April 18, 2024, 11:00:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 421519 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »

Babs, I'd need to get more of a description of the snake to identify it.  It could be a Rat Snake, which is non-venomous and eats (of course) rats and small prey. But they just love eggs and are excellent climbers.  Just when you thought you were being careful about snakes on the ground, you realize they can also be in the trees.   Did the snake have any other identifying marks such as blotches etc?  That would be helpful to know.

Muffy, is there anything you don't know about?  I will surely miss you around the water cooler.  I wrote a post about how much I would miss you moderating, but it seems to have gone poof!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:49:17 PM by Bearlyhere » Logged

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2013, 02:30:10 PM »

I HATES SNAKES!! Gives me the creeps just looking at the pictures!!

I've heard that excited bird noise before, and I know before I even look, what it is!

GE......... I hope you can rid your yard from it ASAP, so you can walk around without looking for it!!     

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW TONIGHT AT 9PM ET:

Click on the link below:
http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »

You have to watch this Jack Russell video - it is amazing!!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/PztO-OvzRyg?rel=0
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »

Love love love it!  Thanks, Jackie!  Is that who you are named after, Jack Russell's?  Our family is full of Russell's.  Maybe we are related.

Just one question.  What is the brown stuff he is wiping up off the bathroom floor?

I believe in miracles!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2013, 07:35:49 PM »

Love love love it!  Thanks, Jackie!  Is that who you are named after, Jack Russell's?  Our family is full of Russell's.  Maybe we are related.

Just one question.  What is the brown stuff he is wiping up off the bathroom floor?

Bearly, I don't even want to know what the brown stuff was, lol!

I will take 3 Jesse's.  None of my three JR's do anything like that - it sure would be nice if they did!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »

Bearly, I don't even want to know what the brown stuff was, lol!

I will take 3 Jesse's.  None of my three JR's do anything like that - it sure would be nice if they did!

Jesse seems like such a happy pooch!

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2013, 02:36:53 AM »

Hi Bearly

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2013, 04:17:05 AM »

Hi Bearly

(My bear is missing)

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2013, 08:04:46 PM »

To all monkeys be safe Oklahoma is getting get again with tornadoes.  The last one is headed to Oklahoma City. I hope everyone is safe.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2013, 09:17:23 PM »

To all monkeys be safe Oklahoma is getting get again with tornadoes.  The last one is headed to Oklahoma City. I hope everyone is safe.

I was just watching that on the Weather Channel.  How awful!  I just heard that a mother and her baby was sucked out of their car in that tornado that was crossing I-40.

They have built tornado shelters at a couple of our county parks that will hold approximately 100 people.  We have 3 county parks near us but those don't have the shelters yet.

These storms are heading our way tomorrow afternoon so we will have to find somewhere to hide.  Doesn't look like these storms would be held back by a little closet in the center of the house!

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2013, 09:20:07 PM »

I was just watching that on the Weather Channel.  How awful!  I just heard that a mother and her baby was sucked out of their car in that tornado that was crossing I-40.

They have built tornado shelters at a couple of our county parks that will hold approximately 100 people.  We have 3 county parks near us but those don't have the shelters yet.

These storms are heading our way tomorrow afternoon so we will have to find somewhere to hide.  Doesn't look like these storms would be held back by a little closet in the center of the house!

I meant to say these storms are in St. Louis.  I have never seen a bow-echo like what is hitting St. Louis.  Oklahoma is getting it again. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »

I've been watching on TV the storm reports in the Oklahoma City area.  Looks like that area may be out of the woods but bad storms headed towards St. Lous.  Please everyone stay safe.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2013, 09:44:37 PM »

I've been watching on TV the storm reports in the Oklahoma City area.  Looks like that area may be out of the woods but bad storms headed towards St. Lous.  Please everyone stay safe.

For the now it looks like Oklahoma City is out of the woods. Flooding all over the place.  St. Louis is getting hit and going into Ill. all the way to Wisconsin. I hope everyone's staying safe.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2013, 08:43:59 PM »

Hi Monkeys....spent part of the evening texting my sister who lives in St. Louis and was staying in her
basement.  Bad looking weather, but she was okay.  It did make me walk around my new home which has no basement and decided that the master bath is the new tornado shelter.     Have missed you during the move which took longer than expected.  Driving across country with furniture in a rental truck, and two cars following behind, is something you should do when you are very young. 

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »

Hi Monkeys....spent part of the evening texting my sister who lives in St. Louis and was staying in her
basement.  Bad looking weather, but she was okay.  It did make me walk around my new home which has no basement and decided that the master bath is the new tornado shelter.    Have missed you during the move which took longer than expected.  Driving across country with furniture in a rental truck, and two cars following behind, is something you should do when you are very young.  

Glad your sister is OK.  Glad you are OK as well.  You need to find out where the closest real shelter is for future reference!  Good to see you!  I will never move, it's way too much work.  
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2013, 02:04:19 AM »

basement.  Bad looking weather, but she was okay.  It did make me walk around my new home which has no basement and decided that the master bath is the new tornado shelter.     Have missed you during the move which took longer than expected.  Driving across country with furniture in a rental truck, and two cars following behind, is something you should do when you are very young. 

Glad your sister was okay. The weather has been bad all over. As for driving two cars and a rental truck cross country I feel for you. We drove our car and truck cross county pulling a trailer that was after having mostly everything else put in a semi and moved here. I wouldn't want to do it again.  Glad you made it safe and sound.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2013, 09:07:49 AM »

Thanks Klaas and Green Eyes....I am sitting here looking at stacks of boxes which need to be unpacked, but I am so happy that all of us made it safely.  Good friends drove the truck, and none of the vehicles "got lost". 

I thought I would tell you about how the truck packing and unpacking took place as this was a very large
rental, and the furniture was more than I could have handled.

At the old house a local moving company was hired to pack the rental.  They charged about $400 and worked quickly....however there were dings on some things.

At the new house, I arranged for firemen who are off duty to unload and put together furniture.  They were super.  Everything went into the right room, they worked fast and were so nice.  I would do this again in a minute.....if I were ever going to move again, that is....lol.

A move is exhausting and stressful...but having friends or relatives around sure helps.  Bye Blue Moon...

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2013, 09:23:20 AM »

Thanks Klaas and Green Eyes....I am sitting here looking at stacks of boxes which need to be unpacked, but I am so happy that all of us made it safely.  Good friends drove the truck, and none of the vehicles "got lost". 

I thought I would tell you about how the truck packing and unpacking took place as this was a very large

At the old house a local moving company was hired to pack the rental.  They charged about $400 and worked quickly....however there were dings on some things.

At the new house, I arranged for firemen who are off duty to unload and put together furniture.  They were super.  Everything went into the right room, they worked fast and were so nice.  I would do this again in a minute.....if I were ever going to move again, that is....lol.

A move is exhausting and stressful...but having friends or relatives around sure helps.  Bye Blue Moon...

Mere that is a wonderful idea about hiring off duty firemen.  We hired a trucking company to transport most everything. But hubs and brother loaded it. When we got here hubs and friends help unload. I still can't believe at all the stuff we moved and we gave away so much.  Glad you all made it safe. You will get settled in no time. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2013, 11:41:39 AM »

Glad you made it safe and sound Mere!  I feel for you, I hate moving!  Seems like it can never be done without some bumps and dings, but you sure found a smart way to get it unloaded and the furniture set up.  I would have never thought of that!  I'm sure you'll be all settled in very soon.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.