March 28, 2024, 04:34:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420751 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 01:11:45 AM »

2yrs 7.5mo    She's growing up too fast!  an angelic monkey

She's beautiful Klaas!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 08:40:28 AM »

Nobody can ever replace the    She's the best 

You're the BEST too Klaas!   

All of our Admins and Mods ARE THE BEST, we are very fortunate to have you all here!   

I don't say it enough, THANKS for all you do!   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 08:58:43 AM »

I couldn't agree with you more, Klaas! I wasn't sure if it was something that Muffy wanted acknowledged so I hadn't said anything, but I'm so glad to be able to say "Thank you, Miss Bee!" No Monkey Mod has ever been more dedicated and committed to making sure things ran smoothly and your hard work will be sorely missed! 

I'll always remember Muffy riding shotgun on one harrowing night........you know exactly what I'm talking about Miss Bee!   

crazybabyborg
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 08:59:49 AM »

2yrs 7.5mo    She's growing up too fast!  an angelic monkey

She's beautiful Klaas!   

Wow!! What a beauty, she is, Klaas! Gorgeous smile!
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 09:30:43 AM »

Muffy I read in another thread where you said you have handed in your badge as a mod.

I just want to thank you for all your efforts trying to keep this cage of monkeys under control.

I appreciate all you have done as it is not an easy job and must have been very time consuming.

Happy retirement   

I missed the post, but wanted to say THANK YOU to MuffyBee as well for all she's done here at SM.  I truly appreciate her patience, kindness, and generosity in helping Klaas keep us all straight for so many years!  I know her help will be missed, but I hope she'll still be posting here with us!

I want to say, "thank you" as well.  Smile

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2013, 02:30:39 PM »

I just read about Muffy.  I hope you stick around and still post with us.  You and the other mod's and admin are the best.

Thanks for all you have done (and put up with).

Good luck--keep posting Muffy.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2013, 02:37:29 PM »

I just read about Muffy.  I hope you stick around and still post with us.  You and the other mod's and admin are the best.

Muffy is a classy monkey Smile  diplomatic, fun, with a good taste in music.
I look forward to your posts, I enjoy your opinions, Muffy.

Sniff, sniff,
Seahorse

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »

Forgot to say, Thank-you, Muffy for your patience. 

The mods and admin are the best. 

We are allowed to open-minded views, as long as we are respectful.

It is nice to be treated well.

P.S.
Blue Moon you are doing so well being smoke-free.
I never experience such freedom, until I quit smoking.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2013, 03:58:28 PM »

Mzzz Bee, you are much loved and missed as mod at SM for your sweet personality, assistance to monkeys (and you know we need that... lol, and all of the hours of hard work in keeping SM running smoothly.  You are a true treasure as an advocate for missing persons--research, comments, and contribution to discussion in many threads.  Please continue to share and post.  (You were the first monkey to welcome me to SM, thank you!  I was in the test area trying to learn how to post and you "appeared" and responded to my post.  I almost fell out of my chair!    Well, that gave me courage to continue to post!)

Get some well-deserved rest... and

Happy retirement! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 09:39:24 PM »

I couldn't agree with you more, Klaas! I wasn't sure if it was something that Muffy wanted acknowledged so I hadn't said anything, but I'm so glad to be able to say "Thank you, Miss Bee!" No Monkey Mod has ever been more dedicated and committed to making sure things ran smoothly and your hard work will be sorely missed! 

I'll always remember Muffy riding shotgun on one harrowing night........you know exactly what I'm talking about Miss Bee!   

Oh my gosh yes, CBB!!  What a crazy night that was!     I think it was about four years ago when "Bella from Hella" cut loose.  And I believe it was you that gave her the name. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 09:41:17 PM »

Thank you sweet monkeys for your kind words.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »

Nobody can ever replace the    She's the best  

Oh my gosh yes, CBB!!  What a crazy night that was!    I think it was about four years ago when "Bella from Hella" cut loose.  And I believe it was you that gave her the name.  

