March 28, 2024, 02:52:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #61 04/22/13 - 12/03/14  (Read 420746 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: July 04, 2013, 12:41:25 PM »

HAPPY 4th OF JULY
Hope everyone has a safe & wonderful day. Thank you to all who have served our country past & present. Without them we would not be able to celebrate this day. 

May God Bless America 

What Green Eyes said!     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: July 04, 2013, 12:41:52 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: July 04, 2013, 12:56:33 PM »

what Muffy and Green Eyes and grace-land said....

Klaas.....let the guests do the clean up today...!    and maybe sit on the sofa and let them serve you this 4th.  Prayers for a quick recovery. 

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: July 04, 2013, 01:35:38 PM »

This is what I looked like 10 days ago:

And this is what I hope to look like soon  Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!  I crack myself up 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #204 on: July 04, 2013, 01:53:07 PM »

If that's the endgame for Bell's Palsy, where can I contract it??   

I wanna look like Christy and move like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXK9xqp0ae8

(can't get an embed code that works, for some reason)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: July 04, 2013, 02:29:58 PM »

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #206 on: July 04, 2013, 02:47:59 PM »

Klaas and CBB     

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2013, 12:20:27 AM »

Hope you're better soon Klaas!   

Hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: July 05, 2013, 11:26:05 AM »

Klaas....I am sitting here laughing.  You crack me up too....lol.
Hope you are better each day.

Hope everyone had a good 4th.  Steak and potatoes were delicious and visiting with family was the best. 

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: July 05, 2013, 11:29:55 PM »

Klaas, I hope you are doing better.  That sucks to be sick for that last two years.  Bells palsy takes a while to get back to normal.

Mere, glad you enjoyed your holiday with your family.  Your move has been a good one!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! 

We have had rain for the last 7 days and it is still raining.  They are calling for rain (heavy rain) for the next week also.  It ruined our 4th activities.  Everything is flooding and it will only get worse.

My brother is out of town for 2 weeks and he told us to go down to his home and pick anything that needed to be picked from his garden.  Well, we can't get to his home.  He lives by a creek and the main road leading to his home is under water.  Hubby said his big truck would make it but I told him NO WAY I going down there and get in that garden.  Copperheads and rattlesnakes love it in the rain and it washes them up into the dirt and mud.  I told him the garden was probably under water anyway because the creek floods and his garden is right beside the creek.  The creek usually goes down but not this time because the rain is not letting up.  I can picture Nashville flooding again cause this is heavy rain and it is lasting far longer than the last time.

CBB, I bet you are getting this rain also.  Is it flooding your way?  We had planned to go over into North Carolina in the mountains but backed out cause the mountains were flooding.

Anyway, the rain has ruined the holiday for us.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2013, 12:08:07 AM »

Here is a picture of all four of my dogs.  We really have one more but my brother adopted him.

How cute!!!  So glad you showed us the side without all the hair!!!

Monkey Devil!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2013, 12:17:51 AM »

The Maytag front loader I have now is fairly quiet, which is good since it's right off the kitchen/breakfast area.  I could hear my old one all the way out in the driveway when it was spinning the water out 

When I was a kid, I used to curl myself up on top of the washer and dryer.  All that spinning and agitation would put me to sleep!

shakng2

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2013, 12:48:05 AM »

The Maytag front loader I have now is fairly quiet, which is good since it's right off the kitchen/breakfast area.  I could hear my old one all the way out in the driveway when it was spinning the water out 

OMG that's the worst.  When my front loader used to spin there would be a loud banging noise like someone was shooting a machine gun.  When we removed the machine to replace it with the new one it was the pipe in back of my machine banking against it.  Because the front loader was so high with the attachment the pipe would hit it.  7 years we heard this noise.  We thought it was because the machine was off balance which it really was.  We put a baseball glove between the machine thinking that would help. Boy were we stupid

You guys from New York are always talking baseball!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: July 06, 2013, 12:56:32 AM »

A note on those Seventh Generation Dryer Sheets I use and San mentioned trying:

The first time I opened the box with the dryer sheets, they looked like brown waxed paper with perforated holes.  I wondered what the heck?  However, they work just fine.  I use the same one several times with no problem.  Of course, by the second or third use they look like a wadded up piece of paper sack  but they still work   

My family has gotten so used to unscented laundry products, when I sent my son's big comforter out to be cleaned (even too big for my front loader) we had to hang it outside for a couple of days to air in the sunlight because it had a sweet, flowery/fruity odor to it and it was almost over powering.  I can still smell the detergent or softener they used if I hold it near my face.  If I want my bedding to smell nice, I just spritz a bit of natural lavender water on it. 

