-the-wiener-dog-races/vzKzS/
Prepping for the wiener dog races
Boomer the Wiener dog has been training hard for the chance to score another 1st place win at the Annual Buda Wiener Dog Races.
Video 02:43

crazybabyborg
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »

Love the doxxies, Muffy! That must have been quite a sight!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 09:37:55 AM »

If you notice problems in the forum it's due to the migration to the new server.  We are working on it!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 11:50:54 PM »

FORUM MIGRATION UPDATE

It's going to take a while to work out all the bugs.  If you had an avatar that you uploaded from your PC it may not be showing up now.  An easy work around is to upload to photobucket and upload from that link.  That works.

We are missing some of our Smileys and I'll have to dig them up on my external drive.  I'll add those when I can.  

If you are having problems logging in it's likely due to an IP issue where your ISP hasn't logged the new IP of the forum yet and it's reading the old cached IP.  
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 09:04:50 AM »

FORUM MIGRATION UPDATE

It's going to take a while to work out all the bugs.  If you had an avatar that you uploaded from your PC it may not be showing up now.  An easy work around is to upload to photobucket and upload from that link.  That works.

We are missing some of our Smileys and I'll have to dig them up on my external drive.  I'll add those when I can.  

If you are having problems logging in it's likely due to an IP issue where your ISP hasn't logged the new IP of the forum yet and it's reading the old cached IP.  

You are wonderful to keep us monkeys informed.  Thank-you

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 11:24:37 AM »

Klaas

I am unable to access comments on the SM Front Page.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 11:36:40 AM »

Klaas

I am unable to access comments on the SM Front Page.

Janet

Yes - nobody is - they are working on that problem - all part of the migration.  Hopefully will be fixed by tomorrow!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 11:39:11 AM »

Testing time
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »

NOTE - IF YOUR TIME IS OFF WHEN YOU POST, YOU MAY NEED TO CHANGE THE TIME IN YOUR PROFILE. 

1.  Profile
2.  Look and Layout

Then adjust the time to your location knowing that the current forum time is set to Eastern time.  I had to change mine from -2 to -3 and now I'm OK.  I think the forum used to be set to Central time.  I'm in California so 3 hours less than NY.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.