LOL! To this day, John still cracks up about me sitting so intently at the computer after warning him not to distract me, and then I suddenly yelled out, " HUH-UH! I'll be d#@*ed if you're gonna pull this crap in the Prayer Thread!"  ROFL!! Anytime I get stern and dig in my heels by saying "No", he just grins and teases, "Not in the prayer thread, huh?"

Yep, I'll always remember Bella from Hella, and you calmly sitting in the watch tower picking off posts! Love Ya' Miss Bee!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 11:13:24 PM by CBB » Logged
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2013, 03:41:56 AM »

an angelic monkey Happy Mothers Day to all our Monkey Moms an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »

TO ALL THE MONKEY MOMS
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2013, 04:26:11 PM »

I'm posting this here.  If there is another area for this announcement, klaas or mods please move it.  TIA

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/13/justice/pennsylvania-abortion-doctor-trial/index.html

Doctor found guilty of first-degree murder in Philadelphia abortion case 
updated 3:38 PM EDT, Mon May 13, 2013

Philadelphia (CNN) -- A jury Monday found a Philadelphia abortion provider guilty of three counts of first-degree murder.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 72, was accused of killing babies by using scissors to cut their spinal cords. Authorities alleged that some of the infants were born alive and viable during the sixth, seventh and eighth months of pregnancy.

Monday's first-degree murder conviction means Gosnell, who is not a board-certified obstetrician or gynecologist, could be sentenced to death.

Gosnell also was accused in the death of Karnamaya Mongar, 41, who died of an anesthetic overdose during a second-trimester abortion at his West Philadelphia clinic. In that case, the jury found him guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Gosnell was also found guilty of 21 counts of abortion of the unborn, 24 weeks or older.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2013, 11:28:52 PM »

P.S.

Seahorse, YES it is wonderful to be "smoke free".  It has been 7 months.  My weight gain is leveling off and now I can focus on losing the extra "14 lbs" I added. 

I have had plenty of exercise for the last 2 days.  I  am chasing a mole in the front of my house in my flower beds.  I thought I stabbed it last night and I check this morning and it dug up the other side of my flowers.  So, all day today I have gone out to check on it, see it start moving, grab my sharp hoe and BAM--but it out smarts me every time and gets away.  I will get that little varmint before the week is out!  You can count on that.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 02:48:52 PM »

Your Granddaughter is gorgeous Klaas.  I cannot believe she is that old!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2013, 02:24:55 PM »

P.S.

Seahorse, YES it is wonderful to be "smoke free".  It has been 7 months.  My weight gain is leveling off and now I can focus on losing the extra "14 lbs" I added. 

I have had plenty of exercise for the last 2 days.  I  am chasing a mole in the front of my house in my flower beds.  I thought I stabbed it last night and I check this morning and it dug up the other side of my flowers.  So, all day today I have gone out to check on it, see it start moving, grab my sharp hoe and BAM--but it out smarts me every time and gets away.  I will get that little varmint before the week is out!  You can count on that.

God Bless you, Blue Moon. 
It is easier to loose the weight, than to find a another pair of lungs.

I now, recall, why I quit smoking. I did not want the wrinkles around the mouth. 
I think it was vanity, partly, for my decision. 

I was also  so dog-on tired of wiping the inside of the car window, full of nigotine.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2013, 03:04:07 PM »

Yuck just watched a bunch of crows chase a snake out of one of the trees on our property.  The birds were screaming and when I went to the back door to look out and see what was going on. Saw the snake drop out of the tree and take off across the yard. Lost it when it went behind our metal shed. 

It was about 4 feet long and black or dark gray. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2013, 04:23:04 PM »

Yuck just watched a bunch of crows chase a snake out of one of the trees on our property.  The birds were screaming and when I went to the back door to look out and see what was going on. Saw the snake drop out of the tree and take off across the yard. Lost it when it went behind our metal shed. 

It was about 4 feet long and black or dark gray. 

The snake must have been after the crows eggs or baby birds.  It's really interesting (to say the least!) you witnessed this.     It sounds like you have an aversion to snakes, like Indiana Jones had.  "Snakes.  Why'd it have to be snakes?"      I've been told we should protect snakes, as many are harmless and necessary for the ecosystem.  Huh?  What?  I consider all snakes dangerous, because I could hurt myself just trying to get away from them.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.