What about the dryer balls you throw in the dryer and then there is no paper or smell?

Gotta have my scents.  I definitely am a candidate for scent therapy, and it works!  I use lavender on all the bed things and towels and bathroom rugs and fresh air on everything else.

sunny

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: July 06, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »

Happy 4th....!

Bearly....so good to see you....

Will be cranking up the barbeque pit today for daughter and son-in-law who have been doing so much to help me settle in....  The menu is steak, camping potatoes and grilled veggies with salad using creole tomatoes....something I really love.

http://neworleans.about.com/od/fooddrink/qt/Creole-Tomatoes.htm

What are you all doing today?

Thanks, Mere!

What are your camping potatoes like?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: July 06, 2013, 01:01:58 AM »

Hi Mere, I will be home most of the day today.  My family is having a party at a place and I decided I wanted to avoid the family fights...lol.  My neighbor invited me over and so did my friend who lives around the corner.  I told them I might stop by for a little bit but then I wanted to go home because my four pups would be home scared to death of the fireworks.

Enjoy your BBQ.

How did the pups make out?

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2013, 02:18:41 AM »

Every year we have a 4th of July party for the family and some friends.  Normally there are anywhere from 25-30 people.  We keep it simple and only BBQ hamburgers and hotdogs and I make chili and others bring side dishes. 

Last year my son and DIL were here as well and last year I was sick as a dog for the entire thing.  Ten days ago I woke up with Bell's Palsy!  I am getting better but it's harder for me to do stuff cause my right eye bugs me (although much better now).  So THIS year I was hoping less people would come but no luck, we will have about 26 people.
I hope next year I'm 100%, LOL 

Off to the grocery store to get last minute stuff!!!

HAPPY 4TH! 

So sorry, Klaas!!! 

Next year it's someone else's turn!!!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: July 06, 2013, 02:36:38 AM »

This is what I looked like 10 days ago:

And this is what I hope to look like soon  Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!  I crack myself up 

At first I thought the 2nd picture was Martha Stewart.  It was coming up too slow.  I was thinking the party started early!

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: July 06, 2013, 03:02:44 AM »

If that's the endgame for Bell's Palsy, where can I contract it??   

I wanna look like Christy and move like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXK9xqp0ae8

(can't get an embed code that works, for some reason)

For the embed code, 1st hit "Share" on the line next to where it says "like."  Then a new line will come up under that, and you will see "embed."

As for those moves, I wonder just what you would have to do to get that part of your body to stretch out like that?

What I can't understand is why they don't have more hits than they do.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: July 06, 2013, 03:11:48 AM »

Klaas, I hope you are doing better.  That sucks to be sick for that last two years.  Bells palsy takes a while to get back to normal.

Mere, glad you enjoyed your holiday with your family.  Your move has been a good one!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!  

We have had rain for the last 7 days and it is still raining.  They are calling for rain (heavy rain) for the next week also.  It ruined our 4th activities.  Everything is flooding and it will only get worse.

My brother is out of town for 2 weeks and he told us to go down to his home and pick anything that needed to be picked from his garden.  Well, we can't get to his home.  He lives by a creek and the main road leading to his home is under water.  Hubby said his big truck would make it but I told him NO WAY I going down there and get in that garden.  Copperheads and rattlesnakes love it in the rain and it washes them up into the dirt and mud.  I told him the garden was probably under water anyway because the creek floods and his garden is right beside the creek.  The creek usually goes down but not this time because the rain is not letting up.  I can picture Nashville flooding again cause this is heavy rain and it is lasting far longer than the last time.

CBB, I bet you are getting this rain also.  Is it flooding your way?  We had planned to go over into North Carolina in the mountains but backed out cause the mountains were flooding.

Anyway, the rain has ruined the holiday for us.

That is just terrible.  I hope everything is getting better!

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.